Fair or Foul: boy finds his dad's drugs and calls 911

Options
12346»

Comments

• Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Foul: don't bite the hand that feeds u, lil snitch
    If u watched the video it said the boy unsuccessfully try to snitch before.. the father gained custody after a divorce and moved in with his mother.. that means the judge saw him as the better parent than his wife.. think about that...

I don't care if he was a hired hitman killing ? for money he was doing it for his ungrateful son.. it's already a dysfunctional situation made ten times worse by kid who thinks the police are on his side
  • konceptjones
    konceptjones Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Trillfate wrote: »
    If u watched the video it said the boy unsuccessfully try to snitch before.. the father gained custody after a divorce and moved in with his mother.. that means the judge saw him as the better parent than his wife.. think about that...

I don't care if he was a hired hitman killing ? for money he was doing it for his ungrateful son.. it's already a dysfunctional situation made ten times worse by kid who thinks the police are on his side

What kind of a father knowingly puts his children in harms way with a clear conscience? What kind of person do you have to be to think that your son potentially getting killed because of some ? you did out on the street is "just part of the game"???

When you bring a child into this world your only focus should be on caring for that child and protecting that child. If you ain't ready to do that, either don't have kids or give them up to someone who is willing to do the job you're unwilling to do.
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Options

What kind of a father knowingly puts his children in harms way with a clear conscience? What kind of person do you have to be to think that your son potentially getting killed because of some ? you did out on the street is "just part of the game"???

When you bring a child into this world your only focus should be on caring for that child and protecting that child. If you ain't ready to do that, either don't have kids or give them up to someone who is willing to do the job you're unwilling to do.

Like it or not, people sell drugs out here man. It's not like dude had the ? on the kitchen table either (it was hidden in luggage). So whether it was within reach or the kid had to go out of his way to find it is debatable.

And the fact that dude already called the cops once and they didn't find anything says something.

As far as the father - people already past the point of whether or not selling drugs is right / wrong but after that, what kind of kid calls the cops on his single parent who seem to be taking care of the little MF ?

You don't know if dude focusing on his kid or not -

He got custody.
    He standing there in a birthday party pic with lil dude.
    Lil dude still with him a year after the kid already called cops on him.

And who knows what the ? else goes on. There's better ways this little ? could've handled it than getting his pops locked up for what might be years.

And now all that ? about the kid is 11 and he might've not known the ramifications that other posters were saying earlier is probably out the window since he did this before and got convicted and that's what the lil MF told the cops..
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Options

Bruh. We understand selling drugs isnt ideal but you're argument is pure conjecture. You're speaking on unknowns, "putting him in harms way/getting killed". Im arguing whats known. The fact is a single father was doing his best to raise his son and his son has betrayed him multiple times by false do-gooding. Now he's an orphan.
  • konceptjones
    edited May 2017
    Options

Bruh. We understand selling drugs isnt ideal but you're argument is pure conjecture. You're speaking on unknowns, "putting him in harms way/getting killed". Im arguing whats known. The fact is a single father was doing his best to raise his son and his son has betrayed him multiple times by false do-gooding. Now he's an orphan.

Ok, here's what's known from my personal experience.

During the very brief time I sold dat, I got shot at and my boy caught one and could have died in the ER. I had no good good reason to even be out there 'cause I had a job, was in college, was DJ'ing and selling mixtapes so I wasn't pressed for money; it was just some fly ? to do. I could have been killed for an eighth but even more than that, getting killed for any amount of drugs wouldn't have been worth it. From my experience, cats that sell drugs usually end up on the wrong end of a gun.

You say this man was doing his best? I call ? . Doing his best would have been to get out there and get a job or two if it called for it. Doing his best would be to get his ass in college or some sort of training to get a better job. Doing his best means busting your ass to take care of your child.

Slangin is NEVER doing your best.
  • 7figz
    Options

During the very brief time I sold dat, I got shot at and my boy caught one and could have died in the ER. I had no good good reason to even be out there 'cause I had a job, was in college, was DJ'ing and selling mixtapes so I wasn't pressed for money; it was just some fly ? to do. I could have been killed for an eighth but even more than that, getting killed for any amount of drugs wouldn't have been worth it. From my experience, cats that sell drugs usually end up on the wrong end of a gun.

You say this man was doing his best? I call ? . Doing his best would have been to get out there and get a job or two if it called for it. Doing his best would be to get his ass in college or some sort of training to get a better job. Doing his best means busting your ass to take care of your child.

Well-intentioned but closed-minded idealistic thinking here.

