The Official Marvel Cinematic Universe Phase 3 thread - Now Showing -"Thor:RAGNAROK"

Options

Comments

• texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Please no...Ta Nehisi Coates run is Trash, they turned the main hero into a supporting character in his own book and the current panther is watered down white man fantasy as the most advanced nation in the MU turned in ? camps and beast of no nation...

? Pass. They need to look at Preist, Hudlin, or Liss. No one else

I was thinking that too....she made the current books about some feminist movement bs. smh
  • BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Is that the one with Lady black panther?
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    texas409 wrote: »
    Please no...Ta Nehisi Coates run is Trash, they turned the main hero into a supporting character in his own book and the current panther is watered down white man fantasy as the most advanced nation in the MU turned in ? camps and beast of no nation...

? Pass. They need to look at Preist, Hudlin, or Liss. No one else

I was thinking that too....she made the current books about some feminist movement bs. smh

Ta Nehisi Coates is doing Panthers comic but yea die hards aren't feeling this current run too much. Panther been kinda getting punked a lot but the feminist writer is doing a separate comic on the Doras I believe.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I have all the current panther but havent read it all yet. Yall making me sad.
  • #1hiphopjunki3
    #1hiphopjunki3 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Lou_Cypher wrote: »
    I have all the current panther but havent read it all yet. Yall making me sad.

Same with me. I've been collecting Coates stuff but haven't read any, I'm going to get at least 10 issues before reading them. I've been reading a lot of Christopher Priest stuff and I like his stuff better than Huldin's (which is good) and I haven't read any of Liss stuff yet.

The statements you guys have made is making me super cautious about reading the newer stuff. I will keep collecting until #10 and then read and see if I want to continue.
  • BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lazypakman wrote: »

lol @ this heroin junkie Shocker.

I take back my GOAT. That ? look anorexic.
  • L3NU
    L3NU Members Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Reviews for luke cage are coming in and have been overwhelmingly positive

http://collider.com/luke-cage-review-netflix/
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

That's his sister. Doctor doom blew up t'challas ship and left him I hired and in a co a so zuri tok over as panther. Btw ? whoever hated on storm and black panthers marriage and influenced the writers to have them divorce. They talking about the wedding happened too soon there was no proper court ship. ? ! They was courting for five or six issues before the wedding and it was stated in earlier issues that they had a past relationship. So what if an old flame got rekindled and they jumped the broom. They just hated to see a powerful black couple. They were the only black couple in the marvel universe at that.
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

That's his sister. Doctor doom blew up t'challas ship and left him I hired and in a co a so zuri tok over as panther. Btw ? whoever hated on storm and black panthers marriage and influenced the writers to have them divorce. They talking about the wedding happened too soon there was no proper court ship. ? ! They was courting for five or six issues before the wedding and it was stated in earlier issues that they had a past relationship. So what if an old flame got rekindled and they jumped the broom. They just hated to see a powerful black couple. They were the only black couple in the marvel universe at that.

Pretty much it was fans of the x-men crying that the Black Panther comic was taking storm away from them, but in reality she wasn't being used then.

Funny thing is now....they(Marvel) want them together because of his popularity right now
  • iron man1
    Options
    Yea that was racist nerds that wanted Storm with Wolverine smh damn shame because Storm hasn't really been pushed since. She'll be appearing in this Panther run though so we'll see.
  • Splackavelli
    Options

Pretty much it was fans of the x-men crying that the Black Panther comic was taking storm away from them, but in reality she wasn't being used then.

Funny thing is now....they(Marvel) want them together because of his popularity right now

to add to this a mystic told them they was going to have powerful children in the future. I hope they get back together.
  • Splackavelli
    Options
    L3NU wrote: »

when does the show drop?
  • Splackavelli
    Options
    1CK1S wrote: »
    Chadwick Boseman on Black Panther Movie: And What Influence The Current Comic Run Will Have

This year’s megahit “Captain America: Civil War” not only had to justify friends , and teammates Iron Man , and Captain America engaging in a heated conflict drawing in most of Marvel Studios’ roster of superheroes, it also introduced some pretty major characters, including Chadwick Boseman as The Black Panther.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11AsaccZJCE

American comics’ first Black superhero — “Civil War” was the first time the character had been depicted in live action. The movie shows both the costumed Black Panther and his civilian identity as Wakandan royalty T’Challa, as the character finds a very personal reason to join up with Tony Stark and #TeamIronMan. Much more of Black Panther’s story is set to be explored in a solo film, helmed by “Creed” director Ryan Coogler and scheduled for release in July 2018.

Boseman discussed joining the established lineup of Marvel Cinematic Universe all-stars, why his character showed clemency towards Zemo the importance of the “Black Panther” film and the excitement it generates.

“Captain America: Civil War” introduced some key new characters in a relatively short amount of time, yet they all seemed rather fully formed, even though they only had a limited space. What was that like for you, jumping on board with an ensemble cast, as a new, major character being introduced?

