Official Star Wars Cinematic Universe Thread: Now Showing : Ep VIII - The Last Jedi (15 Dec)

Options

Comments

• Valentinez A. Kaiser
    Valentinez A. Kaiser Members Posts: 9,028 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Beta wrote: »
    What if I told you, had mace accepted Anakin more he wouldn't have been right about him?

That's not really true though. Anakin's treatment by the council was instrumental in his fall, but ultimately the major factor was his fear of losing Padme. Even if Mace and the others treated him better, the Emperor would have still been able to exploit that.

If the jedi weren't on some "no ? " ? anakin coulda asked obi wan and others for help lol

But yeah you're right

they can have ? , but no attachments - sounds like a player's club!
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What if I told you, had mace accepted Anakin more he wouldn't have been right about him?

That's not really true though. Anakin's treatment by the council was instrumental in his fall, but ultimately the major factor was his fear of losing Padme. Even if Mace and the others treated him better, the Emperor would have still been able to exploit that.

If the jedi weren't on some "no ? " ? anakin coulda asked obi wan and others for help lol

But yeah you're right

But yeah you're right

Its true even obi -wan had an affair. His girl got killed in the battle of geonosis. At the part when the droids have the jedi surrounded you see obi wan checking a fallen jedi for life signs, that was her. Also in the clone wars obi wan and the govenor of correlia had strong feelings for each other when they wrre younger. I guess the jedi recognizes that some species have biological needs.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

But yeah you're right

The crazy thing is the Clone Wars series and the prequel movies are both supposed to canon. As far as plot elements goes, they are pretty consistent. However, when it comes to Anakin's characterization, they are pretty different. If we're talking about Clone Wars Anakin, I'd agree withyou. He was pretty crazy when it came to Padme, but I do believe if he had a little support, he probably could have dealt with things better. Prequel trilogy Anakin was a whiny brat though. Even if Kenobi supported him, I still can't see him resisting the Dark Side if Padme was on the line.
  • fortyacres
    fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,479 Regulator
    Options

I been sayin this , Mace was that hatin ass coach who made his star player quit a good sports program.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    I just thought about it, but there is another thing that people don't know or don't understand about Mace's hard stance against Anakin. Mace's fighting style basically has him skirting the line between the Light Side and Dark Side. He probably understands the Dark Side and it's temptations better than anyone else in the Jedi Order, so he has the best perspective of whether or not accepting Anakin was a good thing.
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Lol @ kodi having rogue one in great quality only after the blu ray came out

W/e though
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I just thought about it, but there is another thing that people don't know or don't understand about Mace's hard stance against Anakin. Mace's fighting style basically has him skirting the line between the Light Side and Dark Side. He probably understands the Dark Side and it's temptations better than anyone else in the Jedi Order, so he has the best perspective of whether or not accepting Anakin was a good thing.

That's a failure of the prequels though for not really exploring the characters like that. I only knew being a fan of the EU but instead of them wackass senate no one gives a ? hearings they could've expanded on Mace, brought Bane the bounty hunter from the Clone Wars series, and even expanded a bit on Darth Bane and the rule of two. I'd be in for a trilogy about him personally.
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Can y'all explain how it took Yoda and Obi Wan years to master becoming a force ghost with rigorous training but Anakin just became one without knowing anything about it
  • Beta
    Options
    Because Anakin was the GOAT
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    iron man1 wrote: »

That's a failure of the prequels though for not really exploring the characters like that. I only knew being a fan of the EU but instead of them wackass senate no one gives a ? hearings they could've expanded on Mace, brought Bane the bounty hunter from the Clone Wars series, and even expanded a bit on Darth Bane and the rule of two. I'd be in for a trilogy about him personally.

I agree, but to be fair, you couldn't have really done that justice in movie form. They needed a series which is why I believe they made the Clone Wars series canon.
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They had to tone down Mace Windu's trillness so they could focus on unherbifying Hayden Christiansen's Anakin

Had to dig in the crates for this, but I found it

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mj07qh51zPI

Before he became Vice Principal Windu. Never forget
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Damn, just realized the black kid Anakin helped in Clone Wars that became the hot headed rebel in Rebels is the same dude Forrest played in Rogue One.

1408.gif
  • metal face terrorist
    metal face terrorist Members Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

W/e though

That's how it usually works.
  • Beta
    Options

W/e though

That's how it usually works.

Not during Oscar season :/

Not for doctor strange

Not for civil war
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They had to tone down Mace Windu's trillness so they could focus on unherbifying Hayden Christiansen's Anakin

Had to dig in the crates for this, but I found it

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mj07qh51zPI

Before he became Vice Principal Windu. Never forget

JEEZUS!!!
  • Splackavelli
    Options
    whatching this movie again I noticed that planet that vaders castle is on doesn't look like mustafar . mustafar was covered in lava. vaders castle only had one river of lava.
  • Beta
    Options
    whatching this movie again I noticed that planet that vaders castle is on doesn't look like mustafar . mustafar was covered in lava. vaders castle only had one river of lava.

Lmao you know there's more than one area on a planet right? That's mustafar though and it makes sense why Vader made his castle there
  • Beta
    Options
    They saying that when that obi wan movie comes out, itll take place between ep 3 and 4

But besides killing maul and looking over luke Idk what hes doing
  • Splackavelli
    Options
    They saying that when that obi wan movie comes out, itll take place between ep 3 and 4

But besides killing maul and looking over luke Idk what hes doing

after rogue one i'm ready for more spin off movies but i'm not sure bout Kenobi. I didn't even know there was going to be one. I don't think there will be a Kenobi vs maul in this movie since it was already done in rebels. I think he'll be fighting sand people , hanging out at the cantina, getting into it with bounty hunters and outsmarting storm troopers all whil looking after luke from a distance.
  • Beta
    Options
    I'd much rather see a kenobi movie over Han solo though.

And yeah Maul vs Kenobi did happen in rebels but that ? was GOAT and wack at the same time. But kenobi is such a top tier jedi that he needs his own story. Im just not knowledgable enough to know what he did during that time but hes top 5 All time
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Options

And yeah Maul vs Kenobi did happen in rebels but that ? was GOAT and wack at the same time. But kenobi is such a top tier jedi that he needs his own story. Im just not knowledgable enough to know what he did during that time but hes top 5 All time

That ? was all wack, Obi Wan defeated him with ease, all that buildup throughout the season only for Maul to die in 5 seconds
  • Beta
    Options

That ? was all wack, Obi Wan defeated him with ease, all that buildup throughout the season only for Maul to die in 5 seconds

lol yeah but it was GOAT how fast obi wan killed him in two moves. It shows how strong he got

Btw season 3 is trash
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Options

lol yeah but it was GOAT how fast obi wan killed him in two moves. It shows how strong he got

Btw season 3 is trash

Yea it is, the way season 2 ended I thought Ezra was gonna be on some dark side ? but he went back to being trash
  • Splackavelli
    Options

Btw season 3 is trash

Yea it is, the way season 2 ended I thought Ezra was gonna be on some dark side ? but he went back to being trash

I don't like ezra he shouldn't have been a jedi . I wish he turned to the dark side and got killed off.