LeBron James: I'm Addicted To The Process of Being Great...

Options

Comments

• TayGettem
    TayGettem Members Posts: 6,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Really? he said that canned ass speech to his wife?

"Because the journey im on....."

He used the word journey?

When was the last time you actually used the word "journey" out loud?

Maybe cuz u ain't on no journey there's a big difference between a job and living out ya dreams
  • Go figure
    Go figure Guests, Members, Confirm Email, Writer Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Couldnt drake take a couple years off since hes doing so well and all over the radio?

Yea...but why would he?

When youre at the top of YOUR game and THE game u have to milk it as much as u can bc u never know what happens.

Also musically, Jay and Kanye up there in age but can still be on hits n continue to make new money off that.

Once an athlete hits a certain age no amount of talent can keep them going.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    Iuno about music being tougher than sports. @jono Sports is way more political than music. Rappers are themselves off and on camera, but in sports entertainment, saying the wrong thing, wearing the wrong thing, Choosing the wrong team, injuries, etc can radically change your value to the league overnight. In music all it takes is one hit record to make you. It's easier imo. Lebron is an outlier compared to the other cats who fall through the cracks. Victor Cruz got dropped by the Giants despite leading them to a super bowl win (granted he got injured).

Fair enough. There are always injuries and things like that but I'm talking about barring injuries or getting cancer, all an athlete really has to do is stay in shape and produce. You do have the politics of athletics especially when you're at LeBron's level but radio stations can blackball ? forever. industry execs can refuse to drop albums all of this is done in silence. There have been rappers who buzz died because the label shelved them for reasons the artist doesn't even know.
    Sion wrote: »
    jono wrote: »
    blackrain wrote: »
    To me LeBron sounds more selfish than Future.
    LeBron got 100 mil out of high school, he hasn't had to hustle in years. He's talking about a personal desire/goal versus his family and putting his family second.

They are also in different industries. The music industry is far more fickle than sports. Future could have been a one-hit wonder, if he disappears for 9 months people might forget he ever existed. Sports is isn't the same.

This isn't saying LeBron doesn't have to work hard to maintain what he has but he got a lot upfront, he began with a head start. Future might have kids all over the place and thus nobody takes him seriously as a family man but LeBron ain't really about his family either...if "being the best" is more important.

And sports ain't fickle either? How many retired athletes out here filing bankruptcy because they blew through their money? Did he not come up out the projects and witnessed the same pitfalls that derail Alot of young talented people? Chasing that personal goal is why his family is set up for generations to come now. It's selfish by definition but the main difference is the way he goes about acknowledging how his personal pursuits may affect his family and how the onus is on him to make sure the scales don't tip too far in one direction and if they do correct it. Sometimes people, especially in a relationship, just want simple acknkowledgment for what they have to deal with and that's enough for most people. Especially those that have seen you rise from nothing to having everything

You didn't disagree. You massaging it. LeBron can take 4-5 years off and be fine, Future cant do that and most athletes period cant do that. Its a different standard.

All it takes is one sports injury to end LeBron's career, Just because he has a lot of money don't mean he should be content and quit.

If his career ends he'll still be one of the best players of all time, still have won championships, still have brands and be in commercials, dude will be a cash cow post-career. LeBron is in the class of Magic, Jordan and those guys he'll be on Wheaties boxes for the rest of his life if he wants to.

Now we can say, poor financial decisions can bring him down but that's with anyone. Just like injuries can happen to anyone...ask D.O.C.
  • jono
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Go figure wrote: »
    Couldnt drake take a couple years off since hes doing so well and all over the radio?

Yea...but why would he?

When youre at the top of YOUR game and THE game u have to milk it as much as u can bc u never know what happens.

Also musically, Jay and Kanye up there in age but can still be on hits n continue to make new money off that.

Once an athlete hits a certain age no amount of talent can keep them going.

Great point about the age thing...
    I didn't think of that. Sports and rap are the only two industries where a ? can be washed up at 24
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    about time ? not one sided

talk that ? @jono

yo old contrarian ass..
    shuddup ? ..

that ? aint make no sense..
    especially considering who we talkin about..
  • b'mer...
    b'mer... Members Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn! I wanted brandon marshall on my squad but ge went to the team we cant beat in the bug game...smh. oh well! Giants vs pats. #BRADY
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Copper wrote: »
    Wanting to be great at what you do is selfish?

