Options

Comments

• nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »
    nujerz84 wrote: »
    nujerz84 wrote: »
    Quite frankly its Zack Snyder fault for making 1 decent and 1 ? movie while having a Batman that supposedly been around for 20 years.

? Zack Snyder

Dude stepped back because he's trying to cope with his daughter's suicide, might want to lay off the man a bit given his personal situation. Also, let's not pretend his ideas didn't have to get greenlit by people above his pay grade. They could have easily have said "No, he's been around for 5 years tops" and cast a younger actor.

Both movies were made long before the tragedy.

My comment still stands. Snyder is the main guy who spear headed this Universe under his vision. In other words unless Flashpoint movie retcon things, all the other films are constrained to be set in this Universe that he created (Unless its set in the Past like Wonder Woman).

If Bats been around for 20 years and a Robin was killed by Joker (which they have yet to 100% confirm which Robin) its safe to say Bats had at least 3 Robins (Maybe 4 if they include Damien) a Batgirl and a Robin old enough to now be Nightwing. But they havent mentioned them at all.

Let not also forget that a Kara Zor El aka Supergirl also officially exists in this Universe.

Its Possible WB/DC believed his vision and any concerns they may have had, Snyder convinced them that it could work. And perhaps after the 2 movies that he did, they realized they may have made a mistake.

But that CAN work. How about let people cook up something with that potential and then talk. We need movies like The Batman and Nightwing to get here to get more Batman worldbuilding being expanded. That type of ? had no place in Batman V Superman cause the narrative never called for it. It's obvious especially after Suicide Squad that Gotham is it's own living breathing established thing in this universe. You just sound impatient.

Personally I have been asking for an established Batman with a batfamily on film for years now. So I'm glad Snyder introduced Batman with that elder statesman conceit.

My thing is better movies would have avoided all of these issues I bring up..if rumors are true it looks like WB has lost its patience.

Yes Batman family etc is big enough to form its own universe.

As far as narrative..there plenty of times in BVS during dialouge between Alfred and Bruce in which ? Grayson, Jason Todd or Barbra Gordon could have been mentioned.

3 examples off top.. 2 of the convos between Bruce and Alfred, one in which Alfred speaks of Rules Changing and Bruce saying we always been criminals nothing's changed..would be a spot to say its why it drove Master Grayson away to Bludhaven to be a cop.

The whole 20 Years in Gotham how many goods guys left how many stayed that way..another spot to perhaps mention/reference ? or Jason Todd.

Then you have the decrypting of Luthor's files which took long, could have been a spot to mention/reference Barbra Gordon/Oracle.

It definitly could have been done. For some reason they didn't do so.

Even in JL trailer its mentioned Bats no where to be found and crime rampant every where..

If these characters exists then you have to ask where were these character's.
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That trailer was ? trill as ? . After WW my optimism has been renewed. Can't wait till November
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Since Hal Jordan and John Stewart are the 2 confirmed laterns for the latern movies, right now it's basically guessing which one show up in JL
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY Members, Writer Posts: 17,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lou_Cypher wrote: »
    At 1:40 of the jleague trailer you can see bruce sitting watching a hologram of what appears to be superman. All you can see is a flowing red cape. But then the cape raises a bit and you can see the holograms bare legs with what looks like possible tattoos. People are saying it's supergirl.

Steppenwolf mentions in the trailer "no lanterns" as well. In the shot of the flying fox, you can see a glowing green light on the side of it.

Alfred may be speaking to superman, supergirl, or green lantern.

Can't wait till november!

Alfred is talking to the BLACK SUITED SUPERMAN imo. Republicans and conservatives gon suffer at this very moment of the movie
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,520 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    At 1:40 of the jleague trailer you can see bruce sitting watching a hologram of what appears to be superman. All you can see is a flowing red cape. But then the cape raises a bit and you can see the holograms bare legs with what looks like possible tattoos. People are saying it's supergirl.

Steppenwolf mentions in the trailer "no lanterns" as well. In the shot of the flying fox, you can see a glowing green light on the side of it.

Alfred may be speaking to superman, supergirl, or green lantern.

Can't wait till november!

Alfred is talking to the BLACK SUITED SUPERMAN imo. Republicans and conservatives gon suffer at this very moment of the movie

The green circular light in alfreds glasses tell me he is seeing green lanterns emblem in his chest. Either of us could be right though, we know superman is alive somehow
  • CottonCitySlim
    Options
    I feel like I'm the only one who really really wants to see a man of steel 2 before a lot of other movies
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    I feel like I'm the only one who really really wants to see a man of steel 2 before a lot of other movies

I really want to see it especially since the rumor is black adam will appear in it.

Everyone wants brainiac for the villain in mos2, but I think brainiac is justice league type fight and should be saved for that.

If adam isn't the only villain in mos, they should use eradicator or metallo or something.
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I've been catching up on DC comics and I'm just now reading forever evil. Ive just begun to read the fifth book. That ? dope I'm would like to see live action phase 2 or 3 based on this or maybe even a DC animated feature and before you stop me and say they already made crisis on two Earth's naw mayne crisis ain't got ? on forever evil
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SdYSF2ldvA

Mamoa later caught up with the kid when he was coming up for autographs and told him Superman is alive lol. This ? cracked me up though.
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If only Dark Knight Rises had been different, they could've built the DCEU around what Nolan created.
  • CottonCitySlim
    Options
    I like Batfleck Better
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I really want to see it especially since the rumor is black adam will appear in it.

Everyone wants brainiac for the villain in mos2, but I think brainiac is justice league type fight and should be saved for that.

If adam isn't the only villain in mos, they should use eradicator or metallo or something.

brainiac is a good choice for a superman movie. as many enemies superman has we haven't gotten anyone else besides lex luthor and general zod and the renegade kryptonians.
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rumor is Affleck is locked for the Matt Reeves trilogy and it will set up a Batman Beyond movie eventually.

Until Saturday when Rumor is Batman movie is delayed cause they dislike Reeves new script (sarcasam)
  • fortyacres
    fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,479 Regulator
    Options
  • Kairo
    Kairo Members Posts: 942 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rumor is Affleck is locked for the Matt Reeves trilogy and it will set up a Batman Beyond movie eventually.

Hmm I wonder who would make a good Terry.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I wouldn't be disappointed if they came through with the Elseworlds movies after Flashpoint. Also, they've been sitting on the concept art for a live action BB suit since DKR was in post, so it's not surprising they want to use that IP in the future considering they forked out for practical suit designs ages ago. It's like how the folded some of the Martian Manhunter's aesthetic intended for Miller's JL: Mortal into his Supergirl design.

Boaz Yakin was developing a Batman Beyond project at Warner Bros years before they decided to just go with Batman Begins. So it goes back even further than that.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    I might mark out if superman shows up during justice league and lays the smack down on Steppenwolf like he's supposed to been doing
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

So are we doing a huge time jump or will Terry Miginus exist with an active Red Robin/Red Hood/Nightwing/Damien Wayne?

Now I need to know if they will keep Jared Leto's Joker or re cast.
  • TheNightKing
    TheNightKing Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Batman Beyond was the dope cartoon. I think it's about time to move on from Batman and legacy heroes anyway. Hopefully all of these movies start incorporating the new generation of heroes (Miles Morales, female Iron Man, Kid Flash, etc.)