Then they are no longer the Boy Scouts are they
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    Max. wrote: »
    We can have ? no more

Nobody can, dude. Nobody can.
    They need to just unify both orgs if you going to let everyone in.

*In before Kids Scouts*
  • MsSouthern
    MsSouthern Members, Moderators Posts: 21,791 Regulator
    Options
    Copper wrote: »
    MsSouthern wrote: »
    I aint tryna buy no boy scout cookies

Boy Scouts sell popcorn

Like...already made?

Yes and it's expensive

Like a 10 oz bag of Carmel corn is $15
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Turfaholic wrote: »
    VIBE wrote: »

Boy Scouts sell popcorn

I think they should just be The Scouts

Teach all kids life skills

Nahhh

Gotta raise these kids with gender roles. Men lead. Bring home the bacon. Women bake cookies and stitch up ? that a man has broken. Sounds like the basis for a healthy family. Too many ? baking cookies, and women bringing home the bacon as is. ? not healthy. When I do get married, I'll be in a position where my wife can choose if she wants to work. It won't be required.

this ain't the 50's anymore, stop watching Hollywood movies, too, they don't reflect ? ..

You bake cookies..... so I understand why you caught feelings.

Big dogs eat..... little puppies cry on the porch.
    y766hj0ltkb6.gif

If you smell what I'm cooking.....

It ain't cookies

I think it's obvious by looking at society that this idea of a household isn't the normal anymore. Lifestyles have evolved and women gained more rights and respects and are apart of society in more ways than being stuck at home cleaning or cooking.

So the idea of "men lead, bring home bacon, drink beer and work on ? " while "women cook, clean and ? " is an old one and isn't fit for today anymore.

The Scouts do not have to teach a boy how to "bake cookies" but it can teach him how to properly grill. There's ways to compromise and appease everyone.
  • MsSouthern
    MsSouthern Members, Moderators Posts: 21,791 Regulator
    Options
    ? like saying "Let's make sororities & fraternities come together".

? is just plain dumb and ruins tradition.

I think it's way different than that

I get the social interaction aspect but kids need to learn to interact with each other no matter if they are male or female.

Girl Scouts learn survival skills too. Both programs seem a lot alike to me ...which is why I say combine them.
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Boy Scouts sell popcorn

I think they should just be The Scouts

Teach all kids life skills

Nahhh

Gotta raise these kids with gender roles. Men lead. Bring home the bacon. Women bake cookies and stitch up ? that a man has broken. Sounds like the basis for a healthy family. Too many ? baking cookies, and women bringing home the bacon as is. ? not healthy. When I do get married, I'll be in a position where my wife can choose if she wants to work. It won't be required.

this ain't the 50's anymore, stop watching Hollywood movies, too, they don't reflect ? ..

You bake cookies..... so I understand why you caught feelings.

Big dogs eat..... little puppies cry on the porch.
    y766hj0ltkb6.gif

If you smell what I'm cooking.....

It ain't cookies

I think it's obvious by looking at society that this idea of a household isn't the normal anymore. Lifestyles have evolved and women gained more rights and respects and are apart of society in more ways than being stuck at home cleaning or cooking.

So the idea of "men lead, bring home bacon, drink beer and work on ? " while "women cook, clean and ? " is an old one and isn't fit for today anymore.

The Scouts do not have to teach a boy how to "bake cookies" but it can teach him how to properly grill. There's ways to compromise and appease everyone.

Vibe......bro........

I dont give a ? what society says. I want my boys to be leading men. Society also wants you to think like "Well, if he wants to be a woman. He can be a woman". ? that. ? gave him a ? , ima call him Chuck. Bro no matter what you say, in many eyes a stay at home dad is lame as ? . No diss to you or your situation. I promise. Fact remains, if your wife decided to leave you, your resume for the past few years is "House Husband". ? huh? ? what? It's not about who cooks and who cleans. It's about standards being set for the next generation. I work my ass off because I want my son to do the same. No free rides. Don't expect a woman to take care of you.

Standards my G
  • Turfaholic
    Options
    ? like saying "Let's make sororities & fraternities come together".

? is just plain dumb and ruins tradition.

I think it's way different than that

How so?

Please explain this. Only thing different is age group.
  • VIBE
    Options
    Am I missing something where it was stated that the Boy Scouts are going to be doing female ? ? Because you seem stuck on that and I'm confused as to why. They're just merging. I'm not seeing gender roles here trying to be reversed.

