LeBron James: I'm Addicted To The Process of Being Great...

Options

Comments

• 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Beta wrote: »
    LeBron is there for his kids though....just can't be there for EVERYTHING

Check any 90s movie where the kid plays a sport and the dad was working so he kept missing his ? so he makes some stupid ass wish that comes true.

Future I'm sure doesn't see certain kids for months on top of months

I took this as LeBron saying, I'm sorry if i don't give you my wife and the kids as much attention as i could because I'm trying to be the GOAT

Future was like "I'm a rapper so y'all gotta deal with me not being around"

? everyone aint articulate.
    so lebron can go hard to build but future can't cause he didn't use the words to make his hustle legit?
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    7figz wrote: »
    "is Future a scumbag?" "yes"

lol...

Word, what's this about ?

? is like it's a solid proven fact.

Had a discussion with a dude the other day who said Chris Brown was a bad father, so I had to ask ... "word, what he did now ?" Dude ain't really have ? to say but the same old Rhianna and the Drake ? ...

I'm like "Damn, how the ? do MFs win with y'all ? Dude is rich, and seems to love his daughter and keep her out of all the drama... and still, ? ass dudes like you talk ? . Dude probably a better father than you and the men in your family and previous generations but you talkin ? ."

It's not hard at all to come up with reasons Chris Brown ain't the best father. Reason number one would be the constant ? he seems to find himself in. @BOSSExcellence said it the other day. When he had his daughter it kicked in to avoid drama and limit the risks he found himself in. Meanwhile every other week Chris Brown making ? videos on social media cussing people out, talking about fighting, restraining orders being put on him...those ain't the things most would associate with qualities of a good parent

yea but bosd also said he had a man in the house who was taking care of business while his mom held them down.

so he had a blueprint.

Chris might be doing the best he knows how to do with what he had... no dad, no father figure, millions at a young age with no one telling him no.

no saying he's a good pah ....but sometimes you ? need to cut ? some slack.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options

lol...

Had a discussion with a dude the other day who said Chris Brown was a bad father, so I had to ask ... "word, what he did now ?" Dude ain't really have ? to say but the same old Rhianna and the Drake ? ...

I'm like "Damn, how the ? do MFs win with y'all ? Dude is rich, and seems to love his daughter and keep her out of all the drama... and still, ? ass dudes like you talk ? . Dude probably a better father than you and the men in your family and previous generations but you talkin ? ."

It's not hard at all to come up with reasons Chris Brown ain't the best father. Reason number one would be the constant ? he seems to find himself in. @BOSSExcellence said it the other day. When he had his daughter it kicked in to avoid drama and limit the risks he found himself in. Meanwhile every other week Chris Brown making ? videos on social media cussing people out, talking about fighting, restraining orders being put on him...those ain't the things most would associate with qualities of a good parent

aye cuhz..
    stop tryin to paint me as all responsible and adult like and ? ..

leave me out this ? ! hahahaha

yea you right...

? , you ain't ?
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options

lol...

yea but bosd also said he had a man in the house who was taking care of business while his mom held them down.

so he had a blueprint.

Chris might be doing the best he knows how to do with what he had... no dad, no father figure, millions at a young age with no one telling him no.

At a certain age though you know right from wrong...and in your mid 20's you know how to conduct yourself. It's only but so many times you can use the "He didn't know any better" excuse. This the same ? who fake broke down in tears on live tv talking about "I promise to do better" only to end up in more and more ? afterwards. He knows better, he just chooses not to do better
  • blackrain
    Options

Check any 90s movie where the kid plays a sport and the dad was working so he kept missing his ? so he makes some stupid ass wish that comes true.

I took this as LeBron saying, I'm sorry if i don't give you my wife and the kids as much attention as i could because I'm trying to be the GOAT

so lebron can go hard to build but future can't cause he didn't use the words to make his hustle legit?

They both can go hard...but you also can't fault people for interpreting your words a certain way based on the words you choose to use.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options

They both can go hard...but you also can't fault people for interpreting your words a certain way based on the words you choose to use.

actions speak louder than words...

that ? that took all them people to Guyana an had them drink the koolaid could talk the talk...

so could that ? in Waco

an that ? Manson.

• 2stepz_ahead
    Options

lol...

so he had a blueprint.

At a certain age though you know right from wrong...and in your mid 20's you know how to conduct yourself. It's only but so many times you can use the "He didn't know any better" excuse. This the same ? who fake broke down in tears on live tv talking about "I promise to do better" only to end up in more and more ? afterwards. He knows better, he just chooses not to do better

you are right...but just because someone is a fukked up adult don't mean they dint cherish the only pure thing they have in this world.

plenty if aunt ? ? still walk they kids to school an read bedtime stories
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options

lol...

But does it equate to being a bad father ?

Also it's not necessarily relevant to him being a father. Some of it ain't even ? you could fault him for.

