2017 NBA Off Season Thread: Draft & Free Agency & Summer League

Options

Comments

• DaBull
    DaBull Members Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TheBoyRo wrote: »
    This could be fun, but who decides captains?

who ever wins the fan vote...top 2 obviously

• TheBoyRo
    TheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DaBull wrote: »
    TheBoyRo wrote: »
    This could be fun, but who decides captains?

who ever wins the fan vote...top 2 obviously

Silly me. But I’m down for the change. People complain about how the game isn’t taken seriously but now it can be competitive for the entire game

• 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    Trying to fix what ain't broken.
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    That's actually ? up in a sense

Now this only about relationships and makes things personal or picking players based on preference...

Bet money kyrie and bron won't be on the same team

They gonna hit up somebody and be like "yo you wanna be an all-star?"

"Nah I'm going on vacation fam I'm good"
  • DaBull
    DaBull Members Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Beta wrote: »

Now this only about relationships and makes things personal or picking players based on preference...

"Nah I'm going on vacation fam I'm good
    "

wtf u talking about???

the 12 all star players will still be selected by players, coaches fans.

from those 12 , the top 2 fan vote getters will choose their team

you cant go on vacation, the league fines you if you miss the all star game once voted in unless u have a real injury.
  • Beta
    edited October 2017
    Options
    DaBull wrote: »
    Beta wrote: »

"Nah I'm going on vacation fam I'm good
    "

wtf u talking about???

the 12 all star players will still be selected by players, coaches fans.

from those 12 , the top 2 fan vote getters will choose their team

you cant go on vacation, the league fines you if you miss the all star game once voted in unless u have a real injury.

Man if you dont sit your angry ass down and watch how you type to me I obviously didn't read into it and am joking

See how elzo answered me? Have some class you ? scoundrel
  • TheBoyRo
    TheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    • The pool of All-Star Game starters will be selected the same way, by a vote of the fans (50%), current players (25%), and select media members (25%). Voters will select the five starters — two guards, three frontcourt players — for each conference.

• The rest of the All-Star teams will again be selected by the coaches, again seven more players from each conference.

• The players who are the top vote-getter in each conference will be selected as the captains (last season that would have been LeBron James and Kevin Durant).

• The remaining eight starters will go into a “starters pool” and the captains will take turns choosing players. They are not bound by conference or anything else — this is like schoolyard pickup.

• The captains will then choose the rest of their teams from the “reserves pool” selected by the coaches, to round out the rosters of 12.

• Once chosen, each team will select a Los Angeles-area charity (this year, because that’s where the game is hosted) or national organization where donations will be used to support local efforts.

• The teams will still be coached by the coach of the team with the best record in each conference 14 days before the game (unless that coach did it the year before, then it goes to the coach of the team with the second-best record).
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I like the idea. At least ill watch now *shrugs*
  • twentyfivelighters
    twentyfivelighters Members Posts: 4,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5th Letter wrote: »

Yeah let's keep watching NBA stars jack up threes for four quarters without any defense. That was entertaining as ?
  • Beta
    Options
    5th Letter wrote: »

Yeah let's keep watching NBA stars jack up threes for four quarters without any defense. That was entertaining as ?

Who says that's not gonna happen? Lol
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Only reason its a good idea is cause the West all stars were gonna be so much more talented.
  • AZTG
    Options
    BlackAX410 wrote: »

I'm not excusing how flagrantly ? that quote was but Tommy like 85 lol each year he says some outlandish ? but that one was the worst. Before that it was Greg steimsma had the same shot blocking timing and skills as bill Russell

Wow. Pause but a pause cant even save that.
  • AZTG
    Options
    BlackAX410 wrote: »

I'm not excusing how flagrantly ? that quote was but Tommy like 85 lol each year he says some outlandish ? but that one was the worst. Before that it was Greg steimsma had the same shot blocking timing and skills as bill Russell

In before @beta defends this ? ?
  • Beta
    Options
    Lol I heard that live but I didn't catch the beginning of his sentence
  • D.D.S.
    D.D.S. Members Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    All Star game is trash anyway. ? need to play hard instead of giving up wide open dunks/layups. That's how they can fix it.
  • Nah Son
    Nah Son Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Only competitive and close all star games I remember watching were in 2001 and 2003

One was AI and Marbury bringing the east back and the other was ? Jermaine O'Neal ? up MJs moment
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @AZTG bruh....would've preferred Frank start but ? KP aggressive, Tim still got the shot, Doug is playing well and these fools found ball movement lol.
  • AZTG
    Options
    iron man1 wrote: »
    @AZTG bruh....would've preferred Frank start but ? KP aggressive, Tim still got the shot, Doug is playing well and these fools found ball movement lol.

Also woulda like Hernan to start. KP in the post looking good. Excited to see Frank now
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Beasley really got his fingernails painted.

Smh
  • AZTG
    Options
    @Iron man1

Highlight for me so far is franks shooting form. His shot looked good in highlight videos but I wanted to see it during the game with defenders closing in and his form is consistent. Glad to see the shot aint broken.