Chadwick Boseman: They already had a working language. All the other actors who had worked together before, they already had their little things that they do together, For instance, [Anthony] Mackie and [Chris] Evans, if you’re in a scene with them, before every take, they have this banter that they do back and forth; and then they go into the scene. I shouldn’t say every take, but there’s definitely play between the actors that then transfers to play between the characters. If you’re not already part of that, you’re not used to their rhythm. Everybody has those things. Sebastian [Stan] has his own.

It’s just coming in and learning everybody’s rhythm. When you’re dealing with really great actors, how people get into each moment — how they get into a scene — is very important to them. You don’t want to step on their toes, and you also want to be able to do your own thing. It’s just that, really.

One of the key moments for Black Panther is towards the end of “Civil War,” with him and Zemo, and he shows mercy towards him by not allowing him to ? himself, despite Zemo being responsible for his father’s death. It shows a lot about Black Panther’s character. What does that say to you about the character, and what makes him a noble hero?

I feel like you get a chance to see that he’s multifaceted and not going to be a selfish ruler. He’s not going to be a dictator. He’s not going to be a person that does things purely for his own gain. Tho he does have a heroic aspect at the heart of a hero; of a leader. You can pull for him, because he’s merciful. And it leaves room also for him to do things that are not necessarily perfect.

A few people have said to me, “I thought you were a villain at first.” They didn’t have the prior history of the character. And they enjoyed that. They thought I was going to end up being a villain. That’s telling to me , ultimately you can create something that is universally good — that merciful aspect — I think is a good thing for the character.

Black Panther is different than many of the other Marvel heroes we’ve seen on screen, in that quite a few of them are very quippy. Iron Man certainly, but Black Panther, throughout his history, is a more serious character — and given his nature, that makes a lot of sense. Still, he feels a lot different, personality-wise, than a lot of the other Marvel heroes people are used to. What’s it like playing that type of character that is a little more reserved?

It’s funny, because on one hand, the Marvel movies that I’ve liked the most are the ones that are funny, but for me, most of the time the darker superhero movies are the ones that I gravitate towards more . I’m glad that the tone of [“Black Panther”] may be a little grittier. I just want to establish that from the beginning, that that’s what we are doing.

It took a long time to get to a position where there is a major superhero movie with a Black lead character, Black villain, Black cast, Black director, What does that mean to you personally, to be at the center of that — and to see it happen with the Marvel umbrella, which is so universal and means so much to so many people?

The image itself opens people’s minds up. You can talk about it all you want, you can have it in a comic book, you can even do an animated series, but when you see real people doing it, it changes something inside of you. It’s going to be a big deal because there’s not just Black people or people of African descent that want to see it, I think everybody wants to see it. That’s the beautiful thing. I truly believe there are more people who want to see it than don’t want to see it, especially after being here.

Marvel’s “Black Panther” comic has gotten a lot of attention this year, with the current series written by Ta-Nehisi Coates and illustrated by Brian Stelfreeze. Have you read that?

Yeah, I have. I’ve known Ta-Nehisi for years. I’ve known him from when he was in DC, when he was at Howard. I’m excited for him, just knowing him personally. I think he’s doing great work. I think his work, whether it be directly or not, it’s already affecting where the film goes, and the film is probably affecting him, as well. I think that’s a great conversation between the two mediums.

I glanced those ta-nehisi issues and I didn't like the artwork for one thing. the narration was kind of stale. i'm reading Reginald hudlins run because I was in the middle of reading civil war so I started at issue 18. I don't have to read the first 8 or 9 books because I seen the animated series some years back and its practically the same.
  • Splackavelli
    Options
    lazypakman wrote: »

lol @ this heroin junkie Shocker.

i'm all for this. if Michael Keaton is the vulture than that means that the shocker is either a henchman/ mercenary or just a random villain. so it makes the movie bigger in a way.
  • iron man1
    Options

when does the show drop?

Sep 30th
  • Lou Cypher
    Options

I've read nothing but good things. Already being called the best netflix marvel show.
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hawkeye on his Katt Williams ? getting punked by a one year old
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I've read nothing but good things. Already being called the best netflix marvel show.

they say that about all of them
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bcotton5 wrote: »

they say that about all of them

They damn sure ain't say that about Jessica Jones

That ? could end right now and no ? will be given
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    I didn't mind Jessica jones. Definitely the worst out of the 3 netflix seasons, but it was different and kilgrave was dope. Prolly won't ever watch season 1 again.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    tumblr_ocrtsacjim1r05bkco3_250.giftumblr_ocrtsacjim1r05bkco1_250.gif
    tumblr_ocrtsacjim1r05bkco5_250.giftumblr_ocrtsacjim1r05bkco2_250.gif
    tumblr_ocrtsacjim1r05bkco4_250.giftumblr_ocrtsacjim1r05bkco6_250.gif

Don't worry I'll ? him myself
  • Phantom Pain
    Phantom Pain Members Posts: 678 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Options
    ytks4ga9jnzx.jpeg