Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Thread

Options

Comments

• konceptjones
    konceptjones Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LUClEN wrote: »
    Seems like the bull market became bearish this week. Going to be some good prices for long term buy positions here

Getting slaughtered on that str order right now. My bad for anyone that bought near the top, it's going to be awhile before we see returns

yeah, I'm just gonna sit on STR right now. ? is droppin like a brick. Hopefully I can let it sit long enough that I'll get back at least half of what I paid for it. In the mean time, I'm prolly gonna drop a few more dollars into my account and see what I can make happen.
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Seems like the bull market became bearish this week. Going to be some good prices for long term buy positions here

Getting slaughtered on that str order right now. My bad for anyone that bought near the top, it's going to be awhile before we see returns

yeah, I'm just gonna sit on STR right now. ? is droppin like a brick. Hopefully I can let it sit long enough that I'll get back at least half of what I paid for it. In the mean time, I'm prolly gonna drop a few more dollars into my account and see what I can make happen.

Stripe, one of the major companies invested in stellar technology, just scored some big deals with 2 major ecommerce businesses in China. That's a 700 billion dollar market. If they choose to use stellar's technology this will be great for us in the long term.
  • LUClEN
    Options
    dwade206 wrote: »
    Ethereum?

Ethereum is bittersweet. It has a lot of backing from "the establishment" so to speak, but it's hosting a lot of garbage coins on the network. When these coins get dumped it tends to affect the price of ethereum in a bad way.
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    55k Bitcoin in 2022?
  • Qiv_Owan
    Qiv_Owan Members Posts: 4,125 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    What do i use to buy these, like sites or whatever?

That STR price is unreal Ima blow a couple hundred in there, why not

Edit: I found Changelly.com, is that a good one?
  • LUClEN
    Options
    Qiv_Owan wrote: »

@Qiv_Owan I use poloniex, mainly because it's really easy for mobile and I do most of my trading from my phone (a lot of people give me flak for this but I'm never in front of a pc for very long due to scheduling).

I hope you bought that stellar when you made that post, you would be up a good 20 percent right now.
  • dwade206
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Waiting until the market bottoms out then investing again. Also, Coinbase CEO is taking survey on which coin should be available next on the platform.
  • Qiv_Owan
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Qiv_Owan wrote: »

@Qiv_Owan I use poloniex, mainly because it's really easy for mobile and I do most of my trading from my phone (a lot of people give me flak for this but I'm never in front of a pc for very long due to scheduling).

I hope you bought that stellar when you made that post, you would be up a good 20 percent right now.

Nah I got stuck at the enter STR Recipient's address part on changelly
    And Poloniex im still trying to figure out how to use

@LUClEN
  • LUClEN
    Options
    @Qiv_Owan Polo does not deal anything directly from what I understand. The way I did it, I set up a wallet through a third party website, then received some bitcoin from someone (localbitcoin is a decent place to buy bitcoin). I transferred it to poloniex, which took a little bit, then I traded from btc to other currencies. Bitcoin is probably the most universal, even more so than US dollar, so it's the best one to start with. Now is a decent time to buy, although my personal expectation is that the price comes lower.
  • Qiv_Owan
    Options
    Thanks bruh, now it makes sense

Now excuse me for a while while I get my life together so I can buy 1 bitcoin
  • konceptjones
    konceptjones Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @LUClEN did you see where dogecoin dropped to?? any chance you guys think it may jump?
  • LUClEN
    Options
    It already did tbh. If btc pumps it may come higher, but I don't think it will ? 100
  • LUClEN
    Options
    BTC pumped this week and we didn't see much action from Doge. That spike that happened on the 18th seems to have been where you should have taken some of your profits on the trade. What coins are you holding right now?

I ended up exiting my stellar position at a 50% loss. Went from 1.9 bitcoins to 0.8.

Sold that for USDT, and now that Bitcoin is poised to come down after the price spike this week I'll rebuy and increase bitcoins to 0.85, for a small gain.