Beefin on twitter - with MFs who start ? with him ? Soulja Boy / Drake / Game ?
    Karreuche filing a restraining order from some outdated ? - that doesn't even have to be true ?

The dude I was debating this ? with even tried to bring up that he got a paternity test, as one of the reasons why he was a bad father... smh, so getting a paternity test is supposed to make a man a bad father - the ? .

In any event, for somebody making this argument, I'm expecting them to come with some ? that directly involves his parenting, not some arbitrary ? that doesn't even necessarily have to do with him being a father, or ? that's par for the course in being young, Black, a hip-hop, artist, etc.

He's probably a "better father" than the MFs talking ? .

To each his own tho, I'm not on that finger-pointing unrealistic ? .

• blackrain
    Options

lol...

Also it's not necessarily relevant to him being a father. Some of it ain't even ? you could fault him for.

Karreuche filing a restraining order from some outdated ? - that doesn't even have to be true ?

The dude I was debating this ? with even tried to bring up that he got a paternity test, as one of the reasons why he was a bad father... smh, so getting a paternity test is supposed to make a man a bad father - the ? .

In any event, for somebody making this argument, I'm expecting them to come with some ? that directly involves his parenting, not some arbitrary ? that doesn't even necessarily have to do with him being a father, or ? that's par for the course in being young, Black, a hip-hop, artist, etc.

Being a ? person does affect your ability to be a good parent though. There's really no separating the 2 at a certain point because who you are influences who your child will grow into. You think at a certain point his child won't become aware of how their father acts, the things he's constantly getting into and what his name is associated with? All the petty beef ? , he also has the option to ignore it and not respond to those ? . Nobody said he had to hop on twitter/instagram and make videos responding back to Soulja Boy...nobody said he had to carry on a years long beef with Drake over a woman he's not even with and hasn't been for years. Nobody said he had to hop out and make a video talking about how he basically stalks women he's been with and won't ever let them move on. All those are his bad decisions.
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn yall ride futures ? around these parts
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options

lol...

Being a ? person does affect your ability to be a good parent though. There's really no separating the 2 at a certain point because who you are influences who your child will grow into. You think at a certain point his child won't become aware of how their father acts, the things he's constantly getting into and what his name is associated with? All the petty beef ? , he also has the option to ignore it and not respond to those ? . Nobody said he had to hop on twitter/instagram and make videos responding back to Soulja Boy...nobody said he had to carry on a years long beef with Drake over a woman he's not even with and hasn't been for years. Nobody said he had to hop out and make a video talking about how he basically stalks women he's been with and won't ever let them move on. All those are his bad decisions.

nah, one has nothing on the other.

all the stuff you mention basically comes with the territory. not saying you have to be an ass cuase you got fame but how many people can get out of that bubble unscathed? outside of the rihanna ? , can you really say his ? is not apart of a misguided youngin? while he dies do alot of ? , it's plenty other ? about other people we don't know about cuz they have people to deflect and deny. case an point...Bobby an Whitney. who got the bad press? who introduced who to what drug?who kept the kid? what addiction did the kid get and who was blamed for it? but who was the kid with again? an who did the kid hate?

so we see what we see, don't mean that's what it is.
  • blackrain
    Options

lol...

nah, one has nothing on the other.

all the stuff you mention basically comes with the territory. not saying you have to be an ass cuase you got fame but how many people can get out of that bubble unscathed? outside of the rihanna ? , can you really say his ? is not apart of a misguided youngin? while he dies do alot of ? , it's plenty other ? about other people we don't know about cuz they have people to deflect and deny. case an point...Bobby an Whitney. who got the bad press? who introduced who to what drug?who kept the kid? what addiction did the kid get and who was blamed for it? but who was the kid with again? an who did the kid hate?

so we see what we see, don't mean that's what it is.

The conversation ain't about other people though. This "Well because this person did it and nobody said anything means someone else should be able to not be criticized too" argument that some of ya'll bring up is just dumb. That don't make some ? not wrong or stupid to do. It just means the criticism needs to be extended to the other person not that someone should be absolved of it. He's too old to be using the misguided youngin excuse. He's a grown man who needs to be treated like one
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? everyone is "selfish" then... ? average joe has to work his/her ass off.. the school/daycares/grandmas// and friends see their kids more than them.. thats not selfish unfortunately thats the grind of life..... If you put solid ground under your children's feet you are being responsible whether you are flippin burgers, picking up trash.. driving trucks.. accounting.. IT work.. or a professional athlete. whatever you are losing valuable time o yourself an your fam.. that just happens on your 8 hr a day jobs.. some peoples job require more.. some people are forced to work more.... It shouldnt be that way but it its.. its called providing..

