Hollywood Got Jokes And Clowns Black Men All At The Same Damn Time

Options

Comments

• TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yea he knew it was wrong but he didnt say ? . Dont his mouthpiece work?

Then instead of addressing it he played the female and handed it to her
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    TheGOAT wrote: »
    Yea he knew it was wrong but he didnt say ? . Dont his mouthpiece work?

Then instead of addressing it he played the female and handed it to her

Look like he was showing her like "yo you see this ? ?" Lol
  • blue_london
    blue_london Members Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    fortyacres wrote: »
    Moral of the story moonlight was a great film it deserved the awards won.

I haven't seen hidden figures the white hero stuff really put me off.

what white hero stuff? , you do know its a true story based on a book written by a Black Woman ?

I know it's a true story however some scenes was added the director said

He didn’t see a problem with adding a white hero into the story.

“There needs to be white people who do the right thing, there needs to be black people who do the right thing,” Melfi said. “And someone does the right thing. And so who cares who does the right thing, as long as the right thing is achieved?”

But they do that for damn near every movie based on a true story.

Hell for years, until I read his Autobiography, I thought once Malcolm X and his siblings were sent to foster care that he never saw them again. But that's not true at all, he lived w/ his sister when he was in Boston and it was a sibling or 2 that introduced him to Islam when he was in prison and he had some communication with them while he was in the NOI. For whatever reason Spike left all that out the movie.

I fully understand that and I'm not discrediting the work done just saying that put me off the film.

I would personally prefer they didn't add those scenes and try keep it as factual as possible. Without those scenes it wouldn't of hurt the film.
  • fortyacres
    fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,480 Regulator
    Options

what white hero stuff? , you do know its a true story based on a book written by a Black Woman ?

“There needs to be white people who do the right thing, there needs to be black people who do the right thing,” Melfi said. “And someone does the right thing. And so who cares who does the right thing, as long as the right thing is achieved?”

Hell for years, until I read his Autobiography, I thought once Malcolm X and his siblings were sent to foster care that he never saw them again. But that's not true at all, he lived w/ his sister when he was in Boston and it was a sibling or 2 that introduced him to Islam when he was in prison and he had some communication with them while he was in the NOI. For whatever reason Spike left all that out the movie.

I fully understand that and I'm not discrediting the work done just saying that put me off the film.

I would personally prefer they didn't add those scenes and try keep it as factual as possible. Without those scenes it wouldn't of hurt the film.

But you do realise for them to actually be part of the NASA Gemini program white people also had to cosign ?
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    time for yall to calm the ? down.

your homophobic ? is an antiquated thought process.

you dont like ? ? then avoid it.

you dont accidentally stumble upon ? ? .

these brothers and sisters worked their ? ? off and deserve the recognition.

Stop acting like everything these white folks do is a personal attack against us.

worse than the alt right, i swear. may as well put a gotdamn sheet on your head and call yourselves Bu Blux Blan.
    How dare you keep us in a box.

? you.

These hotep ? actually working with alt-right like it's been confirm
  • blue_london
    Options

But you do realise for them to actually be part of the NASA Gemini program white people also had to cosign ?

Of course i do.. Again I don't agree the narrative on here that everything is race related etc. My issue is just with the added scenes that could of been left out.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Of course i do.. Again I don't agree the narrative on here that everything is race related etc. My issue is just with the added scenes that could of been left out.

Wich ones?
  • Kwan Dai
    Kwan Dai Members Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Options

Stop acting like everything these white folks do is a personal attack against us.

worse than the alt right, i swear. may as well put a gotdamn sheet on your head and call yourselves Bu Blux Blan.

? you.

Are you suggesting that Blacks should adopt this line thinking because, our American\Eurocentric majority says so? Are you suggesting that Black culture is antiquated therefore inferior to white culture because there is still a stronghold of Blacks across the diaspora who refuse to get behind the publicizing of this particular life style?

The attacks may not be personal. However, there is plenty of history that suggests white do not have our collective best interest in mind even when it appears as though they mean well.

• fortyacres
    fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,480 Regulator
    Options
    JokerzWyld wrote: »
    Moonlight wasn't an impressive film to me. I couldn't care less about the homosexuality in the film. It felt fake. The dialogue was sparse to the point of being non existent. The script was weak. The quality of the actors couldn't compensate for that weakness IMO.

Manchester was an average film with no character development. Casey Affleck's range as an actor in that film was inferior compared to Denzel & Viola in Fences, and Emma Stone in La La Land.