Next time BTC hits a big spike i'll make a post about it. These increases are always followed by corrections, and if we time it right we can make easy money simply selling the bitcoins for USDT, then trading back to bitcoin once the price corrects, thereby increasing the total amount of BTC we have.
  • dwade206
    Options
    I'm investing more after August 1st and depending on where the market is going, I'll hold for the long run. Who knows how much Bit, Ether, or Lite will be worth next year.
  • LUClEN
    Options
    Ethereum is bombing right now. They hosted a lot of trash currencies on their network and now that those currencies are getting dumped on the market it is hurting ethereum's value

I personally would not buy any
  • dwade206
    Options
    Interesting. Any thoughts on Litecoin?
  • LUClEN
    Options
    Litecoin is old. It's been one of the better bitcoin alternatives but I don't see it as having a lot of room for growth. It's more risk, but I think if your plan is to get rich you wanna find something cheap that will triple or quadruple in value
  • cainvelasquez
    cainvelasquez Members Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Litecoin is old. It's been one of the better bitcoin alternatives but I don't see it as having a lot of room for growth. It's more risk, but I think if your plan is to get rich you wanna find something cheap that will triple or quadruple in value

Any thoughts on Stratis or Ripple(Xrp)? They seem to be going down ahead of August 1th.
  • LUClEN
    Options
    I like ripple. It's quick and is finding a lot of support in the financial sector. They have shown a lot of growth. I had some when it was just starting and sold it a few weeks before it blew up. Could have made a few grand there, never gonna live that one down

Right now everything is coming down. Btc falling, gonna be a good time to grab some at a lower price
  • cainvelasquez
    Options
    I like ripple. It's quick and is finding a lot of support in the financial sector. They have shown a lot of growth. I had some when it was just starting and sold it a few weeks before it blew up. Could have made a few grand there, never gonna live that one down

Right now everything is coming down. Btc falling, gonna be a good time to grab some at a lower price

Yeah, but how do you know when it hits rock bottom? Should i wait after 1th August?
  • LUClEN
    Options

Yeah, but how do you know when it hits rock bottom? Should i wait after 1th August?

I don't even know if August first will be a decrease. Segwit is apparently active now, but there won't necessarily be a fork

A lot of mixed views on this
  • cainvelasquez
    Options

I don't even know if August first will be a decrease. Segwit is apparently active now, but there won't necessarily be a fork

A lot of mixed views on this

I am just going to monitor the price for now. Any future input will be much appreciated.

• LUClEN
    Options
    @cainvelasquez apparently the fork on the first of August is 100% a go.

The Bitcoin mining community will be forcing a new coin to be created as an offshoot of bitcoin due to irreconcilable differences. This new coin, called bitcoin cash, will be given to anyone who has bitcoin in a bitcoin wallet that is NOT in an exchange (it has to be a personal bitcoin wallet). From what I've managed to make of this, the new currency is pretty lame but may gain support and rival bitcoin? ( i personally doubt it given its origins)

In any event, we are seeing bitcoin prices reach towards their highest highs from not long ago, and it could be in anticipation of the new coin being created. That new coin's value will be derived from the value of bitcoin, so there is a good change we see bitcoin take a big hit on or around the first of august

• chgarcia345
    chgarcia345 Members Posts: 577 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @cainvelasquez apparently the fork on the first of August is 100% a go.

The Bitcoin mining community will be forcing a new coin to be created as an offshoot of bitcoin due to irreconcilable differences. This new coin, called bitcoin cash, will be given to anyone who has bitcoin in a bitcoin wallet that is NOT in an exchange (it has to be a personal bitcoin wallet). From what I've managed to make of this, the new currency is pretty lame but may gain support and rival bitcoin? ( i personally doubt it given its origins)

In any event, we are seeing bitcoin prices reach towards their highest highs from not long ago, and it could be in anticipation of the new coin being created. That new coin's value will be derived from the value of bitcoin, so there is a good change we see bitcoin take a big hit on or around the first of august

Good my wallet is empty right now..
    Made 27 dollars last week
  • dwade206
    Options
    dwade206 wrote: »
    Waiting until the market bottoms out then investing again. Also, Coinbase CEO is taking survey on which coin should be available next on the platform.

...well damn, that was a quick crash. Bit is back up to 2800 plus. Might have to pick up another portion soon.