Eminem 8th studio album "Revival" 12/15/17

Options

Comments

• Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    Options
    He sent a diamond cockring to elton john and says he has one himself.

I have no issues with ? people, but dude is kind of a hypocrite to be living in the closet for so long.
  • freethewave
    freethewave Members Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Options
    This interview will run after the album’s been out for a few days. In all likelihood, Revival will sell wellEminem is the highest-selling rapper of all time, with over 130 million units sold since 1996. All his albums since The Marshall Mathers LP have debuted on top of the Billboard 200. and have a pretty mixed critical reaction.

Eminem:That’s what happens every album with me.

Okay, so if we know that’s going to happen, what other signs are you looking for that will make you feel encouraged or discouraged by the album’s reception?

Eminem:I don’t know, I’ve always felt in touch with the people who listen to my music. I make it for them. Anybody else, ? ‘em. It’s fine if critics or whoever keep thinking I’m not as good as I was. So what I’m looking for — whatever the response or the sales — is things I did right or things I could’ve improved musically. I’m critical of myself and I’m always trying to figure out how to do better. I certainly have not had a perfect career. I’ve put out bad albums.
  • freethewave
    Options
    Which ones are you thinking of?
    EncoreThe 2004 album Encore doesn’t carry any of Eminem’s career highlights, but it still managed to sell over 1.5 million units in its first week. It’s his only major-label album to date that didn’t win a Grammy for Best Rap Album. Tracks like the virulently anti–George W. Bush “Mosh,” though, presaged the political content on Revival. was mediocre, and with RelapseThe 2009 album Relapse ended a five-year recording hiatus and reintroduced the Slim Shady alter ego, along with a host of other voices. The album is generally thought of as, at least in part, a tribute to horrorcore rap, which accounts for its often violent, gory tone.

—Eminem: it was the best I could do at that point in time. [Relapse] was a funny album for me because I was just starting back rapping after coming out of addiction. I was so scatterbrained that the people around me thought that I might have given myself brain damage. I was in this weird fog for months. Like, literally I wasn’t making sense; it had been so long since I’d done vocals without a ton of ? and VicodinAround 2002, Eminem began using Ambien, ? , and extra-strength Vicodin. After the death of his friend the rapper Proof in a club shooting in 2006, he was consuming “40 to 60 ? ” and “maybe 20, 30” Vicodin a day. In December of 2007, after introducing methadone to the habit, he overdosed and missed Christmas with his children, prompting his path toward sobriety. . I almost had to relearn how to rap.

Is that where all the weird accents on that album came from?

Eminem:I recorded at least 50 to 60 songs for that album and on each one I would get a little more drastic with the accents, trying to bend the words and make them rhyme in ways they wouldn’t if you just said them regular. It was this gradual thing and I didn’t even realize how accent-heavy the album got. PaulPaul Rosenberg has managed Eminem since the recording of The Marshall Mathers LP, and co-founded Shady Records with the rapper in 1999. He’s also a recurring character on Eminem’s inter-song skits, playing the straitlaced lawyer asking him to “tone it down a little bit.” Rosenberg was recently named CEO of the iconic hip-hop record label Def Jam, a position he’s expected to assume in early 2018. [Rosenberg] didn’t realize it either until he went and played the music for somebody at Interscope and they were like, “Why is he doing all those accents?” So yeah, I don’t know how much replay value that album has.
  • freethewave
    Options
    What was the issue with Encore?

Eminem:I’m cool with probably half that album. I recorded that towards the height of my addiction. I remember four songs leaked and I had to go to L.A. and get Dre Since first hearing Eminem’s ’97 Slim Shady EP, NWA member, producer, Aftermath founder, and Beats Electronics CEO Dr. Dre has had an influential hand in Eminem’s career, co-producing all of his albums. and record new ones. I was in a room by myself writing songs in 25, 30 minutes because we had to get it done, and what came out was so goofy. That’s how I ended up making songs like “Rain Man” and “Big ? .” They’re pretty out there. If those other songs hadn’t leaked, Encore would’ve been a different album.

How are you feeling about Revival?

Eminem:I don’t know. I feel good enough to put it out. I guess we’ll have to see what the reaction is.

One of things that was so compelling about you back in the day was how you’d take shots at pop stars, which is something you don’t really do anymore. Why not? Isn’t Ed Sheeran, who’s on the new album, exactly the kind of musician you would’ve had fun with in the early 2000s?

Eminem:I don’t think so. He’s not a boy band, he’s an artist whose craft I respect. The reason that I went at pop stars back then is because people were calling me a pop rapper. What’s bugged out to me is that — I don’t know if everybody understands this — if everybody could do what I did, they’d just do it wouldn’t they? I’m not this manufactured pop thing and I never was. A way people used to dismiss me was to call me pop. I got mad about that, and I lashed out.
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    Which ones are you thinking of?
    EncoreThe 2004 album Encore doesn’t carry any of Eminem’s career highlights, but it still managed to sell over 1.5 million units in its first week. It’s his only major-label album to date that didn’t win a Grammy for Best Rap Album. Tracks like the virulently anti–George W. Bush “Mosh,” though, presaged the political content on Revival. was mediocre, and with RelapseThe 2009 album Relapse ended a five-year recording hiatus and reintroduced the Slim Shady alter ego, along with a host of other voices. The album is generally thought of as, at least in part, a tribute to horrorcore rap, which accounts for its often violent, gory tone.

