Options
    Andrew Wiggins just signed the $148 mil extension
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    ckfree wrote: »
    Beta wrote: »
    Holiday gonna put up numbers until lavine gets back but even then holiday still gonna eat because grant and valentine ain't that great

Grant serviceable(bench player imo) never was high on valentine(wanted the bulls to draft dejounte murray or others instead )but he can catch n shoot

Dunn looks like marcus smart so I would like the bulls to sign elfrid payton if the magic don't extend him

payton a great playmaking pg but he can't shoot but the bulls have enough shooters so that wouldn't matter then hopefully draft porter jr or bagley

that being said pretty sure orlando extends payton

im disappointed in elfrids defensive abilities or lack thereof at this point in his career

hes strong
    hes athletic
    hes long for an nba pg

theres no reason he cant be an above average nba defender

at least there shouldnt be

but hes been anything but strong defensively and its his defensive basketball iq (especially defending the pnr) that has been just as worrisome for me than just his shooting ability

Yea same here. He that was supposed to be one of his strengths when we drafted him but he's been pretty bad on that end. My biggest gripe with Elf is that his motor runs too hot and cold. He will coast for huge chunks of the game then just turn it on out of no where and look like an all star for 6 mins or so. Hope to see more consistency from him this year.

Worst part our PG situation is if he ends up flopping like that stupid ass hair do were not left with too many options to upgrade the position. This draft is thin in PG talent and we're coming off a draft that was deep at the 1. Not to mention there were good ones moved this summer via trade/FA.
  • ckfree
    ckfree Members Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ckfree wrote: »
    Holiday gonna put up numbers until lavine gets back but even then holiday still gonna eat because grant and valentine ain't that great

Grant serviceable(bench player imo) never was high on valentine(wanted the bulls to draft dejounte murray or others instead )but he can catch n shoot

Dunn looks like marcus smart so I would like the bulls to sign elfrid payton if the magic don't extend him

payton a great playmaking pg but he can't shoot but the bulls have enough shooters so that wouldn't matter then hopefully draft porter jr or bagley

that being said pretty sure orlando extends payton

im disappointed in elfrids defensive abilities or lack thereof at this point in his career

hes strong
    hes athletic
    hes long for an nba pg

theres no reason he cant be an above average nba defender

at least there shouldnt be

but hes been anything but strong defensively and its his defensive basketball iq (especially defending the pnr) that has been just as worrisome for me than just his shooting ability

Yea same here. He that was supposed to be one of his strengths when we drafted him but he's been pretty bad on that end. My biggest gripe with Elf is that his motor runs too hot and cold. He will coast for huge chunks of the game then just turn it on out of no where and look like an all star for 6 mins or so. Hope to see more consistency from him this year.

Worst part our PG situation is if he ends up flopping like that stupid ass hair do were not left with too many options to upgrade the position. This draft is thin in PG talent and we're coming off a draft that was deep at the 1. Not to mention there were good ones moved this summer via trade/FA.

he has all the tools to be a great pg

he is long

crafty

and a good playmaker

but damn he has some paycheck killing weaknesses — i definitely wouldnt want to tie the long term future of the franchise to an inconsistent starting pg with glaring holes in his game but pg is the hardest position to learn — couple that with new schemes, new coaches, no direction

play fast

no play slow

no lets focus on defense

has probably stunted some of his growth or at least delayed what his true potential will be

this year will tell you all you need top know about him
  • D.D.S.
    D.D.S. Members Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How the process failed Jahlil Okafor:

"This past summer, he sank deeper into anonymity. When Joel Embiid christened the 76ers’ young core as the “FEDS,” (Markelle Fultz, Embiid, Dario Saric, Ben Simmons), Okafor’s name was conspicuously absent, despite the fact that he was the third pick in the NBA draft just two years ago. While his teammates posted group photos on Instagram, Okafor swore off social media. As trade rumors swirled — and continue to do so — he stayed mum."

https://www.sbnation.com/2017/10/11/16455504/jahlil-okafor-philadelphia-76ers-trade-the-process

Not surprised. Embiid has a higher ceiling than Okafor. All Okafor do is score lol
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Okafor just needs a new start. Im hoping he gets traded soon and goes somewhere that will give him a chance to develop.
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Knicks signed Trey Burke to a none gauranteed deal.

