Eminem 8th studio album "Revival" 12/15/17

Options

Comments

• VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Guardian's article on Em is spot on.
  • blue_london
    blue_london Members Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Options
    i ro ny wrote: »
    wsezqw9ar0op.jpeg
    6m8a8jdahrz0.jpeg
    1k9eorxkiv2o.jpeg
    onvwkdy2s1nd.jpeg
    1jfde0i26d1m.jpeg
    3yjo569ibr09.jpeg

Thank ? it's his last album. It's like he rejected the genre completely
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Revolver Ocelot Members Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Drake would literally shut down a mall in America, Europe and Africa with every gender from the ages 11-30 showing up.

Eminem could only pull in 13 year old call of duty fan boys.

Not joking whatsover. This is 2017 not 2002.

Do you think Drake is more famous than Eminem, b?

Is drake more popular to my generation than eminem in 2017?

ypbmpmit0ue9.gif

Nah as in star power. 21 savage got more pull than Dmx currently but I'd say Dmx is more famous

Yeah well no ? .

Beatles are bigger than Destiny's child but u trippin if u think Paul McCartney will bring in a bigger crowd than Beyonce.

Let alone shut down an event.

tenor.gif

Name me one mall in the entire world paul would shut down before Beyonce

Malls?

I'm talking bout the stadiums he's been selling out on all 7 continents for the past 40 years.

Malls!!!

tenor.gif

So beyonce don't have the highest selling tours every time she tours?

Compared to McCartney, and a lot of others? No.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest-grossing_concert_tours
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Revolver Ocelot Members Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    L3NU wrote: »
    I can't think of anything lamer than being black, over the age of 20 and still listening to eminem.

How about being black over the age of 20 and listening to ICP

Fixed

• matches malone
    matches malone Members Posts: 3,067 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Variety also gave a negative review

Delusional stans in the comments saying its his best album and the beats were hard

http://variety.com/2017/music/reviews/eminem-revival-album-review-1202643048/#respond

Lol @ "the beats were hard"

After listening to Revival, I can see why a Rubin track didn't make the final cut for Kendrick's DAMN.

why is rick rubin even still relevant? The last great beat he helped create was for 99 problems. That was almost 15 years ago. LOL!

Even the chili peppers, who had used him in everything since the 80s, knew to move on from his old ass ? and they dropped one of the best albums of their career.
  • matches malone
    Options
    Lab Baby wrote: »
    ? ! I like "Need Me" now. I feel so much shame.

Cuz it's 67% Pink's song. Pink lowkey got some fire in her catalogue. You can easily be slightly entertained by it til Em starts playing karaoke and harmonizing with her.

she does. Maybe thats why shes been around for so long.

Her songs are also great for anyone learning to play instruments. I picked up bass with a lot of her singles.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Options

Delusional stans in the comments saying its his best album and the beats were hard

http://variety.com/2017/music/reviews/eminem-revival-album-review-1202643048/#respond

After listening to Revival, I can see why a Rubin track didn't make the final cut for Kendrick's DAMN.

why is rick rubin even still relevant? The last great beat he helped create was for 99 problems. That was almost 15 years ago. LOL!

Even the chili peppers, who had used him in everything since the 80s, knew to move on from his old ass ? and they dropped one of the best albums of their career.

The 90s but point taken.

Speaking of RHCP I remember when you (assuming this is still E2S/MrBravo I'm talking to here) recommended Stadium Arcadium to me years ago. Still one of the best recommendations I ever received on here.

Have to check out their last joint. Was hesitant cause I wasn't really feeling their first album without Frusciante. But your co-signing of it is encouraging.
  •  i ro ny
    i ro ny Members Posts: 8,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

everyday struggle is going to be HILARIOUS.
  • matches malone
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »

The 90s but point taken.

Speaking of RHCP I remember when you (assuming this is still E2S/MrBravo I'm talking to here) recommended Stadium Arcadium to me years ago. Still one of the best recommendations I ever received on here.

Have to check out their last joint. Was hesitant cause I wasn't really feeling their first album without Frusciante. But your co-signing of it is encouraging.

you can never replace frusciante, but I'd say Getaway is about as good as the best songs in Stadium Arcadium. Musically its 10 times better than Im With You. Its a shame Getaway didnt sell more than it did.

and yes this is still the original. There have been about 8 ppl who have used E2S (RIP) at different times.
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Eminems manager takes over def jam now Rick rubin is doing Eminem albums. Maybe a reach but I'm sure it's somehow in that deal. I don't see chemistry between Rick and Eminem at all
  • Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    Options
    Eminems manager takes over def jam now Rick rubin is doing Eminem albums. Maybe a reach but I'm sure it's somehow in that deal. I don't see chemistry between Rick and Eminem at all

Oh ? . Good call.
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

There's no correlation. Em was working with Rick long before (nearly 5 years, mind you) Paul was slated to take over the post at Def Jam (which ain't until next month).
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I was lookin forward to Buddens take but he had his baby. Not on the show.

I dont care what AK says becuz im sure he didnt even listen to the album.
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wow

Even white owned media establishments can't even cape for him this time regarding this album...

It has to be pure garbage and I'm avoiding it simply because of feedback from this thread. I didn't listen heavy to either Recovery or MMLP2 cos I didn't like the music I heard been released

Relapse was his last decent effort. It's over for your ? Shadyteam
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Nah.

Whoo Kidd being a company man.

And Ak criticism is soft.

Shouldn’t even had did a segment tbh
  • Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    Options
    TheGOAT wrote: »

Man what are the odds that the exact day they're going to discuss his album (which I know Joe would've trashed)

He goes on paternity leave? This was legit going to be the most interesting episode. Because em might take offense, or he'll listen to joe because I'm sure there will be a discussion with royce and them behind the scenes.

Royce will have to admit to em that the ? trash.
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    And it's looking like Dr. Dre has semi retired from full on studio production duties following his stock ownership on Apple Inc.: He made Eminem a superstar

This new partnership with Rick Rubin who's heavily rock influenced ain't working
  • TheGOAT
    Options

Man what are the odds that the exact day they're going to discuss his album (which I know Joe would've trashed)

He goes on paternity leave? This was legit going to be the most interesting episode. Because em might take offense, or he'll listen to joe because I'm sure there will be a discussion with royce and them behind the scenes.

Idk if Joe woulda trashed it.

You never know with him.

He trashed the record he said em was cashing in on the plight of black men. But he was on the fence w/ Walk on Water.

Alot of the songs were emo relationship songs which is what Buddens does alot of too
  • BDBIID
    Options

• TheGOAT
    Options
    Did yall see AK try to debate Joyner Lucas about Ems albums. AK acted like he listened to them all but he didnt even know there was a MMLP2 and then he fronted like he heard it but couldnt name a single track off of it.

AK be bullshittin his way thru the shows
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • TheGOAT
    Options
    BDBIID wrote: »

Whats that even mean?

Mask internal chaos?
  • BDBIID
    Options
    BDBIID wrote: »

Whats that even mean?

Mask internal chaos?

He still doing his pod this week