Official Star Wars Cinematic Universe Thread: Now Showing : Ep VIII - The Last Jedi (15 Dec)

Options

Comments

• Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TFA wasnt bad... but it wasn't special either. I'm just chalkin that up to it being the setup movie. I'm in a weird place where I only kinda like SW but for whatever reason I keep lettin y'all ? get me hype off this ? .

Had me binge watching Clone Wars.

Rogue One the best SW movie out of all of them to me even tho it was the least Star warsy. Trailer for this look like it's shaping up nicely tho
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Finn better become a force user or become a madalorian

Anything else is a waste of his character
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I doubt he'll become either one. He'll be the "Han Solo" of this trilogy.
  • sapp08_2001
    sapp08_2001 Members Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

U might be right. But im hoping he will be a jedi
  • Splackavelli
    Options

Janina gavankar from Tru blood or ask Ms Dewey is the main character in the story
  • CottonCitySlim
    Options

Naw that's supposed to the pilot dude
  • Agrv2385
    Agrv2385 Members Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Disney has closed out celebration with a new look at their upcoming Star Wars attraction

On Saturday, Star Wars Celebration debuted a new video teasing the exciting things on the way soon from a galaxy far, far away. In the player below, you can take a look at the upcoming Walt Disney Parks Star Wars attraction that should be opening its doors in 2019.

“This project is the most ambitious project I’ve ever seen in the history of Walt Disney Imagineering,” says Chris Beatty, Executive Creative Director Walt Disney Imagineering.

The new video hits alongside an update to the Disney Parks Blog, teasing the backstory of the new Star Wars attraction:

The team shared exciting new details about the story behind this mysterious destination somewhere on the Outer Rim — lying on the edge of the Unknown Regions. The remote village was once a busy crossroads along the old sub-lightspeed trade routes, but the prominence of the outpost has been bypassed with the rise of hyperspace travel. Now home to those who prefer less attention, it has become a thriving port for smugglers, rogue traders and adventurers traveling between the frontier and uncharted space. It’s also a convenient safe-haven for others intent on avoiding the expanding reach of the First Order.

The 14-acre Star Wars attraction will be the largest-ever single-themed land expansion at Disneyland Resort. Look for it to open in 2019.

Read more at http://www.superherohype.com/news/395203-star-wars-attraction#mqMjVu35gA5rA8Pm.99
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I would post that rebels season 4 teaser but ? that show
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options

Naw that's supposed to the pilot dude

Nah, the pilot dude was always part of the Rebellion. Remember Finn didn't give a ? about the rebellion. He was going to leave and only came back when Rei was taken. He's much more like Solo.
  • Splackavelli
    Options
    Beta wrote: »
    I would post that rebels season 4 teaser but ? that show

that season 4 trailer didn't look so hype anyway. ashoka is dead also. rebels is only good when guest characters like lando, leia, rex, obi-wan ,vader etc shows up. the core cast is bland and uninteresting.
  • Beta
    Options
    Rebels got like 35 eps and only 4 of them are good
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Options
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah will probably learn that sith way and Jedi way is what doesnt bring no balance to the force. And only way tk bring back balance is to be neutral ... that's probably why Luke went into hiding

Mace I feel knew this to a degree
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Who are reys parents?
  • CottonCitySlim
    Options
    Who are reys parents?

People are saying Disney pumped faked and she isnt a skywalker or a kenobi based on a recent interview with ridley letting something sneak out
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Who are reys parents?

We find out in December Rian Johnson (Director) confirmed it.
  • Cabana_Da_Don
    Cabana_Da_Don Members Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mace could see a persons weakness and future problems that´s one of his powers.He seen that Anakin would ? something up plus Yoda knew Anakin was struggling with fear.
  • Beta
    Options
    Mace could see a persons weakness and future problems that´s one of his powers.He seen that Anakin would ? something up plus Yoda knew Anakin was struggling with fear.

Well they sure did a good job at helping him out
  • inori
    inori Members Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I love the Mace Windu character but the movies did him ? . if he was that dope.. he shoulda known Anakin wasn't ? and was gon chop his arm(s) off and get his ass electrocuted out a high story window by palpatine. That shoulda been his number one future problem if he was that ill wit it.

I think we can all agree the Jedi Order was feeling themselves and got took for the okiedoke back then
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    inori wrote: »

I love the Mace Windu character but the movies did him ? . if he was that dope.. he shoulda known Anakin wasn't ? and was gon chop his arm(s) off and get his ass electrocuted out a high story window by palpatine. That shoulda been his number one future problem if he was that ill wit it.

I think we can all agree the Jedi Order was feeling themselves and got took for the okiedoke back then

lol He couldn't tell the future that precisely. He just knew that Anakin had the potential to be a problem. Some ? was just beyond his control, name Palpatine's influence. Mace couldn't stop Palpatine from helping Anakin along the way

Also, the movies didn't really go into it, but the Clone Wars and Rebels both kinda made it clear that that the Jedi were wrong. The Jedi believed balance in the Force meant embracing the Light side and eliminating the Dark side. In the Clone Wars, the Father told Anakin that true balance was when the Light and Dark sides existed in harmony. That sentiment was echoed by that Force sensitive monster near the Rebel base in Rebels. He basically laughed at the idea that the Jedi had the right idea. The episodes with the Father and his children also hinted at the fact that Anakin's destiny of balancing the Force meant destroying the Sith and the Jedi.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options

lol He couldn't tell the future that precisely. He just knew that Anakin had the potential to be a problem. Some ? was just beyond his control, name Palpatine's influence. Mace couldn't stop Palpatine from helping Anakin along the way

Also, the movies didn't really go into it, but the Clone Wars and Rebels both kinda made it clear that that the Jedi were wrong. The Jedi believed balance in the Force meant embracing the Light side and eliminating the Dark side. In the Clone Wars, the Father told Anakin that true balance was when the Light and Dark sides existed in harmony. That sentiment was echoed by that Force sensitive monster near the Rebel base in Rebels. He basically laughed at the idea that the Jedi had the right idea. The episodes with the Father and his children also hinted at the fact that Anakin's destiny of balancing the Force meant destroying the Sith and the Jedi.

And that goes with what Luke said in the trailer... how the Jedi is dead or something
  • Splackavelli
    Options

And that goes with what Luke said in the trailer... how the Jedi is dead or something

"its time for the jedi to end"
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    that's the worst part about the prequels imo, the amount of potential they had but the terrible execution of it all