Is Chance The Rapper The Undisputed King Of Hip-Hop In 2017?

Options
124»

Comments

• Lefty_
    Lefty_ Members, Writer Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I like to guage things like this on how i'd anticipate the hip hop world reacting to a suprise album. With that said, Drake and Kendrick still hold the crown as it pertains to active rappers.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »
    Matike85 wrote: »
    TheGOAT wrote: »
    anduin wrote: »
    Migos and Seans albums are already better than Chance. I can appreciate his style but I already heard Kanye do it better.
    Migos and Seans albums are already better than Chance
    200w.gif
    @anduin @TheGOAT
    To Be Fair ...Chance The Rapper Has Never Drop an official debut album yet.... his official debut album will be coming out later on this year.

Huh?

Is that with you assuming hes gonna sign to a label and sell his music?

I just view his mixtapes as his albums since they free. Well at least AcidRap & Coloring Book... 10Day was jackin beats
    @TheGOAT
    You do not have to sign to a Major recording label to complete a full debut album...Independent recording labels still exists.. Apple Music sign Drake to 19 million deal through streaming ... that where the game is going permanently by 2020...Chance The Rapper prove it... that why we are having this discussion..
    I havent heard any announcment about a 2017 Chance debut album. Did i miss somthin?

Chance The Rapper is going on tour this year... Official Debut Album will be dropping soon

n132t0l1mtbs.png

His tour is pretty much mid sized venues and festivals. Cole sold out 30,000 seat outdoor venues and bigger 20,000 seat arenas on his last tour. Cole has a bigger movement than Chance right now. And remember cole has taken a break from a large scale tour.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8MKuynK4H8&t=29s

I thought I was the Cole stan

I am a reasonable cole stan. People can say what they want but the numbers don't lie. Of the new ? outside of Drake no other ? in rap had a bigger coast to coast tour like cole did back in 2015. Not even Kendrick had headlined a tour as big with as many people showing up per night.
  • Matike85
    Matike85 Members Posts: 4,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Migos and Seans albums are already better than Chance. I can appreciate his style but I already heard Kanye do it better.
    200w.gif
    @anduin @TheGOAT
    To Be Fair ...Chance The Rapper Has Never Drop an official debut album yet.... his official debut album will be coming out later on this year.

Huh?

I just view his mixtapes as his albums since they free. Well at least AcidRap & Coloring Book... 10Day was jackin beats
    @TheGOAT
    You do not have to sign to a Major recording label to complete a full debut album...Independent recording labels still exists.. Apple Music sign Drake to 19 million deal through streaming ... that where the game is going permanently by 2020...Chance The Rapper prove it... that why we are having this discussion..
    I havent heard any announcment about a 2017 Chance debut album. Did i miss somthin?

Chance The Rapper is going on tour this year... Official Debut Album will be dropping soon

n132t0l1mtbs.png

His tour is pretty much mid sized venues and festivals. Cole sold out 30,000 seat outdoor venues and bigger 20,000 seat arenas on his last tour. Cole has a bigger movement than Chance right now. And remember cole has taken a break from a large scale tour.

@MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Tru... But J.Cole Got No Grammies wins as rap album of the year as a mixtape.
  • Matike85
    Options
    Mr.LV wrote: »
    Happy for his success but I find him overrated. Acid Rap was cool though.

Yeah Acid Rap is his best project to date,people on here were gassing up his verse on ultralight beam ,I though it was aight verse at best.
    @Mr.LV
    Exactly ... and now the same people do not to want to give Chance The Rapper any more love... because now he multiple Grammy Award winner or even mention his crowning achievement as shot at the Hip Hop Throne. The Irony..lol

• Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Foh y'all can go back to the threads back then. I been saying that ass raps mixtape was weak
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yeah Acid Rap is his best project to date,people on here were gassing up his verse on ultralight beam ,I though it was aight verse at best.
    @Mr.LV
    Exactly ... and now the same people do not to want to give Chance The Rapper any more love... because now he multiple Grammy Award winner or even mention his crowning achievement as shot at the Hip Hop Throne. The Irony..lol

Eh... Can't say I agree personally. I mean I get you're responding to a few of the notions going in the thread, but I couldn't give a ? about a Grammy. His last project had little replay value to me. It just wasn't that good and definitely overrated.
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    Options
    TayGettem wrote: »
    rip.dilla wrote: »
    The Recipe wrote: »
    How much did his brother coming out as a ? a couple weeks b4 the Grammys impact the selection commitee with the whole ? agenda sweeping across america tho?
    847vsf2owma8.jpg

Wait...

