2017 NBA Off Season Thread: Draft & Free Agency & Summer League

Options

Comments

• Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ckfree wrote: »
    @Tommy bilfiger

markkanen led finland to an upset win against one of the best national teams in europe

france was favored by 15

? was entertaining

markkanen had 4 points at half

finished with 22 points on 9-of-15 from the field

2-of-3 from deep and 7 rebounds

went crazy in the fourth and overtime

clutch shot after clutch shot

inside
    outside
    off ball
    on ball

i never understood the hype on him relative to the league and other positions but it was cool to watch him hold up on both ends against a good team

http://www.espn.com/watch/player?bucketId=2&id=3156387

^^^ you can catch the game here
    I've been peeping markkanan in the tourney.Real gm been updating his performances wit highlights after every game

He decent.I know what lavine can do, but I'm definitely watching dunn & markannan next season cuz their development is key to the future.Dunn been in chicago all summer workin.I saw a snap chat of fred working with him on his jumper like 2 days ago I was gonna post it but these lames just wanna ? jokes & complain if you actually talk basketball in a sports forum + we the only legit bulls fans on here.the rest of the ic "bulls fans" wack so there was no point.Niko just need to take that qo and hit the market next summer cuz I don't see where the fit is anymore.I think niko would eat on the spurs.Lauri get some strength I think he'll be real solid duke release mad quick.
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Options

Dan Gilbert is operating under the assumption LeBron James will leave the Cleveland Cavaliers in the summer of 2018, according to multiple sources.

:o the destruction of the cleveland cavs has already started.Nukes locked & loaded

face of the cavs gonna be jae crowder and the 6th pick on the 2018 draft one year from now.
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Trade Kevin love midseason
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol @ Kyrie leading a team to the finals.
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's a collective effort out here he's just the number 1 scoring option its not like he's putting the team on his back if that was the case we would suck but he's an important piece to the puzzle that will have us owning the east for years to come
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Options
    AZTG wrote: »

I think kyrie gonna eat with stevens and his game will improve.He's never played for a good coach in his career he has to become a better overall player(playmaking,defense,shot selection).If I had to pick a year they win the east,I'd say '19 cuz boston is young+ I gotta see them play next season they pretty much turned over the whole roster.

As great as I.t. was, he was a liability that teams would exploit they don't have to worry about that anymore.
  • AZTG
    Options
    It's a collective effort out here he's just the number 1 scoring option its not like he's putting the team on his back if that was the case we would suck but he's an important piece to the puzzle that will have us owning the east for years to come

I agree 100%. I think Boston has a good chance of making the finals, and even better chances the next 2 years when your young guys start maturing.

But thats only if Kyrie buys in. Imo Boston has to be Brad Stevens team and everyone buy in. With egos in the NBA thats easier said than done, but yall got the pieces to do it.

I was laughing cause people were talking like Kyrie was about to lead his team to finals in the tradional sense.
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I think kyrie gonna eat with stevens and his game will improve.He's never played for a good coach in his career he has to become a better overall player(playmaking,defense,shot selection).If I had to pick a year they win the east,I'd say '19 cuz boston is young+ I gotta see them play next season they pretty much turned over the whole roster.

As great as I.t. was, he was a liability that teams would exploit they don't have to worry about that anymore.

Thats the ? o be thinking about Celtics run a great offense that got the most out ta their talent now they have two talented offensive players instead of one two guys thats going to get theirs regardless

But

Kyrie is a massive ball stopper and will jack up ass backward shots this doesn't go with the Celtics offense so either

A) ? gonna grow up
    B)? going to get exposed
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AP21 wrote: »
    caddo man wrote: »
    "They have a workout there, with, I'm told, Josh Smith, Chase Budinger, Martell Webster."

Man the Pels need to stop playing and go ahead and stretch Asik contract.

Bring back Cunningham!

if there was a market for him, he woulda been picked up by now

Minnesota after him.
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Options

Thats the ? o be thinking about Celtics run a great offense that got the most out ta their talent now they have two talented offensive players instead of one two guys thats going to get theirs regardless

But

Kyrie is a massive ball stopper and will jack up ass backward shots this doesn't go with the Celtics offense so either

A) ? gonna grow up
    B)? going to get exposed

No he's not.Kyrie ast % 30 i.t. 32
    kyrie time of possession 6.4 secs i.t.6.7

kyrie apg 6 i.t. 6 they are the same player offensively except i.t.draws more fouls.Now kyrie has to learn how to run offensive sets(lebron has primarily done that) most of his assists are from breaking down defenses and passing to the open cat/slasher.
  • AZTG
    edited August 2017
    Options

The way I see it working is Boston has to be the new Spurs where Stevens is the teams ultimate leader.

Now the reason why there is only 1 spurs is because they had a all timer like Duncan who had no ego and would let Pop coach him like anyone, and when Duncan retired, they basically got him back in a small forwards body in Leonard who also lets Pop coach him.

To me there is no real leader on the team. Up until now, Kyrie hasnt shown he could lead, and Hayward aint no leader either.

Doesnt mean it wont work though. Brad Stevens has shown himself to be the next great coach imo and I can see him getting Kyrie and Hayward to both totally buy in. I think he can create an offense where both players are happy and have it be effective at the same time.
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Options

But

A) ? gonna grow up
    B)? going to get exposed

No he's not.Kyrie ast % 30 i.t. 32
    kyrie time of possession 6.4 secs i.t.6.7

kyrie apg 6 i.t. 6 they are the same player offensively except i.t.draws more fouls.Now kyrie has to learn how to run offensive sets(lebron has primarily done that) most of his assists are from breaking down defenses and passing to the open cat/slasher.

Idk I dont know the stats behind that I've just seen him dribble the ball until the shot clock ran out and take a wild 3 plenty of times like you said Bron ran the offensive with kyrie Running the offensive that ? could change you have to think those numbers are a bit skewed because he was a part time pg
  • Beta
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Lol @HafBayked

What I say mane? ? chill in NO until they can get outta there

Watch pondexter actually be healthy too draining hella threes
  • Beta
    Options
    Btw who is at wing for N.O?
  • Tommy bilfiger
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Pelicans trying to re-sign cunnigham and were pushin the luxury tax.Bulls will either waive or keep poindexter, his contract expires after 17-18 that's 3.8 mil in cap space next summer & the 2nd rounder in return.
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Beta wrote: »
    Btw who is at wing for N.O?

Asik or anejica
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BDBIID wrote: »

Worst training staff in the association ain't gonna help Lil Frank. Sad

LMAO this is laughable at this point. This ? franchise is cursed.
  • Beta
    Options
    BDBIID wrote: »

Worst training staff in the association ain't gonna help Lil Frank. Sad

5afp57g4c060.jpg

? said I was hatin...these is FACTS

I worry about cousins man he's one of my fav players...
  • caddo man
    Options
    WTF! Bruh!

They have to stretch Asik now. Why are they trying to avoid it. They are probably hoping he wants a injury settlement.

• caddo man
    Options
    They are going all in for Cunningham. I hope they can fit in Anthony Morrow/Shabazz Muhammad at the vet min.
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    caddo man wrote: »
    WTF! Bruh!

They have to stretch Asik now. Why are they trying to avoid it. They are probably hoping he wants a injury settlement.

They won't, Ownership won't allow Demps to stretch him. All in all the franchise luck is on some Zeronnis Curse from the Movie Holes type ? .

Is there another team as ? up with our offseasons? We have witnessed basketball related tragedies and off court ones EVERY ? YEAR.