Having 9 kids from 12 bed wenches isn't?

How does he have more wenches than kids fam?
  • TayGettem
    edited March 2017
    Options

Wanting to be great at what you is selfish when your kids come second.

Im sorry yall but LeBron's Ash Ketchum "I wanna be the very best, like no one ever was..." story is selfish. What should be more important than his family? Hooping? The ? already got everything an athlete could want from shoes, to commercials, all kinds of branding but dude chasing an imaginary brass ring.

To me, a lot of yall caught up in image and not looking at things honestly.

im not saying LeBron is a bad guy either, but I am saying that if you compare his situation and statement to Future's situation and statement LeBron is more selfish. Future hustling because the self-life of a rapper is shorter than the career of a ball player. Rappers make less money and work more often, which means Future has to move around more.

Is Future a scumbag? Yes. Theres no debate but his kids have nothing if he don't travel to work and perform. LeBron can retire today and be good.
    '

Basketball isn't like rap now a days anybody can be a rapper and they don't strive to be the best just wanna make money off it like a hustle.
    But most those ? in the NBA strive to be the best and the ones that are the best spend hella time trying to be the best. There was a story on kobe how he was in the gym shooting from like 8pm to 9am one time that's called dedication.
    Meanwhile u got ? like future and thug who make a b.s track in 20 mins or make 5 b.s tracks in a hr and call it a day
    ? completely different
    9 times out of 10 if u in the NBA u deserve to be there and worked for it most ya life
    Now a days ? just start rapping cuz they can or get one hit and there on
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options
    LBJ have away and HOME games.

I'm pretty sure he sees his kids mutiple times a week. I mean they all leave in the same house and LBJ has a court built on his property.

Plus him and his sons share a common interest.

One dude can take his family with him when he travel if they don't have school and ? . Hell I seen LBJ family at plenty games.

The other one can't.
  • fuc_i_look_like
    fuc_i_look_like Members Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "is Future a scumbag?" "yes"

lol...
  • leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TayGettem wrote: »

Maybe cuz u ain't on no journey there's a big difference between a job and living out ya dreams

You sure about that?
  • jono
    Options

Im sorry yall but LeBron's Ash Ketchum "I wanna be the very best, like no one ever was..." story is selfish. What should be more important than his family? Hooping? The ? already got everything an athlete could want from shoes, to commercials, all kinds of branding but dude chasing an imaginary brass ring.

im not saying LeBron is a bad guy either, but I am saying that if you compare his situation and statement to Future's situation and statement LeBron is more selfish. Future hustling because the self-life of a rapper is shorter than the career of a ball player. Rappers make less money and work more often, which means Future has to move around more.

Is Future a scumbag? Yes. Theres no debate but his kids have nothing if he don't travel to work and perform. LeBron can retire today and be good.
    '

Basketball isn't like rap now a days anybody can be a rapper and they don't strive to be the best just wanna make money off it like a hustle.
    But most those ? in the NBA strive to be the best and the ones that are the best spend hella time trying to be the best. There was a story on kobe how he was in the gym shooting from like 8pm to 9am one time that's called dedication.
    Meanwhile u got ? like future and thug who make a b.s track in 20 mins or make 5 b.s tracks in a hr and call it a day
    ? completely different
    9 times out of 10 if u in the NBA u deserve to be there and worked for it most ya life
    Now a days ? just start rapping cuz they can or get one hit and there on

I agree, it's easier to be rapper but because its so easy there's more competition, which is why I sympathize with Future's argument more.

His lane could be gone in a few months due to no fault of his own. He's not at that point of his career where he can chill.
  • TayGettem
    edited March 2017
    Options

You sure about that?

Yes your dream/career can only become ya job if u lose the love u had for it

A job is something u don't love to do u just make money off it

If u love to cook and become a chef then u living out ya dream versus loving to cook and working at Burger King flippin burgers
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

lol...

Word, what's this about ?

? is like it's a solid proven fact.

Had a discussion with a dude the other day who said Chris Brown was a bad father, so I had to ask ... "word, what he did now ?" Dude ain't really have ? to say but the same old Rhianna and the Drake ? ...

