The Official Marvel Cinematic Universe Phase 3 thread - Now Showing -"Thor:RAGNAROK"

Options

Comments

• infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    2 weeks until Luke cage ,I'm dripping with anticipation
  • Phantom Pain
    Phantom Pain Members Posts: 678 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    https://youtu.be/7Fahnl7Scxw

• infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    That footage is old as ? lol
  • Phantom Pain
    Phantom Pain Members Posts: 678 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That footage is old as ? lol

Yeah I ? up lol
  • scoop1215
    scoop1215 Members Posts: 592 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Shield is back on. So far it's good. I like the 10pm time slot
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    scoop1215 wrote: »
    Shield is back on. So far it's good. I like the 10pm time slot

Yes its dope. El jintete fantasma already better than the wack movies.
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Disney Starting To Plan Marvel Movies Through The 2020s

avengers-full-house-video.jpg

The Marvel Cinematic Universe has quickly become one of the most successful franchises in the history of Hollywood, collectively grossing $10.2 billion worldwide at the box office. Thanks to their plethora of well-received films, the series is showing no signs of slowing down and moviegoers can’t wait to see the future of Phase 3 take shape. Projects like Doctor Strange, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, and Spider-Man: Homecoming are all highly anticipated and look to take the MCU in exciting new directions.

Everything is building up to Avengers: Infinity War and its sequel, where just about every living hero in the Marvel universe will square off against the Mad Titan Thanos. Despite being a culmination, the next Avengers movies will also serve as a new beginning for the MCU. Phase 4 will be here before you know it, and Disney is already in the process of plotting out the longterm game plan for their prized cash cow.

While at the Goldman Sachs Communacopia Conference (hat tip Comic Book), Mouse House boss Bob Iger was on hand to discuss the future of Disney’s film slate. After dropping some tidbits about Star Wars (including the third anthology film pitch and plans for beyond 2021), he then revealed he’s having similar talks with Marvel:

“We had a similar meeting with Marvel a week-and-a-half ago to plot [those films] out, where we’ve got movies in either development or production — some nearing completion — through the end of this decade. [There], we too are beginning to talk about what do we do the next decade, and so on?”

At first glance, it arguably seems overly ambitious to be thinking that far ahead, since it’s impossible to tell what the pop culture landscape will look like in the next decade. However, Marvel has every reason to be confident that they can continue to be one of the premier providers of tentpole content. Their movies have only grown in popularity since the MCU started back in 2008 and they have ways to keep their content feeling fresh each time out. Recently, they’ve started to blend multiple genres to make different kinds of projects in superhero clothing (i.e. Ant-Man was a heist film; The Winter Soldier was a political thriller). It’s been established that “comic book movie” is merely a classification, and if the studio can keep mixing things up, they’ll be in great shape.

Marvel has also been smart about continuously introducing new characters over their last handful of films, such as Black Panther and Spider-Man. The thought is that as the contracts for the original Avengers (Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, etc.) expire, the newcomers will carry the torch and keep the franchise alive. Fortunately, audiences have quickly become enamored with these heroes and want to see more of them down the line. This gives the studio a great amount of leeway; they don’t have to constantly rely on Tony Stark or Steve Rogers to make a substantial amount of money. The rotating roster of Earth’s Mightiest is the key to prolonged viability, and so far Marvel has struck the jackpot.

It will be interesting to see which movies are part of Marvel’s Phase 4 (and possibly 5). It’s all but a guarantee that Guardians of the Galaxy 3 will be green lit, and one has to think that sequels for Doctor Strange, Spider-Man, Black Panther, and Captain Marvel are in order – as long as they’re all hits. Of course, some new IPs will likely be part of the equation as well. Perhaps the Inhumans will finally get the spotlight on the big screen. There are many ways for Marvel to go, and fans will be lined up to see what they have in store.

• 1CK1S
    Options
    Russo Bros. Tease Civil War Is Not Over Yet

Don’t say it's a ceasefire.

While some fans fell like Captain America: Civil War ended the feud between Team Iron Man and Team Cap, that might not be true. According to the Russo Brothers, Civil War was only the beginning.

In an online Q&A, Joe Russo answered a fan’s question that asked which side they believed won in Civil War. Joe responded, saying, “We always thought of this move as the start of the war. It’s not over yet.”

civil-infinity-war-196425-201329.jpg

When fans considered the director’s word, they are not too surprising. The end of Civil War left much of the Marvel Cinematic Universe up in the air as Captain America embraced his rogue status. Iron Man was off helping Iron Patriot rehab his bunked leg, and when it came to national security, the Sokovia Accords bombed all preexisting protocols. With such unrest left behind, it’s not shocking to hear that we’ve not seen the end of Civil War just yet.

As for when fans will see its conclusion, no one knows - except for the Russo Brothers, that is. The director duo are prepping to begin production on Avengers: Infinity War at the moment, and many believe the star-studded crossover will tie up the loose ends of Civil War.