I like the move. Low risk high reward if it works.

Trey still has enough potential to be a good back up point gaurd.

Knowing his history though, hes probably gonna be in the G league in a few months.
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Trey burke is trash. Just like shabazz napier
  • Beta
    Options
    Power Rankings Right Before the season starts from SI:

30. CHICAGO BULLS

Did you know Quincy Pondexter is on this team? I had no idea.

29. ORLANDO MAGIC

I’ll be patiently waiting on breakout years for Aaron Gordon and Elfrid Payton. Even if they come, it’s doubtful Orlando finishes outside of the league’s bottom five.

28. ATLANTA HAWKS

Atlanta—the winner of one of my favorite games, ‘Where’s Marco Belinelli now?’—has good coaching, but is clearly in rebuilding mode. Their variety of so-so vets should keep them from the absolute bottom of the NBA, but won’t help them much more than that.

27. INDIANA PACERS

This is perhaps the league’s most interesting roster—and that’s not just because it includes Lance Stephenson. They won’t be very good, but they should be compelling, and Indiana just might find one or two guys to hang on to.

26. BROOKLYN NETS

This young team could make a little noise this year with some fun wins, but they’ve got a long road ahead of them as they climb the ranks.

25. NEW YORK KNICKS

Fans will spend the entire season trying to convince themselves Tim Hardaway Jr. is worth all that money, while fawning over Kristaps Porzingis and laughing at Michael Beasley soundbites.

24. SACRAMENTO KINGS

The bottom 10 is pretty much a crapshoot, but it doesn’t seem like the Kings deserve to be any higher than this, because they’re the Kings. At least they have Willie Cauley-Stein.

23. PHOENIX SUNS

With Carmelo Anthony shipped off to Oklahoma, I’d argue Eric Bledsoe is the league’s newest superstar wasting his prime years on a rebuilding team. The 27-year-old guard might find himself in a new city come February, which would further rebuilding efforts in Phoenix. Bledsoe and Devin Booker alone are enough to deserve this spot.

22. L.A. LAKERS

LaVar Ball says Lonzo’s going to carry them to the playoffs, so it’s gonna happen… right? Right? Honestly, stranger things have happened. A young, talented backcourt with Brook Lopez and a slimmed-down Julius Randle? I’m kind of rooting for L.A.

21. DALLAS MAVERICKS

This might be Dirk’s last season, and if it is, Dallas better make it a halfway-decent one.

20. PHILADELPHIA 76ERS

Is Joel Embiid healthy? That’s the burning question facing Philly entering the season. This team should be fun this season, but they might still be one year away from the playoffs.
  • Beta
    Options
    19. DETROIT PISTONS

This seems like it could be a playoff team. It all depends on whether or not Andre Drummond and Reggie Jackson play consistent basketball. Don’t sleep on them.

18. UTAH JAZZ

This is the year Joe Ingles makes an All-NBA team. I’M SURE OF IT.

17. CHARLOTTE HORNETS

Before the injury to Nic Batum, I actually had them a couple spots higher. They have capable role players behind Kemba Walker, and now have Dwight Howard, too. Still not entirely sure why, or what it’s going to look like.

16. MEMPHIS GRIZZLIES

I’m looking forward to the Chandler Parsons resurgence this season. It won’t make or break the Grizz—they’ll still go as Marc Gasol and Mike Conley go—but it’s going to happen.

15. NEW ORLEANS PELICANS

It’s pretty easy to talk yourself into the Pels this season. They’ve got name-brand players like Rajon Rondo and Tony Allen (he counts, right?) coupled with a few stars. This is on you, Alvin Gentry. Help Boogie Cousins prosper.