I'm like "Damn, how the ? do MFs win with y'all ? Dude is rich, and seems to love his daughter and keep her out of all the drama... and still, ? ass dudes like you talk ? . Dude probably a better father than you and the men in your family and previous generations but you talkin ? ."
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

'

Bron spends time with his kids...ive seen him.
    I dont know why you think his kids come second to him?
    Future aint hustling for his kids...according to some he never even sees them. Regardless of the carrer future has he aint spending time with his kids
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Money doesn't/shouldn't be your main motivation
  • leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options

You sure about that?

Yes your dream/career can only become ya job if u lose the love u had for it

A job is something u don't love to do u just make money off it

If u love to cook and become a chef then u living out ya dream versus loving to cook and working at Burger King flippin burgers

Fair enough. I asked you that because I wanted to see where you were coming from before responding 1 way or the other.

My point was not what he is or is not doing, my point was the answers he gave in the interview sound like ? sound bite words crafted for PR.

I don't know one ? who uses the words "journey" or "quest" or "voyage" in their everyday speaking vernacular.

I know ppl who write like that, but they don't actually talk like that.

• Chi Snow
    Chi Snow Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 28,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I have no problem with what either of them said *shrugs*
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    for them both to come from nothing....who would be OK with having "enough"

what's considered enough? to whos standard?

there will always be a sacrifice in a family that's going up.

building is harder that doing nothing or just enough.

we can ? on future for having a small village...saying he don't see his kids cause he got to many....its ? with one kid who don't see them cause he always working.

I respect lebron cuz he wants to build until he can't. but what he saying is bs. but then again maybe not...no telling how he missed his wife and kids.

I respect them both....but only they know how they feel about they kids.

we only see the games. videos. groupies,

we don't know what's really going on.
  • CapitalB
    Options
    for them both to come from nothing....who would be OK with having "enough"

what's considered enough? to whos standard?

there will always be a sacrifice in a family that's going up.

building is harder that doing nothing or just enough.

we can ? on future for having a small village...saying he don't see his kids cause he got to many....its ? with one kid who don't see them cause he always working.

I respect lebron cuz he wants to build until he can't. but what he saying is bs. but then again maybe not...no telling how he missed his wife and kids.

I respect them both....but only they know how they feel about they kids.

we only see the games. videos. groupies,

we don't know what's really going on.

thats better. haha
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    7figz wrote: »
    I think it's petty to make a big deal out of what either of them said.

Easier to take shots at Future because it's not your typical family picture, and because he's a rapper and MFs love to think the worst about rappers.

In any event, people talkin a whole lot of unnecessary ? - mind your business.

Because people think the best about black athletes
  • blackrain
    Options

'

You're very much overestimating the average career of a pro athlete
  • blackrain
    Options

lol...

Had a discussion with a dude the other day who said Chris Brown was a bad father, so I had to ask ... "word, what he did now ?" Dude ain't really have ? to say but the same old Rhianna and the Drake ? ...

I'm like "Damn, how the ? do MFs win with y'all ? Dude is rich, and seems to love his daughter and keep her out of all the drama... and still, ? ass dudes like you talk ? . Dude probably a better father than you and the men in your family and previous generations but you talkin ? ."

It's not hard at all to come up with reasons Chris Brown ain't the best father. Reason number one would be the constant ? he seems to find himself in. @BOSSExcellence said it the other day. When he had his daughter it kicked in to avoid drama and limit the risks he found himself in. Meanwhile every other week Chris Brown making ? videos on social media cussing people out, talking about fighting, restraining orders being put on him...those ain't the things most would associate with qualities of a good parent
  • CapitalB
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »

lol...

It's not hard at all to come up with reasons Chris Brown ain't the best father. Reason number one would be the constant ? he seems to find himself in. @BOSSExcellence said it the other day. When he had his daughter it kicked in to avoid drama and limit the risks he found himself in. Meanwhile every other week Chris Brown making ? videos on social media cussing people out, talking about fighting, restraining orders being put on him...those ain't the things most would associate with qualities of a good parent

aye cuhz..
    stop tryin to paint me as all responsible and adult like and ? ..

leave me out this ? ! hahahaha