"You cannot say Black Lives Matter and then ? yourselves" - Stevie Wonder

Options

Comments

• Beech Oss Neega
    Beech Oss Neega Members Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Swiffness! wrote: »
    Are the ones killing each other the same ones yelling BLM? If so that's news to me...

cacs have turned "Black Lives Matter" into a catch-all for any and all black people they're afraid of, as far as they're concerned, any ? not waving a Confederate Flag in a MAGA hat is "BLM".

And we fall right into that trap in general. America has made it so that somehow black people look at ourselves as one sentient being with one singular conscious and that we all are on the hook for whatever crime that some random ? ? commits just because we share the same skin tone....yet that never happens to whites.

Black people, my people, it's time to realize that no matter WHAT we do, good or bad they're gonna have a problem with it.

Still...it's time for good black people to separate ourselves from the ? out here. Don't shed tears for ? ? that die or go to jail for doing ? ? ? .

With that being said the only way to stop these ignorant ? from killing each other and random innocent people is by sterilizing their punk ? ? and locking violent offenders up and throwing away the key.
  • bambu
    bambu Members Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • SolemnSauce
    SolemnSauce Members Posts: 15,860 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bout to be a lotta

gsefyp520cmr.png
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Chi Snow
    Chi Snow Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 28,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nobody above reproached b

Wrong ? is wrong regardless of whose mouth it comes from
    Are the ones killing each other the same ones yelling BLM? If so that's news to me...

cacs have turned "Black Lives Matter" into a catch-all for any and all black people they're afraid of, as far as they're concerned, any ? not waving a Confederate Flag in a MAGA hat is "BLM".

And we fall right into that trap in general. America has made it so that somehow black people look at ourselves as one sentient being with one singular conscious and that we all are on the hook for whatever crime that some random ? ? commits just because we share the same skin tone....yet that never happens to whites.

Black people, my people, it's time to realize that no matter WHAT we do, good or bad they're gonna have a problem with it.

Still...it's time for good black people to separate ourselves from the ? out here. Don't shed tears for ? ? that die or go to jail for doing ? ? ? .

With that being said the only way to stop these ignorant ? from killing each other and random innocent people is by sterilizing their punk ? ? and locking violent offenders up and throwing away the key.
    Basically this.

We been conditioned to feel like at all times we represent the whole when that ain't the reality
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    caddo man wrote: »
    I dont see what he said that was wrong.

He pretty much saying, Dont scream BLM and then turn around and ? another brother.

I love how they are implying what he said instead of just listening to what he said.

Nothing wrong except those saying BLM are not doing the killing. Those protesting are not murderers so his comment is pointless.
  • VulcanRaven
    Options
    Copper wrote: »

He pretty much saying, Dont scream BLM and then turn around and ? another brother.

I love how they are implying what he said instead of just listening to what he said.

The same people who organize against police brutality arent the same ones committing drive by's.

Is the fact that gang violence and police brutality arent related such a difficult concept to grasp?

Dont complain about philando bc gangs in Chicago.

Man it amazes me just how many people don't understand this simple and obvious fact. Like I never realized how many people lack common sense seriously.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Bruh. Stop it. ? still mad at white folks from 70 years ago and 200 years ago for ? they wasn't even born for. All cops get labeled because a few are ? ? .

That generalizing ? ain't just something white people do.
  • VulcanRaven
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Nothing he said was wrong.

Dont see why we cant have two completely different conversations addressing two seperate but equally important issues.

Both issues need to be resolved.

Cant blame whitey for all the damn ? moments.

His message should have been directed at the right audience. Go talk directly to gangs, drug dealers and those in prison. Not to the entire community. No one is going to group me into some ? I am not apart of. I don't care who they are.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Black on black violence would reduce if there were no lack of resources. So at the end of the day it comes back to the same thing..
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • VulcanRaven
    Options

Dont see why we cant have two completely different conversations addressing two seperate but equally important issues.

His message should have been directed at the right audience. Go talk directly to gangs, drug dealers and those in prison. Not to the entire community. No one is going to group me into some ? I am not apart of. I don't care who they are.

Because suburban ass black kids try to emulate dumb ? ? ?

Just wait till your kids get to the age where your message conflicts with what the media and music tells them... Juuuuuuuuusssst wait
    No kids but all my nieces and nephews stay out of trouble. Still his message needs to be directed at the right people. Blacks are not autonomous.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • VulcanRaven
    Options

Because suburban ass black kids try to emulate dumb ? ? ?

Just wait till your kids get to the age where your message conflicts with what the media and music tells them... Juuuuuuuuusssst wait
    No kids but all my nieces and nephews stay out of trouble. Still his message needs to be directed at the right people. Blacks are not autonomous.
    Dont count, you get to give them back at the end of the day.

Dont worry, you'll see.

Most of them are grown and living their own lives. Never been in any trouble despite where they live at.
  • VulcanRaven
    Options
    kzzl wrote: »

Thats was some if the shoe fits talk. Youre the one lumping yourself in with that crowd. The ? blind for ? sake, how he gonna point someone out.

When people make a general statement that is lumping me in too.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

The same people who organize against police brutality arent the same ones committing drive by's.

Is the fact that gang violence and police brutality arent related such a difficult concept to grasp?

Dont complain about philando bc gangs in Chicago.

You're adding your own perceptions to his statement. He didn't make his comments solely to organizers. It was directed at the community as a whole. He also didn't say anything about not complaining about the outside forces that hurt the community. He only stated that we should also reinforce the BLM mantra by working harder to end the violence within our community.

I get that racists try to use black on black crime to undermine the efforts of groups like BLM, and so it's fair to reject the "what about black on black crime" defense from many people. However, black on black crime is a problem, and you can shoot down everyone who suggests we work on it internally as well.

Black on black crime cam be its on topic.

You dont ever have to stop the conversation on equality or police brutality to discuss that.

Literally, no one is suggesting that though. The sentiment is actually more the opposite though. He's saying that we shouldn't get so caught up in the fight against external agents that we overlook the fact that we have work to do internally too. It's not that people aren't outraged about black on black crime, but let's be honest, heinous hood murders don't receive nearly as much attention or outrage from us as cop shootings. Even on here that's true. If a topic about some crazy ? in hood pops up, it might 3 or 4 pages before it disappears. The cop shooting threads will go 10+ easy.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options