its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don’t know why it’s so hard to comprehend why Brad values Smart
  • ghost!
    ghost! Members Posts: 7,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    ghost! wrote: »
    I'm about ready to ship Smart the ? out of boston now....give Rozier his minutes.

Why?

What is he doing out there, that the Cs are benefiting from? Offense doesn't seem to click at all when he is out there taken bad shots from the 3 point line....fallen too in love with the 3 and can barely hit it.

he is out there for defensive purposes...but his mistakes on offense so far has out outweigh his defensive "prowess"
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Good win Caw Caw

Speights was playing like Curry

I was like how tf is he making these 3's lol

Good win for magic, terrible loss for pels. They just gave up once speights started draining 3s
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    I'm about ready to ship Smart the ? out of boston now....give Rozier his minutes.

Why?

What is he doing out there, that the Cs are benefiting from? Offense doesn't seem to click at all when he is out there taken bad shots from the 3 point line....fallen too in love with the 3 and can barely hit it.

he is out there for defensive purposes...but his mistakes on offense so far has out outweigh his defensive "prowess"

"I've really got to give all the credit to Marcus Smart," Horford said. "He just sees the game in ways that a lot of times we don't even see it, and he recognized that my guy was kind of falling asleep on the weak side. So he just told me, 'Hey, I'm going to screen for you, and just run off and shoot the corner 3.' You know, he got me open there on back-to-back 3's, and I felt like that was a big turning point in the game."

That’s a random comment Smart been killin ? lately, while most guys who are considered shooters allow over 50% on the other end while Smart is one of the best in the business while being able to guard 4 positions and will throw his body around whether diving for a loose ball or taking a charge, Smart won us like 6 games last year making winning plays in big moments whether on defense or a clutch shot, y’all love to forget these things and just look at his three point %, he earns those shots as far as I’m concerned
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    Y’all probably think Lou Williams, Jamal Crawford or JJ Reddick are more valuable than Smart lol man please
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    I’m going back but he was even more raw than he is now when we played Atlanta in the playoffs and Paul Millsap was looking like the mvp of the league what was the adjustment Brad that kept us from getting swept? Putting Smart on Millsap when everyone else was completely useless against him, I don’t forget these things
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    But I get y’all have to pick someone to complain about every year, last year it was Horford this year Smart, but what you’re basically telling me is Brad is stupid and doesn’t know what he’s doing by letting Smart handle the rock and giving him the green light, just like last year while players and coaches rave about Horford according to the ic he’s useless, it has to show up on the stat sheet or they are useless
  • ghost!
    Options

Why?

"I've really got to give all the credit to Marcus Smart," Horford said. "He just sees the game in ways that a lot of times we don't even see it, and he recognized that my guy was kind of falling asleep on the weak side. So he just told me, 'Hey, I'm going to screen for you, and just run off and shoot the corner 3.' You know, he got me open there on back-to-back 3's, and I felt like that was a big turning point in the game."

That’s a random comment Smart been killin ? lately, while most guys who are considered shooters allow over 50% on the other end while Smart is one of the best in the business while being able to guard 4 positions and will throw his body around whether diving for a loose ball or taking a charge, Smart won us like 6 games last year making winning plays in big moments whether on defense or a clutch shot, y’all love to forget these things and just look at his three point %, he earns those shots as far as I’m concerned

i'm homing in on his 3 point shot cause that is all he takes....just saying..

https://hardwoodhoudini.com/2017/10/30/is-terry-rozier-making-marcus-smart-expendable/

Is Terry Rozier Making Marcus Smart Expendable?

by Joshua Bateman

Everything the Boston Celtics have done is indicating that they want Marcus Smart to be a part of their future. They have given him a massive role since his rookie season, and they have made it clear how important the plays he makes are to the team.

Some uncertainty creeped up after the Celtics did not sign him to an extension, meaning there is a chance that he will be parting ways with the team next season.

The big dilemma is that Smart does everything so phenomenally, except shoot. If Smart figured out the shooting it would be a no brainer to keep him and the Celtics would have no problem spending the money.

If, however, Smart does not develop that outside shot ,then he may have to worry about one of the guards behind him becoming more important to their future plans.

He has a long ways to go before he can establish anywhere near the same level of trust, but Terry Rozier is becoming the kind of player that could have that two way impact for the Celtics.

He will never have quite the same defensive versatility of Smart. Smart is the most dynamic defensive guard in the NBA, who is battled tested guarding literally every single position on the court.

Smart has the kind of defense that no individual would be able to replace, and certainly not Rozier. That being said, Rozier is proving to be a play maker on that end. He has all the rebounding ability you could imagine, and has a similar knack for making the big effort plays in critical situations.

Rozier is a constant playmaker when he is on the court, and Rozier may be the closest thing the Celtics could ever get to replacing those hustle plays with Smart.

Rozier has some of that defensive potential, while appearing to be more polished on offense. Smart is definitely a better distributor, but Rozier is a strong instigator, and could quickly become a more trusted finisher.
  • toheeb27
    toheeb27 Members Posts: 10,049 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AP21 wrote: »
    Good win Caw Caw

Speights was playing like Curry

I was like how tf is he making these 3's lol

Good win for magic, terrible loss for pels. They just gave up once speights started draining 3s

Bcos he was WIDE open for most of them, lol. The only contested one I remember him taking was the heat check after he had knock down 3 straight threes (yes, he knock down the heat check too).

Poor Gentry was about to have an aneurysm.
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Why?

