HBO: The Defiant Ones - Dr Dre and Jimmy Iovine Documentary

Options

Comments

• moyo
    moyo Members Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah him and DJ yella. I got a lil ? off "Something in my heart" back in high school. Lol
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    Dre used some of Iovines vocals from this doc on Compton :joy:
  • gee757
    gee757 Members Posts: 26,374
    Options
    TheGOAT wrote: »
    Puffy said on Drink Champs Suge was talkin about Jermaine Dupri at the Source Awards not him.

But in this doc (ep3) he looks extra salty when they play the footage and he admits Suge was talkin about him and he was ? .

Puff is only saying that cuz Simon is locked up & really can't do ? ...but if suge was out I highly doubt diddy would say that when he admitted suge was talking about him that night @ the source awards
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jimmy Iovine gotta respect the Eloheim
  • Stew
    Options
    Jimmy Iovine gotta respect the Eloheim

And I'm sure he does all things considering.
  • Stew
    Options
    LOL at the real story behind why Cube wrote ? The Police compares to the NWA movie

mbwzlpqex3n8.gif

:joy: I get it tho. Wouldn't of made for a good scene in the movie. Welcome to the world of entertainment but still legit either way.
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just got done watching all 4 eps

Loved it

Makes me wish VH1 would start making Behind The Music and stop doing whatever the ? they on these days

And respect to Jimmy Iovine but all his ? coulda been cut.

But now so many collabs make sense that seem left field....

Kendrick & U2

Dre w/ Gwen Stefani & Eve (let me blow your mind)

Eminem & Marilyn Manson

...Jimmy Iovine is the common thread
  • Stew
    edited July 2017
    Options

Loved it

Makes me wish VH1 would start making Behind The Music and stop doing whatever the ? they on these days

Kendrick & U2

Eminem & Marilyn Manson

You're being naive to the big picture with that bolded comment(i did almost fall asleep to a segment of his tho :joy:). U can't make a Dre story without Iovine post NWA. Documentary is brilliant. ? don't know ? about him other than him being white, Jewish and a record exec and this explained much more than that. ? about the music. Be bigger than Hip Hop, He said "these guys remind me of the Rolling Stones" and signed them when nobody else would, made history. And not just Dre and Snoop, NIN, Marylin Manson and Pac and gave 0 ? about the media. Dude is a ? genius
  • TheGOAT
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Stew wrote: »

Loved it

Kendrick & U2

Eminem & Marilyn Manson

You're being naive to the big picture with that bolded comment(i did almost fall asleep to a segment of his tho :joy:). U can't make a Dre story without Iovine post NWA. Documentary is brilliant. ? don't know ? about him other than him being white, Jewish and a record exec and this explained much more than that. ? about the music. Be bigger than Hip Hop, He said "these guys remind me of the Rolling Stones" and signed them when nobody else would, made history. And not just Dre and Snoop, NIN, Marylin Manson and Pac and gave 0 ? about the media. Dude is a ? genius

Yea i respect all that but every segment of his i was just counting down to when Dre & NWA would be back on the screen.

But he did deal with huge acts like U2, Springstien, John Lennon, Stevie Nicks... But honestly i dont know ? about any of their music so i was bored on those segments. And the Marylin Manson & 9 Inch Nails segments were annoying as ? with that music.

My girl was watching episode 2 with me and everytime it cut to Iovines parts she would get ? lol.
  • lordstanley
    lordstanley Members Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The story about dre coming up with the name for the headphones was funny as ?
    Dre: " let's call it beats "
    Jimmy: "that's it!" (Gets up and leaves)
  • lordstanley
    lordstanley Members Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cube ain't ? for mimicking doc ? up voice in that interview dee Barnes got beat up over haha
  • TheGOAT
    Options
    The story about dre coming up with the name for the headphones was funny as ?
    Dre: " let's call it beats "
    Jimmy: "that's it!" (Gets up and leaves)

Whats funny is the whole idea sparked from a shoe company tryn sign Dre to an endorsment deal.
  • TheGOAT
    Options
    Cube ain't ? for mimicking doc ? up voice in that interview dee Barnes got beat up over haha
    0wut8t0afpu2.png
  • Stew
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Stew wrote: »

Loved it

Kendrick & U2

Eminem & Marilyn Manson

Yea i respect all that but every segment of his i was just counting down to when Dre & NWA would be back on the screen.

But he did deal with huge acts like U2, Springstien, John Lennon, Stevie Nicks... But honestly i dont know ? about any of their music so i was bored on those segments. And the Marylin Manson & 9 Inch Nails segments were annoying as ? with that music.

My girl was watching episode 2 with me and everytime it cut to Iovines parts she would get ? lol.

That's the thing. It may be boring cause we don't listen to their music but If the dude never goes thru any of that, their relationship never happens and The Chronic/? /Death Row etc... is likely never to see the light of day or at least not promoted like it was and reach the world. That's why it's a brilliant film. I never even knew dude was a producer/engineer.

EP 4 isn't on my Kodi yet. Try to find it tmrw
  • rickmogul
    rickmogul Members Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Haven't had an opportunity to peep yet. Riddle me this. Did they touch on Iovine's singing days? I'll always remember how I got introduced 2 em. He was the one who made the song : "Jesus was a ? ." Or some real crzay ? like off the wall disrespectful. He's a POW ( Piece of Work) but comes off very cantankerous personally​.
  • rickmogul
    edited July 2017
    Options
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Revolver Ocelot Members Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Puffy said on Drink Champs Suge was talkin about Jermaine Dupri at the Source Awards not him.

But in this doc (ep3) he looks extra salty when they play the footage and he admits Suge was talkin about him and he was ? .

Slim when I seen that ? , wit the look in his eyes and that recent Goons of the Industry joint, I was like yeah he put a hit out on Pac and Suge.

• Revolver Ocelot
    Revolver Ocelot Members Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Them Jimmy Iovine parts where interesting to me.

Plus them backyard football games looked fun as ? .
  • fortyacres
    fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,480 Regulator
    Options
    lol at Tom Petty being salty at Iovine and Stevie Nick's relationship .
  • rickmogul
    edited July 2017
    Options
    @C.Rossi Whoa, whoa fam! That would have been telling the truth, origin of the Chronic! Can't have the truth being exposed like that. Hutch was / is that dude.
  • Stew
    Options
    C.Rossi wrote: »

U not gonna watch it cause he wasn't mentioned?
  • C.Rossi
    C.Rossi Members Posts: 10 ✭✭
    Options
    @Stew Naw imma still watch lol...its just ah shame Hutch still aint getting his credit til this day