That ? ? ?!?

No he got a baby momma and daughter idk wtf the recipe talkin abt

Chance's brother came out as a ? a fews back. That who he's talkin about

Oh so because his non famous brother is ? they gave him a win....ya that makes sense

? , chill, the whole original statement was sarcasm.

An that was me also using sarcasm. Inception

My ? , you can't clap back with sarcasm when you didn't get the joke in the first place. Foh with that ? lil bruh.
  • Go figure
    Go figure Guests, Members, Confirm Email, Writer Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    200w.gif
    @anduin @TheGOAT

Huh?

@TheGOAT

n132t0l1mtbs.png

Damn no chicago date
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Go figure wrote: »
    200w.gif
    @anduin @TheGOAT

Huh?

@TheGOAT

n132t0l1mtbs.png

Damn no chicago date

Most likely got somethin special in the works for Chi

Look at that big gap between last 2 dates
  • Kwan Dai
    Kwan Dai Members Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Sure if, you view your Rap music through Casey Kasim, ? Clarke lenses.
  • TayGettem
    TayGettem Members Posts: 6,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How much did his brother coming out as a ? a couple weeks b4 the Grammys impact the selection commitee with the whole ? agenda sweeping across america tho?
    847vsf2owma8.jpg

Wait...

That ? ? ?!?

Oh so because his non famous brother is ? they gave him a win....ya that makes sense

My ? , you can't clap back with sarcasm when you didn't get the joke in the first place. Foh with that ? lil bruh.

1) I'm not lil
    2) not ya bru
    3) u can't tell if I got it or not cuz u can't tell the context I was using in my head

#FckYa
  • TayGettem
    TayGettem Members Posts: 6,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Mr.LV

Hold ya horses he deserves a shot at the hip hop throne for 3 grammys.....sorry but there's guys who've done alot more than him for u to pass it to him this early.
  • Matike85
    edited February 2017
    Options

@Mr.LV

Eh... Can't say I agree personally. I mean I get you're responding to a few of the notions going in the thread, but I couldn't give a ? about a Grammy. His last project had little replay value to me. It just wasn't that good and definitely overrated.

How is he overrated?.. when technically he never came out with a debut full album yet...He is famous off a mixtape
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    200w.gif
    @anduin @TheGOAT

Huh?

@TheGOAT

n132t0l1mtbs.png

@MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Tru... But J.Cole Got No Grammies wins as rap album of the year as a mixtape.

But multiple platinum albums and a more loyal fanbase unless you are trolling me lol.
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    Options

@Mr.LV

How is he overrated?.. when technically he never came out with a debut full album yet...He is famous off a mixtape

? I said Coloring Book is overrated.
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    Options
    847vsf2owma8.jpg

Wait...

That ? ? ?!?

1) I'm not lil
    2) not ya bru
    3) u can't tell if I got it or not cuz u can't tell the context I was using in my head

#FckYa

1) you younger than me
    2) you not black?
    3) quit responding like a ? when I was clearly joking with ya.

#fuckyaself
  • Matike85
    Options

@Mr.LV

Hold ya horses he deserves a shot at the hip hop throne for 3 grammys.....sorry but there's guys who've done alot more than him for u to pass it to him this early.

@TayGettem
    Chance The Rapper debut album might be the next Illmatic of this generation
  • Go figure
    Go figure Guests, Members, Confirm Email, Writer Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Go figure wrote: »
    200w.gif
    @anduin @TheGOAT

Huh?

@TheGOAT

n132t0l1mtbs.png

Damn no chicago date

Most likely got somethin special in the works for Chi

Look at that big gap between last 2 dates

didnt notice that sho hope so!
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Mr.LV

You answered your own question.