2017 NBA Off Season Thread: Draft & Free Agency & Summer League

Options

Comments

• BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Watchin the Miami heat on nbatv, whole team full of role players

Let me change that prediction they're a 4(ceiling)-7 seed

I saw that discussion earlier, cavs, Celtics, bucks, wizards and raptors all better that 6 seed prediction is about right
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    im out. Im catching feelings
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Beta wrote: »

@B.D.B. what kind of ? ? is this
  • Beta
    Options

who are you @'in?
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

who are you @'in?

One of the more knowledgeable posters on the ic
  • Beta
    Options
    Not too keen on the raptors once you go outside of the starters
  • O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    https://youtu.be/uDTEFQGOHGM

Hey my Sixers CS fam. Just some scrimmage ? but you can see Ben has crazy potential .
  • joeyfkncrakk
    joeyfkncrakk Members Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Respect Simmons passing and driving ability but he's totally not a willing shooter, he's scared to show his true form
  • O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Respect Simmons passing and driving ability but he's totally not a willing shooter, he's scared to show his true form

Can we let him play some actual nba games before we run with that tag on him? As long as he plays smart, take what the defense gives him and not force shots, i'm cool with that. Lonzo is a willing shooter and he can't shoot so far but I will let him grow before i put him in the broke jumper for life gang.
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    O.G. wrote: »

Hey my Sixers CS fam. Just some scrimmage ? but you can see Ben has crazy potential .

All this ? going to get clamped up because from what I've seen he can't shoot at all
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    didn't expect blake or rudy to b back so early
  • ghost!
    ghost! Members Posts: 7,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    O.G. wrote: »

Looking at that video..i had to stop it and ask....

Why the ? did the sixers gave Amir Johnson a job??

• Nah Son
    Nah Son Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Simmons shooting might become an issue but his other offensive skills are elite his driving, passing, finishing at the rim, speed. He got that court vision that you cant teach and we got enough shooters that he can kick it out to

I hope Furkan Korkmaz can get in the rotation hes a gifted scorer and might become a steal. Looked way more comfortable in the scrimmage than he did in summer league. Needs to put on some weight tho
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    edited October 2017
    Options
    That milos teodosic cat can pass like a mf.Duke should be starting with beverley(let beverley guard pg's),as soon as he came in the game the clippers offense was clickin.

This dude was creating oops/scoring opportunities out of nothin.When/if blake gets injured they can just play gallinari at the 4

Clippers aren't gonna win nothin but it's crazy how balanced their roster is now.

Mad he waited so long to come over all eyes.on Austin rivers and Blake this season

He's not sharing time with Crawford or cp3 he better put numbers up
  • NoCanadiansEH
    NoCanadiansEH Members Posts: 6,968 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    That milos teodosic cat can pass like a mf.Duke should be starting with beverley(let beverley guard pg's),as soon as he came in the game the clippers offense was clickin.

This dude was creating oops/scoring opportunities out of nothin.When/if blake gets injured they can just play gallinari at the 4

Clippers aren't gonna win nothin but it's crazy how balanced their roster is now.

I was watching our preseason game vs clippers that dude is real nice when it comes to his pg skills he can flat out pass the ball man and he doesnt make many mistakes/turnovers either he runs everything within flow and its not forced at all.

Hopefully Delon Wright took notes
  • Nah Son
    Nah Son Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah I cant wait to see how Milos performs in the league. Dude been the best non-nba player in the world for many years imo
  • x the unknown
    x the unknown Members Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BlackAX410 wrote: »
    AX put some money up for that 1V1

Lol u gonna be in Maryland soon? Cuz I'm going to Virginia in December I'll serve you the L in any State tho

what part in va
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Who has a harder time building chemistry early on the season?

OKC with Melo, Westbrook, and PG
    Rockets with Harden and CP3
    Boston with Irving and Hayward

Im leaning with Rockets. If Harden and CP3 work out I think itll be very a effective combo. But history has shown two very ball dominant guards take longer to figure it out.

With OKC, i think PG13 would have fit well without sacrificing much with Westbrook, but with the addition of Melo, PG is gonna have to sacrifice more than he would have if it was just Westbeook. Melo, if he buys in, fits with any player in the league not only because he is really good at catch and shooting, but also cause he is the rare offensive player that is equally effective on the right and left sides of the court. I think with OKC, its more about if their personalities fit and they all buy in more than skillset.

With Boston, I think Hayward will be ok with being the #2 option behind Irving, but the issue is that Irving might want to be the #1, 2, and 3 option. Dude not only loves Iso ball, but he also loves taking and making hard shots. I think they will be ok and figure it out by January.
  • Beta
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I think it's OKC because they have the worst coach out the three.

Westbrook also has to readjust from last season where he had a high usage rate and had nobody to defer to where the 2nd best player was oladipo

He has to defer to PG and Melo whens he feeling it. PG was also shittin on CJ miles for taking a shot while he was double teamed only a few months ago and he usurped the leaders from Danny granger that man is feeling himself. It might be a harder adjustment period than ones might think

Melo will be fine though that ? ? just happy he ain't in a losing situation for the first time in like 3 years
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Options
    What did melo do to hurt you so bad
  • AZTG
    Options
    I think it's OKC because they have the worst coach out the three.

Westbrook also has to readjust from last season where he had a high usage rate and had nobody to defer to where the 2nd best player was oladipo

He has to defer to PG and Melo whens he feeling it. PG was also shittin on CJ miles for taking a shot while he was double teamed only a few months ago and he usurped the leaders from Danny granger that man is feeling himself. It might be a harder adjustment period than ones might think

Melo will be fine though that ? ? just happy he ain't in a losing situation for the first time in like 3 years

Good point about the coaching. I just dont know if Dantoni is that much better at managing personalities than Donovan is, which is what this is gonna turn into. Dantoni does have a system that works though, so that alone makes him better than Donovan.

And yea, we both agree that with OKC its gonna be more about if their personalities mash.
  • Beta
    Options
    I put it more on the fact that Chris Paul is smart enough to make it work. Plus I've seen personally two ball dominant players work before.

D'antoni made nash, marion, amare, etc work but he couldnt make the lakers or knicks work so its ehhh

• AZTG
    Options
    I put it more on the fact that Chris Paul is smart enough to make it work. Plus I've seen personally two ball dominant players work before.

D'antoni made nash, marion, amare, etc work but he couldnt make the lakers or knicks work so its ehhh

Yea dantoni is weird like that. Hes the worst best coach.

His system works well in Houston though, so hes a good coach for them.