The Official Marvel Cinematic Universe Phase 3 thread - Now Showing -"Thor:RAGNAROK"

Options

Comments

• soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lazypakman wrote: »
    Maaaaaan ? JAY-Z.

Give him back his account tompetrez
  • fortyacres
    fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,479 Regulator
    Options
    Decent movie 3.5/5

Good addition to the Marvel cannon.The humor was good but was a bit off at times. The cloak of levitation was the real MVP.

Probably the most visually stunning movie you will see , the CGI is like inception on steroids with cool action set pieces.

Benedict Cumberbatch's american accent really needs work and i didnt think i could say that for a british actor, Strange's personal journey wasnt as endearing like Stark or Thor's but it was aight.Chiwetel , stacy adams and Tilda were aight, serviceable.

Marvel still has a bad guy problem.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Got my tix for friday!! Very top row, right in the middle.
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
  • illestni99ainne
    illestni99ainne Members Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Didn't know where else to put this
    http://youtu.be/ePd3dL7C-CM
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    The Living Tribunal Confirmed for the Marvel Cinematic Universe

Marvel Comics has a list of cosmic entities that are as famous as the cosmic-themed heroes and villains that come into contact with them. The Marvel Cinematic Universe has been steadily introducing those entities into live-action form, with a list that includes Odin (Thor), The Collector (Guardians of the Galaxy), and even a possbile brief look at Eternity (Ant-Man).

Phase 3 of the MCU has continued to introduce big cosmic entities into the mix, with Agents of SHIELD introducing Mephisto, and Doctor Strange introducing the dark dimensional being, Dormammu. However, there is also another revelation of a big Marvel cosmic entity that we get by way of Doctor Strange: The Living Tribunal.

WARNING! MILD PLOT SPOILERS FOR DOCTOR STRANGE FOLLOW!
    In Doctor Strange, Karl Mordo teaches Stephen Strange about mystic artifacts, including Mordo's own weapon, "The Staff of the Living Tribunal." It's a quick name-drop, but an important one, as The Living Tribunal is a big deal in Marvel Comics lore.

The Living Tribunal is an entity that looks like an Oscar statue with a floating head and three faces. Its purpose is to oversea all the alternate realities of the Marvel Universe, and judge them as needed. He first appeared (appropriately enough) in a Doctor Strange story, where the Sorcerer Supreme had to convince the cosmic judge that Earth's potential for great evil shouldn't be cause for its destruction.

marvel-cinematic-universe-living-tribunal-208561.jpg

Marvel Comics fans also know that The Living Tribunal is a pivotal figure in the first "Infinity Gauntlet" storyline. It is the Tribunal who first allows Thanos to make his bid for godhood - and eventually, when the threat to all reality is clear, The Tribunal is what orders the gems to be split up between Adam Warlock and his followers, never to be united again.

In other words: this little Easter egg could end up paying dividends by the time the Avengers: Infinity War is done, or could even connect to the Doctor Strange sequel, based on that end-credits sequence.

http://comicbook.com/2016/11/01/living-tribunal-marvel-cinematic-universe-doctor-strange-movie/

• Phantom Pain
    Phantom Pain Members Posts: 678 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nobody keeps up with Agents of Shield... They just showed Johnny Blaze on the last episode.. so he is back at Marvel and in the MCU
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nobody keeps up with Agents of Shield... They just showed Johnny Blaze on the last episode.. so he is back at Marvel and in the MCU

Yeah I been watching it. It's been a good season. And yeah, Ghost Rider has been back with Marvel for a while now. They got him when they got Blade, Daredevil, and Punisher.
  • sapp08_2001
    sapp08_2001 Members Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Not true. This season has been pretty damn good
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Just not posting about it but yes Mephisto and Johnny Blaze Ghostrider are officially in the MCU now.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Robbie Reyes Ghost Rider. They changed his origin though
  • Phantom Pain
    Phantom Pain Members Posts: 678 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Not true. This season has been pretty damn good

Just saying it's been a good ass season and the IC has been quiet on it. They really stepped their game up
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    I still havent seen a full episodes of Shield. Might peep it this weekend, im interested in seeing the connections to MCU and seeing the first batch of Inhumans.
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    About to go see it at 7pm Imax 3d today.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just saw it movie was great. The visuals are something else. Do itself justice and watch in I max or rpx
  • Mr.LV
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    Just saw it movie was great. The visuals are something else. Do itself justice and watch in I max or rpx

Some of the best visuals,this was a good movie.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mr.LV wrote: »
    aneed123 wrote: »

Some of the best visuals,this was a good movie.

I was kinda iffy about the movie but glad I checked it out... ready for the next wave of Marvel
  • GodNThaBuild'n
    GodNThaBuild'n Members Posts: 8,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dr.Strange was good. One gripe is the time stone. The 3d visuals were good.
  • Mr.LV
    Options
    That marvel studios intro was dope
    Yeah I love the intro
    Stan Lee cameo was funny
  • GodNThaBuild'n
    GodNThaBuild'n Members Posts: 8,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mr.LV wrote: »
    That marvel studios intro was dope
    Yeah I love the intro
    Stan Lee cameo was funny

Most of his cams are usually funny to me
  • Jonah 2.0
    Jonah 2.0 Members Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I saw it last night. I really enjoyed this movie. As has been stated, the visuals are great. I love the Strange character. This next slate of movies should be amazing.
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    I just saw it. IT was good. VIsuals were dope af. Only gripe I had was the fight with dormaammu was wack. Wish they would have went a different route for that. I think they did a great job explaining the dimensions and stuff though. I learned a lot about the character and what he can do