There will be girls in the Boy Scouts

Options

Comments

• PureYang
    PureYang Members Posts: 520 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This growing stigma against gender roles is pretty interesting, and will more than likely define my generation in relation to others.

I don't see any thing wrong with them. It's when it's systemically imposed that people are forced be one way or the other, that should be stigmatized imo.

That's it.

• blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Heard on the radio this morning this is being done more for money because of all the lawsuits the boy scouts have had to pay out over the past few years. Its not women pushing this its something the boy scouts are doing to get money
  • MsSouthern
    MsSouthern Members, Moderators Posts: 21,791 Regulator
    Options
    I read this morning that The Girl Scouts aren't on board with this or allowing boys in their troops
  • blackrain
    Options
    MsSouthern wrote: »
    I read this morning that The Girl Scouts aren't on board with this or allowing boys in their troops

Yeah this is the not scouts on some clean up their image type ?
  • DoubleShotHelix
    DoubleShotHelix Members Posts: 500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    As an eagle scout, I'm cool with it as long as you dissolve the girl scouts and/or combine the two and just call it Scouts as stayed before.

I'm cool with egalitarianism as long as its true egalitarianism and not this pseudo egalitarian ? where women are afforded the exact same opportunities, power, ect but without the same expectation of performance, stardands, accountability, and/or responsibility as men are. They can almost always fall back on their femininity in regards to shortcomings.

That's the real problem most men have with women "invading" traditional male spaces and/or roles. It's not that they are female it's that they are often held to lower standards , get special consessions for the same positions as men yet expect men to respect them as equalsoften times for doing less.

So yeah I'm cool with it and any other male space a woman wants to be apart of as long as the female space is dissolved and she is held to the exact same standards as men/boys under the same circumstances. You shouldn't get to invade male spaces and keep your female space while simultaneously inevitably changing/destroying the culture of the male space and getting special privileges to help you do both.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    At first i was like wtf.. is this ? .. thinking it stems form that weirdo movement going on.. but this has value.. Then i saw som

Having young boys and girls cohabitate and learn a little more about each other at the early age, it will help socialize the and learn a lot of different skills.. yea they should merge.. after seeing gabi and vibes post..

but non of that interplanetary ?
  • Madame_CJSkywalker
    Madame_CJSkywalker Members Posts: 940 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    PureYang wrote: »
    This growing stigma against gender roles is pretty interesting, and will more than likely define my generation in relation to others.

I don't see any thing wrong with them. It's when it's systemically imposed that people are forced be one way or the other, that should be stigmatized imo.

That's it.

ppl make up systems is the issue
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    As an eagle scout, I'm cool with it as long as you dissolve the girl scouts and/or combine the two and just call it Scouts as stayed before.

I'm cool with egalitarianism as long as its true egalitarianism and not this pseudo egalitarian ? where women are afforded the exact same opportunities, power, ect but without the same expectation of performance, stardands, accountability, and/or responsibility as men are. They can almost always fall back on their femininity in regards to shortcomings.

That's the real problem most men have with women "invading" traditional male spaces and/or roles. It's not that they are female it's that they are often held to lower standards , get special consessions for the same positions as men yet expect men to respect them as equalsoften times for doing less.

So yeah I'm cool with it and any other male space a woman wants to be apart of as long as the female space is dissolved and she is held to the exact same standards as men/boys under the same circumstances. You shouldn't get to invade male spaces and keep your female space while simultaneously inevitably changing/destroying the culture of the male space and getting special privileges to help you do both.

They dont want that they want to be able to join boy scouts while having girls scouts exclusively just for females.. smh
  • Valentinez A. Kaiser
    Valentinez A. Kaiser Members Posts: 9,028 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Turfaholic wrote: »
    VIBE wrote: »
    VIBE wrote: »
    MsSouthern wrote: »
    Copper wrote: »
    I aint tryna buy no boy scout cookies

Boy Scouts sell popcorn

I think they should just be The Scouts

Teach all kids life skills

Nahhh

Gotta raise these kids with gender roles. Men lead. Bring home the bacon. Women bake cookies and stitch up ? that a man has broken. Sounds like the basis for a healthy family. Too many ? baking cookies, and women bringing home the bacon as is. ? not healthy. When I do get married, I'll be in a position where my wife can choose if she wants to work. It won't be required.

this ain't the 50's anymore, stop watching Hollywood movies, too, they don't reflect ? ..