14. PORTLAND TRAIL BLAZERS

Come here, have a seat. You hear that music in the background? That’s Damian Lillard’s new album. Good, right? Here, drink this. It’s the Jusuf Nurkic Kool-Aid. Now, how are you feeling about these Blazers?

13. DENVER NUGGETS

Could the Nuggets possibly keep up that offensive production that they flashed last season? Well, I’m not so sure Wilson Chandler is going to compete for Sixth Man Of The Year again, but this team does have an abundance of potent offensive players.

12. MIAMI HEAT

Ah, yes, we’ve reached the highly-controversial tier of the rankings. Do hot streaks like the one the Heat rode on last season always carry over? Nope, in fact, they rarely do. Just as Dion Waiters bet on himself last season, though, I am betting on Dion Waiters this season. Hassan Whiteside has grown into a legitimate weapon, and Goran Dragic is still around. That’s a big three if I’ve ever seen one. Mix in (hopefully!) a full season of Justise Winslow and some more steady contributions from James Johnson and you’ve got a squad here. I’m really in love with them, for some odd reason. I realize the wagon I’ve hitched myself to.

11. L.A. CLIPPERS

I get made fun of for saying this all the time, but Blake Griffin has been a legitimate MVP candidate the past couple of seasons when healthy. Without Chris Paul, he’ll have the opportunity to take over this team, though he’ll now be catching lobs from Patrick Beverley and Austin Rivers. I say he continues to round out his game (perhaps shoots more threes?), Danilo Gallinari averages 18 per game again and the Clippers mess around and finish fifth in the West.

10. MILWAUKEE BUCKS

It seems like we’ve been getting way too excited about the Bucks way too early, but this could be the year they make it out of the first round! Giannis Antetokounmpo is now beginning to hit jumpers, and if he can have the MVP-caliber season many hope he can, the pieces around him should fill in nicely. Oh, also: All aboard the Thon Maker train. Remember, he is Batman.

• Beta
    Options
    9. WASHINGTON WIZARDS

The talent in the backcourt is undeniable, but I still have some questions. Just how good is Otto Porter? And how does Markieff Morris mix in after missing training camp and preseason?

8. MINNESOTA TIMBERWOLVES

As soon as Jimmy Butler gave out his actual phone number, I knew this would be a special season. As long as Thibs doesn’t run Karl-Anthony Towns into the ground (always a possibility!) this team should have no issue playing well on both sides of the ball.

All eyes will likely be on Andrew Wiggins, who is stuck in one of the strangest extension negotiations I’ve ever seen. First, the Timberwolves reportedly wanted him to promise he’d improve (who wouldn’t for all that money!). Next, they were closing in on an agreement before the start of camp. Now he’s saying he’s in “no rush” to sign. He’d better sign this damn thing before he suffers the wrath of Tom Thibodeau’s rotation.

7. TORONTO RAPTORS

Ben Golliver ranked DeMar DeRozan No. 36 in his Top 100 this season, so you can bet your bottom dollar he’s dominating this season. DeMarre Carroll is spending most of his time at the Park Slope Co-Op these days, but other than that the Raptors will return most of their core. They still have the league’s largest collection of anonymous twenty-somethings on the bench, and I’m anticipating one or two of them become…not…anonymous…this season. Maybe it’s Bruno Caboclo!

6. BOSTON CELTICS

The last time Kyrie Irving inherited his own team, he was 19. NINETEEN. And he still averaged 19, 5 and 4. I’m not knocking him for doing nothing with his own team as he matured into an adult, and neither should you. This time around, he’s old enough to rent a car, he’s got championship experience and he’s also got incredible talent all around him. Speaking of, was there a more underrated move this offseason than the acquisition of Marcus Morris? Boy, this Celtics team is going to eat.

