Official Star Wars Cinematic Universe Thread: Now Showing : Ep VIII - The Last Jedi (15 Dec)

Options

Comments

• cannonspike1994
    cannonspike1994 Members Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    VIBE wrote: »
    King Mocha, what's the books he's in?

Star wars before the awakening and The force awakens novel (the novel is much better than the movie.)
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How long ago were these written?
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Finn is a badass in the novel and the book before the awakening. The movie doesn't do the character justice.

Wait....what???

Hes less goofy in the book.

So I'm reading the back story for Finn's character and I'm thoroughly impressed.
    He's the first orders best stormtrooper. Exceptionally smart, 100% accuracy with a blaster and an expert strategist. The reason why Captain Phasma placed him in sanitation is because he expresses empathy towards his teammates and successfully rescued FN2003 during a training stimulation. FN2003 or slip is the ? that Poe Dameron killed and he wiped his blood on Finn's helmet. The First order knows that Finn is their top stormtrooper and he learns everything exceptionally fast. Why didn't they explain this in the movie though? They had the ? looking weak and sprung af. Also why does he have a red light saber in that pic. Those are siths sabers.
    It's yellow
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Han was a soldier before becoming a smuggler
  • Peace_79
    Peace_79 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    FourEfil wrote: »
    If we talking characters they did wrong it was Windu.

He was supposed to be the best fighter, even believed to be better than Yoda, and Sidious threw his ass out the window.

Ain't no debate to be had because its only 1/3 of the story. We don't know where they will take Finn but If you wanna keep it real, Luke was a ? in a New Hope. So I don't know where the complaints come from.
    I think Finn will be a jedi I can't imagine Rey being the only one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cF3ocZu4cZo

Maces does this

Not gon' lie ... That cartoon look dope af.

Gonna have to check for that ? on Netflix
  • cannonspike1994
    cannonspike1994 Members Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Peace_79 wrote: »

He was supposed to be the best fighter, even believed to be better than Yoda, and Sidious threw his ass out the window.

Ain't no debate to be had because its only 1/3 of the story. We don't know where they will take Finn but If you wanna keep it real, Luke was a ? in a New Hope. So I don't know where the complaints come from.

Maces does this

The whole series is on youtube its 2 hours long

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVk9lPotcW4
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Peace_79 wrote: »

Maces does this

That piston ship was stone cold ether

I slept on clone wars too. Didn't see these joints til like a year after
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2016
    Options
    (ob)Scene wrote: »
    Finn is a badass in the novel and the book before the awakening. The movie doesn't do the character justice.

Wait....what???

So I'm reading the back story for Finn's character and I'm thoroughly impressed.
    He's the first orders best stormtrooper. Exceptionally smart, 100% accuracy with a blaster and an expert strategist. The reason why Captain Phasma placed him in sanitation is because he expresses empathy towards his teammates and successfully rescued FN2003 during a training stimulation. FN2003 or slip is the ? that Poe Dameron killed and he wiped his blood on Finn's helmet. The First order knows that Finn is their top stormtrooper and he learns everything exceptionally fast. Why didn't they explain this in the movie though? They had the ? looking weak and sprung af. Also why does he have a red light saber in that pic. Those are siths sabers.
    Jesus. That's dope as hell & it's canon so there's no need to fret too hard on it not being in the movie. Like we've been saying it's the first movie of a new trilogy... of course that will all be uncovered moving forward. It's funny that they say he was their best shot because that's exactly what I said the movie implied in my earlier post & monk tried to tell me I was wrong. That explains why both Phasma & Kylo Ren immediately knew it was him that broke out Poe.

I personally don't believe they had him looking weak, the context clues just went over the heads of people that wanted everything spelled out for him. I haven't read a single sentence of the novelization. It's no coincidence that the things I've been saying about the character turns out to be true.

lol My ? why you lying. I didn't tell you anything about how he compared as a storm trooper. I said the movie didn't develop him, and it didn't. It's great that he has a rich backstory and is a gangsta ass character. The movie didn't show us any of that. Now I'm sure they can expand on that going forward, but that doesn't stop the first movie from being a waste as far as his character is concerned. There is absolutely no reason they couldn't have started building that foundation in this movie. And this still feeds into what I said before. If this ? really is
    best storm trooper
    that's all the more reason he shouldn't be getting giddy like a schoolgirl every time he accomplishes something. I didn't like the character, but again, my main problem isn't with the character, it's with the way they chose to utilize him in the movie. It seemed like they're whole reason for doing that was so that they could maintain some ambiguity as far as who the Jedi-to-be was. And to me, that's stupid.
  • (ob)Scene
    (ob)Scene Members Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Wait....what???

