Hollywood Sex Abuse Scandal Thread - Harvey , Kevin, Andy etc

Options

Comments

• TheBoyRo
    TheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    NBC News terminated Matt Lauer’s employment overnight, citing “inappropriate sexual behavior” detailed in a complaint from a colleague. The dismissal comes amid rumors that numerous news outlets were working on stories detailing Lauer’s alleged sexual misconduct.

The New York Post reports this morning the complaint came from a woman alleging Lauer sexually assaulted her during the Rio Olympics last summer. According to the report, the woman has not been identified and wishes to remain anonymous.

NBC News President Andy Lack said in a memo to staff that this was the first complaint against Lauer lodged during his time at the network but NBC was “also presented with reason to believe this may not have been an isolated incident.”
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Something's not right here.

Lauer was axed just 24 hours after the complaint came in. You mean to tell me that in one day, NBC did a full investigation to the point where they had enough evidence to fire dude who'd never had anything filed against him?

Some of this sexual harassment ? has been a witch hunt. I'm just waiting for the day we're someone gets falsely terminated.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mister B. wrote: »

Lauer was axed just 24 hours after the complaint came in. You mean to tell me that in one day, NBC did a full investigation to the point where they had enough evidence to fire dude who'd never had anything filed against him?

Some of this sexual harassment ? has been a witch hunt. I'm just waiting for the day we're someone gets falsely terminated.

Oooooor their behavior is more known than we know about. I can't see a woman throwing some genuinely nice guy who never harassed them under the bus just cuz everyone else is throwing someone else under a bus.
  • Angeles1son85
    Angeles1son85 Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He already knew it was a wrap for him when he did the macys parade
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options

He must have copped to the ? and didn't put up a fight
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TheBoyRo wrote: »
    NBC News terminated Matt Lauer’s employment overnight, citing “inappropriate sexual behavior” detailed in a complaint from a colleague. The dismissal comes amid rumors that numerous news outlets were working on stories detailing Lauer’s alleged sexual misconduct.

The New York Post reports this morning the complaint came from a woman alleging Lauer sexually assaulted her during the Rio Olympics last summer. According to the report, the woman has not been identified and wishes to remain anonymous.

NBC News President Andy Lack said in a memo to staff that this was the first complaint against Lauer lodged during his time at the network but NBC was “also presented with reason to believe this may not have been an isolated incident.”

Ok this I have somewhat of a problem with...whether he did the ? or not, fine. He's gone. Whatever. Not the point.

But the bolded...this dude had his decades long career ended on the sneak? Unless ? occurred, if you putting it on wax to say he did xyz, make yourself known.

The last sentence is what got me.. that they have been people in waiting who were wrong by him.. makes it seem as i NBC knew of these allegations which are a handful
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    Doubt NBC would put themselves in a position to get sued by Lauer unless they had strong evidence that he did it or he fessed up to it.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Oooooor their behavior is more known than we know about. I can't see a woman throwing some genuinely nice guy who never harassed them under the bus just cuz everyone else is throwing someone else under a bus.

i never thought you was a troll until now
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    TheBoyRo wrote: »

Ok this I have somewhat of a problem with...whether he did the ? or not, fine. He's gone. Whatever. Not the point.

But the bolded...this dude had his decades long career ended on the sneak? Unless ? occurred, if you putting it on wax to say he did xyz, make yourself known.

this is why i love you.
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY Members, Writer Posts: 17,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Some of yall thought that only Harvey Weinstein would have fallen?
    After the Arab Spring we have the Network and showbusiness Winter.
    Imo this is the same process. Once the ones who were deemed UNTOUCHABLE go down, all the people under follow.
    Something tells me that these people know about each other.
    Weinstein will not fall ALONE. He is already negociating to get some jailtime or penalty reduction. And we all know how you negociate with feds...
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    Weinstein ain’t ? none of these ? not one went to police and all the ? cashed them checks they got once they have up da pwussy. Flag me I don’t give a ?

If nobody went to the police then why did the nypd say they suspended an investigation of him and have him actually on tape recording talking about some ? ?

Did anyone go to the police for ? tho ma'am?

Nah they just recorded his phone call for fun and stumbled upon the information
  • babelipsss
    babelipsss Members Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Harvey Weinstein isn't negotiating anything. He hasn't been charged or arrested. Its all the court of public opinion fluff which amounts to nothing.
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    meh. aint no one safe. it is what it is. As long as Bill Maher doesn't get caught up in this bs. I'm good. his show is goat imo.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    babelipsss wrote: »
    Harvey Weinstein isn't negotiating anything. He hasn't been charged or arrested. Its all the court of public opinion fluff which amounts to nothing.

ask cosby is this is true
  • babelipsss
    Options
    Bill Cosby (innocent) was charged, arrested and fingerprinted with a mugshot to add on. His SECOND witch trial is coming up in a couple of months. March I think. He might spend the rest of his life in prison whereas Weinstein and Lauer get to brag about their conquests in the country club locker room and fake shame in public.
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cosby was innocent? after almost 60 women came forward with allegations? nah fam, no way you get that many women to lie. Where there's smoke, there's fire and that's a helluva lot of smoke
  • fortyacres
    fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,480 Regulator
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Bill Cosby (innocent) was charged, arrested and fingerprinted with a mugshot to add on. His SECOND witch trial is coming up in a couple of months. March I think. He might spend the rest of his life in prison whereas Weinstein and Lauer get to brag about their conquests in the country club locker room and fake shame in public.

why do you care so much for Pill Cosby dude ? he is a sexual abuser just like Wienstein and the rest , ? all this race ? , i would never have any woman i know near dude regardless of his TV & Film achievements.

this is not the hill worth dying on...
  • babelipsss
    Options
    I'm not a dude.
  • fortyacres
    fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,480 Regulator
    Options
    I'm not a dude.

aight ? .
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Huh?

What happened at the parade?
  • Angeles1son85
    Angeles1son85 Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TheGOAT wrote: »

Huh?

What happened at the parade?

He knew he was gonna get fired its crazy how they knew and still let him host the parade
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    edited November 2017
    Options