The Official 2017 NFL Offseason/Draft Thread

Options

Comments

• natural born sinners
    natural born sinners Members Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If I was the Houston GM id pick up Cutler and have a serious convo with the head coach and OC about committing to the run and basically limit cutler's chances of turning the ball over...pick up some good O-linemen in the draft n become a run first play action team. It would send the veteran players a message about how serious you are about contending for super bowl....jj watt and Hopkins woke up and fo8nd out Tom Savage will be their starting QB, you think "super bowl" was the first thought they got after seeing that
  • natural born sinners
    Options
    After the osweiler debacle Texans ain't taking crazy gamble on a QB. Which is what Kap is. He don't fit the offense at all...they just got rid of a QB with serious accuracy issues, which is something kap has been notoriously known for
  • bless the child
    bless the child Members Posts: 5,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I see Jay Cutler in the Texans future, and he's actually gonna do good lol
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kap throwing motion just ugly as hell and when he misses on throws he really misses. But ain't like Cutler is known for his accuracy. Him and Kap had comparable completion percentages last year. If you signed either of them you'd want to limit their attempts to 25 a game max.
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Options
    TheBoyRo wrote: »

Damn. It was all good a week ago. Texans aint even gone give Romo a run. Outside lookin in, ? dont make no sense.
  • marc123
    Options
    TheBoyRo wrote: »

? prolly gone pull a hammi joggin up the steps to the booth to call his 1st pre season gm. lol
  • natural born sinners
    Options
    Kap throwing motion just ugly as hell and when he misses on throws he really misses. But ain't like Cutler is known for his accuracy. Him and Kap had comparable completion percentages last year. If you signed either of them you'd want to limit their attempts to 25 a game max.

I agree...i just think Cutler the better option for their offense.
  • ckfree
    ckfree Members Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    word i think cutler would do well in houston with a great defense, a good run game and WR weapons if hes not asked to do much

i watched cutler shave 8 years off my life in chicago -- i also know when he had a strong defense and run game he was pretty decent -- did cutler play well last season? nope but he was also throwing to ups 3rd shift workers -- you wont get 4000 yards and 35 TDs from jay but he can still put together a few 250-300+ yard games and 2-3TDs -- texans dont need a savior just need him to deliver the ball to its weapons to score

difference between 9-7 and 11-5 is huge in the afc

9-7 lands you back in a wild card game playing for the right to lose to in foxboro

11-5 can land a bye or send you to alex smith

im the furthest from a cutler homer you can get

that man had me more interested in baseball during football season but i know within reason he can help out a win now ballclub
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Seahawks GM: Richard Sherman trade talk news is real
    By Kevin Patra
    Around the NFL writer
    Published: April 5, 2017 at 12:03 p.m.
    Updated: April 5, 2017 at 12:14 p.m.

Discussions about the Seattle Seahawks potentially trading Richard Sherman shouldn't be labeled "fake news."

Speaking on KIRO-AM in Seattle on Wednesday, general manager John Schneider continued to fuel the idea that the Seahawks would consider moving the All-Pro corner, noting "the news is real."

"I think we're a very unique organization in that regard. We have a great relationship with a lot of our players," Schneider said, via MyNorthWest.com. "There's very much an openness. What you've seen lately in the news is real. That's on both sides. It's just open communication.

"He knows what's going on. We know what's going on. I don't know if anything would ever happen, but like I tell people all the time, 98 percent of the deals that we're involved with, we don't follow through with. But at least we've opened that door, gone down the road and seen what's behind Door A or Door B."

Schneider said that trade conversations started at the NFL Scouting Combine. The GM didn't suggest that trade talks picked up recently, but said he's had conversations with Sherman on the matter.

"Absolutely," Schneider said. "This isn't a secret like this just came out of nowhere. People find things out and we're not going to lie to each other and we're not going to BS each other. It's going to be all laid out, and like I said, that doesn't happen everywhere. We have open lines of communication between our coaching staff and our player personnel staff. It goes through player development, it goes through our sports science group. There's a lot going on there."

At the Annual League Meeting last week, coach Pete Carroll conceded teams called about possibly trading for Sherman.

The corner told KIRO-AM's Gee Scott in a statement last week that he didn't want to leave Seattle, but understood trade talks are part of the "business."

While Schneider and Carroll have repeatedly said trades involving superstar players under reasonable contracts often don't come to fruition, one thing is clear from the GM's consistent, forthright comments on the subject: Seattle is open to trading one of its cornerstones.
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Jamal just ran a 4.39 at the pro day. You will see 4.33 floating around but I am using the non-bias numbers. But that is still blazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLmGo_Oelx4
  • natural born sinners
    Options
    ckfree wrote: »
    word i think cutler would do well in houston with a great defense, a good run game and WR weapons if hes not asked to do much

i watched cutler shave 8 years off my life in chicago -- i also know when he had a strong defense and run game he was pretty decent -- did cutler play well last season? nope but he was also throwing to ups 3rd shift workers -- you wont get 4000 yards and 35 TDs from jay but he can still put together a few 250-300+ yard games and 2-3TDs -- texans dont need a savior just need him to deliver the ball to its weapons to score

difference between 9-7 and 11-5 is huge in the afc

9-7 lands you back in a wild card game playing for the right to lose to in foxboro

11-5 can land a bye or send you to alex smith

im the furthest from a cutler homer you can get

that man had me more interested in baseball during football season but i know within reason he can help out a win now ballclub

At this point Cutler to Texans makes too much sense for it not to happen for either side. It's pretty much a win-win on some "what do we have to lose" type of scenario. ? can't demand too much $$ bc of his current ? ass ? status and Cutler won't have crazy expectations. He would give them a better shot at a super bowl run, but at the same time if Cutler don't deliver a Lombardi trophie to Houston no-one will deem it a great failure or disappointment as would have been the case with Romo in houston
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stew wrote: »

better hope it don't turn into another Haynesworth.
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stew wrote: »

better hope it don't turn into another Haynesworth.

Deal 1 yr for 4.5 mil .
  • natural born sinners
    Options
    Can't hurt...not a bad deal for a starting LB, considering what you guys lost in free agency
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ahhhhh #dynastycoming #beastmode
  • lord nemesis
    Options
    If Seattle really is trying to trade Sherm then Pittsburgh needs to get on the phone ASAP. Jesus, anybody but the Patriots.
  • marc123
    edited April 2017
    Options
    If Seattle really is trying to trade Sherm then Pittsburgh needs to get on the phone ASAP. Jesus, anybody but the Patriots.

Would seattle be crazy enough to trade sherm with in the division? If so, i think Arizona should make an offer.
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    if sherman gets traded to new england there needs to be an investigation
    Kraft got dirt on all the other owners? why the ? are teams helping the patriots?
  • lord nemesis
    Options
    Saints bringing in AP for a visit next week? lmaaooo, ? would get 5 carries a game. He might just need to hang em up.