Birth of a Nation being snubbed was clearly political and very disgraceful, even for the academy. It was a strong film with strong actors, a strong plot, etc. Hidden Figures was decent but the drama seemed contrived in an unrealistic way to bolster a feminist position. Fences was most deserving of Best Picture in that category with the films included. I'm not surprised it lost though; when has the academy ever gotten it right?

No i really disagree on Fences ,it still looked like alot like a stage play. It had Great dialogue and performances (from Denzel and Viola) but was not the best picture , nowhere near.

Moonlight deserves best picture the cinematography, the colors used ,the grit , it felt like that part of miami and had better use of music and nuance. Also three different actors playing the same person at three different stages in their lives and all performance being that on point , if you cant appreciate that direction or the themes then you dont like or understand cinema.

Moreover how is hidden figures a feminist position movie when its actually a true story that needed exposure and telling?

Birth of a Nation had amateur directing and editing, the story was not well told.

Its subjective but they do get it right in that category most times than not:

Great Best Pictures in the last 18 years imo

12 Years a Slave
    The King's Speech
    No Country for Old Men
    Slumdog Millionaire
    The Departed
    Million Dollar Baby
    The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King
    A Beautiful Mind
    Gladiator
    American Beauty

Fences was designed to look like a play. However, would that be any different than Birdman.

Moonlight was no different than Pariah to me, and as far as the time skips, Boyhood was more revolutionary.

I felt like Hidden Figures was pushing the feminist agenda by showing black men discouraging the characters from reaching their goals. I felt that was contrived because none of those men ever stopped those women from pursuing their careers. The film began with them already working for NASA. So obviously they weren't in the way of black women's progress to the extent that Taraji's character accused Mahershala's character of doing.

The TS is making a point here that strong, assertive black male characters are excluded from Oscar wins. With that point in mind Will Smith lost for Ali, Denzel Lost for Malcolm X, and Nate Parker wasn't even nominated. At this point there is nothing more to discuss.

NAACP Image awards >>>>>>> Oscars/Grammys/Emmys

It was not designed to look like a play dude don't kid yourself , it was supposed to be adapted for Film , and also by that argument it does not deserve best picture because it did not translate best to film. Birdman was not a shot the same was as Fences and is not a play adaptation , its a movie about the theatre there is a difference there.

Will Smith was nominated for Ali and Ali was a lackluster movie and Will Smith under delivered , also Will Smith lost to Denzel Washington that year for training day and would've lost to Russel Crowe for John Nash if Denzel hadn't won , so in other words he did not even have the strongest performance in that category that year.

The Malcolm X lost by Denzel you have a point , but they had to give Al Pacino (A women's Scent) a semi pity Oscar coz of the 70s/80s snubs and Denzel had already won in 1990 for Support Role in Glory , so yes there was politics there, but Clint Eastwood was nominated for Unforgiven and Stephen Rea for the Crying game so it was still gonna be close.

Nate Parker did not deserve a best actor nom and i will repeat that.

Also to say the NAACP awards are better is just making yourself feel better because it only caters for one ethnic group specifically so No.

I would say Jamie Foxx as Ray was "assertive"
    Forrest Whitaker as Idi Amin was "assertive"
    Louise Gosset Jr as Sergeant Foley was "assertive"
    Morgan Freeman as Eddie Dupris was "assertive"
    Denzel as Private Trip was "assertive"

If Denzel would have won best male actor (which i think he deserved although Casey Affleck did his thing) y'all would be mad he was a angry deadbeat type father who cheated on his black wife and created some conspiracies about that.

I really don't think there is any way of making you dudes happy because if you check all the black nominees through out the academies' their character backgrounds were pretty eclectic and like it or not most of the time they have lost to just better performances by other actors in those years if you check who the competition was. Heck Leonardo Dicaprio can attest to just not being nice enough every other time he had lost before last year.

• ThaNubianGod
    ThaNubianGod Members Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kwan Dai wrote: »

? you.

Are you suggesting that Blacks should adopt this line thinking because, our American\Eurocentric majority says so? Are you suggesting that Black culture is antiquated therefore inferior to white culture because there is still a strong of Blacks across the diaspora who refuse to get behind the publicizing of this particular life style?

The attacks may not be personal. However, there is plenty of history that suggests white do not have our collective best interest in mind even when it appears as though they mean well.

This is exactly where they're taking us. Don't have a problem with ? and especially lesbians, but people have to be blind to not see the agendas being pushed on Black America.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    edited February 2017
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

? you.

Yo, this post is funny as ? to me.
  • JokerzWyld
    JokerzWyld Members Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Moonlight wasn't an impressive film to me. I couldn't care less about the homosexuality in the film. It felt fake. The dialogue was sparse to the point of being non existent. The script was weak. The quality of the actors couldn't compensate for that weakness IMO.

