Official 2017-2018 NBA Thread

Options

Comments

• its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    But if they believe he will get even 17+ and they can land a pick and a productive player...I’m not going to cry about it, I want to see what we can do with this team right here though
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BlackAX410 wrote: »
    I don’t know why it’s so hard to comprehend why Brad values Smart

Brad gives him too long of a leash and I've felt that way for a while. Soon as rozier or Brown take a bad shot he'll sub them out immediately but he'll let smart miss layups and 4 missed three pointers and play him over 30 minutes. He's annoying as ? to watch on offense if he isn't making plays out the post or pocket passes in the pick and roll. He's averaging more shot attempts then Tatum and that's unacceptable. Eventually we gotta stop talking about winning plays and see he's not worth investing long term bread.

5g7waxbwfj8c.png

You wanna invest a 4 year contract to this guy? Don't give me the young excuse either a lot of guys from his draft class have turned the corner and he's still shooting the same percentages from the field as his rookie year. Jaylen and jayson both averaging over 15ppg refute that too, Marcus smart is garbage, if he turns the corner I'll retract my statement

First bolded is lies second bolded makes you sound casual foh, Jaylen and Jayson is irrelevant to Smart and his role on this team and his strengths as a player, no ones putting him on that level and you just threw the 20 million out there, they already tried to come to an agreement they want him back at what they think he’s worth but they aren’t going to break the bank for him or they would have already, if another team comes and snatches him for 20+ shame on them

I'm cool with him for $12 mil a year, 6th overall picks should average more then 9 points 4 rebounds and 4 assist on 35% from the field and 29 from 3. He also lead us in turnovers coming off the bench last year, I'm casual because I want a guy to play effectively on offense? Really? Too many moments of hero ball from him turned me off to him if he played to his strengths and didn't chuck so many I'll advised shots there wouldn't be an issue, u feel like I'm reaching how?
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nah Son wrote: »
    man I usually read through every single post in here but

giphy.gif

Inb4 unnecessary shots at the sixers
  • its....JOHN B
    Options

Brad gives him too long of a leash and I've felt that way for a while. Soon as rozier or Brown take a bad shot he'll sub them out immediately but he'll let smart miss layups and 4 missed three pointers and play him over 30 minutes. He's annoying as ? to watch on offense if he isn't making plays out the post or pocket passes in the pick and roll. He's averaging more shot attempts then Tatum and that's unacceptable. Eventually we gotta stop talking about winning plays and see he's not worth investing long term bread.

5g7waxbwfj8c.png

You wanna invest a 4 year contract to this guy? Don't give me the young excuse either a lot of guys from his draft class have turned the corner and he's still shooting the same percentages from the field as his rookie year. Jaylen and jayson both averaging over 15ppg refute that too, Marcus smart is garbage, if he turns the corner I'll retract my statement

First bolded is lies second bolded makes you sound casual foh, Jaylen and Jayson is irrelevant to Smart and his role on this team and his strengths as a player, no ones putting him on that level and you just threw the 20 million out there, they already tried to come to an agreement they want him back at what they think he’s worth but they aren’t going to break the bank for him or they would have already, if another team comes and snatches him for 20+ shame on them

I'm cool with him for $12 mil a year, 6th overall picks should average more then 9 points 4 rebounds and 4 assist on 35% from the field and 29 from 3. He also lead us in turnovers coming off the bench last year, I'm casual because I want a guy to play effectively on offense? Really? Too many moments of hero ball from him turned me off to him if he played to his strengths and didn't chuck so many I'll advised shots there wouldn't be an issue, u feel like I'm reaching how?

You’re not casual you sound casual when you say Marcus Smart is garbage, saying you wish he didn’t shoot as many three’s is a fair statement I can’t sit here and say I love him shooting so much, but there’s players who shoot 38-40% and that’s all they do is shoot they don’t defend nearly as good as Smart they can’t switch off on multiple positions like Smart, they don’t sacrifice their body or play with any type of grit or make big plays in big moments like Smart and they do anything else offensively besides shoot yet they are overpaid and don’t catch nearly the same amount flack Smart gets, you can’t always point at a players stats to determine how valuable they are, I swear you make me do this every year
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Max. wrote: »

Don't know much about Richardson outside of what I saw from him at Cuse. Id do it tho. Mario needs to go. Easily the biggest bust in Magic history.
  • BlackAX410
    Options

5g7waxbwfj8c.png

You’re not casual you sound casual when you say Marcus Smart is garbage, saying you wish he didn’t shoot as many three’s is a fair statement I can’t sit here and say I love him shooting so much, but there’s players who shoot 38-40% and that’s all they do is shoot they don’t defend nearly as good as Smart they can’t switch off on multiple positions like Smart, they don’t sacrifice their body or play with any type of grit or make big plays in big moments like Smart and they do anything else offensively besides shoot yet they are overpaid and don’t catch nearly the same amount flack Smart gets, you can’t always point at a players stats to determine how valuable they are, I swear you make me do this every year

