4:44 Album - *JAY-Z* (06/30/17).

Options

Comments

• rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My current favourites... I don't care for the other songs

asfl0mzhyt0i.png

4:44 might be the best produced HipHop song I've heard this year. No ID was right when he said that he used samples as instruments...
  • BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Marcy Me does remind me of some of the old NY nostalgia on Life Is Good. Back When or Queens Story (lyrically.)

444 and LIG are different of course but the comparisons are pretty legit. I get it.
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    Come to a realization that I don't like "? Jayz" or "Legacy". Flow is bad and production is meh. Skips
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stew wrote: »
    Come to a realization that I don't like "? Jayz" or "Legacy". Flow is bad and production is meh. Skips

I feel like his flow was bad to so/so throughout the album. That's the only part of the album that I feel is weak. I never thought Jay had the best flow, but his flow was always consistently good. This album kinda confuses me. It's like he didn't know what to do with these kinda beats or something.
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

yeah the intro and outro get the least play from me
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    maybe its lost on me or im not a pure hip hop head or whatever, but i dont get the complaints about the lazy flow

i mean, ? Jay Z and 4:44 literally sound like "one take Hov" after he's heard the beat in his head for a few hours then pieced together words and went in the booth. I dont think it's bad, but actually makes me like the song for what it is

• Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    AP21 wrote: »
    maybe its lost on me or im not a pure hip hop head or whatever, but i dont get the complaints about the lazy flow

i mean, ? Jay Z and 4:44 literally sound like "one take Hov" after he's heard the beat in his head for a few hours then pieced together words and went in the booth. I dont think it's bad, but actually makes me like the song for what it is

Others take it into consideration more than some I'm sure and I know I'm one of them. Like @the lonious monk said he's been consistently good with the flow for the most part but definitely not on this album. Could just be him gettin older.
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Song to me where he flowed best on the whole was 'Smile' but I thought the Stevie sample was too blatant...

On some songs like 'O. J' he seems to be talking over the beat =)
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AP21 wrote: »

Others take it into consideration more than some I'm sure and I know I'm one of them. Like @the lonious monk said he's been consistently good with the flow for the most part but definitely not on this album. Could just be him gettin older.

oh ok

i guess it just dont bother me to the point of having it as a legitimate criticism
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Moore7s wrote: »
    Why does JayZ say
    "new homies the reason I stopped drinking dos equis" ?

He always mentioned he didn't drink beer. So what's the connection?

I just tried some dos equis last night. was good
  • DarthRozay
    Options
    BDBIID wrote: »
    Monizzle the schtick is tired breh.

Anything Tidal related you go on these tireless rants.

From one CT brethren to the next.

Shut the ? up.

I hope Carter 5 is a Tidal exclusive so he can get a double fix on his favorite things: Wayne and Tidal.

His head will probably explode
  • qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DarthRozay wrote: »

Shut the ? up.

I hope Carter 5 is a Tidal exclusive so he can get a double fix on his favorite things: Wayne and Tidal.

I'll probably cancel my subscription if it is
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    qawshun wrote: »

Shut the ? up.

I'll probably cancel my subscription if it is

Why
  • DarthRozay
    Options
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GetoBoy wrote: »
    fa1dn1am6e70.jpg

No need to keep going back and forth like it or not it's plat then a million ppl gonna go cop it and it'll be double plat the rules have changed either catch up or keep crying in your FUBU outfits #NewRules

cosign i think it will be real plat in the next 2 weeks via legitimate sales and streams

• GetoBoy
    GetoBoy Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

The fact that this fake akademics said ppl aren't gonna go out and buy it let me know not to take him seriously
  • blue_london
    blue_london Members Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We still talking about sales.... The physical and the video is teased for Tomorrow
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BobOblah wrote: »
    Marcy Me does remind me of some of the old NY nostalgia on Life Is Good. Back When or Queens Story (lyrically.)

444 and LIG are different of course but the comparisons are pretty legit. I get it.

The production has that same vibe. Those are my favorite joints off their albums too. Goatness.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options

These white boys be furious as ? about Tidal. Every tech blogger hate the company. Even when it sold for 200 mil they said it was failing. Lol
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

The fact that this fake akademics said ppl aren't gonna go out and buy it let me know not to take him seriously

Yeah Jay Z normally does gold in physical copies in a week consistently ,people speak on him like he putting bricks or something.
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think Jay going after that beatles record, how many more he got to go?
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mr.LV wrote: »

Yeah Jay Z normally does gold in physical copies in a week consistently ,people speak on him like he putting bricks or something.

That's why i don't get why he is using the cheat code when pre MCHG he got all his joints to gold then plat without having to cook the books.