The Official Marvel Cinematic Universe Phase 3 thread - Now Showing -"Thor:RAGNAROK"

Options

Comments

• Phantom Pain
    Phantom Pain Members Posts: 678 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    IGN gave Doctor Strange a 7.7/10
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm hearing they screwed the pooch on the villain. Again.
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    IGN gave Doctor Strange a 7.7/10

Ign hates everything lol
  • illestni99ainne
    illestni99ainne Members Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's 100% for now on rottentomatoes.com
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just the trailer in Imax was pretty amazing. Movie looks awesome. I'll be there opening day
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So The Defenders can acknowledge that Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, and Iron Fist can exist in the same city, but not Spiderman pre-Civil War?

That's a pretty big meatball just sitting there. And depending on where the Netflix shows fit in the MCU timeline, it would only make sense for Iron Man, Captain America, and SHIELD to find them. Especially Cage and Jones.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    lol only the shows acknowledge the movies. The movies NEVER. Aknowledge the shows.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SO is this site ? up for anyone else? ? is annoying.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    <3 GOTG2 and Dr Strange
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol only the shows acknowledge the movies. The movies NEVER. Aknowledge the shows.

i dont think thats a bad thing tbh
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    I do think the TV/Movie universes will connect on the big screen. I dont think it will be a major thing though. The heroes will probably just have a minor army from Thanos that they need to contain and they'll be like "We've heard of some guys in Hell's Kitchen we can call!" then that will probably be the most. Cant see the TV heroes having to big of roles in the movies.
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lou_Cypher wrote: »
    I do think the TV/Movie universes will connect on the big screen. I dont think it will be a major thing though. The heroes will probably just have a minor army from Thanos that they need to contain and they'll be like "We've heard of some guys in Hell's Kitchen we can call!" then that will probably be the most. Cant see the TV heroes having to big of roles in the movies.

They need to be everyone is either an Avenger or used to be. It doesn't have to be a major plot point but, at least substantial with Luke and Iron Fist being New Avengers alongside Spider-Man. Jessica Jones was a former Avenger herself and Thanos will have an army ready for am invasion but, of course The main squad will have to deal with Thanos and his personal crew
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    iron man1 wrote: »

They need to be everyone is either an Avenger or used to be. It doesn't have to be a major plot point but, at least substantial with Luke and Iron Fist being New Avengers alongside Spider-Man. Jessica Jones was a former Avenger herself and Thanos will have an army ready for am invasion but, of course The main squad will have to deal with Thanos and his personal crew

The Russo's have said that the Cinematic Civil War isnt technically over. The avengers are still divided in the movies. What i think is going to happen, is Cap will take a squad and form the "Secret Avengers" and Iron Man may connect with Black Panther and Doctor Strange and form the "Illuminati". Im not sure what the status of Shield/Nick Fury is at the moment, but maybe they will get together again during Infinity War or one of the upcoming films and have the Regular Avengers only it will be a different team with members like Spiderman, Vision, Captain Marvel and others.

Losing my train of thought, but I think illuminati is incoming, Secret and/or New Avengers is incoming, and some of the Defenders will appear on one of those teams in Infinity War (probably Infinity War 2)
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Illuminati minus Black Bolt, Reed Richards, Prof X and Namor?

I see Iron Man, Doc Strange and T'Challa but who else? No one else?
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    jono wrote: »

Black bolt will come. Reed Richards and xavier will of course have to be left out and namors wack ass is a possibility. They will have to make changes for it to fit in mcu, but feige has already spoken about the possibility of bringing the illuminati to the mcu.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Black bolt will come. Reed Richards and xavier will of course have to be left out and namors wack ass is a possibility. They will have to make changes for it to fit in mcu, but feige has already spoken about the possibility of bringing the illuminati to the mcu.

Is Namor with Marvel?

When you mentioned it I started thinking of people they could sub in and I honestly can't think of anyone but because I know how Marvel is now they will likely put Carol on the squad and hopefully Blue Marvel
  • Lou Cypher
    Options

Is Namor with Marvel?

When you mentioned it I started thinking of people they could sub in and I honestly can't think of anyone but because I know how Marvel is now they will likely put Carol on the squad and hopefully Blue Marvel

It was originally owned by universal I believe for the movie rights. I'm pretty sure the rights to namor reverted back to marvel studios within the last 2 years though.
  • fortyacres
    fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,479 Regulator
    Options
    Imaxin Doc Scrange on the 4th.
  • lazypakman
    lazypakman Members Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Movie was good but nothing great, i can appreciate the fact that they took some risks in this and certain sequences are ? out there, i would reccomend watching this on the biggest screen you can find.

Complaints would be those of a typical nature with marvel movies, weak villan,too much forced humour and a female interest who virtually adds nothing to the movie.
  • lazypakman
    lazypakman Members Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Maaaaaan ? JAY-Z.
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    lazypakman wrote: »
    Maaaaaan ? JAY-Z.

Random as ? lol
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    They annoy Beyoncé ?
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    Saw the first bad review for dr. Strange on fb. Majority of them have all been really positive though.