You bake cookies..... so I understand why you caught feelings.

Big dogs eat..... little puppies cry on the porch.
    y766hj0ltkb6.gif

If you smell what I'm cooking.....

It ain't cookies

I think it's obvious by looking at society that this idea of a household isn't the normal anymore. Lifestyles have evolved and women gained more rights and respects and are apart of society in more ways than being stuck at home cleaning or cooking.

So the idea of "men lead, bring home bacon, drink beer and work on ? " while "women cook, clean and ? " is an old one and isn't fit for today anymore.

The Scouts do not have to teach a boy how to "bake cookies" but it can teach him how to properly grill. There's ways to compromise and appease everyone.

Vibe......bro........

I dont give a ? what society says. I want my boys to be leading men. Society also wants you to think like "Well, if he wants to be a woman. He can be a woman". ? that. ? gave him a ? , ima call him Chuck. Bro no matter what you say, in many eyes a stay at home dad is lame as ? . No diss to you or your situation. I promise. Fact remains, if your wife decided to leave you, your resume for the past few years is "House Husband". ? huh? ? what? It's not about who cooks and who cleans. It's about standards being set for the next generation. I work my ass off because I want my son to do the same. No free rides. Don't expect a woman to take care of you.

Standards my G

Everytime a ? says "no diss......" or "no disrespect...."

Hella disrespect ensues!
  •  i ro ny
    i ro ny Members Posts: 8,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

this all started because a transgender boy was kicked out of the boy scouts.
  • blackrain
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »

They dont want that they want to be able to join boy scouts while having girls scouts exclusively just for females.. smh

This idea didn't stem from women. This is the boy scouts trying to make back money theyve lost in lawsuits
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i'm truly surprised people actually give a ? about this.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SneakDZA wrote: »

They really don't but it falls into a pattern of concerning behavior.

On it's face, fixing this situation is simple: tell the girl no and move on.

But letting the girl in now creates a whole new dynamic that has to be accounted for. She's not a boy and thus different things are needed that weren't needed before.
  • DoubleShotHelix
    Options

Because it's indicative of a deeper gynocentric culture.

Their incessant need to shoehorn themselves into male spaces and have the culture changed around and for them while maintaining the sanctity of their of spaces and ideologies.
  • Madame_CJSkywalker
    Madame_CJSkywalker Members Posts: 940 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jono wrote: »

But letting the girl in now creates a whole new dynamic that has to be accounted for. She's not a boy and thus different things are needed that weren't needed before.

like what? these are children and maybe pre-teens

concerning behavior?
  • blackrain
    Options

Their incessant need to shoehorn themselves into male spaces and have the culture changed around and for them while maintaining the sanctity of their of spaces and ideologies.

So the fact that the boy scouts initiated this means?
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Koltrain wrote: »
    This is dumb... just combine the two orgs at this point...cause the next step is for boys to be allowed in girl scouts.. Either way, I don't like the direction society is headed with gender identification.

This is the key that vibe and Ms. Southern are missing. No racism, but this is a blurred line that only white people seem to not see. Allowing boys to go to school dressed as girls. I have nothing against the ? or lesbians. I might ? jokes about them. But I'm comfortable in my own skin to not be disturbed by them. I've held many conversations with flamboyant ? men. Had transgendered people attempt to flirt with me. Thought nothing of it. My issue is adults pushing a narrative that gender is a choice, not nature. "Boys can do whatever girls can, and vice versa. The choice is yours". If you wanna live a ? life lil ? , live a ? life. I just hope a kid isn't influenced to that lifestyle because adults set the standard that there is no such thing as genders. The tone is starting to be set that if a man chooses to live as a woman, everybody else is supposed to just pretend that woman wasn't born with a ? . That's insanity.