—Eminem: it was the best I could do at that point in time. [Relapse] was a funny album for me because I was just starting back rapping after coming out of addiction. I was so scatterbrained that the people around me thought that I might have given myself brain damage. I was in this weird fog for months. Like, literally I wasn’t making sense; it had been so long since I’d done vocals without a ton of ? and VicodinAround 2002, Eminem began using Ambien, ? , and extra-strength Vicodin. After the death of his friend the rapper Proof in a club shooting in 2006, he was consuming “40 to 60 ? ” and “maybe 20, 30” Vicodin a day. In December of 2007, after introducing methadone to the habit, he overdosed and missed Christmas with his children, prompting his path toward sobriety. . I almost had to relearn how to rap.

Is that where all the weird accents on that album came from?

6hzx0qbb3sc3.gif
  • Busta Carmichael
    Options
    Lol word dude would've lil peeped himself if that was the case
  •  i ro ny
    i ro ny Members Posts: 8,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They coulda been super low dosage joints.
  •  i ro ny
    Options

Today I decided to listen to The Eminem Show and now I’m listening to Relapse. 3 common threads; Eminem was doing or helping with a good chunk of the production, his own hooks and dre was involved.

Remember when Relapse 2 was an idea? I’d take that over Recovery, MMLP2 and Revival. It’s like the feedback of Relapse killed his confidence and said “aight, y’all can take the wheel”.
  • Busta Carmichael
    Options
    He has social anxiety and suffers from low confidence. Hence why he stays at home and rocks that swaggerless hoody/hat combo for the past 7 years.

That's why he takes critique very hard.

Kinda hard to believe when a rapper is very outspoken in their music but in real life they're actually shy and anxious.
  •  i ro ny
    Options

Eminem:I’m cool with probably half that album. I recorded that towards the height of my addiction. I remember four songs leaked and I had to go to L.A. and get Dre and record new ones. I was in a room by myself writing songs in 25, 30 minutes because we had to get it done, and what came out was so goofy. That’s how I ended up making songs like “Rain Man” and “Big ? .” They’re pretty out there. If those other songs hadn’t leaked, Encore would’ve been a different album.

The songs he’s talking about are:

We As Americans
    Love You More
    Monkey See Monkey Doo
    Bully

And maybe Can I ?
  •  i ro ny
    Options
    He has social anxiety and suffers from low confidence. Hence why he stays at home and rocks that swaggerless hoody/hat combo for the past 7 years.

Kinda hard to believe when a rapper is very outspoken in their music but in real life they're actually shy and anxious.

The ? was wearing white tees and sweatsuits/velour/jogging pants from 2001-2009. It wasn’t until Recovery did this ? start wearing jeans publically. Look it up.
  • Busta Carmichael
    Options
    i ro ny wrote: »

The ? was wearing white tees and sweatsuits/velour/jogging pants from 2001-2009. It wasn’t until Recovery did this ? start wearing jeans publically. Look it up.

Fax

Also the durag era was very weird. I was too little to much of a fan to care back then.

But looking back that ? is head scratching.

Aftermath must've hired a swaggaless stylist to take care of him and 50.
  • tk_heuristics
    tk_heuristics Members Posts: 23 ✭✭
    Options

He's B-Rabbit.
  • freethewave
    Options

Eminem:I’m cool with probably half that album. I recorded that towards the height of my addiction. I remember four songs leaked and I had to go to L.A. and get Dre and record new ones. I was in a room by myself writing songs in 25, 30 minutes because we had to get it done, and what came out was so goofy. That’s how I ended up making songs like “Rain Man” and “Big ? .” They’re pretty out there. If those other songs hadn’t leaked, Encore would’ve been a different album.

The songs he’s talking about are:

We As Americans
    Love You More
    Monkey See Monkey Doo
    Bully

And maybe Can I ?

Don't understand his thinking. Take off great songs and replace them with wack songs. Fans hear singles before album releases. Nas did that ? with I am. Anyone not bought an album because some tracks leak? Big ? maybe his worst song next to ? .
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Bro I suffered from depression and social anxiety disorder growing up. Straight up lone wolf most of my life. I'm also a creative type and let me tell ya trying to please everyone just accentuates depression. It doesn't help it.

At some point you have to say "? what they think" and trust yourself. THAT helps battle depression. It really helps the self esteem and reduces unnecessary stress and pressure pretty much tenfold.

Truth is an artist's fanbase should never dictate what the artist gives them. The artist gives the fans what the artist knows they need. Even if the fans can't see it at the time.

For someone who used to be pretty uninhibited and true to himself he has really become a self defeating coward over the years.
  •  i ro ny
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »

Bro I suffered from depression and social anxiety disorder growing up. Straight up lone wolf most of my life. I'm also a creative type and let me tell ya trying to please everyone just accentuates depression. It doesn't help it.

At some point you have to say "? what they think" and trust yourself. THAT helps battle depression. It really helps the self esteem and reduces unnecessary stress and pressure pretty much tenfold.

Truth is an artist's fanbase should never dictate what the artist gives them. The artist gives the fans what the artist knows they need. Even if the fans can't see it at the time.

For someone who used to be pretty uninhibited and true to himself he has really become a self defeating coward over the years.

Perspective. But if he’s trying to please everyone, which he clearly tried to do with this pandering ass album, don’t you think the end result will be counter productive to his recovery?
  • Broddie
    Options

Fax

Also the durag era was very weird. I was too little to much of a fan to care back then.

I never understood why he rocked a durag at all. Like "bruh what waves, braids or naps you trying to keep laid?"
  • Busta Carmichael
    Options

#metoo fam
    eg260r34e10z.png
  • Broddie
    Options

#metoo fam
    eg260r34e10z.png

tenor.gif?itemid=5181544
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Uh oh...
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Preeaaach!
  • freethewave
    Options

Fax

I never understood why he rocked a durag at all. Like "bruh what waves, braids or naps you trying to keep laid?"

Hol up. People wear baseball caps with a brim when they not tryna play baseball and keep the sun out they eyes. It's just fashion.