2017 NBA Off Season Thread: Draft & Free Agency & Summer League

Options

Comments

• Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Darren Wolfson: The Bucks have hopped in on FA Dante Cunningham, I hear. Milt Newton/Matt Bollero connection. #Twolves still trying and being patient. – via Twitter DWolfsonKSTP

If anything bucks should sign shabazz over cunningham. Let Cunningham go back to New Orleans since they going "all in" for a 8th man
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    best thing bout Boston for Kyrie ll be the white women
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shabazz muhammed is garbage,he a black hole who literally does nothing else.His career average apg .6

was the worst defender at the 3 in the nba.No team trying to compete should be interested in signing him never been a fan he's a terrible bball player
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Beta wrote: »
    Darren Wolfson: The Bucks have hopped in on FA Dante Cunningham, I hear. Milt Newton/Matt Bollero connection. #Twolves still trying and being patient. – via Twitter DWolfsonKSTP

If anything bucks should sign shabazz over cunningham. Let Cunningham go back to New Orleans since they going "all in" for a 8th man

Damn bruh you love some Pels news. Might as well cause we the Heat is a after thought.
  • Beta
    Options
    Shabazz muhammed is garbage,he a black hole who literally does nothing else.His career average apg .6

was the worst defender at the 3 in the nba.No team trying to compete should be interested in signing him never been a fan he's a terrible bball player

But what he can do is score. And on a team like the bucks that's a good fit
  • Beta
    Options
    caddo man wrote: »

Damn bruh you love some Pels news. Might as well cause we the Heat is a after thought.

Nobody checking for the pelicans B not even fans in y'all city
  • Beta
    Options
    Plus with that brittle Chicago ? out again the bucks need to put points up anyways
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Imo bucks need to play at a faster pace.Get greak freak in the open floor play more up tempo

When they slow it down & get in half court sets he thinks too much, run more and have middelton,brogdon,snell etc spread the floor
  • Beta
    Options
    Imo bucks need to play at a faster pace.Get greak freak in the open floor play more up tempo

When they slow it down & get in half court sets he thinks too much, run more and have middelton,brogdon,snell etc spread the floor

Well yeah that too but they still dont have enough offense mainly at PG. Brogdon makes delly expendable, they could use a scoring starting PG while giannis handles the rock
  • HafBayked
    HafBayked Members Posts: 16,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    best thing bout Boston for Kyrie ll be the white women

oh that ? drowning

• silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

The Pelicans Frank Jackson has an Exhibit 3: Prior Injury Exclusion in his current contract. The exhibit protects the Pelicans if Jackson has a reoccurring right foot injury. Jackson has two years guaranteed ($2.1M combined) and $506K guaranteed in year 3. New Orleans can eliminate or reduce the compensation owed based on his current injury.

Don't want shabazz unless he is coming off the bench. Dude shot 28 percent from 3 last year and doesn't has the highest iq.

Diaw
    Dunleavy
    Green
    Cunningham

Or trade for
    Slo mo
    Ross
    Chandler
    Barton
    Fournier
    Harris

Should be our options.
  • silverfoxx
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    That Celtics perimeter defense bout to be Swiss cheese. They lost two good perimeter defenders. People assume it will be Cavs vs Celtics, but i see the Wizards.

Swiss cheese huh

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NmLuXGoe6vY

Not only will he be better than Avery he'll be a dpoy candidate for years to come, Crowder's defense is replaceable, with Hayward it was a lateral move defensively maybe even an improvement, then Kyrie>>>IT regardless if he isn't a good defender at 6'3 he's not close to the liability IT is, good try though

LMAO your avi is Savage AF
  • #1hiphopjunki3
    #1hiphopjunki3 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Idk why ppl think the jazz gonna slide so much from no hayward some even said out the playoffs (huh?!)

They still have a great defense anchored by gobert

They still have ample depth at the guard spots with rubio, exum, hood, burks and Donovan mitchell

Rubio will make it easier for Derrick favors' underachieving ass

Joe ingles can still play 3 positions and play great D with Joe Johnson and thabo there on the wing

The lack of players who can create their own shots consistently will be minimized by Rubio and Snyder's system so its not even that pressing

They still make the playoffs comfortably

I hear what you saying but I don't think they have enough to make it to the playoffs in the West. There are a decent amount of teams who are going to be battling it out for playoff spots in the west that on paper got better and also stayed solid.

George Hill and Gordon Heyward will both be missed on the offensive side of the ball as well as Boris Diaw and his once every 10 games playing well. Their rookie guard looked good in summer league but that's summer league so who else is going to pick up the slack on the offensive side of the ball?

