edited August 2017
    Options
    GetoBoy wrote: »
    I'll say 4....
    Reasonable Doubt
    Blueprint
    Black Album
    4:44

But the fact that you can make a case for 6 different albums being classic tho it's a feat in itself plus I mean half you ? laughing at Jay saying he got 6 be the same ? saying Nas got like 5-6 so 6 apparently ain't that laughable

lol who said nas got 5 or 6 classics anywhere in real life or on the ic? I think you are going a little overboard. But i do agree the nation of Naslam ass ? at times can overrate Nas' catalog.

You might wanna check I've heard
    Illmatic
    IWW
    Stillmatic
    Lost Tapes
    ? 's Son
    Life Is Good

Are Nas classics with sum even saying Untitled is classic too so let's not act like saying a rapper got 6 classics is laughable when ? will tell you another rapper has 6 classics... I don't agree Jay got 6 but ? acting like Jay crazy for saying he got 6 becuz that's a unheard of number but half those same ppl will tell you another rapper has 6.... If there is a debate between 6 albums which is or isn't a classic I don't see the problem with any of them being called one
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Revolver Ocelot Members Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    RD,BP,AG

That's it and it's way to fuckn early for 444 to be considered a classic
  • qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hey when those joints dropped i was bumping them crazy especially vol 2
  • KneeGro_DuperMan
    KneeGro_DuperMan Members Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Jay says a lot of ? .

Sure Jay, if u believe it then it's true for you.

That's you. 6 Classics. Move wit that bro.

Yea but the Jigganauts gonna run with it now just because he said it
  • Zirconium
    Zirconium Members Posts: 96 ✭✭
    Options
  • Cutler 26 INT's LOL!
    Cutler 26 INT's LOL! Members Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Y'all really think Black Album is a classic? I mean that ? was cool but other albums was shittin on it at that time, ? aint really make moves like that to me.
  • Trillaaaaaa
    Trillaaaaaa Members Posts: 8,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is a fact
  • Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Classic get thrown around alot these days
  • texasdaking88
    texasdaking88 Members Posts: 6,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Beta wrote: »
    Beta wrote: »
    My thing is, everyone of those albums is in someone list of his classics... Might not be all but if u ask 100 people what are his classics, one of those albums would show up in their list... So IDK how crazy the thought is

So jay has 6 classics my ? ? Lol

I ain't say that... I'm saying the idea isn't far off if everyone has at least one of those albums held as a classic... U can make a case for all of them
    ? look at your vote, ? you mean?

I got 4 with 2 more arguable
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Matike85 wrote: »
    I give him 4.... Vol 2, BP, BA, & the Dynasty are truly classics... The Dynasty intro the world to Kanye West as a music producer on "This Can't Be Life"... RD did not own the summer of 96 like Nas As it was written album... and AG & 4:44 are both good album but not better than other classic albums in regards to culture impact because Kendrick Lamar & David Banner already talk about some of things Jay Z talk about on 4:44 ... Jay Z was in his prime had a great 5 year run Jay Z Ja Rule & DMX was the Twin Towers of Def Jams from 1998-2003

Although Jay Z is a better MC than Ja Rule, if you compare their record sales from 2000-2003 Ja Rule was outselling Jay Z 3-1
  • Nah Son
    Nah Son Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Where's the 0 option?

lol u serious?
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    46% of jays albums are classics.....

