Options

Comments

• Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    detcatinva wrote: »
    Stew wrote: »
    karma for using these tax dollars and building new stadiums and not the roads

Braves had a perfectly good reason for one, Falcons, not so much.

How so. I've only been in Atlanta for a year

1. Turner Field was built for the Olympics, they transformed it into a baseball field

2. Take a trip around Turner Field and see what the city did around it in the last 20 years.

3. The City owns that stadium so the Braves never got a penny of revenue from it leaving them strapped for baseball spending purposes.
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    I go to at least 4 Falcons' game a year for free. The skyboxes and the stands. The Dome was still in good condition and could of lasted at least another 10/15 years. Braves' stadium was ragedy AF.

They were going to put more money into the actual stadium until the Braves decided they werent going to renew the lease. That was the least of their issues with Turner.
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think Turner field is better off. Ga State has it now and will do more for the community. Number one they need a MARTA station there. That would help out big time. Make it a southeast corridor. Send it right to I-675
  • MallyG
    MallyG Members Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I go to at least 4 Falcons' game a year for free. The skyboxes and the stands. The Dome was still in good condition and could of lasted at least another 10/15 years. Braves' stadium was ragedy AF.

I agree the Dome was/is in good condition, but it should have been renovated. It is one of the coldest stadiums I've seen that was a built in the 90's... And what I mean by cold is that it's nothing but a slab of gotdamn concrete inside that ? ! lol.. There's no real architectural design to that ? and no decor, ? jus looked blah and mundane compared to semi new football stadiums. I think the only thing they did was change the seats out some years back.
  • numbaz...80's baby
    numbaz...80's baby Members Posts: 5,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I agree, ijs it didnt need to be replaced. Blank got that new stadium so we could get the Super Bowl in Atlanta, for his soccer team and he wants to be like Jerry Jones.

That's all old, rich and, white selfish reasons. We didnt need it.
  • detcatinva
    detcatinva Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    karma for using these tax dollars and building new stadiums and not the roads

Braves had a perfectly good reason for one, Falcons, not so much.

How so. I've only been in Atlanta for a year

1. Turner Field was built for the Olympics, they transformed it into a baseball field

2. Take a trip around Turner Field and see what the city did around it in the last 20 years.

3. The City owns that stadium so the Braves never got a penny of revenue from it leaving them strapped for baseball spending purposes.

tru that makes some sense. i know that club right accross from the BP all the students from spellman clark and morehouse be there, there really wasn't much over there
  • detcatinva
    detcatinva Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wow aaron hernandez committed suicide
  • time_is_mon3y
    time_is_mon3y Members Posts: 250 ✭✭
    Options
    BREAKING NEWS: Former Patriot Aaron Hernandez was found dead in his cell this morning in a Massachusetts prison.
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BREAKING NEWS: Former Patriot Aaron Hernandez was found dead in his cell this morning in a Massachusetts prison.

crazy guilty conscience I suppose
  • King_MOEbra
    King_MOEbra Members Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I guess you can say he hung in there as long as he could...
  • 313 wayz
    313 wayz Members Posts: 2,179 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn, the Patriots will be at the White House today also

http://www.wcvb.com/article/new-england-patriots-visit-white-house-today-6-players-wont-go/9527489

The New England Patriots will become the first champions to visit the White House under President Donald Trump. Tuesday’s visit marks the first championship team that Trump will host in Washington D.C..

But when the Patriots line up for their photo opportunity, there will be at least six players missing.

Devin McCourty, LeGarrette Blount, Alan Branch, Dont'a Hightower, Chris Long and Martellus Bennett have said they won't be attending. All but Hightower have expressed dismay over Trump and have cited political reasons as their decision not to attend.

In 2015, quarterback Tom Brady skipped the White House visit with former President Barack Obama. Brady said he had a family commitment and the decision was not political.

Brady is expected to make the trip this year. His friendship with Trump is well documented.

The Pats will meet Trump in the Oval Office at 1 p.m. before heading out onto the South Lawn for the event.
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • OhioState1987
    OhioState1987 Members Posts: 598 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • PanchoYoSancho
    PanchoYoSancho Members Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Gets off of 2 more murders and hangs himself? I know he was still serving life, but I dunno man.
  • O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kraft sent the goons
  • ghost!
    ghost! Members Posts: 7,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Didnt see that coming.
  • BeleeDatPleighboy
    BeleeDatPleighboy Members Posts: 8,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Options
    This "suicide" is shady as ? ...

This aquital totally nuked the states basis of conviction and the motive behind the murder of Odin Lloyd.

That appeal was coming and was probably gonna be successful....

? just aint adding up bruh
  • goodlookinout
    goodlookinout Members Posts: 5,302 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Dag Aaron Hernandez
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Very disappointed that Only 4 players are boycotting the white house

What would make a black player wanna go when chris long doesn't wanna go?
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nujerz84 wrote: »

crazy guilty conscience I suppose

I think they killed him
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

This aquital totally nuked the states basis of conviction and the motive behind the murder of Odin Lloyd.

Exactly.... they killed him cuz he was gonna get off
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I successful appeal was coming when he was sitting on life with no parole? Yeah, I'd say that acquittal just hit him hard the other day. ? just probably started really wrapping his mind around everything and snapped. Its a crazy end to a ? up story, though.