The Official 2017 NFL Offseason/Draft Thread

Options

Comments

• natural born sinners
    natural born sinners Members Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nujerz84 wrote: »
    Losing Hankins will hurt but Im not mad overall what we done this offseason.

We had a good offseason...i expected us to lose Hankins or jpp...far as Hankins giants can't afford to overpay their 4th best linemen, no-one should. My only concern is that we are depending on the draft for our two biggest offensive needs going into the off-season which is LT and a ball catching TE that can block at a serviceable level...the draft is a ? shoot but I guess you can't build your Whole roster through free agency and have to hit in the draft...i believe this draft can put us in line to compete for a super bowl for the next 3 years if we hit.
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Cool The Saints need to go get him. No he is not a number 1 CB but at least he is better than what they have. Draft a CB in the 2nd round.

If they get him it should be

1st #11: LB Hassan Reddick/ DE Barnett
    1st #32: DE Jordan Willis/DT Malik McDowell/RB McCaffery
    2nd: CB Tabor/CB Adoree/CB Humphrey/CB Wilson/QB Mahomes
    3rd: QB Chad Kelly/QB Mahomes/LB Bowser
    3rd: RB McGuire/LB Riley

• bow to royalty
    bow to royalty Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Panthers locked up Short. 5 years/80 million
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Word is McCaffrey shut down all private workouts because he got a guarantee from a team in the mid first.

I feel like it's us and idk how to feel
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    BDBIID wrote: »
    Word is McCaffrey shut down all private workouts because he got a guarantee from a team in the mid first.

Sounds like a Bruce Allen move
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BDBIID wrote: »

Eagles or Saints
  • numbaz...80's baby
    numbaz...80's baby Members Posts: 5,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I'm hearing that the season opener wont be a Superbowl rematch like the previous season.

Pats will host KC and Atlanta will have the 1st SNF game in their new stadium.

Green Bay & Dallas is on the Birds' schedule. It might be one of them. I'm leaning towards Dallas because of their strong fanbase.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/04/16/patriots-chiefs-expected-to-opening-season-falcons-at-home-on-snf/
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm hearing that the season opener wont be a Superbowl rematch like the previous season.

Pats will host KC and Atlanta will have the 1st SNF game in their new stadium.

Green Bay & Dallas is on the Birds' schedule. It might be one of them. I'm leaning towards Dallas because of their strong fanbase.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/04/16/patriots-chiefs-expected-to-opening-season-falcons-at-home-on-snf/

Makes sense. Atl/NE gon get ratings regardless of where they put it on the schedule
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/19179759/cornerback-adam-jones-cincinnati-bengals-yells-reporter
    Pacman yells at reporter after arrest question

CINCINNATI -- Cincinnati Bengals cornerback Adam Jones went on a verbal tirade against a reporter just minutes into the team's first open interview period of the offseason on Monday.

Jones was speaking to the media for the first time since he was released from jail following an arrest in January. He spoke for only four minutes before he yelled at a reporter who asked if Jones had anything to say to the fans about his arrest. Jones announced before the interview that he would not be taking any questions related to the arrest.

Jones entered alcohol-related treatment program and anger management in the offseason following his arrest for harassment with a ? substance, assault, obstructing official business and disorderly conduct. Jones' felony charge stemmed from an incident where he spit on the hand of a nurse at the Cincinnati jail. He was also caught on camera cursing at a police officer and telling him "I hope you die tomorrow."

Cincinnati prosecutor Joe Deters dropped the felony charge in March, and said Jones' insistence on staying in the anger management program beyond the normal limits factored into his reasoning.

"I know you said you were thankful for the organization, is there anything you have to show to fans, have to prove to the fans for them to welcome you back since there were a lot of people upset with the way things went down in the offseason for you?," Jones was asked on Monday morning.

"Didn't I just tell you don't ask me that?" Jones said. "Turn around. Go back that way. See you. Next question."

