Hollywood Sex Abuse Scandal Thread - Harvey , Kevin, Andy etc

Options

Comments

• VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wanna know why no one said ? before.. why is it a big deal now to them?? I get they've been in the business since kids and this has been normalized to them, but they know it ain't right.
  • Angeles1son85
    Angeles1son85 Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    VIBE wrote: »
    I wanna know why no one said ? before.. why is it a big deal now to them?? I get they've been in the business since kids and this has been normalized to them, but they know it ain't right.

because this was couple of years into investigation i think after the tape so since 2015 and ? was finally gonna hit the fan
  • fortyacres
    fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,479 Regulator
    Options
    fortyacres wrote: »
    Broddie wrote: »
    speilberg look like the type to just give the ? money or a small part in a movie just to keep ? cool and not hit the fan

Notice how he ended up marrying actresses that worked for him. Woody Allen style. Who will keep quiet better? a showbiz girl or a regular broad?

I hope not though.

I'm scared for George Lucas too. Please not Lucas.

Don't you dare. I would have to throw out my star wars collection

lucas can fall , steven cant

Episode 4,5,6 >>>>>>>>Any Steven movie imo

? please, even you don't believe that...

You don't believe the truth. You except it. ET was trash.

George Lucas is a hack living off of one good idea in which he didnt even write or direct the best star wars movies in the franchise.

He was chillin while Speilberg did most of the work in Indiana Jones and almost ruined both franchise.

moreover

Jaws , Saving Private Ryan , Schindler’s List , Jurrasic Park... (i could carry on with dude’s resume here)>>>>> Jar Jar Binks Lucas.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ET was trash.

? you.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    speilberg look like the type to just give the ? money or a small part in a movie just to keep ? cool and not hit the fan

Notice how he ended up marrying actresses that worked for him. Woody Allen style. Who will keep quiet better? a showbiz girl or a regular broad?

I hope not though.

George Lucas is a hack living off of one good idea in which he didnt even write or direct the best star wars movies in the franchise.

He was chillin while Speilberg did most of the work in Indiana Jones and almost ruined both franchise.

moreover

Jaws , Saving Private Ryan , Schindler’s List , Jurrasic Park... (i could carry on with dude’s resume here)>>>>> Jar Jar Binks Lucas.

If George Lucas was a hack American Graffitti and THX 1138 would not be considered classics. Also the Star Wars trilogy would NOT be what it was. FACT: George Lucas was the creative force behind every Star Wars movie in that trilogy. Not just the first. Nothing was writren or shot without his approval. This is common knowledge.

If he was a hack movies like Kagemusha, Body Heat and Labyrinth wouldn't even exist. So can the hyperbole just because he made some ? prequels to Star Wars. The man has over 40 years of solid ? under his belt as one of the most hands on producers that industry ever saw. And he did it all on his own terms without answering to anybody. A hack wouldn't have been able to accomplish that.

Spielberg himself would say the same.
  • ThaNubianGod
    ThaNubianGod Members Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

People did say things before, but the stories got killed in the media. Even this story was killed by NBC and Ronan Farrow bankrolled it himself, otherwise we would have heard it.

It's really no different from the long history of racism in Hollywood, people brought back up a couple years ago when the Oscars were almost all-white. It's not that discrimination wasn't happening, or even that people didn't speak on it when they could, its that the media didn't cover it.
  • Angeles1son85
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Ben Affleck, Harvey Weinstein, and Matt Damon in New York City in October 2016.
    “I am saddened and angry that a man who I worked with used his position of power to intimidate, sexually harass and manipulate many women over decades,” Affleck exclaimed via Twitter on Tuesday. “The additional allegations of assault that I read this morning made me sick. This is completely unacceptable, and I find myself asking what I can do to make sure this doesn’t happen to others… we must support those who come forward,
    One of those women who came forward is having none of Affleck’s statement. On Tuesday, actress Rose McGowan simply tweeted, “Ben Affleck f**k off.”

“Ben Affleck should’ve just kept quiet. Clearly he wasn’t thinking about his daughters when he left them to gallivant with their nanny,” someone tweeted shortly after.“He also grabbed Hilarie Burton’s ? on TRL once. Everyone forgot though,” another user replied.
    Burton herself saw the exchange and jumped in, writing, “I didn’t forget.”

Hilarie Burton, Ben Affleck, and Rose McGowan. The incident was in 2003. Burton, who was 21 at the time, was interviewing the Gigli star when he went in for a hug but allegedly squeezed her left ? .

Affleck apologized for the incident after it resurfaced on Wednesday.
    However, that’s not the only vintage footage of the actor making the rounds today. Shortly after the Burton clip made headlines, another old video of Affleck acting inappropriately has surfaced. TMZ posted an old interview from 2004, where he had a Canadian TV host sit on his lap as he exclaimed, “They would like the show better if you did it topless, wouldn’t they?” He has yet to comment on this incident.