Gender is a choice, it's a social construct

Sex is not a choice

People stay confusing the 2
  • DoubleShotHelix
    edited October 2017
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »

Again, all inclusive gynocentric culture in an attempt to be progressive watering down the culture.

It's akin to black Americans accepting anyone with rhythm that might have colored with a black crayon at some point in life as black. Meanwhile no other culture would do the same for you.

In this case boy scouts trying to be kumbyah progressive and all inclusive meanwhile if a little boy tries to join girl scouts see what happens.

That's how cultures, empires, movements get destroyed a lot of the time you start being a little too friendly, too accommodating, too accepting and little ? starts to change and you shrug it off cause it's miniscule to the big picture then one day you wake up and the black power movement has been taken over by the lbtglmnop community and now they're pushing their agenda under your banner and you're a social pariah in your own movement.

That's why even though theyre my enemies I can understand and empathize with the alt right movement and I wish black Americans would take a hard line stance like that. Stop letting everyone in your house because eventually they'll change the culture, ideology, direction, and message so much that you'll be the outsider in your own ? .

Meanwhile, I bet they won't let you in their ? . And if they just so happen to let you in I bet they aren't going to allow you to change ideology, policy, ect you're going to have to acquiesce to their ? .
  • Koltrain
    Koltrain Members Posts: 4,286 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

They initiated in response to being sued..the question is why were there successful lawsuits against them for not allowing girls in?
  • blackrain
    Options
    Koltrain wrote: »

They initiated in response to being sued..the question is why were there successful lawsuits against them for not allowing girls in?

The lawsuits werent about them not letting girls in. They were about sexual abuse allegations
  • blackrain
    Options

Again, all inclusive gynocentric culture in an attempt to be progressive watering down the culture.

It's akin to black Americans accepting anyone with rhythm that might have colored with a black crayon at some point in life as black. Meanwhile no other culture would do the same for you.

In this case boy scouts trying to be kumbyah progressive and all inclusive meanwhile if a little boy tries to join girl scouts see what happens.

That's how cultures, empires, movements get destroyed a lot of the time you start being a little too friendly, too accommodating, too accepting and little ? starts to change and you shrug it off cause it's miniscule to the big picture then one day you wake up and the black power movement has been taken over by the lbtglmnop community and now they're pushing their agenda under your banner and you're a social pariah in your own movement.

That's why even though theyre my enemies I can understand and empathize with the alt right movement and I wish black Americans would take a hard line stance like that. Stop letting everyone in your house because eventually they'll change the culture, ideology, direction, and message so much that you'll be the outsider in your own ? .

Meanwhile, I bet they won't let you in their ? . And if they just so happen to let you in I bet they aren't going to allow you to change ideology, policy, ect you're going to have to acquiesce to their ? .

Yeah you're way off. This isn't about being progressive. Its a money grab because they're hurting after paying out lawsuit settlements. Hence why the girl scouts are like ? no to the concept because they don't need the money
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options

Boy scouts is only a "male space" due to archaic sexist beliefs. Plenty of girls like to go in the woods, cross little old ladies across the street and and other wack ? besides trying to get laid (which is what a normal kid should be doing at that age in my opinion).

What's the big deal if a girl is there when some kids go on a hike and roast some damn marshmallows? People need to grow up.

Also lol @ "gynocentric culture". Women outnumber men and most definitely are not even nearly equally represented in terms of their basic interests. You guys must get beat up by your wives or something. It's gotta be a reason for all this anti-women sentiment on this site.
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    People who don't see something wrong with this aren't real people. Men and women need time away from each other.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Will Munny wrote: »
    People who don't see something wrong with this aren't real people. Men and women need time away from each other.

They arent men and women they are kids.. kids are raised and socialized apart from a very early age.. and also not many kids go to the boy or girlscouts anyhow but there are benefits to be had