What Makes Dr. Dre better than Swizz Beats???

Options

Comments

• Preach2Teach
    Preach2Teach Members Posts: 3,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    _? _ wrote: »
    Swizz had classics from 97 to 2017
    Dre had classic from 91-99 the one in 2003

91-99? NWA formed in 1986, google is your friend.
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I don't know about 1986 but Turn Off The Lights by The World Class Wrecking Crew was HUGE in Boston and that came out in 1987.
  • _God_
    _God_ Members Posts: 6,396 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Ok even that swizz reign still longer and will be longer . He doesn't have regional music
  • natural born sinners
    natural born sinners Members Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    *Ever heard of a little known album titled "the chronic".....no?..ok

*How bout NWA...just a couple of kids from Compton that changed rap music forever in large part bc of the production and direction they had from Andre young....no?...ok

*how bout Eminem, snoop, 50 cent...just a few rap dudes that found a little success under dre.

• _God_
    Options

*How bout NWA...just a couple of kids from Compton that changed rap music forever in large part bc of the production and direction they had from Andre young....no?...ok

*how bout Eminem, snoop, 50 cent...just a few rap dudes that found a little success under dre.

? its 2017 get off that albumcaint that great
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Its WELL known Dre barely do his own ? . That ? is NOT a beatmaker.

Just is miles better than Swizz on average but Swizz got heat, he and Dame Grease cranked out hella hits during the Ruff Ryders days and Swizz even dumped out a few since.
  • natural born sinners
    natural born sinners Members Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

? its 2017 get off that albumcaint that great

So we supposed to forget ? contributions to the culture bc it's been a while...haha
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    Dre's classic are just bigger and more timeless

Swizz had more hits tho
  • qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LOL @ at thread name change.

But to answer the new thread question this is what makes Dre better then Swizz.

Boyz-n-the-Hood
    Straight Outta Compton
    Eazy-Duz-It
    Express Yourself
    It's Funky Enough
    100 Miles and Runnin
    Deep Cover
    Nuthin' but a 'G' Thang
    ? wit Dre Day
    Let Me Ride
    Who Am I? (What's My Name?)
    Gin and Juice"
    Doggy Dogg World"
    Afro Puffs
    California Love
    ? Please
    Still D.R.E.
    The Next Episode
    Let Me Blow Ya Mind
    Family Affair
    In da Club
    Westside Story
    How We Do
    In the Ghetto

And these are just the ones he produced that charted. I didn't even list all of em and not to mention all the album cuts.

Swizz is nice, I'm one the few on here who thinks he is a good producer. But FOH wit this Dre bs.

Oh someone need to ban this ? ass ? .
    qawshun wrote: »
    man look after that battle I have a whole new respect for swizz i'd love to see dre try to bang out with anyone. I personally think dre would lose. I can't think of 10 bangers that dre has that's gonna make it a battle

GetTFO.gif

I'm gonna have to run through Dre joints cause i thought he made that Compton joint on Kendrick lp and that was just blaze, not to mention the Scott storch joints. And I've always hated California love mad max version. I thought the other version was better
  • *~queenbee~*
    *~queenbee~* Members Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    bck145 wrote: »
    Swizz gets unnecessary hate...he has made a ton of heat...but he's not dre...no one is

Dre ain't even Dre. That ? ain't made a beat since NWA

Quite as it's kept, that girl Dre has a variety of ghost producers working for her. Since the music industry is so fickle, some of the girls aren't afraid to publicly expose ha. They just don't want to get blackballed from the same game that is feeding them.
  • black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dr dre hasn't had a classic song sing 1999

In The Club and Game's How We Do
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Its WELL known Dre barely do his own ? . That ? is NOT a beatmaker.

Just is miles better than Swizz on average but Swizz got heat, he and Dame Grease cranked out hella hits during the Ruff Ryders days and Swizz even dumped out a few since.

bck145 wrote: »
    Swizz gets unnecessary hate...he has made a ton of heat...but he's not dre...no one is

Dre ain't even Dre. That ? ain't made a beat since NWA

Quite as it's kept, that girl Dre has a variety of ghost producers working for her. Since the music industry is so fickle, some of the girls aren't afraid to publicly expose ha. They just don't want to get blackballed from the same game that is feeding them.

Prove it, we'll wait....
  • trendsetta1030
    trendsetta1030 Members Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I though dre uses ghost beat makers an tags his name on tha beat
    I think hitman mentioned this or I 4getvwere I heard this
  • optimistic
    optimistic Members Posts: 659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Beat making and production are two different animals. No way in hell does Dre go live and win that battle .
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That Beat in the OP vid sounds hella annoying. Im sure an official version would sound better, but in that vid it just sounds horrible.
  • Nechesh358
    Nechesh358 Members Posts: 276 ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options
    He needs to drop this ? official now.

IDK what its gotta do with Dre tho. Imagine what Dre got in his stash tho....
  • _God_
    Options
    Nechesh358 wrote: »
    He needs to drop this ? official now.

IDK what its gotta do with Dre tho. Imagine what Dre got in his stash tho....

Dre ain't got no relevant ? in his drive if he does he'll put it out when it irrelevant
  • black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    optimistic wrote: »
    Beat making and production are two different animals. No way in hell does Dre go live and win that battle .

You do know Dre was a DJ first right?
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    ? still believing Sure Knight articles in 2017 smh
  • TDUB1
    TDUB1 Members Posts: 382 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    if it wasn't for dre and nwa wouldn't be ruff riders or swizz
  • optimistic
    optimistic Members Posts: 659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    optimistic wrote: »

You do know Dre was a DJ first right?

Yeah, and Swizz is a DJ now, and he's better at it
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? signed on to a Hip Hop forum but still don't know the difference between a producer and beatmaker.

But y'all go on ahead keep believing dre didn't produce anything tho. Y'all credibility been shot anyway
  • NoCompetition
    NoCompetition Members Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? signed on to a Hip Hop forum but still don't know the difference between a producer and beatmaker.

But y'all go on ahead keep believing dre didn't produce anything tho. Y'all credibility been shot anyway

Yeah dont make no sense. Why cause some people who wanted to disparage him said it? Why believe that with no proof. I can believe he had help and collaborators wherever though but that dont mean he didnt make anything.
    At first I would think this is like a slam dunk for Dre he has some of the best beats I ever heard but Thinking about it, Swizz has had some too. WWIII and Ranthem come to mind off the top of my head,