Feminist Now Trying to Come After King Kendrick!!!

Options

Comments

• Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Will Munny wrote: »
    blackrain wrote: »
    Will Munny wrote: »
    is there a such thing as latina feminists?

Yes. And they are called latinx. This is not a joke.

That's not where the latinx comes from...that's a whole different area.
    Plutarch wrote: »
    more hypocrisy about preferences, he got 'em good, haha:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hujZqUdVGSg

@Will Munny

Yeah it's so funny I could say something to a girl about how as I've gotten older I've just gotten so much more into the personality of a girl and cool I think it is when a girls personality blows me away and it's really just not about looks anymore.

And they would say "awwww that is so cool, I think that's awesome! I wish more men were like you!"

And then I would say "sooo can I get your number?"

And they would say "sure buddy, you bet"

never ran into a chick who said " sure buddy"

you didn't get the joke
  • Madame_CJSkywalker
    Madame_CJSkywalker Members Posts: 940 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    to clarify

male gaze refers to the way the media and visual arts depict the world and women from a masculine point of view and in terms of men's attitudes

it often depicts women are objects or commodities here for male consumption which is obviously problematic...for one, it fosters a since of entitlement

or its always buy what I'm selling to get the girl or keep a man

so what I mean by "free women from the male gaze" is to challenge the aforementioned narratives

that said, everyone wants to feel wanted/everyone has their preferences.... nothing wrong with that

the issue some women have with kdot is if this was his idea of empowering "natural" women as many are saying it was, was shallow and did little to challenge these narratives

rather than just dismiss the women who do choose to wear makeup or use IG filters or go underneath the knife as 'fake' , explore why they do it and who is influencing these trends

also you shouldn't or even have to shame one group of women to uplift another, especially when it comes to aesthetics

and I see the irony of the situation given lira galore starred in king kunta a year or so ago has been lost on you all

but again I see how both sides of the debate are blowing things out of proportion...

at the end of the day kdot is a 28, 29 yr old man who raps, expect less....at least he us trying

everyone else, kdot isn't above criticism and this idea ppl are trying to crucify kdot is a bit over dramatic

How are you holding Kendrick accountable for what "the media" does? He's one person. He made a rap song that stated his personal preference. He didn't objectify anyone. He just stated what he wants to see. It shouldn't be seen as some crisis that one rapper likes natural women, especially when the same people who have been bashing men for having unrealistic standards are now the ones bashing him for showing appreciation for more realistic representations. It makes no sense. Feminists can't even be consistent with their ? .

he is being held accountable for his own actions, that is assuming this was an attempt to empower/salute "natural" women....which the evidence supports opposed to him just stating his personal preferences

so again see other of his videos including king kunta

he didn't have to shame one group of women to uplift another

also this isn't just a feminist critique

as a female fan of Kendrick I can see why other female fans was alil disappointed
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    to clarify

male gaze refers to the way the media and visual arts depict the world and women from a masculine point of view and in terms of men's attitudes

it often depicts women are objects or commodities here for male consumption which is obviously problematic...for one, it fosters a since of entitlement

so what I mean by "free women from the male gaze" is to challenge the aforementioned narratives

that said, everyone wants to feel wanted/everyone has their preferences.... nothing wrong with that

the issue some women have with kdot is if this was his idea of empowering "natural" women as many are saying it was, was shallow and did little to challenge these narratives

rather than just dismiss the women who do choose to wear makeup or use IG filters or go underneath the knife as 'fake' , explore why they do it and who is influencing these trends

also you shouldn't or even have to shame one group of women to uplift another, especially when it comes to aesthetics

and I see the irony of the situation given lira galore starred in king kunta a year or so ago has been lost on you all

but again I see how both sides of the debate are blowing things out of proportion...

at the end of the day kdot is a 28, 29 yr old man who raps, expect less....at least he us trying

everyone else, kdot isn't above criticism and this idea ppl are trying to crucify kdot is a bit over dramatic

How are you holding Kendrick accountable for what "the media" does? He's one person. He made a rap song that stated his personal preference. He didn't objectify anyone. He just stated what he wants to see. It shouldn't be seen as some crisis that one rapper likes natural women, especially when the same people who have been bashing men for having unrealistic standards are now the ones bashing him for showing appreciation for more realistic representations. It makes no sense. Feminists can't even be consistent with their ? .

he is being held accountable for his own actions, that is assuming this was an attempt to empower/salute "natural" women....which the evidence supports opposed to him just stating his personal preferences

as a female fan of Kendrick I can see why other female fans was alil disappointed

I haven't seen king kunta. Like I said, you really shouldn't be basing an artist's stance more on the imagery in videos than the words in the music. A lot of the time, they are just playing a role in the video and the creative control is in someone else's hands.

