What Makes Dr. Dre better than Swizz Beats???

Options

Comments

• trendsetta1030
    trendsetta1030 Members Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options
    TDUB1 wrote: »
    if it wasn't for dre and nwa wouldn't be ruff riders or swizz

If it wasn't 4 psk you wouldn't have nwa… nwa did not start gangsta rap they jus popularized it
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=4478SMAc2qM
  • trendsetta1030
    Options
    _? _ wrote: »
    Dr dre hasn't had a classic song sing 1999

In The Club and Game's How We Do

I though bizzare of d12 produced in the club or sum 1 in d12 cmon now
  • _God_
    _God_ Members Posts: 6,396 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TDUB1 wrote: »
    if it wasn't for dre and nwa wouldn't be ruff riders or swizz

If it wasn't for Mobstyle there would have been no NWA
  • Midwest_Journalist
    Midwest_Journalist Members Posts: 321 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Come on ... are you guys going to say Swizz Beats legacy is better than Dre's LOL ! ? ! ? ! The dude is technically the Godfather of West Coast rap. Can y'all say that with Swizz and the East Coast?

Dr. Dre is better overall.

Snoop Dogg
    50 Cent
    Eminem
    Kendrick Lamar
    The Game
    N.W.A.
    - Just to name a few.

How many Household names did Swizz HELP put on? Even Eve was a former Aftermath artist.
  • trendsetta1030
    Options
    Come on ... are you guys going to say Swizz Beats legacy is better than Dre's LOL ! ? ! ? ! The dude is technically the Godfather of West Coast rap. Can y'all say that with Swizz and the East Coast?

Snoop Dogg
    50 Cent
    Eminem
    Kendrick Lamar
    The Game
    N.W.A.
    - Just to name a few.

How many Household names did Swizz HELP put on? Even Eve was a former Aftermath artist.
    Ruff Ryder's dominated the east coast 4 a while … an dre did not find 50 Eminem did dre did not find game… an wat legacy exactly does Eminem have??? Kendrik neva even listen 2 em an idk bout snoop but I doubt dre found him maybe kurupt or daz … an nwa was ice cube
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    Just stop talkin bruh
  • _God_
    Options
    Dr dre is so overrated if they battled swizz would make him look like the heatmakers
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Revolver Ocelot Members Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Snoop Dogg
    50 Cent
    Eminem
    Kendrick Lamar
    The Game
    N.W.A.
    - Just to name a few.

Ruff Ryder's DMX dominated the east coast 4 a while … an dre did not find 50 Eminem did dre did not find game… an wat legacy exactly does Eminem have??? Kendrik neva even listen 2 em an idk bout snoop but I doubt dre found him maybe kurupt or daz … an nwa was ice cube

Fixed.

• _God_
    Options
    Why do ppl keep mentioning the game as if he has classic records? He was a stripper *omelly voice*
  • Midwest_Journalist
    Options

Snoop Dogg
    50 Cent
    Eminem
    Kendrick Lamar
    The Game
    N.W.A.
    - Just to name a few.

Ruff Ryder's dominated the east coast 4 a while … an dre did not find 50 Eminem did dre did not find game… an wat legacy exactly does Eminem have??? Kendrik neva even listen 2 em an idk bout snoop but I doubt dre found him maybe kurupt or daz … an nwa was ice cube

Yeah...I'm pretty sure there's a backstory to a backstory of every artist.

* Dre. Dre had success at Ruthless, Death Row and Aftermath has been successful many years - Anderson Paak is going to be the next big thing.

* 50 Cent was on Shady (Em's label) and AFTERMATH. Dre played a part in his success.
    - "In the club" from his debut "Get Rich or Die Trying" was Produced by Dr. Dre
    - Produced 3 other songs on the album too.

* YES. Dre. Dre put game on after he made mixtapes and underground albums. The whole G-Unit idea was from the Interscope heads and the purpose was to create interest around 50's G-Unit crew.
    - Produced 7 cuts on "The Documentary"

"And lets not forget who made me hot. It was Dr. Dre who took me out the weed spot" - A line from Game dissing 50

* We all know Dr. Dre put Eminem on, there's no debating that.

* Kendrick already had success as independent artist, but the Aftermath deal boosted his popularity more.

* Dr. Dre discovered Snoop through his brother Warren G. Snoop was in a group with Nate Dogg and Warren G. Daz is Snoop's cousin. Snoop brought Kurupt to Death Row when they became cool after a freestyle battle in a club.

* NWA wasn't just Ice Cube.Eazy and Dre was the foundation for the group. Dre already had a partnership with Cube when he asked him to write lyrics for the World Class Wreckin Cru. He played a major part in the success, but NWA was still successful without Cube. "? 4 Life" was damn near platinum the first week it was out.

• THE_R_
    THE_R_ Members Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options
    SWIZZ GETS ALOT OF UNWARRANTED HATE...
    I'D PUT HIM OVER ? -ASS JUST BLAZE ANYDAY...