FOH man lol
  • BedStuy
    BedStuy Members Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    RD
    VOL2
    BP
    AG
    That's it for me
  • Mr 202
    Mr 202 Members Posts: 571 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5 Grand wrote: »
    Matike85 wrote: »
    I give him 4.... Vol 2, BP, BA, & the Dynasty are truly classics... The Dynasty intro the world to Kanye West as a music producer on "This Can't Be Life"... RD did not own the summer of 96 like Nas As it was written album... and AG & 4:44 are both good album but not better than other classic albums in regards to culture impact because Kendrick Lamar & David Banner already talk about some of things Jay Z talk about on 4:44 ... Jay Z was in his prime had a great 5 year run Jay Z Ja Rule & DMX was the Twin Towers of Def Jams from 1998-2003

Although Jay Z is a better MC than Ja Rule, if you compare their record sales from 2000-2003 Ja Rule was outselling Jay Z 3-1

Cool but what if you look at their over all careers? You see how it's not even close?
    You see how your argument don't even make any type of sense?
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'll say 4....
    Reasonable Doubt
    Blueprint
    Black Album
    4:44

But the fact that you can make a case for 6 different albums being classic tho it's a feat in itself plus I mean half you ? laughing at Jay saying he got 6 be the same ? saying Nas got like 5-6 so 6 apparently ain't that laughable

lol who said nas got 5 or 6 classics anywhere in real life or on the ic? I think you are going a little overboard. But i do agree the nation of Naslam ass ? at times can overrate Nas' catalog.

You might wanna check I've heard
    Illmatic
    IWW
    Stillmatic
    Lost Tapes
    ? 's Son
    Life Is Good

Are Nas classics with sum even saying Untitled is classic too so let's not act like saying a rapper got 6 classics is laughable when ? will tell you another rapper has 6 classics... I don't agree Jay got 6 but ? acting like Jay crazy for saying he got 6 becuz that's a unheard of number but half those same ppl will tell you another rapper has 6.... If there is a debate between 6 albums which is or isn't a classic I don't see the problem with any of them being called one

To me i give jay credit to create high quality music through every point of his career something 99% of artists never do. And like you said i agree when an artist has 6 albums up for debate as a classic like jay (and i agree he doesn't have 6 classics) it is a feat.

I have heard nas fans overrate the ? outta life is good and Untitled so i guess there are nation of naslam ? that think he has 6 i just want to see their blind logic behind that lol. To me Nas has 2 clear cut classics (IWW and illmatic) with a 3rd album being up for debate (stillmatic). The rest of them ? have solid songs or strings of songs (gods son, I am, lost tapes) but are clear cut non classics imo.
  • power_wisdom
    power_wisdom Members Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? want say a ? can't have six classic just because. That's stupid. If a ? has an album of ultra quality then yes it might be a classic. ? can make 10-15 albums and 6 be classics. You have artist like Nas, Common, Ghostface, MF Doom who have 4 classics or better. Its not impossible. But does Jay-Z have 6.....this is the same guy who told you he sold ? so you didn't have to go through that and thought he had 3 classic before completing the Blueprint. Hell no he don't have 6.
  • BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    3 if you're being generous
  • smp4life
    smp4life Members Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    3 for sure imo. Blueprint reasonable doubt and black album.

Vol 1 and American gangster are also close classics. 4:44 needs some time but it's for sure one of the better jay z albums.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A better question is what makes an album a classic. You have ? like Below the Heavens that you can play for begin to end, but had no commercial impact. Then you have ? like Country Grammar that had huge commercial impact, put on for a region, but artistically isn't great.
  • SheerExcellence
    SheerExcellence Members Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    A better question is what makes an album a classic. You have ? like Below the Heavens that you can play for begin to end, but had no commercial impact. Then you have ? like Country Grammar that had huge commercial impact, put on for a region, but artistically isn't great.

You tryin to tell me
    Underlay underlay mama eee iii eee iiiii
    Utttt ohhhhh what's poppin tonight

Isn't artistically great, ? ?
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    Stew wrote: »
    Thanks for watering Down the word "Classic" Jay smh

Em only has 1

Ummmm ok?
  • Miltown Marauder
    Miltown Marauder Members Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    As a big Jay fan..nah 3 classics: RD,BP,BA...and gtfoh with 4:44... it'll be forgotten by the end of the year

This is the same group that said Nas's Streets Disciple was Nas 3rd best album when it came out