5. SAN ANTONIO SPURS

They still have the same core. They still have the same coach. Yes, this offseason has produced some incredibly compelling teams in the top 10, but the Spurs aren’t going anywhere. This could be Kawhi’s MVP season.

4. OKLAHOMA CITY THUNDER

Somehow, without giving up much of consequence, the Thunder are here. They are a top-five team in the NBA again, with three legitimate stars: Russell Westbrook, Paul George and Raymond Felton. I kid, but seriously, how great will it be to see third quarter minutes from Ray come April? Can’t wait.

I’ve doubted the players around Russell Westbrook for some time, but I’ve come to realize it really doesn’t matter. He’s going to carry them to the playoffs, no matter what. Melo and Paul George will take this team from good to great.

3. HOUSTON ROCKETS

It’s hard to believe that, as good as they were last season, the Rockets just got even better. Not only did they add Chris Paul, but more importantly they added P.J. Tucker, who was a real difference-maker for the Raptors down the stretch last season. I still don’t see a way any team outside of the Warriors and Cavs outscore them, and now with Tucker and Paul in the fray, their defense gets a bump.

2. CLEVELAND CAVALIERS

There are a lot of factors in play here, but the biggest one is obviously LeBron James. They’ll struggle a bit to score a bit without Kyrie Irving, but perhaps this just opens up more shots for the potent shooters on this team. We saw in Game 4 of the Finals just how ridiculous their attack from three can be.

And count me among the believers in 35-year-old Dwyane Wade. Whenever they decide they want to fully unleash Flash, they’ll ascend to another level. He’ll spend a hefty amount of the regular season resting those legs, but he’ll be ready when Ty Lue needs him. The possibility of big D-Wade minutes gives them a boost in these rankings.

1. GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS

Golden State won it all in year one of the Durant era, which saw its fair share of growing pains and frustrating losses during the regular season. Things will only get tougher for the rest of the league with a more cohesive core of players, and a post-China Klay Thompson
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    D.D.S. wrote: »
    How the process failed Jahlil Okafor:

"This past summer, he sank deeper into anonymity. When Joel Embiid christened the 76ers’ young core as the “FEDS,” (Markelle Fultz, Embiid, Dario Saric, Ben Simmons), Okafor’s name was conspicuously absent, despite the fact that he was the third pick in the NBA draft just two years ago. While his teammates posted group photos on Instagram, Okafor swore off social media. As trade rumors swirled — and continue to do so — he stayed mum."

https://www.sbnation.com/2017/10/11/16455504/jahlil-okafor-philadelphia-76ers-trade-the-process

Not surprised. Embiid has a higher ceiling than Okafor. All Okafor do is score lol

Thanks man

giphy.gif

@Beta I wish nothing but suffering for your Heat squad brother. We may have our ups and downs but ? the Heat and the Bulls @Tommy bilfiger =)<3

I'ma Caw Cawing ass ? and I'll say it PROUD.

https://youtu.be/077iFu5Ax-c
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AZTG wrote: »

Knowing his history though, hes probably gonna be in the G league in a few months.

Rumors that Lance and Quinn may be getting calls has been happening today as well. Burke no idea until I see how the final line-up looks.
  • Beta
    Options
    J rich looks great =)
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    J rich looks great =)

Who?
  • Beta
    Options
    J rich looks great =)

Who?

Nobody can name a bench player on the raptors besides CJ miles

• joeyfkncrakk
    joeyfkncrakk Members Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kyrie's Revenge
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Beta couldve just linked those damn power rankings
  • Beta
    Options
    Beta couldve just linked those damn power rankings

You right, my fault
  • MillzOG
    MillzOG Members, Moderators Posts: 14,508 Regulator
    Options
    AZTG wrote: »

Bruh that ? sucks, he gon be in the g league
  • TheBossman
    TheBossman Members Posts: 19,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    embiid dominated in 7 minutes, no limping. that's all I needed to see.