And you're looking at it as shaming, but if he wants to see black women embrace their natural beauty more, how can he do that without speaking out against the fake ? . Ya'll feminists seem to think men are required to accept, like, and protest every choice you make. There is no such requirement. Why is it wrong for him to speak out against the fake ? , especially, when, if you've listened to him for a while, you'll know he feels that the fake ? can have a negative effect on the psyches of women. And once again, I'll repeat, feminists have been saying that same thing for years too.
  • Like Water
    Like Water Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Options
    to clarify

We're human beings, so we're contradictory by nature. I'd ? the ? outta Lira Galore, but I wouldn't wife her thot ass. You playing like you've never contradicted yourself before; be it with your words or actions. Foh wit that ? . It's funny how you keep running back to the same well to hold water for your flimsy ass argument.

How about you try using a bowl instead of a strainer?
  • LordZuko
    LordZuko Members Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    to clarify

Just admit that feminists look for anything to go on a crusade about. There's about 30 songs in the top 100 billboard calling y'all thots eaters ? and hoes and y'all don't raise no smoke about it just go to the club and throw that ass in a circle. But the minute a ? try to say something positive y'all jump down his throat.

I can't wait for kdot to make that tupac post prison turn. Y'all went from dear mama to same hoes. Kendrick gonna be savage and y'all gon shake your heads but still shake that ass.
  • Madame_CJSkywalker
    Options
    to clarify

Then go after the media for it, not Kendrick Lamar. Maybe admonish the women in media that also push this supposed "male gaze" because, clearly, those women are traitors to women everywhere... right???

Naw, y'all muhfuckas ain't gonna do that. You're going to sit there in your chairs and complain on Twitter and Tumblr taking shots at easy targets instead of doing the hard work of creating the change.

I go after the media and other offenders as well

others do too

it's just not reported on

what about kdot? and how the hip hop industry has helped to perpetuate this culture of instant gratification and materialism

tpab is still in rotation.... but why didn't/hasn't he, a man with a giant platform, go after his peers for encouraging and rewarding these "fake" women in any substantive way

what about his past videos?

why shame one group of women to uplift another?
  • Madame_CJSkywalker
    Options
    Like Water wrote: »
    to clarify

We're human beings, so we're contradictory by nature. I'd ? the ? outta Lira Galore, but I wouldn't wife her thot ass. You playing like you've never contradicted yourself before; be it with your words or actions. Foh wit that ? . It's funny how you keep running back to the same well to hold water for your flimsy ass argument.

How about you try using a bowl instead of a strainer?

as I already stated, while it is a interesting discussion and some valid concerns/criticisms have been raised

? is being overblown

bruh is a 29 yr old rapper, he can make mistakes same as anyone else

and yes we are hypocrites at some point or another, doesn't mean we can't call each other out and try to better ourselves/others

• jetlifebih
    jetlifebih Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Still waiting on the ideal feminist mate....

Who that has walked thee earth...is worthy of an approval from feminist as being a guy who isn't a misogynist or woman hater or womanphobic??
    ??

Just one name....I need to know so I know we not lookin for unicorns or trying to become one...
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    huey wrote: »
    the ? do these ? want from a ? ?!

Ask DMX
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Keep talking that ? Kendrick
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    why my ? get over looked like I'm a lepor
  • konceptjones
    konceptjones Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    to clarify

Then go after the media for it, not Kendrick Lamar. Maybe admonish the women in media that also push this supposed "male gaze" because, clearly, those women are traitors to women everywhere... right???

Naw, y'all muhfuckas ain't gonna do that. You're going to sit there in your chairs and complain on Twitter and Tumblr taking shots at easy targets instead of doing the hard work of creating the change.

others do too

what about kdot? and how the hip hop industry has helped to perpetuate this culture of instant gratification and materialism

tpab is still in rotation.... but why didn't/hasn't he, a man with a giant platform, go after his peers for encouraging and rewarding these "fake" women in any substantive way

because some ? just needs to be handled that way, it's as simple as that...

Again, you're making the case that men are able to do what women cannot. If you're saying Kendrick needs to go after his peers, you're essentially saying that women are incapable of doing it themselves. Why do you need a man's voice to accomplish anything? Is your voice not enough?

