Cornell University........White Frat Attacks Black man, Black Student Group Doesn't Want Africans

Options

Comments

• Undefeatable
    Undefeatable Members Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    So ? dont wanna compete no more? How ironic

It's not that they don't want to compete. It's that they want a fair competition.

American blacks have been oppressed in ways that blacks from these other countries have not been. There is a big difference between colonialism and what American blacks have gone through, for example.
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    “The Black student population at Cornell disproportionately represents international or first-generation African or Caribbean students,” BSU wrote. “While these students have a right to flourish at Cornell, there is a lack of investment in Black students whose families were affected directly by the African holocaust in America.”

That's not "not wanting" Africans and West Indians. That's wanting more black Americans.

Which is understandable, since American owes more to black Americans than it does to more recent black immigrants and their children.

? ? .

That is in no way, shape or form ? ? B -- whether right or wrong.

You are showing your ignorance with this post.

You another troll. Foh.
  • Rasta.
    Rasta. Members Posts: 9,342 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

It's not that they don't want to compete. It's that they want a fair competition.

American blacks have oppressed in ways that blacks from these other countries have not been. There is a big difference between colonialism and what American blacks have gone through, for example.

Lemme get this straight, what exactly is a fair competition?
  • Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    edited October 2017
    Options
    @KingFreeman for prez.

Agree 100 percent with what you're saying.

Im prolly the only mod that stands up against racist trolls and I got scolded for it. Got posters telling me to let the racists cook smh.

Got another poster still on my ? for locking his racist thread.
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

American blacks have oppressed in ways that blacks from these other countries have not been. There is a big difference between colonialism and what American blacks have gone through, for example.

U heard about boko haram b?

You do realize that a lot of African countries been going through genocide for thousands of years?

You do realize apartheid ended in 1994 waaay after jim crow?

You do realize slavery is still going on in Africa and a lot of East Africans are subject to Arabian slavery where they even sell them on facebook?

Educate yourself b.

Apartheid was a consequence of British / Dutch colonization in South Africa. How is it America's duty to right that wrong?
  • blackgod813
    blackgod813 Members Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why cant We have different views
  • Undefeatable
    Options
    Rasta. wrote: »

Lemme get this straight, what exactly is a fair competition?

One where neither party is disadvantaged relative to the other.
  • Undefeatable
    Options
    And fair competition aside, America owes more to those who it has oppressed more and for a longer time.

I don't see how anyone can deny that blacks who have been in the US for centuries have been more oppressed by the US than those who are more recent immigrants or their descendants.
  • LordZuko
    LordZuko Members Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not even Africans are "African first" they are my nation first. Ghana first, Nigeria first, Ethiopia first etc etc. And they don't give a ? about what's going on in other African countries.

So miss me with that ? that black people, who are ritually shunned by all Africans, while simultaneously being swagger jacked, are suddenly supposed to be some African pendant, dashiki wearing, "mother Africa, my beloved" head ass ? . Like we just supposed to be some goofies?
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You ? black or American first. The ? are you talking about? ? disgusting.

yall gonna answer the man?
  • Beech Oss Neega
    Beech Oss Neega Members Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

yall gonna answer the man?

I will. I'm BLACK first. Period. Not American and not African. ? want unity when it's beneficial to them. Foh. I sympathize with my African brothers and sisters like I do all black people but we are not the same.

• blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options

Many who criticize blacks from other countries for this same thing quickly become very American first in situations like this
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    LUClEN wrote: »

You do realize that a lot of African countries been going through genocide for thousands of years?

You do realize slavery is still going on in Africa and a lot of East Africans are subject to Arabian slavery where they even sell them on facebook?

Educate yourself b.

Apartheid was a consequence of British / Dutch colonization in South Africa. How is it America's duty to right that wrong?

Its not about American righting a wrong in another country. Its this silly idea that black folks in other countries somehow have it easier which is stupid
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Rasta. wrote: »
    LordZuko wrote: »
    Given the fact that many African immigrants and Caribbean immigrants look down upon black people, i don't have a problem with this.

But then again i do.

It's bad form. We look even more divided and publicly expose faults to be exploited by enemies and opportunists.

Due to the short sightedness of this particular demand i believe it was engineered by a black female.

How many Africans you know look down on you??

They do I was room mates in college with African immigrants and they thought they were better than US blacks constantly. I took every opportunity to tell them take their FuFu eating ? on somewhere else with all that hate
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    so is the oppressor that doesnt look like me make it easier than an oppressor that does look like me?
  • Kwan Dai
    Kwan Dai Members Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »

Educate yourself b.

Its not about American righting a wrong in another country. Its this silly idea that black folks in other countries somehow have it easier which is stupid

You're right. I think the larger issue is, not just Africans but foreigners in general come to the states educate themselves and then take those skills and potential tax dollars back to their own countries. So, while I personally accept our African brothers and sisters. I totally understand and some what support what these students are demanding. We are losing the opportunity to strengthen the Black American communities through higher education. Because, there's alot of truth to Africans not really giving a ? about Black American issues. Which, is almost a slap in the face because, many Black Americans not only care but support Africans.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    Kwan Dai wrote: »

Educate yourself b.

You're right. I think the larger issue is, not just Africans but foreigners in general come to the states educate themselves and then take those skills and potential tax dollars back to their own countries. So, while I personally accept our African brothers and sisters. I totally understand and some what support what these students are demanding. We are losing the opportunity to strengthen the Black American communities through higher education. Because, there's alot of truth to Africans not really giving a ? about Black American issues. Which, is almost a slap in the face because, many Black Americans not only care but support Africans.

hmmm
    very interesting.
    so you dont think africans support american blacks?

• Kwan Dai
    edited October 2017
    Options

Educate yourself b.

hmmm
    very interesting.
    so you dont think africans support american blacks?

NO!!

Where was Africa's response to Black Americas oppression at the hands of whites in comparison to Black Americas response to Apartheid?

Where is Africa's response to Black Americas oppression at the hands of murderous cops in comparison to Black Americas response when Boko Haram was snatching up girls?

Where was Africa's response to the flint water crisis in comparison to Black Americas response to the African water crisis?

Many Africans harbor similar stereotypes as whites so, their reaction alot of times is we brought it on ourselves because we don't work hard enough. They see the lives whites live and think Blacks are doing the same.
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • EmM HoLLa.
    EmM HoLLa. Members Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I dont play silly games. I am well aware of the negative perspective Africans have towards blacks.

Smh.. Man growing up I was all sorts of Africa ? scratches this.. King of zumunda that.. If Africans don't ? with Black Americans it's more because of this as opposed to looking down on black Americans..

The ? ?.. Africans ain't black? We ain't the same? Smh..
  • Kwan Dai
    Options
    EmM HoLLa. wrote: »
    I dont play silly games. I am well aware of the negative perspective Africans have towards blacks.

Smh.. Man growing up I was all sorts of Africa ? scratches this.. King of zumunda that.. If Africans don't ? with Black Americans it's more because of this as opposed to looking down on black Americans..

Africans are Black. Problem is, many don't identify as such once here in the states. They identify according to their country of origin.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options

so you are saying....the american blacks somewhat oppressed you with verbal abuse.
    so inturn you kinda have a right to be a bit angry?

Africans are Black. Problem is, many don't identify as such once here in the states. They identify according to their country of origin.

you are right..but not only africans.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    very interesting thing i learned a year or so ago.

most black americans that end up living outside america at an early age...dont feel they can relate to black aemricans