Feminist Now Trying to Come After King Kendrick!!!

Options

Comments

• fortyacres
    fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,479 Regulator
    Options
    yeah they can all ? off
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    Damn if u do damn if u don't
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Options
    This is a battle people chose.. word there are like 500 other songsthat chicks are shaking their ? to or co-opting the negative/skewed portrayals of women and mainstreaming those labels....
  • Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I've been saying for years I don't like all that extra ? females do to try to make themselves look just a tad bit better.

You can't say you have a preference for one thing without alienating someone or something, Kendrick simply said he did not like all that extra ish that's all.

I hear women say all the time they won't fool with this type of guy or that type of guy. They basically doing the same thing by saying that which is alienating a group of men or another.

Everyone has their own set of preferences and the man shouldn't be chastise for that. Just my imo though.
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    is there a such thing as latina feminists?

Yes. And they are called latinx. This is not a joke.
  • Will Munny
    Options
    twenty2 wrote: »
    "Free women from the male gaze"?????

Nah... I'm not goin yo...

You ever seen a woman who doesn't garner ANY attention??? Be it wanted or UNwanted... I have. And let me tell you... They begin to question themselves like they got a split personality and one side is the host and the other is the contestant on a game show.

Let a woman TRULY get NO looks from NOwhere... Broad'll be ready to jump off somethin in no time.

And just to be fair... We'll go ahead and say this applies to the entire human race.

Even UNwanted attention lets you know... "Ok...IF I gotta settle........at least I have the option to do so..."

It's almost like looks have played a role in sexual selection for the last 150k years :scream:
  • Cabana_Da_Don
    Cabana_Da_Don Members Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the only line I understood him.? was hot.
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Options
    This

• sideon1984
    sideon1984 Members Posts: 144 ✭✭
    Options

Yes they're called white feminists.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    Will Munny wrote: »

That's not where the latinx comes from...that's a whole different area.
  • Madame_CJSkywalker
    Madame_CJSkywalker Members Posts: 940 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Options
    to clarify

male gaze refers to the way the media and visual arts depict the world and women from a masculine point of view and in terms of men's attitudes

it often depicts women are objects or commodities here for male consumption which is obviously problematic...for one, it fosters a since of entitlement

or its always buy what I'm selling to get the girl or keep a man

so what I mean by "free women from the male gaze" is to challenge the aforementioned narratives

that said, everyone wants to feel wanted/everyone has their preferences.... nothing wrong with that

the issue some women have with kdot is if this was his idea of empowering "natural" women as many are saying it was, was shallow and did little to challenge these narratives

rather than just dismiss the women who do choose to wear makeup or use IG filters or go underneath the knife as 'fake' , explore why they do it and who is influencing these trends

also you shouldn't or even have to shame one group of women to uplift another, especially when it comes to aesthetics

and I see the irony of the situation given lira galore starred in king kunta a year or so ago has been lost on you all

but again I see how both sides of the debate are blowing things out of proportion...

at the end of the day kdot is a 28, 29 yr old man who raps, expect less....at least he us trying

everyone else, kdot isn't above criticism and this idea ppl are trying to crucify kdot is a bit over dramatic

• 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    to clarify

male gaze refers to the way the media and visual arts depict the world and women from a masculine point of view and in terms of men's attitudes

it often depicts women are objects or commodities here for male consumption which is obviously problematic...for one, it fosters a since of entitlement

so what I mean by "free women from the male gaze" is to challenge the aforementioned narratives

that said, everyone wants to feel wanted/everyone has their preferences.... nothing wrong with that

the issue some women have with kdot is if this was his idea of empowering "natural" women as many are saying it was, was shallow and did little to challenge these narratives

rather than just dismiss the women who do choose to wear makeup or use IG filters or go underneath the knife as 'fake' , explore why they do it and who is influencing these trends

also you shouldn't or even have to shame one group of women to uplift another, especially when it comes to aesthetics

and I see the irony of the situation given lira galore starred in king kunta a year or so ago has been lost on you all

but again I see how both sides of the debate are blowing things out of proportion...

at the end of the day kdot is a 28, 29 yr old man who raps, expect less....at least he us trying

everyone else, kdot isn't above criticism and this idea ppl are trying to crucify kdot is a bit over dramatic

i have met alot of women in my travels who place the value of their ? in the size engagement ring they get, or the type man they have at home or what can be provided for them while they are nothing but cute.

it won't be admitted but it's implied. ever hear " girl, what you have to do to get him?"

I heard it plenty if times

like someone else said...
    these feminist, and strong independent black women seem to forget their stance when the right guy comes along.

just had a big blow up with a childhood friend who trying this ? ...only after her divorce from a ? who took her under. but before that....nothing.

other strong black independent women dropped that ? when they found a dude with money.

what say you mama?
  • Will Munny
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »

Plutarch wrote: »
    more hypocrisy about preferences, he got 'em good, haha:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hujZqUdVGSg

@Will Munny

Yeah it's so funny I could say something to a girl about how as I've gotten older I've just gotten so much more into the personality of a girl and cool I think it is when a girls personality blows me away and it's really just not about looks anymore.

And they would say "awwww that is so cool, I think that's awesome! I wish more men were like you!"

And then I would say "sooo can I get your number?"

And they would say "sure buddy, you bet"
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »

Plutarch wrote: »
    more hypocrisy about preferences, he got 'em good, haha:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hujZqUdVGSg

@Will Munny

Yeah it's so funny I could say something to a girl about how as I've gotten older I've just gotten so much more into the personality of a girl and cool I think it is when a girls personality blows me away and it's really just not about looks anymore.

And they would say "awwww that is so cool, I think that's awesome! I wish more men were like you!"

And then I would say "sooo can I get your number?"

And they would say "sure buddy, you bet"

never ran into a chick who said " sure buddy"
  • konceptjones
    konceptjones Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    to clarify

Then go after the media for it, not Kendrick Lamar. Maybe admonish the women in media that also push this supposed "male gaze" because, clearly, those women are traitors to women everywhere... right???

Naw, y'all muhfuckas ain't gonna do that. You're going to sit there in your chairs and complain on Twitter and Tumblr taking shots at easy targets instead of doing the hard work of creating the change.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    to clarify

Then go after the media for it, not Kendrick Lamar. Maybe admonish the women in media that also push this supposed "male gaze" because, clearly, those women are traitors to women everywhere... right???

Naw, y'all muhfuckas ain't gonna do that. You're going to sit there in your chairs and complain on Twitter and Tumblr taking shots at easy targets instead of doing the hard work of creating the change.

I have said this many times....chick don't go after hoes for making them look bad...they go after dudes for seeking out easy ? .

makes no sense to me
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    deadeye wrote: »
    to clarify

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss2hULhXf04

GOAT POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So would feminist women want women in general to be portrayed from the "female gaze"?
This discussion has been closed.