Who are the most overrated NFL players?

Options

Comments

• Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Tommy bilfiger ? you talk about people clicking reaction but you in this ? clicking away. You don't even like football
  • Olorun22
    Options
    BlackAX410 wrote: »
    Lmao that's a lot of feelings, I never claimed to be a football guru ever, it didn't take that to realize Dez has a problem with drops. I'm on the what have you done for me lately boat and your man's has regressed.

AB, Julio, odell, AJ Green, Mike Evans, Baldwin, landry, hopkins, TY hilton, Fitz, Garcon, cooper, diggs, maclin, marshall, tate, demaryius have been better then your mans over the past 2 seasons.

Come back with facts and not feelings cuz I'm on the verge of pulling up stats and really gonna embarrass you In front of all these people

Duh, you're going to have better stats then a player who has missed a lot of games the past 2 seasons. Where is this embarrassment again? You do know I know stats too right? you're not the only one with google

You're not even talking football to be honest you just check for stats as if that is it when it comes to being double have a plan to actually stop you and What defensive coordinator have game plans to stop gracon diggs maclin tate ? none. And these are the guys you want to say is better than dez? so according to you Dez is the 18 best wr in the league?
  • Olorun22
    Options
    http://boards.dallascowboys.com/topic/65137-i-am-sick-of-dez-hes-overrated/page-2

Similar thoughts I've stated with dez already from a cowboy forum. Poor route running, disappearing acts, Hella drops and Hella receivers passed him up @Olorun22 you think dez is better then the guys I named earlier?

You sound silly bruh 17 wrs better than dez lol. We already know dez route running isn't great its been that way for awhile.
  • Olorun22
    edited September 2017
    Options
    CoolJoe wrote: »
    Crazy that a receiver can put up the numbers Dez has logged the last couple years and somehow still be considered elite.

As a cowboys fan I'm not calling dez elite because he been injury I want to see how him and dak play because they wasn't on the same page last year. DEz been hurt and he look sluggish coming back. He didn't look regular until december
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dez is not elite anymore.

• bow to royalty
    bow to royalty Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Olorun22 wrote: »

When was Green doing what Dez is doing? Dude missed 6 games last year, and was only 36 yards from 1,000. Where's the years where Green wasn't putting in work?

8v3i4bh6lhhg.jpg

A straw man is a common form of argument and is an informal fallacy based on giving the impression of refuting an opponent's argument, while refuting an argument that was not presented by that opponent

People need to know how to read because people giving you reaction on a strawman lol

Now let get down to what i'm talking about when someone get hurt and they drop down in the ranking most of the time and you can use any player really it doesn't have to be a wr

https://www.si.com/nfl/2014/07/28/top-wide-receivers-calvin-johnson-dez-bryant

Aj is 2nd in 2014

https://www.si.com/nfl/2015/07/30/position-rankings-wide-receivers-dez-bryant-antonio-brown

aj is 6 in 2015 he missed 6 games

Hell you can even go to the nfl top 100 you see players drop. Jordy was rank high until he got hurt and drop down now hes is back up after the 2016 season

Straw man? You bring up Green for comparison, and I post Green's career, asking for the similarities, and that's a straw man argument? If I say Dez has been disappointing, and can't put up 1,000 yards, or even be on pace to get 1,000...why did you bring up Green for comparison when that doesn't apply to him?

I'm talking about production...objective information. You're talking about a subjective SI ranking. Hurt players can still produce.
  • Olorun22
    Options

When was Green doing what Dez is doing? Dude missed 6 games last year, and was only 36 yards from 1,000. Where's the years where Green wasn't putting in work?

