Who are the most overrated NFL players?

Options

Comments

• BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://boards.dallascowboys.com/topic/65137-i-am-sick-of-dez-hes-overrated/page-2

Similar thoughts I've stated with dez already from a cowboy forum. Poor route running, disappearing acts, Hella drops and Hella receivers passed him up @Olorun22 you think dez is better then the guys I named earlier?
  • tupacfan12
    tupacfan12 Members Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Options
    But y'all gotta look at the offense he's playing in now which is a more physical, run-first type offense. When Romo was there they were more of a pass-happy offense and was more willing to throw the ball downfield which played a role in Dez, Austin & Beasley putting up good numbers. Since the O-Line was revamped now it's pretty much run or bust for the Cowboys, Dez is more of a decoy than anything else nowadays. Injuries have bogged him down, and yes there were games where he didn't play to his potential, but you can't place ALL those declining numbers on Dez.
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    Not all but I don't consider him an elite receiver. How many games has dez taken over and dominated? When it's crunch time cowboys usually hit witten
  • tupacfan12
    tupacfan12 Members Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Options
    BlackAX410 wrote: »
    Not all but I don't consider him an elite receiver. How many games has dez taken over and dominated? When it's crunch time cowboys usually hit witten
    He was crucial in games verses the Packers, Redskins, Vikings, Eagles and Steelers they wouldn't win those games if it wasn't for Dez but he hasn't been consistent like those other receivers cause again, injuries have bogged him down.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dez is elite and all of us would want him on our team... all that other stuff is situational semantics
  • bow to royalty
    bow to royalty Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    Dez is elite and all of us would want him on our team... all that other stuff is situational semantics

We know he WAS elite. But it's 2017, and all we can say about him is "Remember 3+ years ago?" And excuses for poor production. He may still have it, but he needs to prove it again. I'd want him on my team, but not with the contract he has.
  • CoolJoe
    CoolJoe Members Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Crazy that a receiver can put up the numbers Dez has logged the last couple years and somehow still be considered elite.
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »

We know he WAS elite. But it's 2017, and all we can say about him is "Remember 3+ years ago?" And excuses for poor production. He may still have it, but he needs to prove it again. I'd want him on my team, but not with the contract he has.

Lol word ? in here acting like we said he's trash, I just don't feel he's elite and the capes are hilarious
  • joeyfkncrakk
    joeyfkncrakk Members Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mohammad Sanu
    Tavon Austin

All hype no real numbers
  • All5KingDrive
    All5KingDrive Members Posts: 250 ✭✭
    Options
    Jameis Winston
  • bow to royalty
    Options
    Jameis Winston

Haha ya ok
  • bow to royalty
    Options
    Mohammad Sanu
    Tavon Austin

All hype no real numbers

I didn't hear too much about Austin besides he may be a bust and didn't deserve his contract
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mohammad Sanu
    Tavon Austin

All hype no real numbers

Nobody rates them highly
  • PanchoYoSancho
    PanchoYoSancho Members Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Dez has underperformed the last 2 years even when he's been on the field, but you gotta keep it in context. He and Romo were the perfect match. When he came back from injury last year he and Dak were still meshing together. Dak missed Dez on a lot of deep throws and checked down a lot of passes when Dez was open down field. Not counting the last reg season game where they played 2 drives together, Dez performed 7 outta 9 games. And he destroyed Green Bay's secondary in the playoffs.
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Are other WR better yeah, but You still got worry bout Dez though..
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Laveon Bell easily.
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    silverfoxx wrote: »
    Laveon Bell easily.

Explain this
  • bow to royalty
    Options
    nujerz84 wrote: »

True, but that's not enough. A lot of great former players may still give you that fear of "any moment he may make a big play", but the problem is that big play doesn't come, or doesn't come often enough. A team could sign Moss tomorrow, and there'd still be a sense of "watch out for him" all the time. But when the season ended, you'd see he hadn't done much.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why ? acting like Dez numbers haven't affected by his injuries and his QB's (Romo).
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    Why ? acting like Dez numbers haven't affected by his injuries and his QB's (Romo).

Because we named other receivers with poor QB play that
    Still put up 1,000 yards. The cape for dez is strong lol if he doesn't deliver y'all in trouble
  • All5KingDrive
    All5KingDrive Members Posts: 250 ✭✭
    Options
    Dez ain't no Top 5 Wideout
    He Top 5 talent
    No doubt about that
    From Romo to Prescott it don't matter the QB
    Dez ain't Top 5
  • PanchoYoSancho
    PanchoYoSancho Members Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

True, but that's not enough. A lot of great former players may still give you that fear of "any moment he may make a big play", but the problem is that big play doesn't come, or doesn't come often enough. A team could sign Moss tomorrow, and there'd still be a sense of "watch out for him" all the time. But when the season ended, you'd see he hadn't done much.

Are you really comparing Dez to a 40 year old who hasnt played in 5 years? Lol Chiiilll
  • bow to royalty
    Options

Are you really comparing Dez to a 40 year old who hasnt played in 5 years? Lol Chiiilll

Didn't say their talent level is the same. I said just because a defense watches for you doesn't mean you're a great receiver. Dez has been closer to 40 year old Moss than Brown or Julio lately
  • natural born sinners
    natural born sinners Members Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tom Brady, Eli Manning, Ben Rothilsberger, Drew brees, Joe Flacco, PHilip Rivers, Andrew Luck

How's Eli or Flacco overrated, them ? known to be average QBs. You trolling calling a 5 time super bowl champion QB overrated and drew brees been legit for a loooooong time
  • Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

When was Green doing what Dez is doing? Dude missed 6 games last year, and was only 36 yards from 1,000. Where's the years where Green wasn't putting in work?

8v3i4bh6lhhg.jpg

A straw man is a common form of argument and is an informal fallacy based on giving the impression of refuting an opponent's argument, while refuting an argument that was not presented by that opponent

People need to know how to read because people giving you reaction on a strawman lol

Now let get down to what i'm talking about when someone get hurt and they drop down in the ranking most of the time and you can use any player really it doesn't have to be a wr

https://www.si.com/nfl/2014/07/28/top-wide-receivers-calvin-johnson-dez-bryant

Aj is 2nd in 2014

https://www.si.com/nfl/2015/07/30/position-rankings-wide-receivers-dez-bryant-antonio-brown

aj is 6 in 2015 he missed 6 games

Hell you can even go to the nfl top 100 you see players drop. Jordy was rank high until he got hurt and drop down now hes is back up after the 2016 season