Jesus. That's dope as hell & it's canon so there's no need to fret too hard on it not being in the movie. Like we've been saying it's the first movie of a new trilogy... of course that will all be uncovered moving forward. It's funny that they say he was their best shot because that's exactly what I said the movie implied in my earlier post & monk tried to tell me I was wrong. That explains why both Phasma & Kylo Ren immediately knew it was him that broke out Poe.

I personally don't believe they had him looking weak, the context clues just went over the heads of people that wanted everything spelled out for him. I haven't read a single sentence of the novelization. It's no coincidence that the things I've been saying about the character turns out to be true.

lol My ? why you lying. I didn't tell you anything about how he compared as a storm trooper. I said the movie didn't develop him, and it didn't. It's great that he has a rich backstory and is a gangsta ass character. The movie didn't show us any of that. Now I'm sure they can expand on that going forward, but that doesn't stop the first movie from being a waste as far as his character is concerned. There is absolutely no reason they couldn't have started building that foundation in this movie. And this still feeds into what I said before. If this ? really is
    best storm trooper
    that's all the more reason he shouldn't be getting giddy like a schoolgirl every time he accomplishes something. I didn't like the character, but again, my main problem isn't with the character, it's with the way they chose to utilize him in the movie. It seemed like they're whole reason for doing that was so that they could maintain some ambiguity as far as who the Jedi-to-be was. And to me, that's stupid.
    I'm not lying... how was I, in my previous post, able to tell you that I got the implication that he was a good shot and have it turn out that the novelization says he was the best shot in the first order? That's no coincidence, fam. I obviously picked up on it from somewhere.

And you being mad he cheered in the heat of the moment (like Han does several times in the original trilogy) is the definition of a nitpick. You're entitled to that opinion but a ? is a ? . Should Russell Westbrook not scream at the top of his lungs whenever he throws down a hard dunk because he's done it hundreds of times? How many war movies have we seen where someone makes a clutch shot with lives on the line and the squadron lets out a cheer?

And I don't believe that you really had a problem with the Jedi ambiuity because if it had went the other way you clearly wouldn't have had an issue with it. Your real problem was that the story didn't turn out the way YOU wanted it to turn out.
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I been thinking about going to Walmart or somewhere and picking up a Star Wars figure and holding on to it. Y'all think that's a good investment potentially? I saw a Finn one at the dollar store the other day for 10 bucks. Didn't see what else they had
  • BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Wait....what???

It's yellow

I wonder if they'll make him his own character. A mixture of a Jedi and a gunslinger. I really hope they build on him. I'm not saying he has to be the next Luke but just an entirely different character that adds body to the storyline.
  • BangEm_Bart
    Options
    And with Disney making billions, they're making a black panther movie with a black director and predominantly black cast. Them crakkker jews in hollywood gonna be ? af.
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They were genius to take a percentage of the box office numbers.

Force Awakens is easily on its way to be the highest grossing film of all time.

Finn winning forreal aka Black excellence

they didnt have a choice, look at the marvel contracts

disney forces lesser know actors to take those types of contracts, these 2 just happen to luck out it was star wars
  • BangEm_Bart
    Options
    My bad about a few post back. I forgot that star wars is owned by disney/marvel and disney has been consistent with giving blacks/minorities equal roles. I do see progress in minorities in future films given their history so I'll keep having faith. Finn's character will not be weak at all and if you think about it...
    Poe's character was the strongest in this film.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Wait....what???

best storm trooper
    I'm not lying... how was I, in my previous post, able to tell you that I got the implication that he was a good shot and have it turn out that the novelization says he was the best shot in the first order? That's no coincidence, fam. I obviously picked up on it from somewhere.

And you being mad he cheered in the heat of the moment (like Han does several times in the original trilogy) is the definition of a nitpick. You're entitled to that opinion but a ? is a ? . Should Russell Westbrook not scream at the top of his lungs whenever he throws down a hard dunk because he's done it hundreds of times? How many war movies have we seen where someone makes a clutch shot with lives on the line and the squadron lets out a cheer?

And I don't believe that you really had a problem with the Jedi ambiuity because if it had went the other way you clearly wouldn't have had an issue with it. Your real problem was that the story didn't turn out the way YOU wanted it to turn out.

? , you ain't even arguing against me now. You arguing against ? you've made up in your head. I had no expectations for how the movie or the characters would turn out. As I've already said, I liked the movie. I didn't care for Finn, but again, as I've said, I didn't dislike him so much it ruined the movie for me.

