Options

Comments

• konceptjones
    konceptjones Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • konceptjones
    Options
    Also, not a lot of y'all would have seen this 'cause it wasn't shown everywhere but:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bP6fJEMGrGw

I called in every... ? ... day... I never once got through. One of my friends got through and got to play. Dude was the talk of the school the next day 'cause he had a unique name and a distinctive voice so everybody knew he wasn't lying about it.
  • rickmogul
    rickmogul Members Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @konceptjones LMAO! Was that public Access or something?
  • konceptjones
    Options
    rickmogul wrote: »

Believe it or not, TV Powww was shown on major channels during the afternoon cartoon block during the day. It was also pretty popular in Australia and Italy and outlasted any interest in it here in the US.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TV_Powww
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    First 3D Arcade Game! ZAXXON!
    w3weh96f3p6t.png

wow...i remember that
  • mc317
    mc317 Members Posts: 5,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    Damn I miss being a kid. I'll be ? 40 next year. I was talking with my nephew last night. Y'all young whipper snappers of the ic enjoy your youth and don't waste it on ? . Make the most of it because before you know it you a old ? like me lol

i tell these youngin that all the time.
    work hard to play hard....dont play hard an need to borrow money.
  • MECCA1000
    MECCA1000 Members Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Believe it or not, TV Powww was shown on major channels during the afternoon cartoon block during the day. It was also pretty popular in Australia and Italy and outlasted any interest in it here in the US.

In NYC it was channel 11 WPIX, what is now the WB. So when the game started, you had to say "pix" in the phone to make it shoot ....... ? was hilarious .....
  • konceptjones
    Options
    MECCA1000 wrote: »

In NYC it was channel 11 WPIX, what is now the WB. So when the game started, you had to say "pix" in the phone to make it shoot ....... ? was hilarious .....

Right, I saw that was one of the variations of it on Wikipedia. NYC just had to be different.
  • ineedpussy
    ineedpussy Members Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSwmFurzkpQ

supermarket sweep was my ? . we didnt have no food in the house so you know we be mad at all those dumb muthafuckas. damn wish i could of went on there. they would of banned me for life.
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Remember the TV Guide channel? I remember changing to that to try and find something to watch, but end up watching the TV guide channel for like 45 minutes cuz of all the crazy infomercials lol.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    Lou_Cypher wrote: »
    Remember the TV Guide channel? I remember changing to that to try and find something to watch, but end up watching the TV guide channel for like 45 minutes cuz of all the crazy infomercials lol.

uhhh...thats when your ? got cut off.

dont try to spin it
  • Broddie
    Options

I remember when it was called the prevue channel.
  • Lou Cypher
    Options

uhhh...thats when your ? got cut off.

dont try to spin it

If it was cut off why would the channel work dumb dumb?
  • blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Back in the 70's and 80's, a nickel bag of weed was one finger in a ziploc sandwich baggie, a dime was two fingers, a lid was three fingers, and an ounce was 4 fingers.

Huh?

get one of these:

ziplocrecycling.jpg

now, hold up one of your fingers to the bottom of the bag and put enough weed in it that it comes up to that finger. That's a nickel bag.

Hold up two fingers to the bottom of that bad and put enough weed in it that it comes up to those two fingers. That's a dime bag.

A lid is three fingers and an ounce would be 4 fingers. That's how weed was measured and sold back in the 70's and 80's. My pops had several cats he bought trees from, but his favorite was this white biker 'cause he was fat as hell and his fingers were chubby so his nickels and dimes were bigger than everybody else's.

I didn't see 1 gram = dime bag until the 90's. I don't know when it changed, but you got far more for your money back inna day.

@king hassan @Cain @deadeye y'all gotta remember this.

weed used to be weak as ? back in the day compared to now

also back then u weren't able to really buy variations on ur block.........u had to go out into the country to get some different ? if u were a serious smoker

also I remember back in the day it was only papers or phillie blunts..........now these new age ? got vegas, optimos, and swishers of all flavors SMH

and now they got all these complicated exotic strains and ? now..........makes me feel old as ? :(

hell I still remember when ? used to smoke bidis, and when ? 1st discovered black and milds haha
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    Back in the 70's and 80's, a nickel bag of weed was one finger in a ziploc sandwich baggie, a dime was two fingers, a lid was three fingers, and an ounce was 4 fingers.

Huh?

get one of these:

ziplocrecycling.jpg

now, hold up one of your fingers to the bottom of the bag and put enough weed in it that it comes up to that finger. That's a nickel bag.

Hold up two fingers to the bottom of that bad and put enough weed in it that it comes up to those two fingers. That's a dime bag.

A lid is three fingers and an ounce would be 4 fingers. That's how weed was measured and sold back in the 70's and 80's. My pops had several cats he bought trees from, but his favorite was this white biker 'cause he was fat as hell and his fingers were chubby so his nickels and dimes were bigger than everybody else's.

I didn't see 1 gram = dime bag until the 90's. I don't know when it changed, but you got far more for your money back inna day.

also back then u weren't able to really buy variations on ur block.........u had to go out into the country to get some different ? if u were a serious smoker

also I remember back in the day it was only papers or phillie blunts..........now these new age ? got vegas, optimos, and swishers of all flavors SMH

and now they got all these complicated exotic strains and ? now..........makes me feel old as ? :(

hell I still remember when ? used to smoke bidis, and when ? 1st discovered black and milds haha

It's funny here in AK nobody ever named their strains until these dispensaries popped up. It was either good, not good, or decent and you had to judge for yourself. Sometime within the last 10 years growers popped up everywhere with some actual talent and the weed quality skyrocketed and any time you'd go to a weed man he would have 3 different kinds for you to choose from, talkin "this one's an indica, that's sativa, this one's a hybrid" "gorilla glue, bubblegum kush, grape ape, etc." It kind of got frustrating lol. I'd always be like "just give me whatever will get me the most ? up"
  • yellowtapesport
    yellowtapesport Members Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Huh?

get one of these:

ziplocrecycling.jpg

"just give me whatever will get me the most ? up"

Says the heroin addict lol
  • Broddie
    Options
    Cain wrote: »
    Broddie wrote: »

I remember when it was called the prevue channel.

I remember the actual TV guide book.

Yeah that too.
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Huh?

get one of these:

ziplocrecycling.jpg

It's funny here in AK nobody ever named their strains until these dispensaries popped up. It was either good, not good, or decent and you had to judge for yourself. Sometime within the last 10 years growers popped up everywhere with some actual talent and the weed quality skyrocketed and any time you'd go to a weed man he would have 3 different kinds for you to choose from, talkin "this one's an indica, that's sativa, this one's a hybrid" "gorilla glue, bubblegum kush, grape ape, etc." It kind of got frustrating lol. I'd always be like "just give me whatever will get me the most ? up"

The names are vital.