2017 NBA Off Season Thread: Draft & Free Agency & Summer League

Options

Comments

• AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? it

maybe if i just talk ? about the pelicans, they might start doing good b/c trying to remain positive aint did a got damn thing
  • pimped_out_red
    pimped_out_red Members Posts: 894 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AP21 wrote: »
    ? it

maybe if i just talk ? about the pelicans, they might start doing good b/c trying to remain positive aint did a got damn thing

Stay strong brobro. We gonna make it through this!
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    caddo man wrote: »
    They are going all in for Cunningham. I hope they can fit in Anthony Morrow/Shabazz Muhammad at the vet min.

Things you hope you never say regarding your team

This ? a lightskinned Anthony tolliver
  • Beta
    edited September 2017
    Options
    silverfoxx wrote: »
    Beta wrote: »
    caddo man wrote: »
    They are going all in for Cunningham. I hope they can fit in Anthony Morrow/Shabazz Muhammad at the vet min.

Things you hope you never say regarding your team

This ? a lightskinned Anthony tolliver

I wish we was in y'all postion man. I would ? to have Tyler Johnson on his deal.

He would put in work until he gets injured or shot in the chest for yall though
  • NoCanadiansEH
    NoCanadiansEH Members Posts: 6,968 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options

booker hoopin im definitely watching a few of his games this yr
  • Ghost of Jaemooms
    Ghost of Jaemooms Members Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So first there was the article where a "vast majority" of NBA execs and scouts felt the Cavs got the better of Celtics....now this....I didn't write the article....I'm just posting it *shrugs*

IS KYRIE A FRANCHISE STAR? NBA INSIDERS DOUBT IRVING WORTH WHAT CELTICS PAID

Evidence suggests Irving is a flawed star—flaky on defense, indifferent to passing and consumed with a desire to score. (And on his worst days: moody, non-communicative and passive-aggressive.)

Is Irving a Franchise player?

“I have my doubts,” says the longtime scout, a view echoed by numerous coaches, executives and scouts around the league.

“I think it’s fairly clear he’s not,” says one team’s analytics director, pointing to the surprisingly soft trade market for Irving. “The league as a whole agrees he’s not.”

No other team appeared willing to part with an All-Star or a high lottery pick to get Irving. The New York Knicks would not part with third-year big man Kristaps Porzingis. The Phoenix Suns refused to include rookie forward Josh Jackson or scoring whiz Devin Booker.

The scout calls Irving’s playmaking skills “plain vanilla” and “average for a starting point guard.” He says he would be surprised if Irving raised his assist average much in Boston.

And Irving is positively awful defensively, according to just about every available defensive metric—“a train wreck,” in the words of one Cavs official.

The most damning stat is the most basic: The Cavaliers went 4-23 over the last three seasons when James didn’t play. If Irving were truly a franchise star, shouldn’t they have won more? That’s the question everyone around the league asks. :o:o:o:o:o

#NoTalkingDown
    #JustFacts
    #WhatYallSayThemCelticsGonDo?
    #DontWorryItsBookmarked B)
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    4-23

I thought it was better than that.
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options

The Pelicans Frank Jackson has an Exhibit 3: Prior Injury Exclusion in his current contract. The exhibit protects the Pelicans if Jackson has a reoccurring right foot injury. Jackson has two years guaranteed ($2.1M combined) and $506K guaranteed in year 3. New Orleans can eliminate or reduce the compensation owed based on his current injury.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That Celtics perimeter defense bout to be Swiss cheese. They lost two good perimeter defenders. People assume it will be Cavs vs Celtics, but i see the Wizards.
  • Beta
    Options
    The Bulls might be moving on from Payne, as well, and a source close to the situation explained Thursday why that might be best for the -organization. “We knew the second practice [after he was acquired] that he couldn’t play at [an NBA] level,’’ the source said. “The only reason it took two practices was because we thought maybe it was nerves in the first one.

Lol and the thunder took him over oubre and rozier in the lottery

• its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    That Celtics perimeter defense bout to be Swiss cheese. They lost two good perimeter defenders. People assume it will be Cavs vs Celtics, but i see the Wizards.

Swiss cheese huh

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NmLuXGoe6vY

Not only will he be better than Avery he'll be a dpoy candidate for years to come, Crowder's defense is replaceable, with Hayward it was a lateral move defensively maybe even an improvement, then Kyrie>>>IT regardless if he isn't a good defender at 6'3 he's not close to the liability IT is, good try though
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Smart and Rozier didn't go anywhere either
  • ghost!
    ghost! Members Posts: 7,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kyrie/Haywood press conference going on now..

Hyped!
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So whos gona guard lebron
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kyrie give off a real ? ass vibe
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I would say Hayward had the benefit of Gobert if he got beat. Ain't ? like that in Boston. Unless he takes it to another level he's just an ok defender.

Until proven otherwise I don't see Boston being good defensively. Who are they stopping?

A sophomore whose prone to fouling is supposed to be the defensive anchor?
    Tatum has the tools to be good defensively but that's yet to be seen for now he's Melo 2.0
  • Beta
    Options
    ? press conference
  • All5KingDrive
    All5KingDrive Members Posts: 250 ✭✭
    Options
    LeBron still good enough to be the Finals, Bridesmaid

Benedict Derrick
    Midget Zeke
    Some foreign, Center, ? for 6 fouls a game
    Crowder