You seeing it from your point of view and not trying to see it from someone else's. Doing your best isn't the same him doing his best. That's similar to people who have money saying everybody who's poor just needs to "pull themselves up by their bootstraps" without knowledge of what they dealing with.
  • goldenja
    goldenja Members Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    7figz wrote: »

You seeing it from your point of view and not trying to see it from someone else's. Doing your best isn't the same him doing his best. That's similar to people who have money saying everybody who's poor just needs to "pull themselves up by their bootstraps" without knowledge of what they dealing with.

Put it this way.. In this fathers situation, where do you think the bar was set? High? Low? or somewhere in between?
  • babelipsss
    babelipsss Members Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The kid called in before? That's like a red flag. Maybe he's being manipulated by someone with a grudge against the father. Possibly the mother. Custody battles are nasty business.
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Fair: he did what's best for his dad/family
    I hope some of you ? aren't fathers

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • 7figz
    edited May 2017
    Options
    goldenja wrote: »

Put it this way.. In this fathers situation, where do you think the bar was set? High? Low? or somewhere in between?

Not sure I understand the question / point. If you're asking me was the bar low / high for the father, I'd honestly say I don't have enough info. to make that determination. That's the point I tried to make to dude. You don't ? else about their life besides what we could believe from the media.

If I'm a single parent of a kid, living with my mother, and likely a convicted felon - seems like the bar is high.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • konceptjones
    Options

I'm a father with 4 kids. I grew up ? poor in Saginaw, MI (100 miles north of Detroit and for a time far worse than Tha D) and spent my formative years coming of age in Detroit during the ? era. I know all about whatever dude could have possibly been going through.

Let's back it up tho... Before the career in IT and alladat, before my wife and 4 kids... A young Koncept got a chick knocked up... At least that's what I was told. Remember in that "broke" thread I said I slept in my car for a few days? My ex had given birth just 6 weeks prior to that point in time. I was told this was my child. She moved in with a friend of hers and the plan was that I would get a crib for all of us to move into. When I made the move in with my sister I did so with the intention of saving my money to get a spot for her and our newborn daughter. The job I moved back for was a ? clerk/mail runner's temp job at U of M hospital on a 90 day contract. ? paid $7.50/hr 40 hrs a week with no benefits and no overtime. On the side I was throwing stereos in for people that still knew me and referrals from them. I found out that one of the Chinese buffet spots down the way from me was paying $10 a piece for fresh caught carp, so a bruh was out on Saturday and Sunday with my pole down at the river and hauling no less than 10 carp at a time on the freight to the spot to get that money. I switched to a job that paid a little better but had commission at the end of my 90 days. No commission for 90 days and no benefits for 90 days either, but I stuck it out for my child. A month later I got a two bedroom crib but ole girl flipped it on me and said she wasn't moving in with me. Didn't matter though, I still took care of my daughter while working harder to start building something that would take care of everything if it panned out. I did whatever I could in order to take care of my daughter and at no point in time did slangin drugs become an option.

? that, he had other options.
  • 7figz
    Options

I'm a father with 4 kids. I grew up ? poor in Saginaw, MI (100 miles north of Detroit and for a time far worse than Tha D) and spent my formative years coming of age in Detroit during the ? era. I know all about whatever dude could have possibly been going through.

Let's back it up tho... Before the career in IT and alladat, before my wife and 4 kids... A young Koncept got a chick knocked up... At least that's what I was told. Remember in that "broke" thread I said I slept in my car for a few days? My ex had given birth just 6 weeks prior to that point in time. I was told this was my child. She moved in with a friend of hers and the plan was that I would get a crib for all of us to move into. When I made the move in with my sister I did so with the intention of saving my money to get a spot for her and our newborn daughter. The job I moved back for was a ? clerk/mail runner's temp job at U of M hospital on a 90 day contract. ? paid $7.50/hr 40 hrs a week with no benefits and no overtime. On the side I was throwing stereos in for people that still knew me and referrals from them. I found out that one of the Chinese buffet spots down the way from me was paying $10 a piece for fresh caught carp, so a bruh was out on Saturday and Sunday with my pole down at the river and hauling no less than 10 carp at a time on the freight to the spot to get that money. I switched to a job that paid a little better but had commission at the end of my 90 days. No commission for 90 days and no benefits for 90 days either, but I stuck it out for my child. A month later I got a two bedroom crib but ole girl flipped it on me and said she wasn't moving in with me. Didn't matter though, I still took care of my daughter while working harder to start building something that would take care of everything if it panned out. I did whatever I could in order to take care of my daughter and at no point in time did slangin drugs become an option.