The boys can still learn to be leaders and do manly ? . Women can do the same, though. Not to mention, their interaction would only mimic that of the real world. It isn't going to be boys and girls in their cute little groups. Those type of social interactions can also be beneficial for their future. I'm not getting where boys will be baking cookings and sewing blankets.
  • Turfaholic
    Options
    Koltrain wrote: »
    This is dumb... just combine the two orgs at this point...cause the next step is for boys to be allowed in girl scouts.. Either way, I don't like the direction society is headed with gender identification.

This is the key that vibe and Ms. Southern are missing. No racism, but this is a blurred line that only white people seem to not see. Allowing boys to go to school dressed as girls. I have nothing against the ? or lesbians. I might ? jokes about them. But I'm comfortable in my own skin to not be disturbed by them. I've held many conversations with flamboyant ? men. Had transgendered people attempt to flirt with me. Thought nothing of it. My issue is adults pushing a narrative that gender is a choice, not nature. "Boys can do whatever girls can, and vice versa. The choice is yours". If you wanna live a ? life lil ? , live a ? life. I just hope a kid isn't influenced to that lifestyle because adults set the standard that there is no such thing as genders. The tone is starting to be set that if a man chooses to live as a woman, everybody else is supposed to just pretend that woman wasn't born with a ? . That's insanity.
  • VIBE
    Options
    but this is jumping to conclusions, because that's isn't what is happening at this moment

you can do all the 'what ifs' you want, it's arguing absolutely nothing
  • Turfaholic
    Options
    but this is jumping to conclusions, because that's isn't what is happening at this moment

you can do all the 'what ifs' you want, it's arguing absolutely nothing

http://unitedfamilies.org/abstinence/girl-scouts-now-allow-boys/
    If a child identifies as a girl and the child’s family presents her as a girl, Girl Scouts of Colorado welcomes her as a Girl Scout.” Young seven-year-old Bobby – born a boy, yet insists that he is a girl – can now be a member of what has until recently been an organization designed exclusively for young girls.

qxwd9xmmp276.gif
  • VIBE
    Options
    Since 2015, so why is this being brought up as a new issue now? If it's done, then it's done. 2 years ago. What the ? are you complaining about? These aren't boys being taught to be girls, they're boys who identify as girls due to some genetic or chemical make-up.

I get your issue, 100%, I just don't agree with it because, to me, it's wasted energy. It's not something I care to be against. I truly don't give a ? who wants to be who. Is it weird? Yes. Outside of that, who cares.

Your parenting will be what your child knows. Fearing ? will rub off on them is when a parent can't parent the right way.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This some ? ..
  • Turfaholic
    Options
    Since 2015, so why is this being brought up as a new issue now? If it's done, then it's done. 2 years ago. What the ? are you complaining about? These aren't boys being taught to be girls, they're boys who identify as girls due to some genetic or chemical make-up.

I get your issue, 100%, I just don't agree with it because, to me, it's wasted energy. It's not something I care to be against. I truly don't give a ? who wants to be who. Is it weird? Yes. Outside of that, who cares.

Your parenting will be what your child knows. Fearing ? will rub off on them is when a parent can't parent the right way.

Vibe....

Little Bobby thinks he's a girl. His parents are putting him in Girl Scouts.

Vibe....

He's being taught how to actively live like a female.

Vibe....

lcj9ydihz9sy.gif
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i dont get this....

they want to be included but yet have ? only they can do.

well...i did say women and white people are the same
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wonder If being one of those freaks that identify as an animal will become a normal thing someday.
  • VIBE
    edited October 2017
    Options

Vibe....

Little Bobby thinks he's a girl. His parents are putting him in Girl Scouts.

Vibe....

He's being taught how to actively live like a female.

Vibe....

lcj9ydihz9sy.gif

tgo82xy8qh9y.gif
  • freethewave
    freethewave Members Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lou_Cypher wrote: »
    I wonder If being one of those freaks that identify as an animal will become a normal thing someday.

http://i.perezhilton.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/dennis-avner-stalking-cat__oPt.jpg

Like this ? ?
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • blackgod813
    blackgod813 Members Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They gona take away urnials
  • ThaNubianGod
    ThaNubianGod Members Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cain wrote: »
    My son was in the boy scouts. On one hand this some feminist ? but on the other hand I don't care. Call it the Scouts and keep it pushing. It's a great learning tool for all kids to learn some survival ? .

Fake outrage meter should be low

You should care though. it's apathy that's allowing this ? to continue. Boys and girls aren't the same. There's no reason to mess with either the boy scouts or girl scouts, other than messed up agendas. The kids are the ones who suffer through this ? sadly.