And the first thing I even noted in here is that I found the Jedi ambiguity annoying. Having Finn as the Solo analog would have been perfectly fine with me. Solo was my favorite character from the OT. If that's what he's supposed to be, they should have worked on establishing that in this movie, not play some game of "Is he or isn't he a Jedi" for the whole movie. What's the point of that.

And the comparison to Russell Westbrook is stupid, but going with it, yes it would be dumb if every time Westbrook hit a shot of any kind, he celebrated like it was the first shot he ever hit. It would be stupid if he reacted after every game the same way he would if he won the championship. That's how Finn looked. It's not like he was making some crazy shots. Again, one of his targets was a stationary gun turret. My problem is not that he got excited or showed emotion. My problem is that excitement and emotion was overboard for someone who was trained for combat and supposedly the best at the craft. Was this the worse thing in the history in film. No, it was just one example I was giving for why I didn't like the character.
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    fortyacres wrote: »
    2nd Highest Grossing movie of all time domestic (unadjusted) so far.

Jesus and it's only been 2 weeks SMMFH, that's incredible. By the end of the year it'll EASILY take the thrown domestically, internationally-worldwide.... Disney gonna have the GOAT 2016. They got the new Captain America droppin, Black Panther, can they really lose ??? I think not. One movie and in 2 weeks they already made back 25% of their money invested in Star Wars.

Doc Strange is going to do damage as well next year.
  • BangEm_Bart
    Options
    But judging from the picture and his ability to wield a saber, he will have one as a weapon. I don't think he'll be a jedi but he will master a light saber and based on his backstory he's a dope gunman. Essentially he'll be better than Han and Leia and probably take lead over the resistance while banging out Reys jedi ? on the side.
  • king mocha
    king mocha Members Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    Jar Jar Binx aint no ? sith LOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Dude was really deep with his analysis lol
  • Juttythe3rd
    Juttythe3rd Members Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    king mocha wrote: »
    Must watch video on who snoke may be

bruh...
  • (ob)Scene
    (ob)Scene Members Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2016
    Options

Wait....what???

best storm trooper

? , you ain't even arguing against me now. You arguing against ? you've made up in your head. I had no expectations for how the movie or the characters would turn out. As I've already said, I liked the movie. I didn't care for Finn, but again, as I've said, I didn't dislike him so much it ruined the movie for me.

You disliked the way he turned out. You'd prefer that he were different. More aligned with what you feel in your head the character should have been in retrospect. That's what I'm saying. Not that you had any type of expectations going in.
    And the comparison to Russell Westbrook is stupid, but going with it, yes it would be dumb if every time Westbrook hit a shot of any kind, he celebrated like it was the first shot he ever hit. It would be stupid if he reacted after every game the same way he would if he won the championship. That's how Finn looked. It's not like he was making some crazy shots. Again, one of his targets was a stationary gun turret. My problem is not that he got excited or showed emotion. My problem is that excitement and emotion was overboard for someone who was trained for combat and supposedly the best at the craft. Was this the worse thing in the history in film. No, it was just one example I was giving for why I didn't like the character.

1355.gif

And now you're reaching because Finn didn't cheer after every shot he made in the movie so why are you talking about Westbrook hitting a shot of any kind?

There's nothing egregious about your opinion. I'm just saying that I disagree and telling you why. What you saw as needless excitement, I saw as personality & charisma.
  • FishNChips
    FishNChips Members Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A$AP_A$TON wrote: »
    I been thinking about going to Walmart or somewhere and picking up a Star Wars figure and holding on to it. Y'all think that's a good investment potentially? I saw a Finn one at the dollar store the other day for 10 bucks. Didn't see what else they had

lmao stop it mate. you one of those folks that thinks something is old it must be worth something too?

tryin to buy toys in hopes that they'll become collectible and worth more money is an even bigger shot in the dark than buying stocks.
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    These two are my favorite scenes from clone wars this in right before the start of Episode 3.
    https://youtu.be/xTnpqjJae-g

https://youtu.be/64-3talVkUA

• Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Mr.LV wrote: »
    These two are my favorite scenes from clone wars this in right before the start of Episode 3.
    https://youtu.be/xTnpqjJae-g

https://youtu.be/64-3talVkUA

It's funny, I was watching this like a few months ago...

I wish grievous was like this in ep 3
  • BangEm_Bart
    Options
    I wonder if Maz is related to Yoda.
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    FishNChips wrote: »
    A$AP_A$TON wrote: »

lmao stop it mate. you one of those folks that thinks something is old it must be worth something too?

tryin to buy toys in hopes that they'll become collectible and worth more money is an even bigger shot in the dark than buying stocks.

Lol shot in the dark brah