AS FOR DRE...
    DRE "PRODUCED" ALOT OF CLASSIC ALBUMS FRONT TO BACK...
    THE CHRONIC, 2001, ? , NIGGAZ4LIFE.....THE LIST GOES ON...
  • Juttythe3rd
    Juttythe3rd Members Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    _? _ wrote: »
    . https://youtu.be/5grzBYetgmM

https://youtu.be/gMN2rXHpD5U

https://youtu.be/jpSimrgErZo

Bigger business will always stay rotation for me
  • natural born sinners
    natural born sinners Members Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? signed on to a Hip Hop forum but still don't know the difference between a producer and beatmaker.

But y'all go on ahead keep believing dre didn't produce anything tho. Y'all credibility been shot anyway

Yeah dont make no sense. Why cause some people who wanted to disparage him said it? Why believe that with no proof. I can believe he had help and collaborators wherever though but that dont mean he didnt make anything.
    At first I would think this is like a slam dunk for Dre he has some of the best beats I ever heard but Thinking about it, Swizz has had some too. WWIII and Ranthem come to mind off the top of my head,

Dre would smack swizz silly in a battle....swizz is a better performer and makes records that play better in the setting they was in....also have to take the crew swizz had into consideration they was bouncing to his ? while just blaze looked like the weird kid eating lunch alone at school.
    You understand Dre is gonna pull out over 30 YEARS WORTH OF RECORDS. Come on man...? can't be serious! Dudes on here comparing swizz beatz to ? dr. Dre...dre is usually top 5 on most hip hop heads list...now swizz on that level after a battle!! Hahaha
    Swizz mostly got hits...dre got TIMELESS classics...big difference
  • optimistic
    optimistic Members Posts: 659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? signed on to a Hip Hop forum but still don't know the difference between a producer and beatmaker.

But y'all go on ahead keep believing dre didn't produce anything tho. Y'all credibility been shot anyway

Yeah dont make no sense. Why cause some people who wanted to disparage him said it? Why believe that with no proof. I can believe he had help and collaborators wherever though but that dont mean he didnt make anything.
    At first I would think this is like a slam dunk for Dre he has some of the best beats I ever heard but Thinking about it, Swizz has had some too. WWIII and Ranthem come to mind off the top of my head,

Dre would smack swizz silly in a battle....swizz is a better performer and makes records that play better in the setting they was in....also have to take the crew swizz had into consideration they was bouncing to his ? while just blaze looked like the weird kid eating lunch alone at school.
    You understand Dre is gonna pull out over 30 YEARS WORTH OF RECORDS. Come on man...? can't be serious! Dudes on here comparing swizz beatz to ? dr. Dre...dre is usually top 5 on most hip hop heads list...now swizz on that level after a battle!! Hahaha

But the battle isn't how many songs from your catalogue you can play. Have ? here ever been to a DJ battle?
  • *~queenbee~*
    *~queenbee~* Members Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Once upon a time not too long ago, I've noticed how repellent some hip hop fans can be. They complaint about the most frivolous aspects of the culture, but have nothing to add/offer. I understand that it's the fan's prerogative to critique anything that pertains to rap music. Whenever online forums are created, the owners of these websites love to see opinionated perspectives. This is what they and I both love, but baby..........

SOME OF YOU GIRLS ON HERE ARE REALLY TRYING IT WITH DISSING THE HEATMAKERZ. I DON'T KNOW WHAT TYPE OF MUSIC YOU'RE INTO, BUT THEY HAD THAT HOT FIYAH; NO SHADE! THEY PRODUCED NUMEROUS OF CLASSICS FOR THE DIPLOMATS' and others ON THEIR DEBUT ALBUM. THE AUDACITY OF YOU GIRLS TO DENY THEIR GREATNESS IS DESPICABLE AND DISGUSTING. PLEASE DO BETTER!
  • Stew
    Options
    optimistic wrote: »

But the battle isn't how many songs from your catalogue you can play. Have ? here ever been to a DJ battle?

Whats your point in this argument? :joy:
  • optimistic
    optimistic Members Posts: 659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stew wrote: »

My point is, in a battle the object is to rock the crowd that's right there. Mix, scratch , innovate.
    ? in here talking about legacies
  • Stew
    Options
    Stew wrote: »

My point is, in a battle the object is to rock the crowd that's right there. Mix, scratch , innovate.
    ? in here talking about legacies

Why do u think he has a legacy? Just for being the face of Beats headphones? :joy:
  • Midwest_Journalist
    edited March 2017
    Options

Good battle .. but that ? annoyed me. They should have done it in the radio station 1 on 1 with no crowd.

You're right, Dre would murder Swizz in a battle and he wouldn't need to be surrounded by Snoop, Ice Cube, Game, Eminem, Kendrick and his wife ... LOL!
  • trendsetta1030
    Options
    Mannie fresh>dre
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Swizz beats wins cause he somehow managed to wife Alicia
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    700 Members Posts: 14,496 ✭✭✭✭✭