Comments

• DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    fortyacres wrote: »
    fortyacres wrote: »
    Patty Jenkins >>> Zack Snyder

Zack Snyder worked on Wonder Woman

did he really though just coz you get a producer credit dont mean you worked on a movie.

Speilberg gets EP credit on all the Tranfomers movies i doubt he gives a ? about then ? .

That's the problem with Producer credits. They're not an indication with how involved someone is with a film.
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    iron man1 wrote: »
    Lou_Cypher wrote: »
    Damn thats pretty crazy

BVS should've been an easy billy smh but WW earned those dollars WB better lock down Patty asap.

the film's quality was its downfall. for BvS
  • Maywood
    Maywood Members Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    HD Copy Just Dropped Today : Brought to you by Kodi Gang07bec0pnvlfk.gif
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,520 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Matt Reeves On What His Batman Movie Will Be Like

The next feature film to focus on the Dark Knight has experienced a rough development since it was first announced, but now it appears the future production is on the right track.

With War for the Planet Of The Apes set to release in less than two weeks, director Matt Reeves is beginning to shift his focus toward The Batman. And despite hitting a few snags early in negotiations with Warner Bros., he has since signed on and begun developing his version of the Caped Crusader in the shared DC movie universe.

Reeves spoke on Variety’s Playback podcast with Khristopher Tapley about the kind of movie he wants to make and the similarities between Batman and the main character in his Apes films.

“What I see in Batman that I find so interesting is that, in a way, he reminds me of Caesar, in that he is a character with a really troubled past who is grappling within himself to try to do the right thing in a really imperfect world, in a corrupt world,” Reeves said. “That provides an opportunity, again, if you want to take that point-of-view storytelling — and I can imagine the story as being like a noir. The originals from the golden age were detective stories. I think if you can marry that with the personal, there’s a chance to do something very exciting.”

UP NEXT: Matt Reeves Says Warner Bros. Is Excited About The Batman

The Batman has seen some retooling after Ben Affleck dropped out from directing the film. The project was originally written by Affleck and DC Entertainment president Geoff Johns, and then rewritten by Chris Terrio.

While there were rumors that Affleck would drop out of the role too, Reeves has since confirmed the actor would be playing the role.

With the movie picking up steam, hopefully we learn more about Warner Bros. plans for the film — maybe at San Diego Comic-Con? We’ll find out in a few weeks. The character will next pop up in Justice League on November 17.

http://comicbook.com/movies/2017/07/01/matt-reeves-on-what-his-batman-movie-will-be-like/
  • lazypakman
    lazypakman Members Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Long Halloween would be perfect for the direction they want to take.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No nothing by Jeph Loeb please. Do something original.
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    Rupert Wyatt (Dawn of the Planet of the Apes) is rumored to be signed on to Direct Green Lantern Corps
  • Broddie
    Options
    He directed Rise. Reeves directed Dawn.
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lazypakman wrote: »
    The Long Halloween would be perfect for the direction they want to take.

Nolan already used Long Halloween for his movies.
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cast Of Justice League Cartoon do a table reading.

https://youtu.be/6A8_6H0Spfo
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I tried watching the DVD screener for ww and I couldn't make t past the first battle. It's so much cut from the China release
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    Wonder Woman Pushes the DC Extended Universe to $3 Billion Worldwide

The DC Extended Universe has now earned $3 billion at the global box office.

The success of Wonder Woman is such that the movie is now the highest-grossing DC Extended Universe film at the domestic box office -- but this week, the Amazing Amazon helped the studio pass another benchmark that saw her working with Man of Steel and Suicide Squad, rather than being pitted against them.

The movie has earned over $700 million at this point, despite opening lower than Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice and being banned in some countries due to star Gal Gadot's ties to the Israeli military.

Man of Steel earned $668 million worldwide, while Batman v Superman took home over $873 million and Suicide Squad managed $745 million. Wonder Woman currently sits at just under $714 million.

Before she was Wonder Woman, she was Diana, Princess of the Amazons, trained to be an unconquerable warrior. Raised on a sheltered island paradise, when an American pilot crashes on their shores and tells of a massive conflict raging in the outside world, Diana leaves her home, convinced she can stop the threat. Fighting alongside man in a war to end all wars, Diana will discover her full powers…and her true destiny.

http://comicbook.com/dc/2017/07/05/wonder-woman-dc-extended-universe-3-billion/
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Best movie to come from DC since TDK.
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    They got a good quality version of WW out w/ the Chinese Subtitles. Rewatched it yesterday. That No man's land scene is too dope. Love when she jumps into the building and is surrounded by soldiers, then her theme song comes on and she starts whooping ass. GOAT.
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    I remember seeing Avengers in theaters at the midnight showing. That was one of the craziest movie experiences ever haha. ? was hype beginning to end.
  • Broddie
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Marvel Studios movies didn't make big money till that first Avengers movie though. Iron Man being the exception. All 4 movies in the DCEU made over half a billion plus out the gate. Makes sense though. On a worldwide level these characters are far more iconic than Marvels.
  • 313 wayz
    313 wayz Members Posts: 2,179 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    She would be a good fit for the role because she is only 21 and killed her role in "13 Reasons Why"

http://www.ibtimes.com/will-13-reasons-why-star-katherine-langford-play-lead-batgirl-2561439

Will ‘13 Reasons Why’ Star Katherine Langford Play The Lead In ‘Batgirl’?

According to the Daily Mail, Langford is currently up and running against Elle Fanning and Bella Thorne for the iconic female superhero role. The publication also revealed that an artist working at Warner Brothers was asked to create a list of actresses he would recreate. Additionally, the publication claims that the official lead star for the movie will be revealed on July 20.

katherine-langford.jpg

In March, “Batgirl” director Joss Whedon told Variety that it is highly unlikely that they will cast a very popular lead star for “Batgirl.” “I think this is somewhere where you go and find Batgirl and then you cast her. I mean, I’m not against movie stars, they’re great, but you need somebody who is just right,” he said.

