The Official Marvel Cinematic Universe Phase 3 thread - Now Showing -"Thor:RAGNAROK"

Options

Comments

• The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cain wrote: »
    I like that Disney is getting their content back but hopefully they don't do an entire X-Men and FF reboot with an origin movie like they did Spiderman. No need to keep beating is over the head with origin movies

They can keep Xmen in its own separate universe, but F4 needs a reboot. They can give them an updated story that fits the MCU. Think about it. Basically, the whole reason the F4 goes into space could be as a response to what happens with Thanos. And now they have something to go to after Thanos. Galactus can be for the MCU what Stan Lee intended him to be for the proper Marvel, the universe's "? ."
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lou_Cypher wrote: »
    They are saying Disney will announce next week!!! Xmen and f4 could make it into infinity war 2!

I thought they shot it already. Idk, Id hate for them to shoe horn extra characters in.
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    (ob)Scene wrote: »
    They’re saying that Disney is getting X-Men & FF back regardless of who completes the Fox purchase because those rights can’t be transferred to anyone else. It’s either Fox makes the movies or the rights revert back to Marvel.

So there’s really no need to wait in rejoicing.

Unless, if for example, Sony buys Fox Studios and continues normal movie production under the name Fox Studios. Technically, Sony wouldn't be making the movies, Fox Studios would.

BTW, Sony needs to get the ? outta here. They can't even manage their own studio right and here they are trying to buy another one. Rich ? making poor decisions.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    X-Men can be tricky . Like how do they bring it in the MCU. Fantastic 4 CAN work as an already established team maybe
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    kzzl wrote: »
    They are saying Disney will announce next week!!! Xmen and f4 could make it into infinity war 2!

I thought they shot it already. Idk, Id hate for them to shoe horn extra characters in.

Oh ? you're right I think. They mentioned over and over that they are shooting both infinity films back to back. Who knows, they were able to squeeze Spiderman in mid production of civil War though
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    ? . Jackman said the only way he would return to Wolverine is if he could join the Avengers.

Thats a ? possibility now.
  • fortyacres
    fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,480 Regulator
    edited December 2017
    Options
    ? . Jackman said the only way he would return to Wolverine is if he could join the Avengers.

but he is dead
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    X-Men can be tricky . Like how do they bring it in the MCU. Fantastic 4 CAN work as an already established team maybe

Nah, I think they really want to build the F4 if they get them. They said they are kinda moving past the IW movies to focus on the Cosmic MCU. If that's the case, then F4 is likely to become the premiere team the way the Avengers has been in the first three phases.
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Marvel wants the F4 back more than anything, it’s what kicked off the beef

They need the properties connected to that.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    Where does this leave X Men film and Deadpool 2?
  • inori
    inori Members Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I bet it would either be some Thanos reality stone ? .... or Scarlet Witch trickery to pull F4 and Xmen into the MCU.. they could find a way to make either work.

Didnt Scarlet Witch change up reality once in the comics before??
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cain wrote: »
    I like that Disney is getting their content back but hopefully they don't do an entire X-Men and FF reboot with an origin movie like they did Spiderman. No need to keep beating is over the head with origin movies

Homecoming wasn't an origin story. I hope they do reboot both with new actors and undo ? like mystique or quicksilver being an xman they can keep Michael fassbender as magneto though and maybe James macvoy as long as they don't start off with origin stories... Nah screw that the ff needs to be done some justice.
  • (ob)Scene
    (ob)Scene Members Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AP21 wrote: »
    fortyacres wrote: »

but he is dead

He’s dead in the future.

how sway

arent we all dead in the future?

Lol Logan was set in 2024 which gives room for a present day appearance. And that’s only if they don’t just flat out reboot or pull the alternate dimensions colliding card.
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Options
    inori wrote: »

I bet it would either be some Thanos reality stone ? .... or Scarlet Witch trickery to pull F4 and Xmen into the MCU.. they could find a way to make either work.

Didnt Scarlet Witch change up reality once in the comics before??

Yes, though I forget the name of the storyline. There were no more mutants being born and Cyclops was going HAM in the marvel streets. Id also bet its the one theyd use to base a movie off for both teams. Being that it does revolve around the two.

I think its called The House Of M.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Options
    AP21 wrote: »
    fortyacres wrote: »

but he is dead

He’s dead in the future.

how sway

arent we all dead in the future?

Lol Logan was set in 2024 which gives room for a present day appearance. And that’s only if they don’t just flat out reboot or pull the alternate dimensions colliding card.

• Idiopathic Joker
    Options
    Y'all realize we have the potential to see Hulk vs Thing on film????????
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    Fan Theory:

Hulk and banner possibly split in Infinity War. In the trailers, you can see a grayish hand reaching towards banner who is on the ground, i think its in Doctor Strange's place, and that is the reasoning for banner being inside of the hulkbuster suit.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Options
    Fan Theory:

Hulk and banner possibly split in Infinity War. In the trailers, you can see a grayish hand reaching towards banner who is on the ground, i think its in Doctor Strange's place, and that is the reasoning for banner being inside of the hulkbuster suit.

How would they split?
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    Fan Theory:

How would they split?

Lots of possibilities. Maybe strange helps with magic or banner finds a way on his own. One of the infinity stones maybe.
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Fan Theory:

How would they split?

Either magic or science its been done before in comics and cartoons
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    Is that asain guy still the Hulk in the comics currently?

I have the arc from 2012 in single issues where Banner reforms with hulk after he went crazy lol. They got them a ? up relationship.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Options
    Is Deadpool 2 still shooting? Cause now we are really gonna get Deadpool making Thanos jokes to Cable