Still, it’s not just Affleck who has a guest-starring role in the Weinstein scandal. Matt Damon was called out by The Wrap editor in chief Sharon Waxman over how long he’s known of the producer’s alleged crimes. Affleck and Damon grew close to Weinstein after working together on Good Will Hunting, which they both won Oscars for writing in 1998
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    so alot of people knew about his fukkery but didnt say nothing an they got some tape...

but no proof on cosby but we vilified him
  • Angeles1son85
    edited October 2017
    Options
    more on matt damon

Waxman alleges that in 2004, Damon helped ? a story she was working on that addressed the producer’s alleged sexual misconduct. Waxman, ironically, was writing for The New York Times, which first reported on Weinstein’s behavior last week. Her story involved Weinstein and the head of Miramax Italy at the time, Fabrizio Lombardo. Waxman claims calls from Damon and Russell Crowe helped ? her initial story; Damon disputes that.

“My recollection was that it was about a one minute phone call. Harvey had called me and said, they’re writing a story about Fabrizio, who I knew from The Talented Mr. Ripley. He has organized our premiere in Italy and so I knew him in a professional capacity and I’d had dinner at his house,” Damon explains to Deadline . “Harvey said, ‘Sharon Waxman is writing a story about Fabrizio and it’s really negative. Can you just call and tell her what your experience with Fabrizio was.’ So I did, and that’s what I said to her. It didn’t even make the piece that she wrote.”

Waxman’s story was stripped of any mention of sexual misconduct when it eventually ran. Still, the actor maintains he never knew anything about Weinstein’s alleged behavior.

“Look, even before I was famous, I didn’t abide this kind of behavior. But now, as the father of four daughters, this is the kind of sexual predation that keeps me up at night. This is the great fear for all of us,” Damon adds. “I did five or six movies with Harvey. I never saw this. I think a lot of actors have come out and said, everybody’s saying we all knew. That’s not true. This type of predation happens behind closed doors, and out of public view.”
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    Mr.LV wrote: »
    she said he touched her yesterday but she still back the next day
  • fortyacres
    Options

I hope not though.

moreover

If George Lucas was a hack American Graffitti and THX 1138 would not be considered classics. Also the Star Wars trilogy would NOT be what it was. FACT: George Lucas was the creative force behind every Star Wars movie in that trilogy. Not just the first. Nothing was writren or shot without his approval. This is common knowledge.

If he was a hack movies like Kagemusha, Body Heat and Labyrinth wouldn't even exist. So can the hyperbole just because he made some ? prequels to Star Wars. The man has over 40 years of solid ? under his belt as one of the most hands on producers that industry ever saw. And he did it all on his own terms without answering to anybody. A hack wouldn't have been able to accomplish that.

That doesnt change my position his resume, it is pretty subpar to his contemporaries both in directing and producing, and more to the point in comparison to Spielberg's record in directing , writing and producing.

He had good ideas that others made into classic films. He is a Steve Jobs type.

lol at that ? red tails...atleast he tried i guess.
  • fortyacres
    Options
    someone posted this.. but apparently this interviewer makes these type of risky interviews.. so it was consensual but Bens character is himself, so this type of ? is normal to him and I'm sure he (as most of Hollywood) does this type of ? or has done this before to women that didn't want to..

For her part, Losique is saying the clip, which certainly looks bad in the context of the recent outing of male awfulness in Hollywood, is being blown out of proportion:

“This was for the camera. You have to understand that we have done dozens and dozens of interviews like that. It was for a show I was producing, so I was not at all a victim. When the cameras rolled, we would start to do that game. As soon as it stopped rolling, there was none of that. He never touched me in any improper way. He was very respectful, I must say.”

Losique continued to reiterate her point with The Hollywood Reporter saying the clip was surfacing now to basically pile-on: “It has been blown out of proportion. I know that people like fishing for anything, but this is completely out of context. I would like this to not have any negative impact on him. I find it sad.”

The interview was conducted during the promotional tour for Affleck’s Jersey Girl. Losique continued: “I can’t say I am thrilled to have that interview mixed in with the other stories because I don’t think that is at all the same thing.” It’s unknown how this helped the promotion of the film.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    Jennifer+Lawrence+Christian+Dior+Front+Row+M5ivqL9agkVl.jpg

so did jenny blow him to get them roles or what?
  • fortyacres
    Options

ive seen the fappening tapes , she did the our father.

Just Playing Devil's Advocate

Is it possible that he just denied some of these chicks jobs and now they are getting their revenge ?
  • Broddie
    Options

Those leaked nude pics should answer your questions.

She looks dead behind the eyes sitting next to him. They both do.
  • fortyacres
    Options
  • Broddie
    edited October 2017
    Options

I hope not though.

moreover

That doesnt change my position his resume, it is pretty subpar to his contemporaries both in directing and producing, and more to the point in comparison to Spielberg's record in directing , writing and producing.

He had good ideas that others made into classic films. He is a Steve Jobs type.

lol at that ? red tails...atleast he tried i guess.

Lmfao keep wallowing in your ignorance. Trying to downplay the contributions of someone who not only gave a platform to idiosyncratic and important filmmakers like Reggio and Kurosawa when nobody else in the states was. Which was important for the sake of the artistry of filmmaking but also gave the industry Skywalker Sound and ILM.

Those latter 2 foundations have done much more for filmmaking in the last 45 years than anything Spielberg has ever contributed.

George Lucas has been considered one of the most important figures in not just independent filmmaking but also artistic innovations in cinema for a reason.

• lazypakman
    lazypakman Members Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Suddenly Azealia Banks doesn't look as (relatively) crazy with that ? she was saying about Russel Crowe and them.
  • Broddie
    Options
    Max. wrote: »
    Wt_EKC8g_d.jpg

Conga line of doom.