Langford is fairly new in the industry. The Australian actress just gained fame after starring in Netflix’s teen drama, “13 Reasons Why.” In the 13-episode series, Langford played the role of Hannah Baker, a high school student who committed suicide after being bullied and ? by her schoolmates.

Last month, Langford opened up to Deadline on what it was like landing in “13 Reasons Why” as her first and biggest break in the industry. According to the actress, she learned so much from just being cast in the series. “I think I grew as an actor because there were so many things to learn, and so many hard parts of life to play out in Hannah’s journey. One of the challenges I overcame on ‘13 Reasons Why’ was just knowing the technicalities of what it’s like to be a working actor,” she said.

Meanwhile, Netflix has renewed “13 Reasons Why” for Season 2, and it is expected that the sequel will also have 13 episodes. The upcoming installments will focus more on the other characters’ journeys post Hannah’s death, but the lead character will still be heavily featured in the show. The series also stars Dylan Minnette as Clay Jensen, Brandon Flynn as Justin, Christian Navarro as Tony, Kate Walsh as Mrs. Baker and more. As of late, the official release date for “13 Reasons Why” hasn’t been announced yet.
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    Love me some bella thorne
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    Cain wrote: »
    Lou_Cypher wrote: »
    Wonder Woman Pushes the DC Extended Universe to $3 Billion Worldwide

The DC Extended Universe has now earned $3 billion at the global box office.

The success of Wonder Woman is such that the movie is now the highest-grossing DC Extended Universe film at the domestic box office -- but this week, the Amazing Amazon helped the studio pass another benchmark that saw her working with Man of Steel and Suicide Squad, rather than being pitted against them.

The movie has earned over $700 million at this point, despite opening lower than Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice and being banned in some countries due to star Gal Gadot's ties to the Israeli military.

Man of Steel earned $668 million worldwide, while Batman v Superman took home over $873 million and Suicide Squad managed $745 million. Wonder Woman currently sits at just under $714 million.

Before she was Wonder Woman, she was Diana, Princess of the Amazons, trained to be an unconquerable warrior. Raised on a sheltered island paradise, when an American pilot crashes on their shores and tells of a massive conflict raging in the outside world, Diana leaves her home, convinced she can stop the threat. Fighting alongside man in a war to end all wars, Diana will discover her full powers…and her true destiny.

http://comicbook.com/dc/2017/07/05/wonder-woman-dc-extended-universe-3-billion/

Those are great numbers but damn it's crazy that The Avengers movie's done a billion on their own.

Imagine what Infinity War will do
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AoU was trash.

I was highly upset
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    I didnt hate ultron, but it definitely did not give me that same feeling as the first one did.
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    313 wayz wrote: »
    She would be a good fit for the role because she is only 21 and killed her role in "13 Reasons Why"

http://www.ibtimes.com/will-13-reasons-why-star-katherine-langford-play-lead-batgirl-2561439

Will ‘13 Reasons Why’ Star Katherine Langford Play The Lead In ‘Batgirl’?

According to the Daily Mail, Langford is currently up and running against Elle Fanning and Bella Thorne for the iconic female superhero role. The publication also revealed that an artist working at Warner Brothers was asked to create a list of actresses he would recreate. Additionally, the publication claims that the official lead star for the movie will be revealed on July 20.

katherine-langford.jpg

In March, “Batgirl” director Joss Whedon told Variety that it is highly unlikely that they will cast a very popular lead star for “Batgirl.” “I think this is somewhere where you go and find Batgirl and then you cast her. I mean, I’m not against movie stars, they’re great, but you need somebody who is just right,” he said.

Langford is fairly new in the industry. The Australian actress just gained fame after starring in Netflix’s teen drama, “13 Reasons Why.” In the 13-episode series, Langford played the role of Hannah Baker, a high school student who committed suicide after being bullied and ? by her schoolmates.

Last month, Langford opened up to Deadline on what it was like landing in “13 Reasons Why” as her first and biggest break in the industry. According to the actress, she learned so much from just being cast in the series. “I think I grew as an actor because there were so many things to learn, and so many hard parts of life to play out in Hannah’s journey. One of the challenges I overcame on ‘13 Reasons Why’ was just knowing the technicalities of what it’s like to be a working actor,” she said.

Meanwhile, Netflix has renewed “13 Reasons Why” for Season 2, and it is expected that the sequel will also have 13 episodes. The upcoming installments will focus more on the other characters’ journeys post Hannah’s death, but the lead character will still be heavily featured in the show. The series also stars Dylan Minnette as Clay Jensen, Brandon Flynn as Justin, Christian Navarro as Tony, Kate Walsh as Mrs. Baker and more. As of late, the official release date for “13 Reasons Why” hasn’t been announced yet.

nah she looks like Alicia Silverstone. Barbara Jordan should be way more attractive than that but not too cute or hot. I used to always think that nikki ? from that old wb sitcom that was like married with children should play her but she was too hot.
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I had a dc animated marathon last night starting with son of batman and ending with justice league flashpoint. I watched son of batman and batman badblood back to back. son of batman wasn't that bad except they made slade look like a ? . I haven't read much batman lately. does Damien still have superpowers?
    also I watched a few episodes of jlu and I remember that old superman cartoon from '88 when wonderwoman used to guest star sometimes. now wonder woman can fly were in superfriends and the old live action tv series she couldn't. how is it that wonder woman is able to fly and since she can fly why have a supergirl? she was unnecessary. justice league gods and monsters was dope also I haven't watched these movies in years.
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    Nah damian doesn't have powers anymore.