8v3i4bh6lhhg.jpg

A straw man is a common form of argument and is an informal fallacy based on giving the impression of refuting an opponent's argument, while refuting an argument that was not presented by that opponent

People need to know how to read because people giving you reaction on a strawman lol

Now let get down to what i'm talking about when someone get hurt and they drop down in the ranking most of the time and you can use any player really it doesn't have to be a wr

Aj is 2nd in 2014

https://www.si.com/nfl/2015/07/30/position-rankings-wide-receivers-dez-bryant-antonio-brown

Hell you can even go to the nfl top 100 you see players drop. Jordy was rank high until he got hurt and drop down now hes is back up after the 2016 season

Straw man? You bring up Green for comparison, and I post Green's career, asking for the similarities, and that's a straw man argument? If I say Dez has been disappointing, and can't put up 1,000 yards, or even be on pace to get 1,000...why did you bring up Green for comparison when that doesn't apply to him?

I'm talking about production...objective information. You're talking about a subjective SI ranking. Hurt players can still produce.

I didn't compare green to dez career stats which make your post a strawman. I brought up green because he got hurt and fell down on people list..like I said before it doesn't have to be green it can be a player that has gotten hurt.

Rating someone is subjective and your thread is subjective. Plus, I was just illustrating what I was talking about.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tooooooooooooooom Brady
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tooooooooooooooom Brady

He not overrated but the wash is around the corner.
    Father Time lookin at him like
    5k22c8bo07ev.gif
  • Olorun22
    Options
    Tooooooooooooooom Brady

He not overrated but the wash is around the corner.
    Father Time lookin at him like
    5k22c8bo07ev.gif

He doesn't do anything better than Aaron Rodgers but he's better than arod
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lmao that's a lot of feelings, I never claimed to be a football guru ever, it didn't take that to realize Dez has a problem with drops. I'm on the what have you done for me lately boat and your man's has regressed.

AB, Julio, odell, AJ Green, Mike Evans, Baldwin, landry, hopkins, TY hilton, Fitz, Garcon, cooper, diggs, maclin, marshall, tate, demaryius have been better then your mans over the past 2 seasons.

Come back with facts and not feelings cuz I'm on the verge of pulling up stats and really gonna embarrass you In front of all these people

Duh, you're going to have better stats then a player who has missed a lot of games the past 2 seasons. Where is this embarrassment again? You do know I know stats too right? you're not the only one with google

You're not even talking football to be honest you just check for stats as if that is it when it comes to being double have a plan to actually stop you and What defensive coordinator have game plans to stop gracon diggs maclin tate ? none. And these are the guys you want to say is better than dez? so according to you Dez is the 18 best wr in the league?

Lol your mans needs to work on getting open, those guys have been better recently and have higher then a 48% catch rate on targets
  • texasdaking88
    texasdaking88 Members Posts: 6,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How is dez overrated again?

Only caught 48% of his targets, worst in the NFL. Also had multiple drops in clutch moments. I've said he's been overrated for the past 2-3 years other receivers surpassed him, he's still solid just not a top 10 receiver anymore

Here we go... he's not a top ten wr anymore..so youre admitting he was a top wr but he was overrated 2-3 years and 3 years ago he had 16 tds but he was overrated lol

He was top 10 at 1 point, then I noticed his regression and high drop rate. I said a few years ago he has plenty of games where he starts off fast then fades away. Just like that thanksgiving game last year he was talking like he fried Norman and he had like 3 catches for 38 yards. I've had this discussion with you before dude took a few years to get going I think it took a season and a half maybe more before he got his first 100 yard game. Dez isn't an elite receiver and hasn't been for a few years

? , you didn't notice no high drop rate you have to be told that stat. Don't trying to come off like you some football guru. Nobody is overeating dez tho that why I want to know what y'all get this from. He's been hurt the past two season and he drop off of people board.

Who has called dez a top 5 wr the past couple of season?

When aj green was getting hurt nobdy talk about him and that's how the game goes.. does have anything to do with the skill of the player.

Saying someone is overrated is based on skills.

