LeBron James Home Vandalized With Racial Slurs

Options
1235»

Comments

• Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    farris2k1 wrote: »
    At the same time ? playing that ? ? ? so he won't get axed by espn I never even heard his name come up some until recently

Hes on fs1 not espn, espn is liberal as ? i doubt theyd even ? with him period

He was on ESPN
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    He was espn for a few years and his time there his idiotic statements weren't as bad as before he got there and after he left.
  • Like Water
    Like Water Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    I didn't watch all of Whitlock's statement but any one who disagrees with its better to be rich and black than poor and black is obviously living on like the moon or something.

Spray paint can be painted over. Like dude said it's an inconvenience and at worst it shakes his peace of mind a little bit. Trying to compare that ? to Emmitt Till or Trayvon Martin is straight up hyperbole.

lol Come on bruh, that ? flew way over your head huh.

He didn't compare anything to Emmitt Till. He said that when he saw what happened, he was reminded of Emmitt Till's mother's reasoning for why she wanted an open casket. He said that because his first instinct was to not comment on what happened, but then he rethought it and realized it was better for people to see the truth.

And Whitlock is an idiot, and you should really be careful about defending anything he says. Lebron didn't say that his struggle with racism is the same as a poor person's struggle. He only said that money didn't prevent someone from being subject to racism, and even with money, life in America can still be hard for a black person. Explain to me what was wrong about that? Yes, he has the resources to get past racism in a way that poorer people might not, but that doesn't mean, that the racism doesn't exist or doesn't have a real impact.

I'm not against Lebron at all. What I'm saying is the ? will be fine. We can stop acting like this is a crime against humanity because somebody spray painted his second house.

If his name wasn't Lebron James this wouldn't even be that big of a story.

I said there was nothing wrong with the part of whitlock's statement that I heard. I don't agree with his entire statement or with everything he says but I'm not seeing the problem with saying "Lebron is a ? with money and that comes with privileges" because its true.

For starters everybody talking about this like somebody got hurt or that this is somehow a surprise. People have lived with worse. He's not some martyr.

Smh... ? Michigan logic strikes again.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jason Whitlock shouldn't be able to walk around "real" black ppl without being called out.

Real black ppl should make that dude life a living hell.

This some sad ass ?

why not?

zimmerman still walks around florida
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    Jason Whitlock shouldn't be able to walk around "real" black ppl without being called out.

This some sad ass ?

why not?

And people regularly make his life hell...did you even read the post before you responded?
  • farris2k1
    farris2k1 Members Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He was espn for a few years and his time there his idiotic statements weren't as bad as before he got there and after he left.

Yep and they still got rid of his ass, no way in hell theyd ? wit him the way he is now
  • Plutarch
    Plutarch Members Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Like Water wrote: »
    I didn't watch all of Whitlock's statement but any one who disagrees with its better to be rich and black than poor and black is obviously living on like the moon or something.

Spray paint can be painted over. Like dude said it's an inconvenience and at worst it shakes his peace of mind a little bit. Trying to compare that ? to Emmitt Till or Trayvon Martin is straight up hyperbole.

He didn't compare anything to Emmitt Till. He said that when he saw what happened, he was reminded of Emmitt Till's mother's reasoning for why she wanted an open casket. He said that because his first instinct was to not comment on what happened, but then he rethought it and realized it was better for people to see the truth.

And Whitlock is an idiot, and you should really be careful about defending anything he says. Lebron didn't say that his struggle with racism is the same as a poor person's struggle. He only said that money didn't prevent someone from being subject to racism, and even with money, life in America can still be hard for a black person. Explain to me what was wrong about that? Yes, he has the resources to get past racism in a way that poorer people might not, but that doesn't mean, that the racism doesn't exist or doesn't have a real impact.

I'm not against Lebron at all. What I'm saying is the ? will be fine. We can stop acting like this is a crime against humanity because somebody spray painted his second house.

I said there was nothing wrong with the part of whitlock's statement that I heard. I don't agree with his entire statement or with everything he says but I'm not seeing the problem with saying "Lebron is a ? with money and that comes with privileges" because its true.

For starters everybody talking about this like somebody got hurt or that this is somehow a surprise. People have lived with worse. He's not some martyr.

Lol, can you elaborate? Just curious.
  • Like Water
    Like Water Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Plutarch wrote: »
    Like Water wrote: »

Lol, can you elaborate? Just curious.

It's an inside joke. He's from Michigan. I'm from Ohio. We're supposed to hate each other. It is known.
  • Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sad but typical.

Look at the hate the greats receive..Tiger, Serena, Lebron. You can be good, even great, but when you become the best it's time to attempt to knock you down a couple pegs.

His press conference was beautifully handled. I hate that he had to go into the championship series with that on his mind. I hope he wins just for the ? you factor.

• CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    b'mer... wrote: »
    mz3zfzpu3xo0.png
    Picture worth a thousand words...

man as much as i ? wit LeBron..
    this picture always upsets me..
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »
    MR.CJ wrote: »
    Jason Whitlock cooning again

What he say?

@Knock_Twice

i get what he's sayin..
    but he took ? the wrong way..

he's talkin about LeBron personally when LeBron was basically speakin for all black people..
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    b'mer... wrote: »
    mz3zfzpu3xo0.png
    Picture worth a thousand words...

man as much as i ? wit LeBron..
    this picture always upsets me..

I bet he didn't understand the focus and what theybwhere trying to do in the picture
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »

This some sad ass ?

why not?

And people regularly make his life hell...did you even read the post before you responded?

two different things

one killed and innocent black kid and the other made ? comments.

but yea...ok
  • blackrain
    Options

This some sad ass ?

why not?

two different things

but yea...ok

You responded to someone saying people should make his life a living hell by mentioning Zimmerman..which people do. So...your post and point was off target
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options

This some sad ass ?

why not?

two different things

but yea...ok

You responded to someone saying people should make his life a living hell by mentioning Zimmerman..which people do. So...your post and point was off target

you always miss the point
  • blackrain
    Options

This some sad ass ?

why not?

two different things

but yea...ok

I know what point you were trying to make. You've said the same ? before...on this one though you missed the mark
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options

This some sad ass ?

why not?

two different things

but yea...ok

I know what point you were trying to make. You've said the same ? before...on this one though you missed the mark

an ill say it again.....
    but zimmerman still walking around

and the ? posts pics of his "work" and flaunts that hes untouched...
    but a man who gets paid to.....yea nevermind

yep ....

"I" missed the point.

you got it
  • blackrain
    Options

This some sad ass ?

why not?

two different things

but yea...ok

an ill say it again.....
    but zimmerman still walking around

and the ? posts pics of his "work" and flaunts that hes untouched...
    but a man who gets paid to.....yea nevermind

yep ....

"I" missed the point.

you got it

So him being shot at...someone else stealing off on him in public, him saying he's depressed, can't find work, is broke, and can't go anywhere w/o being hounded is him living just fine? Unless you about to run up and clap him yourself all the "But he's still walking around" ? is stupid to say. You can't advocate for someone to go do what you ain't willing to. You want it done, go do it yourself since you want to keep bringing it up
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    These ? beefing again

He larry us
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So they repainted over it before the cops came??

And u dont havr cameras at ur gate?

Sumthn seems off