The Official DC Cinematic Universe thread - Now Showing - "The Justice League"

Options

Comments

• nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They do have stunt doubles and of course special effects/cgi so IDK why age would be a problem for WB.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »
    You dudes act like 50 is even old by today's standard when people more regularly live past 90. I mean he's no spring chicken but come on.

How come everybody forgets that when cats like Stallone and Arnold did Predator and Rambo III they were 40 something? Yet in the best shape of their life. Affleck not even out his 40s yet.

Even Keaton was in his 40s when he was Batman and he had an even heavier suit than Affleck. Studios too concerned with making leading men look like boys nowadays.

And Keaton got replaced for a younger model.

The issue is more a practical one in sofar as Ben Affleck is getting older and harder to insure as well as it being harder for Affleck to get into prime shape, Jackman has attested to that. He's also significantly older than the rest of the DCEU contracted cast except for Dwayne Johnson so by the time they are even finishing their current slate Affleck will be 55-56. He was a good choice for the role but not a great choice for a prolonged franchise at his age. There's talk of a Nightwing movie in the pipeline so maybe he'd retire/die and ? would take over the mantle? As an older Batman they could to a take on Batman And Son and transition into ? and Damian as the new Dynamic Duo while Bruce's version ascends to mythic status and he and Alfred work from the cave to help their boys out.

Yeah but Keaton only got replaced because he turned down the third movie. Had he decided to stay on board we'd have seen him in all 4 well into his 50s. I wouldn't get mad at the Batman Reborn Dynamic Duo eventually taking the reigns.
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol y'all acting like ben will be doing his own stunts at his old age. The fight scene to save Martha proved his stunt man will do all the good ? . Folks need to let Ben live
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »
    You dudes act like 50 is even old by today's standard when people more regularly live past 90. I mean he's no spring chicken but come on.

How come everybody forgets that when cats like Stallone and Arnold did Predator and Rambo III they were 40 something? Yet in the best shape of their life. Affleck not even out his 40s yet.

Even Keaton was in his 40s when he was Batman and he had an even heavier suit than Affleck. Studios too concerned with making leading men look like boys nowadays.

And Keaton got replaced for a younger model.

The issue is more a practical one in sofar as Ben Affleck is getting older and harder to insure as well as it being harder for Affleck to get into prime shape, Jackman has attested to that. He's also significantly older than the rest of the DCEU contracted cast except for Dwayne Johnson so by the time they are even finishing their current slate Affleck will be 55-56. He was a good choice for the role but not a great choice for a prolonged franchise at his age. There's talk of a Nightwing movie in the pipeline so maybe he'd retire/die and ? would take over the mantle? As an older Batman they could to a take on Batman And Son and transition into ? and Damian as the new Dynamic Duo while Bruce's version ascends to mythic status and he and Alfred work from the cave to help their boys out.

Keaton quit
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    17 new panels of ? . I swear you ? make me sick sometimes
  • HundredEyes
    HundredEyes Members Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mannnn...

The DCCU is cool and all but ? doesn't have to last longer than a decade lol. I would honestly rather have more original/stand alone movies, diverse like the comics are...new/different actors and ? .

• CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If the affleck rumors didn't have any legs, then why would Jeff johns say he feels the dcu is too bat centric and wants to go away from that
  • Broddie
    Options
    Because there is more to DC than just Batman and he wants to highlight that? How many of you really knew anything about Wonder Woman or The Flash before their movie or tv show besides what you may have seen in cartoons?

That's the point of making these movies.
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wonder who lines Cyborg up....
  • Broddie
    Options
    nujerz84 wrote: »
    Alex Ross Inspired Official Justice League Poster

xogns1.jpg

That's dope.
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    John Campea broke the rumor if Ben wanting to leave 5 months ago. First BvS underperforms, then he drops out as director of the solo film, then they scrap his script.

Between Ben wanting out and Kyrie Irving wanting out, this summer don't make no damn sense lol
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,520 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The next DC Extended Universe movies are...
    SHAZAM!
    SUICIDE SQUAD 2!
    JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK!
    FLASHPOINT!
    WONDER WOMAN 2!
    GREEN LANTERN CORPS!
    BATGIRL!
    THE BATMAN!!

(Andrew Gifford)
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    With batman being yhe last film, makes you wonder if affleck is really being replaced
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    This what Ben Said at the Panel

:"Let me be clear," says Affleck, "Batman is the greatest f--king part in the world. I am thrilled to do it.":

He also says that he would be an ape in the background for Matt Reeves if he has too.,

There was mention his contract is up in 2020.

So it sounds like he still wants to be Batman after all.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Options
    No Man of Steel 2?????
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    hjmhyhspem3m.jpg

Maybe not. Updates from panel coming in slowly will probably just post bullet points when they are finished
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    No Man of Steel 2?????

I'm not sure if what I posted is an officiao timeline of the films. May have just been title reveals and movies in development
  • nj2089
    nj2089 Members Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hope that's Green Latern at the end
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    Steppenwolf looks badass
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    nj2089 wrote: »
    Hope that's Green Latern at the end

Gotta be him or probably superman
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    WOOOOOOO!
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooOOOooooOoOo
    OOOoooOOOOooooOoOoOOOOOooOOOOOOOOOOoooooooo.....*!!!!!!!!
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Options
    Lou_Cypher wrote: »
    New league trailer released!

https://youtu.be/g_6yBZKj-eo

Off the ? chain
  • Cutler 26 INT's LOL!
    Cutler 26 INT's LOL! Members Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dark horse. Ima say its Martian Manhunter.