Jones then walked away after declaring the reporter was not allowed to ask him any more questions for the rest of the year. He walked across the locker room to the restroom before turning around and coming back to berate the reporter. Jones repeatedly cursed at the reporter and said it was a "? question." Bengals coach Marvin Lewis eventually entered the room to speak with Jones.

Just a few minutes earlier, Jones answered an question from the same reporter on how he felt about the support from the Bengals' organization following the arrest.

"Words can't express my feelings for the organization, Mr. Brown, coach Lewis, my teammates, the city of Cincinnati," Jones said. "This is home for me, so I'm very eager be here and I don't take it for granted."

The Bengals declined to comment on Monday's incident.

Jones has been in off-the-field trouble several times over the course of his career, which almost came to an end after he was suspended by the NFL for the entire 2007 season due to an incident in a Las Vegas nightclub that resulted in a man being paralyzed. Jones was ordered to pay $12 million in damages to the victim due to his role in the incident.

Jones has been with the Bengals since 2010 and was voted a team captain for the first time last year.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    All I know is we bet not draft Tabor with his DT speed and quickness

I'll take Mixon in second round over Mccaffery in the first.
  • natural born sinners
    natural born sinners Members Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Whose most likely to be a bust trubiskey or mccaffrey?...i feel like they the two biggest enigmas in the draft
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Whose most likely to be a bust trubiskey or mccaffrey?...i feel like they the two biggest enigmas in the draft

Mccaffrey is legit.

He should have won the heisman 2 years ago
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • numbaz...80's baby
    edited April 2017
    Options
    All of the highways fkn up. Traffic all fkd up. It's all bad.

Good thing I dont have to deal with that bs. I work and live in Gwinnett county. As long as 78 is str8, no ? given from me.
  • numbaz...80's baby
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Overturned truck chemical spill shuts down I-285(detour for hwy 85 that collapsed); I-20 West(hwy with meme mentioned above) closed buckled due to air and concrete pressure from underground gas line filling; and tonight a fire under another bridge! Rough day for Atlanta area and the DOT!

All that happened 2day. Then you got hwy 85 on fire a few weeks ago

Tough out here
  • King_MOEbra
    King_MOEbra Members Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Overturned truck chemical spill shuts down I-285(detour for hwy 85 that collapsed); I-20 West(hwy with meme mentioned above) closed buckled due to air and concrete pressure from underground gas line filling; and tonight a fire under another bridge! Rough day for Atlanta area and the DOT!

Tough out here

Don't forget about the Hawks being in the playoffs- that's a disaster by itself.
  • numbaz...80's baby
    edited April 2017
    Options

Tough out here

*Edit: Another fire under the bridge of Buford Hwy just set that strip on fire. Something aint right.

Tough out here

Don't forget about the Hawks being in the playoffs- that's a disaster by itself.

Don't worry, Lebron wont be around forever. Cleveland will go back to normal soon
  • King_MOEbra
    King_MOEbra Members Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Tough out here

*Edit: Another fire under the bridge of Buford Hwy just set that strip on fire. Something aint right.

Tough out here

Don't worry, Lebron wont be around forever. Cleveland will go back to normal soon

Relax, he'll be around for another decade.
  • detcatinva
    detcatinva Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    karma for using these tax dollars and building new stadiums and not the roads
  • numbaz...80's baby
    Options

Tough out here

Tough out here

Relax, he'll be around for another decade.

He'll be washed in 5. That's being nice
  • Neophyte Wolfgang
    Neophyte Wolfgang Members Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't want to hear about ATL and that epic choke they had in the superbowl
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    detcatinva wrote: »

Braves had a perfectly good reason for one, Falcons, not so much.
  • numbaz...80's baby
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I don't want to hear about ATL and that epic choke they had in the superbowl

Me either
    Stew wrote: »

This is true
  • detcatinva
    detcatinva Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stew wrote: »

How so. I've only been in Atlanta for a year
  • numbaz...80's baby
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I go to at least 4 Falcons' game a year for free. The skyboxes and the stands. The Dome was still in good condition and could of lasted at least another 10/15 years. Braves' stadium was ragedy AF.