I was critical of horford last year because he was terrible rebounding and disappeared when he needed his scoring. Don't make it seem like I attack our players for no reason. Smart's perimeter defense slipped last year which he admitted in the weight loss articles him and jae ate most of that 70 piece from Booker, I'm not pulling ? out of thin air. His defensive prowess doesn't override his atrocious offensive play. Every time kyrie set down the spurs cut into the lead cuz smart is trash as a point guard. If it ain't pick and roll he can't create cuz he doesn't have the quickness or explosion to blow by his man, which leads to off balanced shot attempts. Year 4 and you're shooting 33% from the field he's not irreplaceable and he's so overrated
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    Nah Son wrote: »
    man I usually read through every single post in here but

giphy.gif

Ima let u cook for now but if y'all miss the playoffs this year after 5 years of trusting the process I'm unloading the clip, Sixers fans hop in my mentions on Twitter everyday if y'all don't show and prove it's gonna get ugly in hrre
  • wizedidit
    wizedidit Members Posts: 40 ✭✭
    Options
    ghost! wrote: »
    I'm about ready to ship Smart the ? out of boston now....give Rozier his minutes.

IDK he's been kinda OK lately he still does dumb ? but something in me thinks we're gonna need him down the stretch
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    Avery Bradley too, I know how you operate by now my dude if we lose a game and everyone plays like trash it will still be all Smart’s fault, he’s not perfect and he’s not a star but I’d much rather have him than not have him, you think he’s overrated I think he’s underrated we’ll leave it at that
  • wizedidit
    wizedidit Members Posts: 40 ✭✭
    Options
  • ghost!
    ghost! Members Posts: 7,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    wizedidit wrote: »
    ghost! wrote: »
    I'm about ready to ship Smart the ? out of boston now....give Rozier his minutes.

IDK he's been kinda OK lately he still does dumb ? but something in me thinks we're gonna need him down the stretch

Thats the thing..its not tatnum, its not brown..not even the other role players..its YOUR ASS..the newly appointed Cs vet doing the dumb ? , still...
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AZTG wrote: »
    Soon as the Knicks above 500 me and @iron man1 gonna fill a few pages talking about role players in such detail that no one is gonna be able to really follow the conversation unless they watch every Knick game.

Houston up next so this thread may avoid a potential Knickstape floodwarning. Phoenix after that so until then I'll be

o156qgsm26u7.gif
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    Avery Bradley too, I know how you operate by now my dude if we lose a game and everyone plays like trash it will still be all Smart’s fault, he’s not perfect and he’s not a star but I’d much rather have him than not have him, you think he’s overrated I think he’s underrated we’ll leave it at that

Yeah we're not gonna agree on smart. Only reason I didn't like Avery at the time was he averaged 14 shots to average 14 points he was a chucker when we 1st started rebuilding. "Stop shooting Avery" came from him being inefficient and not doing anything outside of defense and bad shots. When he improved his range and started rebounding better I stopped the criticism. I feel all 3 of my criticisms are justified when guys improve their play I'll admit I was wrong I never run away and hide from my statements or predictions As long as your mans shoots 33% from the field I'm not changing my opinion
  • ckfree
    ckfree Members Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DSJ sucked last night

he had the i dont give a ? vibe

carlisle yanked him 3 minutes into the game

he was put back in around the 7 minute mark in the 2nd

decided to get dogged on defense and chuck up a 3

got pulled 2 minutes later and sat until 24 seconds left (was a little ? you too from carlisle)

same thing in the 3rd

got pulled 3 minutes in and returned to start the 4th

only played about 2 minutes

got put back in with about 5 minutes to go and only played about a minute
  • detcatinva
    detcatinva Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ckfree wrote: »
    DSJ sucked last night

got pulled 2 minutes later and sat until 24 seconds left (was a little ? you too from carlisle)

same thing in the 3rd

Carlisle aint for that ?
  • ghost!
    ghost! Members Posts: 7,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AZTG wrote: »
    Soon as the Knicks above 500 me and @iron man1 gonna fill a few pages talking about role players in such detail that no one is gonna be able to really follow the conversation unless they watch every Knick game.

14e4cd0.gif

nig why you in here telling stories and ? !

• ckfree
    ckfree Members Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    detcatinva wrote: »
    ckfree wrote: »
    DSJ sucked last night

same thing in the 3rd

Carlisle aint for that ?

word

not giving your full effort is always going to lead to a benching from carlisle

this is also why powell sometime gets minutes over noel

he gives 100% every game

even when outmatched

frustrated

or

when he hasnt played in a couple games
  • King_MOEbra
    King_MOEbra Members Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We did not get 20-pieced by the Knicks, we got 19-pieced. Big difference.
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    On another note, I hope the magic keep playing at a high level it's been what 6 years since they made the playoffs? Hasn't been parity in the east in a while and with their nice blend of bigs and wings that's young if they figure out what's good long term with palm tree head elf, I would like to see them in the playoffs