Comments

• White_Owl_Willie
    White_Owl_Willie Members Posts: 220 ✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »
    VIBE wrote: »
    LordZuko wrote: »
    Look Rock the only reason i even saw the last two fnf movies. ? the modern day Schwarzenegger.

Rock need to hit tyrese with that David Ruffin

aeij1t1ggso5.gif

he still needs an action movie on the level of Terminator, Rocky, Blade, Transporter, Bourne Identity, Indiana Jones etc.

When you think of those movies, you automatically think of the dude who was the main character and you see how those defined those men as action movie stars..

Rock doesn't have that yet..

He's currently working on a straight up action film called "Skyscraper", it sounds like some Die Hard type ? . Holding out hope it'll be dope.

Making something on the level of the Terminator 1 & 2 seems impossible, but I do think we still have yet to see The Rock's best action movie.

Or The Rock's best movie. Everything he has starred in has been trash. Even the BS I enjoyed for what it is like the Walking Tall remake or Scorpion King is still objectively doo doo.

Not saying he needs a Predator or Rambo: First Blood Pt. II or even a Commando but damn bruh how you been making action movies for over 15 yrs and don't even have a Hard Target to your name?

His judgement when it comes to picking solo projects has been mediocre as ? .

It's crazy cuz out of all the genre of films, a good action movie should be the easiest to make for him. He's got prime Arnold's physicality (probably even more), is beloved by the masses, and is a better actor imo.

I'm gettin old, didn't even realize he's been in the movie game for 15 years. I must admit though, I enjoyed The Rundown when I first saw it. Rosario Dawson's fine ass, and Christopher Walken being Christopher Walken.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Look Rock the only reason i even saw the last two fnf movies. ? the modern day Schwarzenegger.

aeij1t1ggso5.gif

he still needs an action movie on the level of Terminator, Rocky, Blade, Transporter, Bourne Identity, Indiana Jones etc.

When you think of those movies, you automatically think of the dude who was the main character and you see how those defined those men as action movie stars..

He's currently working on a straight up action film called "Skyscraper", it sounds like some Die Hard type ? . Holding out hope it'll be dope.

Making something on the level of the Terminator 1 & 2 seems impossible, but I do think we still have yet to see The Rock's best action movie.

Or The Rock's best movie. Everything he has starred in has been trash. Even the BS I enjoyed for what it is like the Walking Tall remake or Scorpion King is still objectively doo doo.

Not saying he needs a Predator or Rambo: First Blood Pt. II or even a Commando but damn bruh how you been making action movies for over 15 yrs and don't even have a Hard Target to your name?

It's crazy cuz out of all the genre of films, a good action movie should be the easiest to make for him. He's got prime Arnold's physicality (probably even more), is beloved by the masses, and is a better actor imo.

I'm gettin old, didn't even realize he's been in the movie game for 15 years. I must admit though, I enjoyed The Rundown when I first saw it. Rosario Dawson's fine ass, and Christopher Walken being Christopher Walken.

Better actor means nothing. Arnold was charisma in the flesh. Nobody has every really replicated that or been equipped to. He's got a long way to go in that regard.

I forgot about The Rundown. That was actually pretty good. He should've turned that into a franchise. Vin would've.
  • White_Owl_Willie
    Options

aeij1t1ggso5.gif

Better actor means nothing. Arnold was charisma in the flesh. Nobody has every really replicated that or been equipped to. He's got a long way to go in that regard.

I forgot about The Rundown. That was actually pretty good. He should've turned that into a franchise. Vin would've.

I think Rock's got charisma, you could argue he's made a good chunk of his fortune and fame off of it. But you right, he does have a long way to go. Like I said tho, I'm keeping my eyes peeled for this Skyscraper project, it's the optimist in me lol
  • Angeles1son85
    Angeles1son85 Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

aeij1t1ggso5.gif

straight up and dude caption this on a action scene least he tryin lol

In our action thriller #SkyscraperMovie I barely survive everything that’s thrown my way. Including this fight. First take when Jason slapped this rear naked on me, I knew right away, ? , this brother is sinking it in.
    I thought ? it, the more real the better, it’ll be great for the movie. After every take Jason would always ask if everything was ok with the choke. I said everything was great.
    Our director, Rawson Thurber called me and Jason over to the monitor to watch playback of the scene. Rawson and Jason were happy and felt we got it, but I said, let’s take one more ? at this.
    Before I walked away I whispered to Rawson, I’m gonna let him hold the choke longer, just keep shooting.
    After the take was done and I got my senses back and SLOWLY got up, me and Jason hugged like grateful gentlemen. He’s a real class act and bad ass. A pleasure getting my hands ? with a real fighter.
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TheGOAT wrote: »
    If paul walker is still alive and the rock is still as big..... Does this rock spin off happen??

Yes

The Rock the only one from the series consistantly getting acting work (aside from Wonderwoman)

What did Paul Walker do besides FF

eight-below-1.jpg

Six Below: heard it's a hot one

Wow.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

aeij1t1ggso5.gif

If he comes through with the black adam origin story...its over
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wasnt THE Rock Hercules?
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You think tyrese will throw hands with the rock though?
  • White_Owl_Willie
    Options
    Copper wrote: »

aeij1t1ggso5.gif

If he comes through with the black adam origin story...its over

Cosign, but with the obvious caveat, the ? gotta be good. I'ma DC fan but they be having a ? nervous with each release.
  • White_Owl_Willie
    Options
    Copper wrote: »
    You think tyrese will throw hands with the rock though?

Depends on where he's at mentally. If he's stable? Nah. Otherwise, Rock would put that man through a table.
  • Young_Chitlin
    Young_Chitlin Members Posts: 23,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • White_Owl_Willie
    Options
    ? still sleeping on jody...

Aye, with any competitive match up you gotta make your predictions based on what you've seen, past performance, attributes, abilities, and evidence. I don't think Tyrese is a punk by any means, but if I had to bet money on a winner in hand to hand combat.....
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TheGOAT wrote: »
    If paul walker is still alive and the rock is still as big..... Does this rock spin off happen??

Yes

The Rock the only one from the series consistantly getting acting work (aside from Wonderwoman)

What did Paul Walker do besides FF

eight-below-1.jpg

Running scared was dope.

That movie was dOpe
  • vagrant-718
    vagrant-718 Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

aeij1t1ggso5.gif

Actions movies not the same as back in the days cause all them 80s to early 90s joint were rated R. Hollywood want pg13 so they can make the most money and I don’t think Rock will do a rated R action movie either
  • vagrant-718
    vagrant-718 Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I remember me and my boy was discussing fast and furious cause Michelle Rodriguez was complaining about how the women need bigger roles and we were saying how Michelle’s character and Tyrese’s character were useless from a team’s dynamic.
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hopefully we see Rock drop a people's elbow in the next installment
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rock prolly trying to get away from them Playa haters....was just reading how the ending of FF8 after the credits was posed to have some banter between Hobbs and Jason Statham....Vin Diesel got word and called the studio and made them change cuz he felt like that was gonna take attention from him and his role as the center character