Lol at comparing some rapper to Lebron..
  • felliwonda
    felliwonda Members Posts: 416 ✭✭✭
    Options
    All it takes is one sports injury to end LeBron's career, Just because he has a lot of money don't mean he should be content and quit.
    [/quote]

Exactly! More often than not sports fans but since the topic involves a rapper(entertainer) also music fans long to see greatness. Tupac(rapper), Bob Marley(musician), Michael Jackson (musician) all greats. Michael Jordan (basketball player),Pele(still revered he king of soccer),Bill Russel( basketball player). The list can go on and on... these afore mentioned are considered greats in their respective proffesions. The question will forever remain, what did their greatness consist of???
    Lebron James stated he wants to leave a mark as well he wants to be remembered for his accomplishements in the basketball world. We all can agree Lebron has made a lot of money from his proffesion I'd like to give that credit to him and his good friend and agent who have clearly made good business moves and also sacrificed (invested) money "for greatness" purposes.
    Never did Lebron James mention the fact that he needs to continue getting money and or getting more money to feed his kids and blah blah blah... No the man apologized to his Queen because he says that often he sees himself fading away into the obsession of wanting this greatness so much so that he forgets his place as a family man. I think this is one more reason to accredit this young man in 2017. His plan is to become the best that ever did it and the argument will be another one if he will be better than... (Fill in the blank) the truth is he wants to feel complete by leaving a legacy within the game. Why should he settle for what he has so far because "he is good" financially? That was not his point. And for the most part the guy is a stand up guy. Try for yourself to be Lebron James and go from nothing to having the beautiful family he has and the amount of weight being the top player in the NBA/business entrepreneur/ family man.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    felliwonda wrote: »
    All it takes is one sports injury to end LeBron's career, Just because he has a lot of money don't mean he should be content and quit.

Exactly! More often than not sports fans but since the topic involves a rapper(entertainer) also music fans long to see greatness. Tupac(rapper), Bob Marley(musician), Michael Jackson (musician) all greats. Michael Jordan (basketball player),Pele(still revered he king of soccer),Bill Russel( basketball player). The list can go on and on... these afore mentioned are considered greats in their respective proffesions. The question will forever remain, what did their greatness consist of???
    Lebron James stated he wants to leave a mark as well he wants to be remembered for his accomplishements in the basketball world. We all can agree Lebron has made a lot of money from his proffesion I'd like to give that credit to him and his good friend and agent who have clearly made good business moves and also sacrificed (invested) money "for greatness" purposes.
    Never did Lebron James mention the fact that he needs to continue getting money and or getting more money to feed his kids and blah blah blah... No the man apologized to his Queen because he says that often he sees himself fading away into the obsession of wanting this greatness so much so that he forgets his place as a family man. I think this is one more reason to accredit this young man in 2017. His plan is to become the best that ever did it and the argument will be another one if he will be better than... (Fill in the blank) the truth is he wants to feel complete by leaving a legacy within the game. Why should he settle for what he has so far because "he is good" financially? That was not his point. And for the most part the guy is a stand up guy. Try for yourself to be Lebron James and go from nothing to having the beautiful family he has and the amount of weight being the top player in the NBA/business entrepreneur/ family man.
    [/quote]

i have....not to the money he has....but the ? ain't no cake walk
  • Shuffington
    Shuffington Members Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Sounds like Lebron is coming from a place of humility,
    while future is coming from a place of arrogance.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options

how are you so sure?
  • felliwonda
    felliwonda Members Posts: 416 ✭✭✭
    Options
    i have....not to the money he has....but the ? ain't no cake walk[/quote]

Yeah I agree with that. I don't debate on wether future is right or Lebron is right about this topic. In fact I think only they themselves know what is really right so I wouldn't judge a guy like future or Lebron. Thing is, from what Lebron was quoted saying, I think he is coming from a good place and future might be too. "We can't block the sun with one finger" so I understand not everyone will agree with future or Lebron I think is difficult for both of them. LBJ though I consider him a great example in and out the court for this generation. Future I can't say much about him cause I don't really follow him you know.
  • Shuffington
    edited March 2017
    Options

how are you so sure?

I think Future said something to the liking of "My kids gotta understand, My kids gotta sacrifice"...
    Where as Lebron started off his statement with an apology. Its as if he knows that the process to greatness can be a grueling journey for everyone involved. His empathy can come off as humility.

Future's statement sounds apathetic as f*ck.
    ..on some........ "Hey" .... "deal Wit It".

thats just me tho.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options

how are you so sure?

I think Future said something to the liking of "My kids gotta understand, My kids gotta sacrifice"...
    Where as Lebron started off his statement with an apology. Its as if he knows that the process to greatness can be a grueling journey for everyone involved. His empathy can come off as humility.

thats just me tho.

so a man coming home saying "i fukked another chick deal with it"

and man coming home saying "babe, i apologize i fukked up. i need help"

sounds the same to me, just one keeping it real and the other is adding more fluff
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

how are you so sure?

thats just me tho.

sounds the same to me, just one keeping it real and the other is adding more fluff

Terrible analogy
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options

how are you so sure?

thats just me tho.

Terrible analogy

? that ? GOAT

you wanna fight?
  • Shuffington
    Options
    Yeah, sorry man
    thats a terrible analogy ...lol