Rozier gotta finish layups better but I agree with ghost. Although smart had 7 assist the offense bogs down a lot cuz he doesn't play at a fast pace. He shot 3/10 from the field last night, all that talk about "new me" he's still shooting under 40% from the field and has his turnover issues. Rozier gives you the same numbers at a cheaper price. Paying smart $20 mil a year would ? us and set us back. If smart walks we still got rozier and jabari bird, he has his occasional "winning plays" but he's so offensively inept it's not worth the long term money or years, he's so overrated it's disgusting
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    I like Rozier, but you’re making a huge mistake if you trade Smart because of Roziers progression, theirs a role for both I only trade Smart if he’s part of a package for another star or you really don’t think you will come to terms with him in the offseason and you find a taker who’s willing to give up more than what he’s worth
  • its....JOHN B
    edited October 2017
    Options
    BlackAX410 wrote: »

Why?

Rozier gotta finish layups better but I agree with ghost. Although smart had 7 assist the offense bogs down a lot cuz he doesn't play at a fast pace. He shot 3/10 from the field last night, all that talk about "new me" he's still shooting under 40% from the field and has his turnover issues. Rozier gives you the same numbers at a cheaper price. Paying smart $20 mil a year would ? us and set us back. If smart walks we still got rozier and jabari bird, he has his occasional "winning plays" but he's so offensively inept it's not worth the long term money or years, he's so overrated it's disgusting

So we don’t like being the best defense in the league? Now we’re overrating Rozier and underrating Smart, it was dumb to even think he would become a good shooter because he lost weight in the first place, he’s streaky and hits them in big moments, he was 3/10 last night but finished a +7 while Rozier was a -3
  • BlackAX410
    Options

Brad gives him too long of a leash and I've felt that way for a while. Soon as rozier or Brown take a bad shot he'll sub them out immediately but he'll let smart miss layups and 4 missed three pointers and play him over 30 minutes. He's annoying as ? to watch on offense if he isn't making plays out the post or pocket passes in the pick and roll. He's averaging more shot attempts then Tatum and that's unacceptable. Eventually we gotta stop talking about winning plays and see he's not worth investing long term bread.

5g7waxbwfj8c.png

You wanna invest a 4 year contract to this guy? Don't give me the young excuse either a lot of guys from his draft class have turned the corner and he's still shooting the same percentages from the field as his rookie year. Jaylen and jayson both averaging over 15ppg refute that too, Marcus smart is garbage, if he turns the corner I'll retract my statement
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    The contract could be a problem if teams think he’s worth 20+ million, if not explain how it sets us back? What is it stopping us from doing?
  • ghost!
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I like Rozier, but you’re making a huge mistake if you trade Smart because of Roziers progression, theirs a role for both I only trade Smart if he’s part of a package for another star or you really don’t think you will come to terms with him in the offseason and you find a taker who’s willing to give up more than what he’s worth

nah..i agree no need to trade him now like let the season play out..but I agree with the article. looking like you might not need Smart if Rozier is gonna continue on the upside. Especially the way he rebounds for his size. One thing for sure that i like about this new team, is a lot of the role players (especially thies and baynes) dont settle for outside shots...they seem content with the mid range, looking to take a smart shot(no put intended) .... then Smart comes in start throwing up 3 at the wrong damn time....its like ahh damn it.
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I hate the way you reply to ? lol

It be Shaq levels of doing too much
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    But I get y’all have to pick someone to complain about every year, last year it was Horford this year Smart, but what you’re basically telling me is Brad is stupid and doesn’t know what he’s doing by letting Smart handle the rock and giving him the green light, just like last year while players and coaches rave about Horford according to the ic he’s useless, it has to show up on the stat sheet or they are useless

Last thing ima say in here, we can go to the Celtics thread to continue this convo, a guy that shoots 25% from 3 attempting 4 a game is problematic. He's cool in PNR at times but he's still looking off guys too much and has his turnover issues. Not knocking his defense at all but spending $20 mil a year on Tony Allen with better passing skills is foolish. He's not even enjoyable to watch cuz of his shot selection and I hope we let him walk this summer
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    BlackAX410 wrote: »

Brad gives him too long of a leash and I've felt that way for a while. Soon as rozier or Brown take a bad shot he'll sub them out immediately but he'll let smart miss layups and 4 missed three pointers and play him over 30 minutes. He's annoying as ? to watch on offense if he isn't making plays out the post or pocket passes in the pick and roll. He's averaging more shot attempts then Tatum and that's unacceptable. Eventually we gotta stop talking about winning plays and see he's not worth investing long term bread.

5g7waxbwfj8c.png

You wanna invest a 4 year contract to this guy? Don't give me the young excuse either a lot of guys from his draft class have turned the corner and he's still shooting the same percentages from the field as his rookie year. Jaylen and jayson both averaging over 15ppg refute that too, Marcus smart is garbage, if he turns the corner I'll retract my statement

First bolded is lies second bolded makes you sound casual foh, Jaylen and Jayson is irrelevant to Smart and his role on this team and his strengths as a player, no ones putting him on that level and you just threw the 20 million out there, they already tried to come to an agreement they want him back at what they think he’s worth but they aren’t going to break the bank for him or they would have already, if another team comes and snatches him for 20+ shame on them
  • ghost!
    Options
    f that..let us live for a min. before them Caw Caw ? come back, or them hashtags come ringing out...
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    f that..let us live for a min. before them Caw Caw ? come back, or them hashtags come ringing out...

They both lost so they won't show up
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    b0WAvy7.gif

Caw Caw always here. win or lose! Remember that!
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    I’m keeping Smart all ? day, I think that 40% will keep teams from going crazy with the offers plus there won’t be a spike so teams won’t have to spend money like they did when Turner got 17 mill, I think he will be in that 12-14 range and if you don’t think he’s worth that when guys like Tyler Johnson is getting 19 don’t talk to me