However, the pair are doing their best to approach the upcoming blockbuster with a level head. The Russo Brothers have said it will be “tricky” to make Infinity War live up to Civil War.

Joe continued, saying, “There could be a lot of pressure. We put pressure on ourselves, we feel the pressure. At the same time we have to be very zen and we have to step outside of that pressure because if you make decisions based on expectations and based on feeling that pressure, you're going to make bad decisions.”

“Ultimately, at the end of the day, the thing that we prioritize above all else is storytelling, and we just focus on the storytelling and the characters and how they fit into the narrative, and we just keep trying to tell the best story that we can every time out....We try to ignore any sort of external pressures because they can just lead you to a bad place creatively.”

When it comes to Infinity War’s story, the Russo Brothers will have plenty of material to cover. The film, which is based on a popular 1990s comic, depicts the evens which occur once Thanos accumulates all of the powerful Infinity Gems for the Infinity Gauntlet. Sources have alleged the movie will follow Thanos as he uses the intergalactic weapon to wipe out millions of lives in order to impress Mistress Death, leaving the Avengers to fight the big purple baddie.

Clearly, the scale of Infinity War will be even bigger than that of Civil War, so the upcoming film may be the best place for the Russo Brothers to reconcile the Avenger’s bad blood there.

Avengers: Infinity War is set to release on May 4, 2018. An untitled sequel is then set to hit theaters the following year on May 3, 2019.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Feige says they are in the beginning stages of planning the next decade of marvel films too. Glad to hear Infinity isnt going to be the end of it.
  • 1CK1S
    Options
    'Thor: Ragnarok' Adds 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill

sam-neill.jpg?itok=K_qWhnfO

Director Taika Waititi already found a way to reunite with his Hunt for the Wilderpeople star Sam Neill — by putting him in his Marvel movie. The actor, most known for playing Dr. Alan Grant in Jurassic Park, revealed during an interview with ShortList that he filmed a secret role for Thor: Ragnarok.

“I’m not really allowed to say this and I can’t tell you what it is…I did a couple of days on Thor just before I came over here,” Neill said, noting how he “had to sign all sorts of things. So if I say anything else, Marvel’s secret agents — and they are lethal — will come and get me and probably my children, as well.”

Thor: Ragnarok also reunites Neill with Jeff Goldblum, who played Dr. Ian Malcolm in Jurassic Park and plays The Grandmaster in the Marvel film. Featured in the cast are Chris Hemsworth as Thor, Tom Hiddleston as Loki, Idris Elba as Heimdall, Anthony Hopkins as Odin, Cate Blanchett as Hela, Mark Ruffalo as Bruce Banner/Hulk, Karl Urban as Skurge, and Tessa Thompson as Valkyrie.

Plot details are currently under wraps, but the title suggests it has something to do with the apocalypse from Norse mythology, and the Hulk gladiator armor shown at San Diego Comic-Con reveals a connection to the Planet Hulk comic book arc.

Thor: Ragnarok is scheduled for release on Nov. 3, 2017. Watch Neill’s interview with ShortList below and skip to the 3:15 mark to see him discuss his Marvel role.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol @ the random Method Man cameo. Too bad they didn't manage to get Ghostface that cameo in Iron Man.
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • fortyacres
    fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,479 Regulator
    Options
  • huey
    huey Members Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If they do Infinity War right, it might be the most spectacular movie ever from the sci fi/adventure/superhero type category. I don't know if they can achieve that, but if they do, it's going to be hard to follow-up with a Phase 4. They are basically going to have to dial everything back down and then rebuild it.

need to make that a 3 part film, each page recreated on film, with deadpool cameo
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Winston duke has been confirmed as man ape in the black panther film
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Lou_Cypher wrote: »
    Winston duke has been confirmed as man ape in the black panther film

Yea he'll probably just go by his government M'Baku though but damn 2 of his main rivals in Kilmonger and him along with possibly Klaw also. I hope Shuri gets cast soon as he's going to need some backup along with the Dora Miljae.
  • sapp08_2001
    sapp08_2001 Members Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol @ the random Method Man cameo. Too bad they didn't manage to get Ghostface that cameo in Iron Man.

Ghostface had a cameo in the first Iron Man flick on the screen when tony and rhodes are on the plane.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options

Ghostface had a cameo in the first Iron Man flick on the screen when tony and rhodes are on the plane.

Yeah I know, but the cut it out of the theatrical release. That's what I was referring to.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • fortyacres
    fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,479 Regulator
    Options
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Looks like Thor Ragnarok is not going to be at all what we thought.

http://schmoesknow.com/schmoes-exclusive-what-is-ragnarok/44769/

From the sounds of it, it's basically going to be Planet Hulk set on a planet called Ragnarok.