I think Synder is a good coach and I like Burks. Mitchell and Rodney Hood is okay. Injuries to a decent amount of teams, Mitchell is gonna really have to ball out or Synder is going to have to have his team running great sets in order to get into the playoffs
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    silverfoxx wrote: »

The Pelicans Frank Jackson has an Exhibit 3: Prior Injury Exclusion in his current contract. The exhibit protects the Pelicans if Jackson has a reoccurring right foot injury. Jackson has two years guaranteed ($2.1M combined) and $506K guaranteed in year 3. New Orleans can eliminate or reduce the compensation owed based on his current injury.

Don't want shabazz unless he is coming off the bench. Dude shot 28 percent from 3 last year and doesn't has the highest iq.

Diaw
    Dunleavy
    Green
    Cunningham

Or trade for
    Slo mo
    Ross
    Chandler
    Barton
    Fournier
    Harris

Should be our options.

Only way y'all getting Fournier is for an unprotected first.
  • Beta
    Options
    Idk why ppl think the jazz gonna slide so much from no hayward some even said out the playoffs (huh?!)

They still have ample depth at the guard spots with rubio, exum, hood, burks and Donovan mitchell

Joe ingles can still play 3 positions and play great D with Joe Johnson and thabo there on the wing

The lack of players who can create their own shots consistently will be minimized by Rubio and Snyder's system so its not even that pressing

I hear what you saying but I don't think they have enough to make it to the playoffs in the West. There are a decent amount of teams who are going to be battling it out for playoff spots in the west that on paper got better and also stayed solid.

George Hill and Gordon Heyward will both be missed on the offensive side of the ball as well as Boris Diaw and his once every 10 games playing well. Their rookie guard looked good in summer league but that's summer league so who else is going to pick up the slack on the offensive side of the ball?

I think Synder is a good coach and I like Burks. Mitchell and Rodney Hood is okay. Injuries to a decent amount of teams, Mitchell is gonna really have to ball out or Synder is going to have to have his team running great sets in order to get into the playoffs

Burks coming back
    Good improving and an increased role
    Rubio setting up players alot easier than hill
    Exum improving

I mean yeah the scoring punch from one player is gone but I think the added playmaking, depth and balance can make it so its not such a steep drop off.

Plus defense can turn into offense. But I see what you saying...

GS
    HOU
    SA
    LAC
    OKC
    MIN
    UTA
    DEN
    POR

(MEM is ALWAYS in the mix when I count them out every year)

Actually...hmm that's 9 teams (10 counting grizzlies) I might have to rethink this, maybe utah doesnt make it...It's tight.. I can't call it now

West is tough man lol

• af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    With IT out a few months Bron got a golden opportunity to add another MVP to his resume. He might sit too many games for the voters liking tho.
  • silverfoxx
    Options

Don't understand the Hype with his low iq 3 point 28% shooting ass lol
  • Beta
    Options
    With IT out a few months Bron got a golden opportunity to add another MVP to his resume. He might sit too many games for the voters liking tho.

He might as well over exert himself in the reg season since he ain't winning ?
  • #1hiphopjunki3
    #1hiphopjunki3 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Burks coming back
    Good improving and an increased role
    Rubio setting up players alot easier than hill
    Exum improving

I mean yeah the scoring punch from one player is gone but I think the added playmaking, depth and balance can make it so its not such a steep drop off.

Plus defense can turn into offense. But I see what you saying...

GS
    HOU
    SA
    LAC
    OKC
    MIN
    UTA
    DEN
    POR

(MEM is ALWAYS in the mix when I count them out every year)

Actually...hmm that's 9 teams (10 counting grizzlies) I might have to rethink this, maybe utah doesnt make it...It's tight.. I can't call it now

West is tough man lol

Exactly! The west is tougher than ever. I wouldn't be surprised if the Spurs had a major injury to Kawhi or if some of the younger guys don't step up, that the team misses the playoffs.

I know most are thinking I'm crazy with that assessment but I could honestly see it. Hopefully the young guys step up and Joffrey plays better all around than what he has showed in his NBA career.
  • Beta
    Options
    Lauvergne was solid in Denver I like him I think you'll get the most outta him. I can't picture the spurs missing the playoffs. At worst, being a 6th seed
  • detcatinva
    detcatinva Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Bron not getting anymore mvps. He don't care about that anymore
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

My mvp candidates are kyrie, lebron, greek freak, maybe Wall, in that order