Manchester was an average film with no character development. Casey Affleck's range as an actor in that film was inferior compared to Denzel & Viola in Fences, and Emma Stone in La La Land.

Birth of a Nation being snubbed was clearly political and very disgraceful, even for the academy. It was a strong film with strong actors, a strong plot, etc. Hidden Figures was decent but the drama seemed contrived in an unrealistic way to bolster a feminist position. Fences was most deserving of Best Picture in that category with the films included. I'm not surprised it lost though; when has the academy ever gotten it right?

No i really disagree on Fences ,it still looked like alot like a stage play. It had Great dialogue and performances (from Denzel and Viola) but was not the best picture , nowhere near.

Moonlight deserves best picture the cinematography, the colors used ,the grit , it felt like that part of miami and had better use of music and nuance. Also three different actors playing the same person at three different stages in their lives and all performance being that on point , if you cant appreciate that direction or the themes then you dont like or understand cinema.

Moreover how is hidden figures a feminist position movie when its actually a true story that needed exposure and telling?

Birth of a Nation had amateur directing and editing, the story was not well told.

12 Years a Slave
    The King's Speech
    No Country for Old Men
    Slumdog Millionaire
    The Departed
    Million Dollar Baby
    A Beautiful Mind
    Gladiator
    American Beauty

Fences was designed to look like a play. However, would that be any different than Birdman.

Moonlight was no different than Pariah to me, and as far as the time skips, Boyhood was more revolutionary.

I felt like Hidden Figures was pushing the feminist agenda by showing black men discouraging the characters from reaching their goals. I felt that was contrived because none of those men ever stopped those women from pursuing their careers. The film began with them already working for NASA. So obviously they weren't in the way of black women's progress to the extent that Taraji's character accused Mahershala's character of doing.

The TS is making a point here that strong, assertive black male characters are excluded from Oscar wins. With that point in mind Will Smith lost for Ali, Denzel Lost for Malcolm X, and Nate Parker wasn't even nominated. At this point there is nothing more to discuss.

It was not designed to look like a play dude don't kid yourself , it was supposed to be adapted for Film , and also by that argument it does not deserve best picture because it did not translate best to film. Birdman was not a shot the same was as Fences and is not a play adaptation , its a movie about the theatre there is a difference there.

Will Smith was nominated for Ali and Ali was a lackluster movie and Will Smith under delivered , also Will Smith lost to Denzel Washington that year for training day and would've lost to Russel Crowe for John Nash if Denzel hadn't won , so in other words he did not even have the strongest performance in that category that year.

The Malcolm X lost by Denzel you have a point , but they had to give Al Pacino (A women's Scent) a semi pity Oscar coz of the 70s/80s snubs and Denzel had already won in 1990 for Support Role in Glory , so yes there was politics there, but Clint Eastwood was nominated for Unforgiven and Stephen Rea for the Crying game so it was still gonna be close.

Nate Parker did not deserve a best actor nom and i will repeat that.

Also to say the NAACP awards are better is just making yourself feel better because it only caters for one ethnic group specifically so No.

I would say Jamie Foxx as Ray was "assertive"
    Forrest Whitaker as Idi Amin was "assertive"
    Louise Gosset Jr as Sergeant Foley was "assertive"
    Morgan Freeman as Eddie Dupris was "assertive"
    Denzel as Private Trip was "assertive"

If Denzel would have won best male actor (which i think he deserved although Casey Affleck did his thing) y'all would be mad he was a angry deadbeat type father who cheated on his black wife and created some conspiracies about that.

I really don't think there is any way of making you dudes happy because if you check all the black nominees through out the academies' their character backgrounds were pretty eclectic and like it or not most of the time they have lost to just better performances by other actors in those years if you check who the competition was. Heck Leonardo Dicaprio can attest to just not being nice enough every other time he had lost before last year.

You're entitled to your opinion.
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

12 Years a Slave
    The King's Speech
    No Country for Old Men
    Slumdog Millionaire
    The Departed
    Million Dollar Baby
    A Beautiful Mind
    Gladiator
    American Beauty

this is cold blooded
  • blue_london
    Options
    Copper wrote: »

Wich ones?

The removal of the coloured bathroom sign.