That's a GOAT story but it's your story not his. It's one thing to have confidence in yourself and what you been through but how can you realistically speak on somebody you don't know and what they could / couldn't do ? The most you could assume is dude could've had an alternative but that's still an assumption.
  • konceptjones
    edited May 2017
    Options
    That's a GOAT story but it's your story not his. It's one thing to have confidence in yourself and what you been through but how can you realistically speak on somebody you don't know and what they could / couldn't do ? The most you could assume is dude could've had an alternative but that's still an assumption.

here's the problem with what you've said: No matter what you're going through someone else went through something far worse and came through it. Whatever his personal situation was coming up and even leading to the day he decided to start slangin, there was someone that came up with less, in a far worse situation, that didn't resort to slanging and made it. It takes hard work and dedication to something be it your family or just yourself, but it can be done and there are plenty of people you can look to that did it.

Illegal ? is the easy way. No matter what you're doing, no matter what economic level you're at there's always some illegal ? waiting for you. All those loan officers from the early 2000's that are now sitting in federal prison decided that they would take the easy way to closing loans. All the stockbrokers sitting in federal prison because they decided that high six figures or 7 figures wasn't enough and got into insider trading. Plenty of doctors sittin in the pen that felt that they could scam Medicare or Medicaid to pad their pockets. There's politicians in prison because their government salary and benefits wasn't enough and started taking kickbacks for contracts and ? like that. All you gotta do is watch a season of American Greed to know that people that have the good life will still try to take shortcuts or try to find ways to game the system in order to put more money in their pockets and many of them use the exact same excuse: "I was trying to feed my family... make sure they had what they needed".

It's always there, it's there no matter how poor or how rich you are. The question is do you have the strength of character to avoid it, or if you're involved in it can you walk away and never look back?
  • nex gin
    nex gin Members Posts: 10,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Wish I could give this 1000 GOATS. Life ain't nothing but choices fam. We all have them. We live and die by them.
  • konceptjones
    Options
    nex gin wrote: »

Wish I could give this 1000 GOATS. Life ain't nothing but choices fam. We all have them. We live and die by them.

This is what it all boils down to: Your choice.

How your life turns out is determined by the choices you make early on. You choose to ? up in school. You choose to stand out on the block. You choose to join a gang. You choose to ? a chick raw and knock her up when you're still a teenager. You choose all this ? that contributes to your success or your failure. It's all on you. Yes, your environment can present obstacles, but if you're determined you'll find a way around them to keep moving forward.

I've seen too many people overcome staggering poverty and make it out the hood. One of my boys in high school lived in what could only be described as the hoodiest of hoods on the eastside of Detroit off 7 mile. Not once did he go out and flip some ? to get money. His moms worked her ass off to keep the lights on, put clothes on his back, and keep a roof over his head. Dude is doing damned good for himself nowadays working in IT. He made choices to better himself. This "father" should have made better choices in life.
  • 7figz
    edited May 2017
    Options

here's the problem with what you've said: No matter what you're going through someone else went through something far worse and came through it. Whatever his personal situation was coming up and even leading to the day he decided to start slangin, there was someone that came up with less, in a far worse situation, that didn't resort to slanging and made it. It takes hard work and dedication to something be it your family or just yourself, but it can be done and there are plenty of people you can look to that did it.

Illegal ? is the easy way. No matter what you're doing, no matter what economic level you're at there's always some illegal ? waiting for you. All those loan officers from the early 2000's that are now sitting in federal prison decided that they would take the easy way to closing loans. All the stockbrokers sitting in federal prison because they decided that high six figures or 7 figures wasn't enough and got into insider trading. Plenty of doctors sittin in the pen that felt that they could scam Medicare or Medicaid to pad their pockets. There's politicians in prison because their government salary and benefits wasn't enough and started taking kickbacks for contracts and ? like that. All you gotta do is watch a season of American Greed to know that people that have the good life will still try to take shortcuts or try to find ways to game the system in order to put more money in their pockets and many of them use the exact same excuse: "I was trying to feed my family... make sure they had what they needed".

It's always there, it's there no matter how poor or how rich you are. The question is do you have the strength of character to avoid it, or if you're involved in it can you walk away and never look back?

And there's a lot of people who chose to do ? the "legal" way that's not making it either.

And there's some MF who'll look at what you're doing and say you didn't do enough too.

Bottom line to me, what one person eat don't make the next person ? . I can't say what worked for me would've worked for somebody else with 100% certainty.

? it tho, just gotta agree to disagree.

Illegal ? is the easy way ? Smh. ok.