You feminists claim women to be on the same level as men, equal to us in every way, however you cannot get men to listen to you or take you seriously and must rely on us to make the changes you want. Women are the single most powerful consumer group in the world... 70-80% of all consumer purchases come directly from, or are directly influenced by women yet you cannot rally enough support behind ANYTHING to create change through your dollars; you still need men to help you out. In areas where women make up the majority of an electorate, you overwhelmingly vote men into office even when a clearly more qualified woman is a candidate. You could easily put an end to all the perceived "harmful" imagery in videos and other media by yourselves by simply not participating in them, but yet women do it anyway and the line is long as ? to get in on that type of ? .

Address the women involved in perpetuating whatever it is you deem to be negative before coming after men. Only when you have every woman on the same page will you be able to get ? done.
  • Go figure
    Go figure Guests, Members, Confirm Email, Writer Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Options
    why didn't/hasn't he, a man with a giant platform, go after his peers for encouraging and rewarding these "fake" women in any substantive way

so to u it makes more sense to attack other men for "encouraging/rewarding" said women than it is to attack the women who actively participate and engage in those behaviors willingly?

does this question really make sense to u? if the shoe fits u should be offended...if you're not the 'fake' woman he's talking about, hes not talking to u. he isnt attacking a whole gender he's attacking a 'demographic' within.

unless i misinterpreted it sounds like you're excusing the hoe for being a hoe while attacking the man for calling her one. makes no sense.
  • Madame_CJSkywalker
    Options
    to clarify

others do too

because some ? just needs to be handled that way, it's as simple as that...

Again, you're making the case that men are able to do what women cannot. If you're saying Kendrick needs to go after his peers, you're essentially saying that women are incapable of doing it themselves. Why do you need a man's voice to accomplish anything? Is your voice not enough?

You feminists claim women to be on the same level as men, equal to us in every way, however you cannot get men to listen to you or take you seriously and must rely on us to make the changes you want. Women are the single most powerful consumer group in the world... 70-80% of all consumer purchases come directly from, or are directly influenced by women yet you cannot rally enough support behind ANYTHING to create change through your dollars; you still need men to help you out. In areas where women make up the majority of an electorate, you overwhelmingly vote men into office even when a clearly more qualified woman is a candidate. You could easily put an end to all the perceived "harmful" imagery in videos and other media by yourselves by simply not participating in them, but yet women do it anyway and the line is long as ? to get in on that type of ? .

Address the women involved in perpetuating whatever it is you deem to be negative before coming after men. Only when you have every woman on the same page will you be able to get ? done.

stawp....

praising someone or something does not require you to shame or bash another thing or person

it takes thought and a little effort but it can be done....common does this very well

why just not feature all nature women in his videos moving forward???? lol

most times actions speak louder than words

and no only is looking to Kendrick as some savoir ...he just has a big platform and he is influential from within the industry... whether or not he is a man or woman his female fans like him to use it for some good, check his male privilege and not be a part of the problem

personally i would like the support of every abled bodied individual but i digress

that said, women, men whoever is perpetuating this culture of instant gratification can get checked

unfortunately women have internalized misogyny and we didn't create this problem alone.... so to pretend like men don't play a big role is disingenuous....

and men do have a stake in the matter, especially blk men, crazy how so many of you don't see how sexism and racism work to together to do us harm
  • Madame_CJSkywalker
    Options
    Go figure wrote: »
    why didn't/hasn't he, a man with a giant platform, go after his peers for encouraging and rewarding these "fake" women in any substantive way

so to u it makes more sense to attack other men for "encouraging/rewarding" said women than it is to attack the women who actively participate and engage in those behaviors willingly?

does this question really make sense to u? if the shoe fits u should be offended...if you're not the 'fake' woman he's talking about, hes not talking to u. he isnt attacking a whole gender he's attacking a 'demographic' within.

unless i misinterpreted it sounds like you're excusing the hoe for being a hoe while attacking the man for calling her one. makes no sense.

how old are you?
  • Undefeatable
    Undefeatable Members Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Whenever the topic of feminism comes up on here... I always end up feeling embarrassed as a black man.

Smh.
  • Undefeatable
    Options
    And let me ask this: How would you feel about white people -- even well-meaning white people -- trying to dictate the goals of the black movement? Wouldn't you think that they would out of place? If so, why isn't the same thing true for women?

Yes, there are divisions even among feminists, but these internecine disagreements should be resolved among feminists.
  • Undefeatable
    Options
    And let me ask this: How would you feel about white people -- even well-meaning white people -- trying to dictate the goals of the black movement? Wouldn't you think that they would out of place? If so, why isn't the same thing true for women?

Yes, there are divisions even among feminists, but these internecine disagreements should be resolved among feminists.

