I say 3 + 2 arguable classics
  • *~queenbee~*
    *~queenbee~* Members Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Options
    RD, BP and TBA will always be the certified one. Even if RD got it retroactively after 2001. He finally got it past gold and got every hipster to say it's his best work (it's not).

Everything else was ok to wack truth be told.

AG is a personal classic but most of his present fans never even heard it. Vol. 1 is the one I've heard the most but it's not a universal classic. It's poorly sequenced despite having a lot of classic songs. Not including Wishing On A Star but including I Know What Girls Like = major fail.

Vol. 2 felt like a filler compilation by the time it came out. A lot of those songs were already played out from being on other albums and compilations in the spring and summer. It also didn't feel like a real album more like Jay-Z Presents or Jay-Z and Friends.

6 classics is just straight up delusion and ego.

• texasdaking88
    texasdaking88 Members Posts: 6,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My thing is, everyone of those albums is in someone list of his classics... Might not be all but if u ask 100 people what are his classics, one of those albums would show up in their list... So IDK how crazy the thought is
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My thing is, everyone of those albums is in someone list of his classics... Might not be all but if u ask 100 people what are his classics, one of those albums would show up in their list... So IDK how crazy the thought is

So jay has 6 classics my ? ? Lol
  • Juttythe3rd
    Juttythe3rd Members Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm going with 3...but sitting here thinking about it, I'm not mad at the idea of 4. There's alot of arguing someone can do for 6
  • GetoBoy
    GetoBoy Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I'll say 4....
    Reasonable Doubt
    Blueprint
    Black Album
    4:44

But the fact that you can make a case for 6 different albums being classic tho it's a feat in itself plus I mean half you ? laughing at Jay saying he got 6 be the same ? saying Nas got like 5-6 so 6 apparently ain't that laughable
  • southsil4lil
    southsil4lil Members Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Options
    RD, BP, TBA

Possible in 4:44
  • R2_163
    R2_163 Members Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

But you see those three albums that 98 percent of the people who posted put on their personal classics? those are his credible classics

and if you ask 100 hip hop heads outside of here i guarantee that percentage will be the same. just cause 2 ? ? out of 100 people say dynasty roc familia was a classic, it don't mean it's a classic

• soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Reasonable Doubt
    Volume 2
    blueprint
    black album
    American gangster
  • uncle gunnysack
    uncle gunnysack Members Posts: 86 ✭✭
    Options
    Vol 2
    TBA
    BP
    I'm on the fence with ag
  • texasdaking88
    Options
    Beta wrote: »

I ain't say that... I'm saying the idea isn't far off if everyone has at least one of those albums held as a classic... U can make a case for all of them
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GetoBoy wrote: »
    I'll say 4....
    Reasonable Doubt
    Blueprint
    Black Album

But the fact that you can make a case for 6 different albums being classic tho it's a feat in itself plus I mean half you ? laughing at Jay saying he got 6 be the same ? saying Nas got like 5-6 so 6 apparently ain't that laughable

lol who said nas got 5 or 6 classics anywhere in real life or on the ic? I think you are going a little overboard. But i do agree the nation of Naslam ass ? at times can overrate Nas' catalog.

• Lefty_
    Lefty_ Members, Writer Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AG, Vol. 1 > Vol. 2
  • texasdaking88
    Options
    GetoBoy wrote: »
    I'll say 4....
    Reasonable Doubt
    Blueprint
    Black Album

lol who said nas got 5 or 6 classics anywhere in real life or on the ic? I think you are going a little overboard. But i do agree the nation of Naslam ass ? at times can overrate Nas' catalog.

There are ? on here who have said this.. Lol
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Beta wrote: »

I ain't say that... I'm saying the idea isn't far off if everyone has at least one of those albums held as a classic... U can make a case for all of them
    ? look at your vote, ? you mean?
  • bkkbully
    bkkbully Members Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    For me its really 4, but 5 if we're including "The Dynasty" album that was under his name but was still sort of a compilation album. Every record on that joint is crazy.

Reasonable Doubt
    Vol 2 / The Dynasty
    American Gangster
    Black Album

Blueprint is off the Jay classic list because "Jigga That ? " is ? horrendous. It's a near perfect album, I'm not sure what the hell was going on when in the studio when he greenlighted that track. Blueprint 2 gets a lot of hate but its a personal classic to me.
  • leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Jay says a lot of ? .

Sure Jay, if u believe it then it's true for you.

That's you. 6 Classics. Move wit that bro.