Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Thread

Options

Comments

• LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LUClEN wrote: »
    Litecoin was flying the other day. A bit late to get in now, idk how much more momentum it has

You haven't answered my questions man. What exchanges do ya'll recommend?

I use poloniex.
  • Fosheezy
    Fosheezy Members Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Options
    It's interesting how much steam the Bitcoin market is getting. Like, i'm starting to see noobs come out the wood works trying to get in and even new people trying to teach about it. Which concerns me. I'd rather stick with trading stocks of the companies that mine them already. Bitcoin already seems almost absurdly high enough as it is, and for no really clear reason other than hype or something unseen. And it's projected to keep going even further? lol
  • DaFifthElement
    DaFifthElement Members Posts: 4,764 ✭✭✭
    Options
    It'll pass the DJIA next year
  • LUClEN
    Options
    It'll pass the DJIA next year

Why so certain?
  • LUClEN
    Options
    Fosheezy wrote: »
    It's interesting how much steam the Bitcoin market is getting. Like, i'm starting to see noobs come out the wood works trying to get in and even new people trying to teach about it. Which concerns me. I'd rather stick with trading stocks of the companies that mine them already. Bitcoin already seems almost absurdly high enough as it is, and for no really clear reason other than hype or something unseen. And it's projected to keep going even further? lol

Wats the advantage of trading mining company stocks?
  • Fosheezy
    Options

The main advantage to me is cheaper to get a piece of the action and easier to play the charts. To get an actual bitcoin I'd have to do hella more learning before I can even begin. And even if I did decide to start I imagine I'd have to drop thousands.
  • LUClEN
    Options

The main advantage to me is cheaper to get a piece of the action and easier to play the charts. To get an actual bitcoin I'd have to do hella more learning before I can even begin. And even if I did decide to start I imagine I'd have to drop thousands.

You can start with altcoins and play the crypto market
  • Fosheezy
    Options

You can start with altcoins and play the crypto market

I'll have to look into it I have no idea where to start with this market lol
  • konceptjones
    konceptjones Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? up. I completely forgot I had bought a few DigiByte coins and they dropped a little. I was waiting for them to go back up and during the SC drop I completely forgot I had DGB. looked at it today and them ? are worth about an eighth of what I paid for 'em. Went to dump 'em and I can't even sell 'em off 'cause I don't have enough to make .0001btc. I only bought 14 of 'em so I'm just stuck with 'em I guess.
  • LUClEN
    Options
    That's rough fam. I had something similar happen, except it was a coin called noblecoin. Ended up getting de-listed from the damn exchange and i had a thousand of them. Dumped them for less than half of what I paid for them :/
  • Fosheezy
    Options
    What about Litecoin?
  • konceptjones
    konceptjones Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That's rough fam. I had something similar happen, except it was a coin called noblecoin. Ended up getting de-listed from the damn exchange and i had a thousand of them. Dumped them for less than half of what I paid for them :/

see... I was looking at Dogecoin again since it's soooooo cheap but I don't want to get stuck with a useless coin if it gets delisted and it looks like it's heading in that direction.
  • black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Market is still taking a beating. I'm being patient though. Did anyone panic-sell?
  • Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    dwade206 wrote: »
    Market is still taking a beating. I'm being patient though. Did anyone panic-sell?

im going to hold for awhile .. im glad bitcoin is fallen i want to get more
  • Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I should have sold my ? earlier
  • LUClEN
    Options
    Bittrex.com is a dope exchange
  • dwade206
    Options
    Lol, no it's not
  • LUClEN
    Options
    dwade206 wrote: »
    Lol, no it's not

Way more coins on bitrex. Means more opportunities for money
  • dwade206
    Options
    Their platform isn't user friendly but I see your point. Btw, I'm hearing that China ICO/Exchange ban is only temporary.
  • LUClEN
    Options
    For sure. China has so much invested in cryptocurrency tech this is just a small bump
  • King Erauno
    King Erauno Members Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ayo. yall heard about bitconnect?

https://youtu.be/mrP5dqIiuhQ

transfer bitcoin into it.. you start with a loan of $100. the robot pays you everyday based on the market fluctuation in interest.

q8h30ff7vkwo.png
  • King Erauno
    King Erauno Members Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    joined a month ago.. made almost $30.

2 $100 loans, and when you make $10 you can reinvest the money into another loan. you get paid interest on each loan, everyday
  • Go figure
    Go figure Guests, Members, Confirm Email, Writer Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I been hearing ? about bitcoin skyrocketing this week but its quiet in here

Any winners?
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Go figure wrote: »
    I been hearing ? about bitcoin skyrocketing this week but its quiet in here

Any winners?

Since Sept I've made $50 off my partial share of bitcoin.