Costner character helping her watch the launch - when in fact she watched it on Tv from a desk
  • Stomp Johnson
    Stomp Johnson Members, Writer Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TheGOAT wrote: »
    blznlx954nnh.jpg

Yall see my boo last night :love:

Speakin of a hidden figure, gotdamn.
  • luke1733
    luke1733 Members Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So black people complain about not being included in the Ashkennazi's function last year. So I guess this year, those hella sarcastic tacist white supremacists were like, "Since the ? were ? ' complain' and cryin' about the lack of inclusion at the Academy Awards, we'll include them while paying homage to ourselves all at the sametime. It's very insulting, demeaning and degrading that the Best Picture Oscar was given to a film about an emasculated ? ass black male. The Birth Of A Nation got a standing ovation at the Toronto Film Festival and broke a record for a film being sold at Sundown, however when the film (with powerful images of black fighting for his freedom and killing white people,) was allowed to be killed by feminists, some of race trading ? were black. However, a movie about a ? ' ? that includes a scene of the ? getting a ? by another ? receives all kinds of praise and accolades all at the expense of black male masculinity. ? is ? up.

Spot on. Can't see them giving that award by accident. On another point, it KILLS me to see us still being thankful to an award show and industry that constantly says ? blacks over and over and over and over and over and over and over. Then we get the award crying and saying Thank you, but if ESSENCE had an award that same person might not even show up and just call in.
    I rarely ever speak negative on my people, but that one gets to me. ? the Oscars, ? the Grammy's ? anyone to Death with a sick ? who does everything within their power to advertise and voice their hatred towards Blacks and then turns around and uses us for ratings or profit AND then we get up and say thank you with a speech thanking ? .
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Max. wrote: »
    BOTN was average

*Didnt watch the ? movie*

with some hiphop(wearing dresses) and hollywood(blk ? & weak characters) i see what ur saying

...says he didn't watch the ? movie, but knows "Botn" were average.
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    dwade206 wrote: »
    BOTN was average

with some hiphop(wearing dresses) and hollywood(blk ? & weak characters) i see what ur saying

Botn (typo) =Birth of a nation was average u flaming ?

I bet u tried out for the ? role in moonlight
  • JokerzWyld
    JokerzWyld Members Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    luke1733 wrote: »
    So black people complain about not being included in the Ashkennazi's function last year. So I guess this year, those hella sarcastic tacist white supremacists were like, "Since the ? were ? ' complain' and cryin' about the lack of inclusion at the Academy Awards, we'll include them while paying homage to ourselves all at the sametime. It's very insulting, demeaning and degrading that the Best Picture Oscar was given to a film about an emasculated ? ass black male. The Birth Of A Nation got a standing ovation at the Toronto Film Festival and broke a record for a film being sold at Sundown, however when the film (with powerful images of black fighting for his freedom and killing white people,) was allowed to be killed by feminists, some of race trading ? were black. However, a movie about a ? ' ? that includes a scene of the ? getting a ? by another ? receives all kinds of praise and accolades all at the expense of black male masculinity. ? is ? up.

Spot on. Can't see them giving that award by accident. On another point, it KILLS me to see us still being thankful to an award show and industry that constantly says ? blacks over and over and over and over and over and over and over. Then we get the award crying and saying Thank you, but if ESSENCE had an award that same person might not even show up and just call in.
    I rarely ever speak negative on my people, but that one gets to me. ? the Oscars, ? the Grammy's ? anyone to Death with a sick ? who does everything within their power to advertise and voice their hatred towards Blacks and then turns around and uses us for ratings or profit AND then we get up and say thank you with a speech thanking ? .

This is ill, sir
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    dwade206 wrote: »
    BOTN was average

Botn (typo) =Birth of a nation was average u flaming ?

I bet u tried out for the ? role in moonlight

Moonlight watching ass half ?
  • deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »
    How is a paranoid hotep ? a valid criticism when it's been proven over centuries there's been an agenda against black men/people in this country

Idc either way, didn't watch, don't care who won/didn't

? hated the movie as soon as they realized what it was about
    that wasn't an agenda
    some of y'all just hate ?

I don't hate the ? , I'm just disgusted by the ? agenda.........which is to normalize deviant behavior and make it acceptable to the masses by slipping tidbits of it in every aspect of entertainment.

Biggest problem I have isn't necessarily with the movie itself........it's with the fact that the Hollywood establishment wouldn't have embraced it without the ? angle.

It would've just been looked at as another hood movie.

Basically, on the surface it seems like they're embracing black culture........when in fact they're actually embracing the emasculation of black men.

Blatant hypocrisy and subtle racism.
  • deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Kat wrote: »
    But Denzel got ? AGAIN

did viola win for all that snot she put out?

She sure did and she deserved it..I was feeling her pain in Fences.

@Kat

Tell us more about how much you felt her pain Kathryn.

pv7vckgmna7x.jpg

@peeny_wally2