Now, as far as dez 100 games goes .. I can tell when people doesn't watch the cowboys. People act like dez is the only guy on the team. He has played with miles Austin, Roy Williams, Jason witten, Cole Beasley Marcellus Bennett and has been in. Run first offense the past 3 season. Hes not about to get the targets like lbj Julio ab and green

8v3i4bh6lhhg.jpg

Ion Know what that ? talking bout... Green might be hurt but he rarely misses games... And he still torches the ? out of ? .. Especially my squad
  • bow to royalty
    Options

8v3i4bh6lhhg.jpg

Aj is 2nd in 2014

I didn't compare green to dez career stats which make your post a strawman. I brought up green because he got hurt and fell down on people list..like I said before it doesn't have to be green it can be a player that has gotten hurt.

Rating someone is subjective and your thread is subjective. Plus, I was just illustrating what I was talking about.

They're different. Green never stopped doing work. Dez has for 2 straight years. You can't compare Dez to anyone who has produced. Green is talked about like a beast, and he beasts on people. Dez is talked about like a beast, and he hasn't backed it up since 2014. That's what overrated is.
  • Olorun22
    Options

8v3i4bh6lhhg.jpg

Aj is 2nd in 2014

They're different. Green never stopped doing work. Dez has for 2 straight years. You can't compare Dez to anyone who has produced. Green is talked about like a beast, and he beasts on people. Dez is talked about like a beast, and he hasn't backed it up since 2014. That's what overrated is.

You stupid bro. Wasn't my argument at all and you continue to talk like it was..good day sir
  • Olorun22
    Options

Lol your mans needs to work on getting open, those guys have been better recently and have higher then a 48% catch rate on targets

You don't have ? over there Saddam Hussein acting like you have bombs over there.. You said the same ? every page.. bro the ic has been waiting on you to embarrass me and this is what you say smh 4 pages tho
  • bow to royalty
    Options

8v3i4bh6lhhg.jpg

Aj is 2nd in 2014

You stupid bro. Wasn't my argument at all and you continue to talk like it was..good day sir

haha, your argument is ? . AJ Green isn't relevant at all to what Dez is doing, or why people say he's overrated.

Dez is getting called overrated because he hasn't done ? the past 2 years. There's nothing about that statement, or AJ Green, that that would make it make sense to bring him up.
  • bow to royalty
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Dez. 2 catches 43 yards on 9 targets. 5th in catches 3rd in yards.

I know it's just 1 game and we're looking at a season, but that's not a great start. They even forced him the ball like he needs a confidence boost. Smh...
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Safe to say after 3 games Janoris Jenkins owns Dez Bryant.
  • Olorun22
    Options
    You might as well say this is dez Bryant season watch thread.
  • Olorun22
    Options
    nujerz84 wrote: »
    Safe to say after 3 games Janoris Jenkins owns Dez Bryant.

That's cool but take your L
  • detcatinva
    detcatinva Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Only cuz y'all caught major feelings and are making ridiculous excuses for pleighboi not producing. Like I said for an "elite receiver " he gets taken out of games a lot
  • Olorun22
    Options

Only cuz y'all caught major feelings and are making ridiculous excuses for pleighboi not producing. Like I said for an "elite receiver " he gets taken out of games a lot

Cowboys catching feelings is all in your head tbh.. You keep calling him Elite I didn't call him elite neither did the cowboys fan on this board. Another thing cowboys fans acknowledged him and dak don't have good chemistry but y'all act like dak overthrowing dez isnt a factor
  • bow to royalty
    edited September 2017
    Options

Cowboys catching feelings is all in your head tbh.. You keep calling him Elite I didn't call him elite neither did the cowboys fan on this board. Another thing cowboys fans acknowledged him and dak don't have good chemistry but y'all act like dak overthrowing dez isnt a factor

This is ? man, haha. Sure if you have Osweiller, Savage, or some other ? we give some leniency on a WR's numbers because of their QB. But now WR with Dak level QB's are getting a pass too?!

Completed 67.8% of his passes, 3,600 yards, 23 TD's, 4 INT...and were giving WR's a pass for playing with him? Likely your franchise QB and one of the most accurate in the league last year, and we're cutting Dez some slack for having to play with him. You're wylin...