That ? is not comparable. There is no racial analog to many of the factors at play in intergender relations.

And you probably feel embarrassed as a black man because you're an embarassment as a black man when you adopt the same illogical and ridiculous arguments to defend feminists that feminists do.

Let me ask you a question. Do you ever see some posts in threads like this that kinda make you cringe?

What kind of posts?

Here is an example:
    I've yet to see an attractive woman, with some sense, and in a happy relationship, be a feminist. Do they exist? Probably not. You know why that type of woman isn't a feminist? Because she doesn't need to be. She's already happy and confident and doesn't need arbitrary cosigns from ugly ass, single, fat, bitter ? .

? a G.damn feminist. They can be purged right along with Trump supporters.
  • Undefeatable
    Options

That ? is not comparable. There is no racial analog to many of the factors at play in intergender relations.

And you probably feel embarrassed as a black man because you're an embarassment as a black man when you adopt the same illogical and ridiculous arguments to defend feminists that feminists do.

Can you say a bit more about what you mean? I want to be sure I understand you.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    to clarify

They do do that though...they even have a term for it...apparently it's chicks they call "pick me's"...the female version of a simp who will show no shame in the ? they do for male approval. You know the feminist ideals many of ya'll have problems with r a. aren't as bad as they seem on a basic level and 2. ya'll make your arguments really easy to counter because you approach them from the very place many women who deem themselves feminists often use as their own starting point. Many of ya'll are just as bad/annoying as the feminists you decry when these topics come up
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Let me ask you a question. Do you ever see some posts in threads like this that kinda make you cringe?

What kind of posts?

Here is an example:
    I've yet to see an attractive woman, with some sense, and in a happy relationship, be a feminist. Do they exist? Probably not. You know why that type of woman isn't a feminist? Because she doesn't need to be. She's already happy and confident and doesn't need arbitrary cosigns from ugly ass, single, fat, bitter ? .

lol ? say a lot of dumb ? on here. The IC should not be a source of personal embarrassment for you.

Blacks and whites are not interdependent the way men and women are. A disconnect between blacks and whites is bad but not really damning for anyone. That's clearly the case since a disconnect between blacks and whites has existed since this country came into existence. A disconnect between men and women hurts the family structure, the community, and humanity as a whole if its wide spread enough. Men have a vested interest in the mindset of women even if those women claim they are only concerned with women issues. Whites don't really have in interest in matters that are internal to the black community.
  • konceptjones
    konceptjones Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    to clarify

They do do that though...they even have a term for it...apparently it's chicks they call "pick me's"...the female version of a simp who will show no shame in the ? they do for male approval. You know the feminist ideals many of ya'll have problems with r a. aren't as bad as they seem on a basic level and 2. ya'll make your arguments really easy to counter because you approach them from the very place many women who deem themselves feminists often use as their own starting point. Many of ya'll are just as bad/annoying as the feminists you decry when these topics come up

Here's the ideology I have an issue with:

1. All sex is somehow ? , even when consensual and with married partners
    2. The myth that women make only 70 cents to a man's dollar. This garbage was debunked by feminists yet it keeps being brought up as if it was a fact (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/christina-hoff-sommers/wage-gap_b_2073804.html)
    3. When both a man and woman are equally ? , it it always the man's responsibility to not have sex otherwise he's ? the woman. Also, all ? sex is ? and the woman is always the victim even if she's the aggressor and initiates sex.
    4. Women are to only be praised, coddled, and comforted even for trivial, meaningless things.
    5. Giving a woman a compliment while out and about is "street harassment" and a borderline criminal act.

By and large women have every right that men do and then some, they simply refuse to acknowledge this.

They also refuse to acknowledge that simply being women gives them assloads of advantages in society as well as legally.
  • Undefeatable
    Options

What kind of posts?

Here is an example:

lol ? say a lot of dumb ? on here. The IC should not be a source of personal embarrassment for you.

Blacks and whites are not interdependent the way men and women are. A disconnect between blacks and whites is bad but not really damning for anyone. That's clearly the case since a disconnect between blacks and whites has existed since this country came into existence. A disconnect between men and women hurts the family structure, the community, and humanity as a whole if its wide spread enough. Men have a vested interest in the mindset of women even if those women claim they are only concerned with women issues. Whites don't really have in interest in matters that are internal to the black community.

OK, you may have a point.
  • deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

What kind of posts?

Here is an example:

C'mon bruh.

You're going to extremes and/or overstating your case now.

If that post actually.............."makes you cringe"............then you're either too sensitive or you need to re-evaluate your definition of cringeworthy.
This discussion has been closed.